So user, how's your dream of becoming a famous musician coming along?

>So user, how's your dream of becoming a famous musician coming along?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Gurglesplat9?s=09
cameronclarke.bandcamp.com/album/snakes-2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've got garage band and make nothing. How's your fashion design going?

About as good as your coding, karlie

rip

kek

I play guitar in my room. But I got a job lined up for a software development job, so that's cool and helps pay for all the pedals I buy.

I just want to be satisfied with myself since I obviously don't have the skill or talent to be a good songwriter. I've been practicing guitar for a year now and I'm still terrible, even by /gg/ standards apparently. I just want to play something that actually sounds listenable.

>even by /gg/ standards
Do you mean their standards, or other guys there? Because nobody in /gg/ is any good and all feel they're great and everyone else stinks.

damn son

I don't give a shit about being famous, I just want to have fun playing music.

I guess just other guys there, but I'm just bad. People will talk about how long it took them to learn techniques and I'm still shit at even basic stuff after a year.

I want to be a filmmaker, actually. I don't want to be big though. I just want to make film. The government subsidizes the film school I go to and the industry we have so I'll be able to fulfill my dream. feels good man.

You'll be at basic stuff for a while. It's for the best, trust me. Trying to learn advanced stuff before you're ready for it only makes you worse and you end up having to basically relearn the instrument. So master the fuck out of those basics.

That's IF you get subsidized and they've got enough money for you.
Where do you go to school? What kind of movies do you like and what do you want to make.
t. Euro who didn't go to film school but did get movies subsidized through showreels, screenplays, networking, and luck

I'm not going to give up, but I get easily discouraged and pessimistic. I just feel embarrassed that I still can't even switch between chords well enough to keep up with 4/4, and still fuck up basic chords. Of course I'm an older learner so whatever.

shut up karlie, just give me the number of your friend who sells weed or I'll tell mom about the pregnancy test I found in the back of our stepdad's minivan

>Where do you go to school?
Filmskolen in Copenhagen.

>What kind of movies do you like and what do you want to make.
Most likely drama. Although I probably want to start with television and then move into film naturally. I know a lot of people at DR so I should be fine with that.

wtf are you brother and sister

why would someone do a pregnancy test there
that's a gross place to piss

>that's a gross place to piss
we're not talking about your mother's face

I dropped it, might start learning how to kode...

I'm glad you're not giving up, because too many people do so just because they're not naturals at it. You don't have to be a virtuoso to have fun and feel fulfilled playing guitar.

I don't want to be a famous musician, but I'd like to make something neat for myself before I an hero my way out.

This.

Why do you want to an hero?

Good luck famalam. Any directors you like?

STOP posting this lanky jew-fucking bitch everywhere already

Varg why do you hate skinny women?
Why do you like chubsters? Muh birthing hips? Your dislike of fitness?

He's gay.

Dont worry buddy. I'm still shit after a decade

Based.

shut up

Mikhail Kalatozov, Victor Sjöström, Glauber Rocha, Wojciech Jerzy Has, Shūji Terayama, Frederico Fellini, Juraj Herz and of course Lars von Trier.

Still dreaming.

Nice picks.
Is Lars a national hero in Denmark? From what I understand Refn is loathed there because he did some tell-all interview about the industry.
If you ever want to talk movies send me an email at [email protected]!
(I'm not that subsidized filmmaker user; I'm just an amateur).

Definitely. From what I see he seems polarizing outside of Scandinavia but even more so overseas. For better or worse, I think he represents quite well what Danish people are like. He's an odd cultural icon but it makes sense why he is.

>If you ever want to talk movies send me an email at [email protected]!
Sure thing!

s-shut up

Serious question: Why would you WANT to be famous? You can make plenty enough money to sustain a pleasant living without being "famous".

I want to make enough money to never work another day in my life desu

then you're not really in it for the music

I can spend much more time on music when I'm rich though

I've never really had that dream desu. I've honestly always wanted to be in the doctoring field because helping people has always been an aspiration for me.

this

How's that dream going?

OH JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY DUMB BITCH!

Don't talk to your sister like that.

Terrible. I've had over a dozen instances of meeting musicians that didn't go farther than the first meetup, established bands I've had end up breaking up after a month or two. I've had a solo project for several years that hasnt made a dime, and I'm turning 26 tomorrow. I've been job hopping and too afraid to go back to school.

Post your music.
Happy birthday user.

I lost interest through time. Wanted to be a musician since I was a kid into my late teens but I was more worried about hanging out with friends than practicing. In high school I tried to get into music related clubs and it never worked out. I uses to take guitar and piano and lost intereat. I tried to pick up the guitar again but the love fornit isn't there anymore.

I don't want to be a famous musician, I'd just like to release a couple of albums that sold well and have people enjoy my music

thanks

kjvalium.bandcamp.com

Ive made 10 bucks this year off of it!

twitter.com/Gurglesplat9?s=09

I make what I feel is pretty good music but can't be bothered promoting it or whatever, so I spent like 4 years on my mangum opus and only like 10 people total probably ended up hearing the whole thing

so it's going pretty well i guess

fuck off varg

awful

>tfw i always wanted to be a famous musician
>wanted to make songs that would change people
>be in garage with 3 friends (they all only had guitar but i kinda conviced later on that the other get the other needed parts)
>tried to teach them guitar
>no rythm, they dont know when to play their part, they play slow and they meme tier tell me that i suck as teacher
>the dream died because i dont have more friends
What ever.

go solo

Post it.

Famous? I'm doing exactly what I want with my music. Playing solo classical guitar at nice restaurants for extra money.

Producing few songs here and there that are played on the radio, get chosen for videogames (nba 2k18) and pay well enough to pay rent, car and anything my normie brain tells me can make me a happy person.

yolo

cameronclarke.bandcamp.com/album/snakes-2

not good. Are those compression leggins getting you enough attention ?

>tfw have the ability to recognize artistic talent
>tfw don't posses any artistic talent myself

suffering

City?

Artistic "talent" is often the result of practice and studying music. You can do it user.

huh

any day now

As if I would ever be in a friendly social situation with a girl as beautiful as her.
fuck off wanker