Got into a discussion with a friend of mine over Trevor Noah staw manning people who think it's too soon to be talking...

Got into a discussion with a friend of mine over Trevor Noah staw manning people who think it's too soon to be talking gun laws the day of the shooting. It eventually boiled down to a brief mention of "People shouldn't be able to have fully automatic AK's with 100rnd Drum Mags"

While I fully understand his position, and think that a drum mag and an automatic weapon combined are ludicrous and purely for show, but don't necessarily think it applies to this particular situation.

What are your thoughts? What possible actions do you think will be taken to try and "curve" this automatic weapon debate.
Out of all the mass shootings I've seen in this past decade, this is the first I've heard of to actually have an automatic weapon involved, so maybe this will be a moment where things will be shifted around, viewpoints will change.
Personally, since I believe the shooter was using a belt fed LMG (just going off the time in between bursts and rate of fire, guessing something like the M240B,) which if I'm correct in at least the Belt Fed part, said weapon types will end up being restricted, and I'm fine with it, I don't think it's necessary. One thing remains, though, it's safe to assume the left will not compromise and want /all/ automatic weapons removed from the country, even despite the FOPA implications and previous attempt at removing assault weapons.

Other urls found in this thread:

rare.us/rare-politics/rare-liberty/police-state/an-easier-way-for-police-to-track-your-cell-phone-and-other-horrible-new-laws-went-into-effect/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

not an m240b, m249, call of duty does not make you a gun expert
retards who don't know shit about guns need to shut the fuck up and stop posting their retarded opinions

didn't the vegas shooter use a trigger crank on a semi-auto rifle?

Okay, and ignore the fact that he took 17 seconds to reload, even though they said he had several rifles in the room with him? That his barrel started to overheat somewhere between the 2nd and 4th burst? Try again, not making assumptions based on video game logic.

No, you can clearly hear the RoF wasn't staggered, not until after several bursts, but that was from rounds cooking off as they entered the chamber, speeding up

>and ignore the fact that he took 17 seconds to reload
it doesn't take 17seconds to reload a fucking belt you autistic little shit
he was most likely pausing to look for movement to continue fire down that direction

>Trevor Noah

Yeah I stopped reading right there, he’s a fucking idiot and the daily show has sucked balls ever since he took over.

Then tell me master, what is the fasted time minimum that you could load a belt fed.

if you had a replacement belt ready 4s
Pop the top, drag new belt on, slam top, pull charging handle.
Fire rate was too slow to be either a 249 or 240b even when the gas regulators been tuned low.
All of this information is easily verified by google, not sure why you people continue to be extremely ignorant about firearms and spout your smoothbrain opinions on them

/thread

Rights do not end where your feelings or beliefs begin. The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. What the fuck is so hard about this? If you're not a US citizen, don't even bother commenting. Your opinion is not relevant or wanted.

/Someone else
If i have a belt ready 10 seconds max, if i had time to practise a little i'm confident i'd get it down to 5.

rights do end when they infringe on people being alive, you dumb kid.

>rights do end when they infringe on people being alive, you dumb kid.
The rights of the individual, not the populace.

I filmed myself shooting an M249 for the first time ever last year. Even though the instructor was taking me through step by step instructions on the loading process and I made the odd mistake it didn't take 17 seconds. It took 10 seconds max.

first of all, a new manufacture m249 is illegal to sell to civilian, a new manufacture machine gun or select fire weapon is barred under the firearm act of 86, under the nfa act of 32 the taxation on the sell of automatic weapon to civilians with the 200 dollar tax stamp and fingerprints and background check, there all kind of laws regarding firearms, just go to the batfe website. yea I forgot we don"t want to muddy the water with facts when emotions are a lot more logical

rare.us/rare-politics/rare-liberty/police-state/an-easier-way-for-police-to-track-your-cell-phone-and-other-horrible-new-laws-went-into-effect/

If everybody at the concert had RPGs and bazookas, they could have stopped him.

>People shouldn't be able to have fully automatic AK's with 100rnd Drum Mags

Fuck you user. I am a peaceful citizen and I use mine for hunting.

How about instead of autistically bitching about people having too much freedom we discuss why the fucker did it?

It's been confirmed it wasn't a full auto retard. He had a bumpfire

He did it because he had 17 guns duh. Don't you know guns kill people?

>It's been confirmed it wasn't a full auto retard. He had a bumpfire

No it hasn't. Stop passing on fake news, you UnAmerican fake news guy....

Gun control is fun control.

Www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/las-vegas-shooting-stephen-paddock-what-we-know-about-gunman/

Bumpfire my nigger. Bump fire

Its fascinating how despite the apparent gun violence problem America has, people still claim that gun control isnt needed.
I understand that people feel cool owning guns, but at some point they need to grow up and face reality.

