What was your first computer Sup Forums?

What was your first computer Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cpxN8Lpn2UM
youtube.com/watch?v=nLy_jEbuY-U
youtube.com/watch?v=2oh4A8MI4Xs
scorched3d.co.uk/
youtube.com/watch?v=Q3R3oiM6-6k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

P100. 16mb ram, 1gb HDD, 28.8k modem.

I still have that motherboard and it runs like a dream.

>I still have that motherboard and it runs like a dream.
Long may you run.

Ebm and p2, I had a keyboard before that
Duno specs and know who has them.

Ran many games on p2.

Got p4 with my own moneys
1.3g cpu I think

Wish I had my newest p4, played many games and used it as a server

Kinda like phones i only had few

youtube.com/watch?v=cpxN8Lpn2UM

This is it, but I forget the model number. My grandparents bought it for my family for $2,000.

Specs:
>64 MB of RAM
>Intel Celeron Processor at 500MHZ
>And an Ultra High hard disk space of 13.6 GB

greetings younglings

This. Though mine was an Apple IIe with dual drive and expanded RAM (to 64K if I remember correctly).

I thought I was very different in 2004 when I had Apple desktop :)

So 5 pcs bought, 1 was built from scratch

Atari 800xl

old 386
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_80386

Wang Word Processor

First computer I used was my dad's Apple 2 from his work. First computer I owned was an IBM XT clone with only floppies. The computer was sold as defective for $35.00 at a garage sale. I discovered it didn't run because the guy put the ram in backwards. I later got a used 20mb hard drive for it. That was a big deal for me.

IBM XT 8088 with 4.77 MHz, 640 KB RAM and a 10 MB HDD. Was later upgraded with a Hercules monochrome graphics card.

Next one was a 486 SX 33. I was fucking blown away by the performance difference.

Sinclair ZX-81

C64 :]

here

Brofist. I got mine when my dad's company upgraded to 286s. He was in a pretty high position, so they didn't complain when he brought like 5 of them home and gave one to everyone in the family. I played Monkey Island 1 on that thing and it was horribly slow kek.

Also I was looking for that exact picture to go with my post but couldn't find it, so I just posted a random screenshot from a Japanese TV show I watch kek

> Compaq 286LTE
> base 640K with 384K upgrade
> 20 MB HDD
> Windows 3.0
> used it mostly to play "Stunts"

> pic of machine

A TI-55 II.
Some asshole in college stole it.

How exactly do you know? What do you run on it now? Or how do you use it/ keep it going ?

Btw you might enjoy this video. The guy got his hands on a completely unused and still factory sealed XT in 2017. Really worth watching.

youtube.com/watch?v=nLy_jEbuY-U

386sx followed by the all mighty 486 DX 266

Then up into the Pentium range as they became available.

Back when hardware was actually a thing that mattered!

I loved the level editor in Stunts. Being able to make my own content was revolutionary at that time.

Oh it's not a XT. Kinda remembered that wrong. Still worth watching.

Commodore 64

Did you have the datasette?

1981 I got a Vic-20. I was late to the bbs party though, it wasn't until 1984 til I got a kickass c64 with an acoustic coupler modem. 751 2600 bitches

commodore 64

Acer laptop with Windows Vista.
Now underage, just poorfag.

1541 disk drive all day baby, fuck that tape player

good man

>1541
I remember having to tune that thing with a screwdriver, every few months it sounded like it threw a rod

Spectrum 16K

this, followed by an amstrad cpc 464

thanks for the nostalgia guys
youtube.com/watch?v=2oh4A8MI4Xs

First three:

VIC 20
Apple II clone
Atari ST

this

im only 21 i've seen these computers in person before what could you even do with them, this is my first computer btw

ZX81 1kb of ram

>what could you even do with them
Business.
Word processing, accounting, spreadsheets, databases...
It's called "IBM" for a reason

noone started out with an Amiga, I'm ashamed of all you. It was my fourth computer, but I'm older than some of you, but still, noone?

Control Data Corporation 64000

Even those were able to run video games.

I played lots of Lucasfilm point and click adventures on a IBM XT.
Even Mechwarrior 1 before I got a better computer (at like 2 FPS lol, but I was a huge Battletech fan, so.. yeah..)

i had a ti 994a..then later the a1000

My dad used to program these big machines in COBOL. He loves to tell stories about these days, like when the lights went dim for a moment when they switched the hard drives on.

My older brother and sister both had a C64 which I was allowed to use if that counts.

Get on my level...

Timex Sinclair. You had to plug it into a tv.

nice, but still noone started out with the Amiga, and then all of their pc's since have failed to compare

oohh look at you with the added ram

>Mechwarrior 1
Nostagia'd

Commodore Vic 20 followed by a TRS-80 followed by an IBM Clone (forget the model) 8088 with math co-processor.

