What did Pitchfork mean by this?

The Shangri Las were more important to pop music than Jim Morrison, hack idol of baby boomers everywhere

>the most cheesy girl group of the 60s who's music is so fucking dated its impossible to enjoy is better than the Doors

What did (you) mean by this?

What the fuck does that have to do with music?

The Doors fucking suck dude, Jim Morrison was a true hack and is only loved by baby boomers and their allies

you're just as bad as the Sup Forumssters. stop bringing politics into everything.

I didn't say the doors. I said Jim Morrison. Robbie Krieger was an excellent guitarist and their organ player had a fairly innovative style of playing. But Jim Morrison was a boring vapid junky

Must've been written by someone who lives on the East Coast.

the shangri-las were a pop band fronted by fuckable girls. the doors were a pop band fronted by a loudmouth asshole who couldn't sing and spewed lousy poetry instead

I don't even like the doors, but you sound like someone with a lot of problems in his life.

The Doors is cheesy dadrock shit

this is the revisionist version of poptimism, done solely for social posturing. pitchfork makes me sick tbqh, nobody there gives a damn about artistry anymore

>listing albums of singles artists

What did they mean by this?

Manzarek was a good keyboardist, right, but his playing was too jazzy for the doors

>make one of the most creative and important rock records of the 60s, if not ever
>50 years later hipsters rate a girl group album over yours
>half of said album is cover songs

>You

the shit I'm forced to read on this board sometimes, fuck me

kek

>Best believe that two decades before Nicki Minaj was born, the Shangri-Las were the baddest bitches in Queens
Who writes this shit?

that makes me want to puke to be quite honest with you famolos