Are black people better than white people at music? What's your opinion?

Are black people better than white people at music? What's your opinion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ED-4sXvEuzo
youtube.com/watch?v=FGnZaHKdhvU&t=8s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Miles Davis is becoming just another Sup Forums meme

Stop before its too late

He's always been. Miles, Coltrane, the list goes on...

youtube.com/watch?v=ED-4sXvEuzo
*writes the best song ever*
maybe just a little op

John McLaughlin.

White people are responsible for classical and all it's incarnations so no

Black people are arguably better at Jazz and hip-hop; but that's literally it.

no, individuals are better at music than collectives, regardless of race or sex or sexuality

Black people are the best at innovating new genres from scratch, white people are the best at refining and mashing together said new genres.

played for miles as an assistant musician, always acknowledged his superiority
also copied hendrix's style in the early 70s and admitted it

black people saved white peoples' music in the 20th century

>at music

This.

This. There are masters of every genre of music in every race. The same goes for sex and sexuality

>The same goes for sex and sexuality
big dicks ain't there because of training

This tbqh. I doubt rock could have diverged into genres as different as shoegaze and thrash metal if black people were given exclusive control of it

Hip Hop is just mashing together funk and soul with a different style of singing.

I think what you're trying to say is
black people: continue my legacy, my sons
white people: yes, fathers

Niggas got teenie weenie black pp's bruh

Don't listen to Miles. He's off his meds again.

We are all equals and the world is a beautiful place.

Silly me forgot my picture.

>PLAYBOY: In your field, music, don't some Negro jazzmen discriminate against white musicians?
>DAVIS : Crow Jim is what they call that. Yeah. It's a lot of the Negro musicians mad because most of the best-paying jobs go to the white musicians playing what the Negroes created. But I don't go for this, because I think prejudice one way is just as bad as the other way. I wouldn't have no other arranger but Gil Evans -- we couldn't be much closer if he was my brother. And I remember one time when I hired Lee Konitz, some colored cats bitched a lot about me hiring an ofay in my band when Negroes didn't have work. I said if a cat could play like Lee, I would hire him, I didn't give a damn if he was green and had red breath.

>PLAYBOY: Do you, in your position as a famous Negro, meet prejudice?
>DAVIS : I told you, someway or other, every Negro meets it, I don't care who he is! Look, man, I sent for an electrician to fix something in the house. When he rang the bell, I answered and he looked at me like I was dirt, and said, "I want to see the owner, Mr. Davis." When I said, "You looking at him," the cat turned beet red. He had me figured as the porter. Now he's mad and embarrassed. What had I done to him but called to give him work?

>DAVIS:But let me straighten you -- I ain't saying I think all Negroes are the salt of the earth. It's plenty of Negroes I can't stand, too. Especially those that act like they think white people want them to. They bug me worse than Uncle Toms.

Miles lived a hard life.

thanks based Herbie-san. I love Headhunters

*innovates harmony that blackies steal for the next 50 years

>steal
first whiteys steal blackies

yeah i would give them that. You've got to remember that and sports is about all they've got

miles and chuck were top quality

youtube.com/watch?v=FGnZaHKdhvU&t=8s black people, ladies and gentlemen.

Get fucked. This is what you get for memeing gybe.

GY!BE really is shit to be fair

kendrick influences no one and miles davis should be near ymo man in terms of quality

fuck both of you gybe and miles davis are good

Can you guys stop it with the race shit?

gybe was already a meme

what is a rhyme scheme, flow pattern, or vocal styling

Of course not, are you retarded?

he's got terrible flow and shit vocals
heard nothing like him

weeb cuntshark

Kendrick's got one of the best flows considering it's always changing so much being far more rhythmically malleable than the majority of vocal work in music while his vocals are very much emotional performance based rather than just being loud n shouty like Eminem or melodramatic like rock musicians.

Black people find the best way to innovate while also making good music, hitting the best of both worlds.

When white people innovate the music sounds like shit, but they are good at refining it from the initial innovations.

Japanese people just make really dumb gimmick shit with no real care for depth and just only care for surface aesthetic. The epitome of image over music.

Who gives a shit

wow look at that a reasonable sound minded post