Fucking Marauders, man.

The fucking veggie tales pc

Before i had the hard disk i had Wordstar and a publishing program on floppy. Also had a few games including the original Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards. Once I got the hard drive I could run MSWord ver. 2. Good times.

Same with the Vic 20. I mean, you could get the monitor but mom wasn't down with that.

By brother had an Osbourne. He called me a Commercial Computer.

Amiga's were pretty tits when they came out. MODs were the best.

>Larry 1

That game gave me nightmares as a kid.

>go into back alley
>die

I still make tracker music on my current computer.

Check out Schism Tracker (oldschool) and Renoise (newschool. more like a daw with a tracker interface)

Oh and Schism Tracker can play Amiga .MOD files, btw.

This magnificent beast.

for some reason my computer would always freeze just when I was getting ready to bang the girl in LL. so yeah, kind of like a reoccurring nightmare.

I had a DEC 286 and a 386 that followed, wasn't into gaming back then as much but I remember a PGA tour golf game that was pretty unreal for the time with all the terrain.

IN the 80's magazines had games and programs printed in basic that you could type into your computer. but if you didn't have a drive you'd lose all that work when you shut it off. also sometimes the magazines would have typos so you'd type in a couple hundred lines of code and it wouldn't run. you could spend days troubleshooting a little program.

Wordstar was originally a program published in a magazine.

Man I remember those magazine games. They were one of the main reasons why I started learning BASIC back then.

I used to have subscriptions to RUN magazine and compute. BASIC was within my comprehension, Machine Language stuff made my 16 yr old brain hurt.

Apple ][ + clone

Good ol' 386 that ran Windows 3.1..

kidz today don't know how to msdos and batchfile.

Commodore 64 he sinclair zx

some old timers these days cant even into cpm

>dat filename
>big cums nevar forget

>when you have to edit autoexec.bat and config.sys again because don't have enough free conventional memory

1st Computer - Commodore 16
1st Console - Atari 2600
1st PC - 486 DX2 66, 500mb HDD, 8 Mb RAM

Loved consoles etc when I was younger (was a sega boy) but as soon as I got my PC and DOOM2 I never looked back.

Best games from the golden age of PC gaming ...

Syndicate - Magic Carpet - C&C - Red Alert - XCOM (TFTD) - Scorched Earth (8 plyr) - SimCity - One must fall - Revolt - Mega Race .... and one I cant remeber the name was a dungeoin crawler type rpg where you were just a torso - really old win 3.11 type era ...

Also having to write custom boot disks to get certain games to run - and if you have ever used memmaker to get games working you are old .... like me :P

... also SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H

and if you are really old .. .

1 KEMPSTON
2 Sinclair
3 Keys

scorched3d.co.uk/

Fanmade Scorched Earth in 3D for modern PCs.

remember manually checking interrupts to find program conflicts?

amd athlon 1.2ghz
512mb ram
windows ME

Which robot did you main in OMF? Mine was the Shadow.

Also

youtube.com/watch?v=Q3R3oiM6-6k

Yeah lol. Setting the Sound Blaster to IRQ 7 was usually the easiest solution to most problems.

Commodore 64

Learnt enough basic to spend my time writing erotic text adventures about hot bitches from kids tv shows. Not all of my time. Some of my time was spent playing them and fapping.

Might even have some of those games on cassette somewhere. The best one was where Blue Peter presenter Katy Hill got kidnapped and gang raped.

I was usually the boxy looking one - but did also play the flame guy a bit....

also Epic Pinball - only had 1 level on the demo disk - played that god knows how many times.

Thx :) .. Ill have a look - I wish the would remake Magic Carpet.

this :)

Was an intel cpu with 333hz and 3gb of hard drive.

Dont know how much ram but had an 3dfx vodoo graphics card wich played a lot of games well including uprising 2 lead and destroy. Badass game btw

I remember copying games out of magazines line by line in BASIC ..... then it doesn't work - then you fix it and feel like a cyber god.

Also anyone remember SkiFree ... that crappy skiing game that was like Horace goes skiing on the speccy. I saw this XKCD and was like the last panel in the cartoon :P

Dumping some computer nostalgia ...

Syndicate - such a good game.

New fangled interweb shopping through your computer - it will never catch on ...

Oh yeah DOS era Pinball games were fucking great.
I don't get why they don't make those anymore.

My favourite one was the one with the little "screen" below the gameplay where all kinds of animations played depending on what was going on. I think it was Extreme Pinball.

For the very old amongst us. They had this on THE computer (BBC Acorn Electron) at my primary school

ZX Spectrum

The poor mans C&C

This one?

my nigga

for me:
Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k
Kempston for Life