Only listens to albums once

>only listens to albums once

>posts frogs

People who do this are cancer

>didn't get the album
>proceeds to rate it 2.5 on rym anyway and moves straight on

It doesn't work does it, who are these people? Honestly.

Is twice ok or do I have to sit through something I didn't like a third time?

>you need to listen to album at least 7 times to get it!
fuck off, my time is already limited, why listen to some album I didn't enjoy the first time when I can just listen to something else?

I listen to albums once and rate them 0.5 on rym because I enjoy my inability to enjoy things.

>listens to no more than the first 15 seconds of each song before skipping through the rest of it
>spend about 10 minutes max per 40 minutes of music
>immediately compresses the folder and moves it to external hard drive
unless it is extremely, extremely good, I end up doing this several times daily

>he can't form his opinion on first listen

Hello, spectres/antigona

no you fuck off, even if don't have time that's not an excuse to dismiss something you didn't enjoy on first impression if it has depth. You're essentially just looking for pop music with surface appeal. Basically you hate music and you love telling everyone your shitty opinions on albums you only listened to once anyway. Never post here again.

Once you listen to enough music you should be able to decide if you'll like something or not in just one listen for most albums

how many times do you need to read a book to give a fair assessment? or attend a play? or watch a film? how many times must you revisit the museum and look at the painting before your opinion is valid?

lol, make me fag
tell me what's your favorite album so I can give it a low score

Probably multiple times

>how many times do you need to read a book to give a fair assessment? or attend a play? or watch a film? how many times must you revisit the museum and look at the painting before your opinion is valid?
That's not the point. There's a difference between a valid opinion and an informed one.

There's a difference between
>this album isn't for me, I don't like it
and
>this album isn't for me, it's therefore a shit album

anyone else only listens to very few albums a ton?

>only listens to one album at a time
What a waste of time

>tell me what's your favorite album so I can give it a low score

I'm using this from now on

The Cure's Disintegration. Go ahead, idgaf about rym scores or your opinion.

Hey I like that album, I just think that insult or whatever is hilarious

But nobody talks about the worst sin of all
>only listening to music on shuffle

oh Jesus, that's an actual crime

Hey, it's actually a pretty good album, rated it 9/10 myself :)

>Give album to best friend
>She fucking shuffles it

i want to die

You should try not being so autistic about how anonymous posters on a taiwanese fishing forum listen to their music

>it was a concept album meant to be listened from front to back

to be fair he never even implied that albums he didn't like are shit

sometimes when I get an album I've never heard from the archives the songs go into my foobar playlist in alphabetical order and i dont notice until the end

shit's weak, man

>he doesn't check the tracklist in wikipedia/rym to see if it checks out
rookie mistake

yeah I have no excuse, just complacency on my part since most of the time there's no problem

>tfw you need to listen to an album at least 3 times before listening to the next one from the same artist

Me. I have a batch of albums that are perfect for me.

how many are in this batch

10 albums. 4 in the upper echelon.

I sort of feel like it's completely unnecessary to listen to albums by certain artists more than once, but with other artists, it's crucial you give each of their album more than one chance. Even if you enjoy the album on first listen, you might find the music/lyrics really speak to you on repeat listens.

would i be overreaching my bounds by asking you to post them

Top 4 is Kyuss' discography.
5 - QotSA, Songs for the Deaf
6 - The Avalanches, Wildflower
7 - Surfer Blood, Astrocoast
8 - QotSA, QotSA
9 - Pixies , Doolittle
10 - The Urge, Master of Styles

ayy i recognize your love for kyuss from a different thread

>posts

Julia Louis Dreyfus?

>

>there are people that listen to albums more often than once per year

As long as they aren't ironic weaboo cocksuckers like you

> >

I'll kick your ass

Why tho? You cant fully appreciate an album by skipping through 75% of it. And if youre not even going to listen to it, why keep it? like i get keeping a shitty album that you bought or have a physical copy of, but why save music you didnt really listen to, or plan on listening to in the future.

Because he's baiting

My friend:
>listens to album once
>on shuffle with ads on free spotify
"It wasn't cohesive"
"It was okay"

>listen to new album
>pretty fucking good, play it nonstop for a month
>inevitably get sick of it
>revisit it every ~6 months, each listen better than the last

You won't get all the inner mechanisms in a movie or book the first time around so why would you expect the same with music

>get friend into music (listening to albums)
>he's listened to probably 3 front to back without interruptions
>starts to brand himself to others as the 'DDJ' or 'designated DJ' at parties with his bluetooth speaker he wasted 300 dollars on
>Talks to me about how he's worked for hours constructing his playlists and how they're composed of his 'favorite songs'
>constantly blasting random 70s and 80s pop songs at obscene levels of volume in his car and at social events. Songs that have been played billions of times and beaten to death by every radio station since their conception
>Toto - Africa
>Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams
>tell him to turn it down
>he refuses
> i turn it down
>he immediately turns up whatever bullshit's playing

Whenever i see him now he's jamming out to his same sterile playlist and I've heard every song on that playlist at least 3 times.

He also genuinely likes imagine Dragons and calls them experimental and innovative.

the worst part is I listen when he talks about his favorite artists, but when I talk about mine he remembers almost nothing of what I tell him and just constantly babbles about how eclectic his tastes are.

How do I properly assess this so I can have a discussion about music with him?

I was thinking about throwing him outside the palace walls and berating his playlist method of shuffling his music for 'maximum enjoyment'.

I've done this with some albums that I haven't liked and there's been times where I'll re-visit them and enjoy them on the second listen.

shut the fuck up faggot

Motherfucking this. Albums don't click or stay with me until I listen to them at least 3-4 times.

Same. And that's just genres I am familiar with. Diving into new genres takes 5 listens minimum for me to grasp it