ITT: Bad Album Art

ITT: Bad Album Art

Is that album good though?

does it look good to you?

Bowie at his blandest, which is distinct from Bowie at his worst (mid to late '80s)

DUDE

There's always a correlation with the quality of the music and the album cover. I don't know why that is

this is not a bad album art, even remotely

WEED LMAO

I'm gonna get hate for this

make really good music -> have drive to ensure really good album art
make ok music -> don't care much about securing good art

god that really is ugly

pleb

What's this album about?

Goth dude takes drugs and sings slow.

Based panda bear has based album art whats wrong with you

>using "based"
What's wrong with you?

Robert Smith and his due taxes.

That scary puppet on the right has a shirt with "welcome the rolling stones" written on it

Listened to it for the first time yesterday.
It's okay, New Killer Star and Pablo Picasso are pretty good, Bring Me The Disco King I liked a lot.

Outside > Blackstar >> The Next Day > Reality > Earthling > Heathen > Black Tie White Noise

I haven't listened to BoS or Hours yet

that's based

That's sad.

neither is this, faget

I somewhat agree with you. Reality was actually a good album. Looking for Water and The Loneliest Guy were great songs. But why do you think Earthling is better than Heathen?

The worst

Underrated

I mean that's so cheesy like, >hurr durr i got the million dollar gravy. Grow the fuck up

I don't think either of them are particularly strong, but found Heathen to be particularly slow, no really interesting melodies or lyrics, and the production wasn't great either. The rock tracks just don't rock; compare his cover of Cactus to New Killer Star or anything of TND and it just sounds turgid. Earthling can get a little monotonous and the production can be pretty flat, but I like the Drum and Bass influence, and Americans, Little Wonder, and Dead Man Walking are all good songs.
So yeah, Earthling is massive let down after Outside, but still more enjoyable than Heathen imo

Fuck this album too

cmon son

Such a good album tho

I can't tell if he plans on seeing the solar eclipse or if he really wants to cook his eyes thoroughly.

What were they thinking?

>album art
that term would mean an entire album that constitutes art through every aspect; tracks, cover, et.c and how they culminate to deliver a concept to the viewer.

An album cover isn't 'album art', pleb

im drowning in the vast amount of autismal fluids of that statement.

interesting. I like your viewpoint.

It's bad

Don't listen to either, sorry you even had to look at it

A challenger appears

Why the fuck do people think the quality of something has anything to do with whether something is art or not?
Also an album cover is definitely the album artwork you fucking dipshit

>autism means not being a retard who can't speak English
No, not really

>Why the fuck do people think the quality of something has anything to do with whether something is art or not?
Probably because they're idiots who have no idea what art is but use it as a pedestal for their preferences

>Also an album cover is definitely the album artwork you fucking dipshit
>art means 'images' dipshit
No, it doesn't.

If this album art came out today everyone would love it

>secondlife.png

I love this band but they have terrible album art, this being the worst. Their latest albums art is the runner up.

this fits the music though

Actually Good:

explain why the banana with someone's signature on it is a good cover

well at this point it's more of the fact it's an icon

back then fuck if I know man, it's simplistic which contrasts most of what was coming out at the time

This is a dope cover

You don know that the banana is a sticker you can pull away right?

nigga it says it right there

I just never met anyone willing to pull theirs off

the artist send them a raw draft of the cover to demonstrate his concept, but they decided to use it as a final cover all of a sudden. It was a scandal in cover artist circles. The artist is a great surrealist painter Dave Patchett, by the way.

I know. Why are you telling me this?

It sucks imho