Be jazz

>be jazz
>one of the most creative, improvised genre
>dying to edm and pop garbage
What the fuck happened to jazz, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xn88IKybR_s
youtube.com/watch?v=mHBHHEoJ_WA&
youtube.com/watch?v=f4V_uaxBVOw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

STOP

STOP FORCING THIS MEME

I will stop when the world pays for it's crimes against gybe.

>my pop taste is better than your pop taste
you might as well be complaining that metal is better than justin beiber

>Who is Austin Peralta
>Who is Eric Revis
>Who is Chris Potter
>Who is Craig Taborn
>Who is Kamasi Washington
>Who is David Virelles

The developments in the jazz world haven't been this exciting since the early 70s. If you seriously think jazz is dead, dying, or even stagnant, you're not paying attention.

It is though lmao.

GO TO HELL, ADORNO, EVEN HOBSBAWN THINKS YOU'RE A HACK WHEN IT COMES TO MUSIC; EVEN SCHOENBERG, WHOSE DICK YOU SUCKED OFF UNTIL IT WAS DRIER THAN THE ATACAMA, THOUGHT YOU WERE A FUCKWIT

Taborn is the only innovative musician on that list

who's that Arcade Fire saxophonist, he still does stuff. Jazz isn't dead until he is

>black folks play jazz
>black folks and white hipsters listen to jazz
>white folks start playing easy listening jazz
>black folks start playing jazz that's hard to dance to
>now only hipsters listen to jazz

if you can't dance to it you get no radio plays, hombre
doesn't mean you can't still play it

Give me some new Jazz releases from this year.

I mean, maybe you can make that argument against Kamasi (although I think he frames his traditional tropes in an interesting way) but really? Eric Revis not innovative? David Virelles not innovative?

If you know all of these guys well enough to suggest that, then surely you know of other groundbreaking jazz musicians. My point stands regardless.

Why did Milesposting become a thing?

the digits of truth, fuking checked

Think you could hit me up with some recommendations for those?

edgy ass pseuds trying to out art each other killed jazz

youtu.be/xn88IKybR_s

It took itself too seriously and stopped being fun music to dance to, so only the diehard nerds cared about it. Same thing happened to rock.

Dafuq are you talking about?
Jazz is very well still being played
I might be wrong but Jazz is an academic genre. People play and produce Jazz compositions, mostly for the sake of composing for other jazz artists.
If by pop garbage you mean summer hits and radio-friendly tunes it sounds like you cant get over your own elitism in music, but thats understandable because jazz is a very elitist enviorment, not only among musicians but the people that consume it also. Not all jazz is improvising crazy shit.
Now there's a lot of kids getting their masters degree by composing songs that include such EDM elements and jazz has been fused onto other genres

>liking one thing =/= you have to dislike other things you think are opposite to that one thing

Just listen to Phronesis, they are lively, complex, and have great motifs.

This was pretty damn good.

Even at the height of jazz's popularity, the masses didn't listen to the real creative and innovative shit. It was just background or dance music for most people. Now decades later, it's the same thing. There's very creative electronic music and pop music, but most people aren't listening to it. Cause most people only care about music to the extent that it sounds pleasant. Jazz isn't dead to people who genuinely care about music as an artform.

Baptiste Trotignon & Yosvany Terry – Ancestral Memories
Trio 3 - Visiting Texture
The Necks - Unfold

>Jazz
>Dead
youtube.com/watch?v=mHBHHEoJ_WA&

Check some Hubro records

King Gizzard - Sketches Of Brunswick East

youtube.com/watch?v=f4V_uaxBVOw

I love the irony of right wingers complaining about "le ebil cultural marxists destroying western society with their pop culture and deviancy" when Adorno hated fucking Jazz for being too vapid.

jazz died because its a close ended style. no one wants original compositions. they want standards. how many covers of giant steps does the world need? everything that needed to be expressed through jazz has already happened generations ago. honestly i think the ken burns jazz documentary in the 90's was the nail in the coffin.