What's the appeal of anime?

What's the appeal of anime?

You have no time to actually meet people who watch anime.

Good stories, good action, can be funny...just fun stuff to watch and I only watch Dubbed

>I only watch Dubbed
Expand your horizons man, there's so much out there that never gets a western release.

hot boys yelling

For me it's that you can do a lot more with animation than you can with live action. Easily, anyway. Plenty of opportunities for interesting stories, fantasy genres, or just stuff that would be hard to film.

if you want a serious answer: the medium is much more free than live action because every bit of composition is at your will. you can also manipulate everything in ways that are totally impossible or extremely hard (with cgi), from the movement of the characters to impossible physics, exotic editing or other stuff. also simplifying the characters/textures/colors/.. leaves more room for a personally appealing interpretation. unluckily, this gets underused because of the market: yes you can sell loli characters with godlike grace, hair that no woman will ever have, and a face that looks stunning to anyone and even massive tits if you like to people but those are just the cheapest applications of the aforementioned qualities of the medium. luckily, there is a good amount of anime which with a much more artistic appeal to them even when people dont think about them when you ask them if they like anime.

here just watch these
>the pretentious shit starter kit

>kuuchuu buranko
>yojouhan shinwa taikei
>ping pong: the animation
>cowboy bebop
>samurai champloo
>monster
>eve no jikan
>FLCL
>jinrui wa suitai shimashita
>mawaru penguindrum
>the big o
>mousou dairinin
>mushishi
>evangelion (original, not rebuilds)
>NHK ni youkoso
>space dandy

this is unironically a list of my favorites, and there's a lot of stuff in there for you if you're a true patrician who doesn't watch anime just for cute grills

Sports anime are crazy fun. I'm hopelessly addicted to yowamushi pedal and ace of diamond right now. New season of food wars started, that's good news

I have a few anime series that are only in Japanese...like Hell Girl Seasons 2 and 3 are in Jap only...season 1 is dubbed but I just prefer dubbed

As for best animes

Noir
Yamada's First Time
I am a Zombie
Casshern Sins
Canaan
El Cazador De La Bruja
Mad Lax
Claymore
Angel Beats
Clannad
Clannad After Story
Spice and Wolf
Steins Gate

Are all excellent

>watching jigoku shoujo dubbed
what the h*ck

Give me a good sports anime to watch. Only one I've seen from that genre is Initial D.

Which show is that one? In English please

the one with the nazi loli

Seriously? I just mentioned two. Learn to internet.

Shokugeki no Souma is my shit, bruh
110% hyped for Season 3

Nazi loli? I don't watch that shit

anime is for outcast degenerates.

The appeal of anime is cute girls that aren't threatening like their real life counterparts. If one ever stops being scared of girls, one loses interest in anime.

for me it is
- real life experiences i will never make
- school life i never had
- love i never experienced
- anything outside my basement

I meant ones you've finished.

*block your path*

For me personally it's because i enjoy the fact that people took time to draw it which implies that the visual script is much more well made than one of (most) western media. (Arrengement of poses, scenes etc.) Then you've got the part where humanely impossible exagerration gets possible.

>nothing personnel, kid

pussy that you will never get to touch

>stab her from behind

I just view it as any other form of media. Some's really good, and an equal amount is utter degenerate garbage.

with my dick

Noir is by far the best anime ever

Yes, please

do you like being treated like a dog little slut?

If only Shinji is the one doing it