Fuck em. If you die you fucking die. Legalize everything. If you are dumb enough to meet the reaper it's your own damn fault

>Legalize everything
Thats redicules.
Literally regressive.

If you can only harm yourself with it, sure, go ahead.
But why would you legalize something that is MADE to break one of the most obvious moral crime.

Ya realize this dude was a patsy. Picked him out, gained access to his room, killed him, staged the attack and dipped out. Its all intended to aid in the removal of our rights. Look at this comment section. Its working. They won't ever take them away, they want to create a situation in which we beg to have our rights taken away, idiologicsl subversion through fear.

I love the idea of 22,000 rockets being fired from the crowd at the side of a hotel.

Guns up bitch

Why is it so hard for you to believe some nutter did this?

>If miners die we make laws to make mining safer
>if people die in car accidents we make safer roads and add seatbelts

Literally the answer to mass shootings in the US is: there's nothing that can be done

60+ year old man described as a nice man who sends cookies to his mum with no notable criminal history somehow spends a small fortune on around 20 guns and thousands of rounds. Somehow packs that all up and gets it to Vegas, books the hotel room with the perfect overwatch spot cuz ya know, 60+ year old dudes with no military background know about that shit. Then he engaged targets at 400+ meters killing around 60. Fuck that's way harder to believe than a team broke in, killed him, did the attack, and used him as a patsy to promote gun control. Shit, y'all are doing exactly what I said too, ideological subversion. Ya guys are literally crying to have your rights taken.

Eyewitnesses reported multiple shooters. The concert venue TURNED THE LIGHTS ON THE CROWD turning the attack(s) so that the shooter(s) could better see them. The gates were locked -- 10' high chain link fences kept the victims from fleeing.

Explain any of these things, please.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand mass shootings. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of bullet trajectories most of the rounds will go over a typical victim's head. There's also the shooter's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Elliot Rodger's YouTube videos, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of the suspect, to realize that he's not just funny- he is saying something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike mass shootings truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in the shooter's existencial catchphrase "GOODNIGHT LAS VEGAS," which itself is a cryptic reference to The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as the shooter's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a YOU CANT DODGE THE RODGE tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand..

More support for it being staged by a professional team and using him as a patsy

One of my coworkers wife was in the same hotel when the attack started. Just a few rooms down. When the shooting starter she ran into the hall but the police where already there and told her to go back into her room.

Take it for what you will. Its what she said happened.

hahaha

>Gun violence problem
More people die from heart disease, cancer, cigarettes and alcohol. Government doesn't really care how the heard is thinned out, just as long as it's being thinned. They'll pretend to care about whatever you want but that ain't gonna change the herd being thinned out. Stop watching tv and see reality for what it really is. There are bigger problems then guns.

Probably the most spot on statement here. This would not surprise me the least bit. I mean people fell for 911, this should be a cupcake to get away with. Makes perfect sense

Cigarettes and alcohol
/thread
You know shit about anything with that lack of mentality

all right. ignoring the first point which i'm neither in favor or nor against i can explain the venue turning on the lights as someone who was a stagehand in a theater. there are house lights and show lights. one is always on while the other is off. if the show stops for some reason it's customary to turn up the house lights and the same thing applies to outdoor venues.

the fence is not uncommon at all. every festival i've been to has the same set up to keep people from sneaking in. it's unfortunate in the way it corralled the victims, but that's not the say it was premeditated. however, you can flip that around and say the shooter chose that venue for that very reason. makes sense. thousands of people in a fenced in area with lots of lights, etc. but none of that is proof of a false flag operation.

what IS strange, though, is how the police found explosives in his home yet he didn't use any (as far as i know he didn't plant anything). that seems to always be a component in these mass shootings, more guns and ammo are left behind with explosives.

democrap liberals love to hate white people.
just ask The Racist Journalists of America

Second shooter is the echo people heard. Sounded like two guns firing. People literally never been exposed to a situation like that. They can't make sense of it. Lights on crowd? Maybe looking for the shooter in the crowd. Not much to debate really

Well, lets agree that health issues are a much bigger factor in america then other countries.
So I'll agree, the cheaper way to thin the heard is to let you guys kill eachother,

Still think theres something fundamentally wrong with the whole nation.

There is something fundamentally wrong with the concept of government to begin with, throw in organized religion and the monetary system and you will see the 3 evils in the world that exsist.

I do agree about religion.
We do need some sort of government, too bad they are all corrupted.

I have no issue with Religion, as it can make some people's lives more tolerable, and make some people better people... so long as it is kept as a personal thing, and not forced on me or attempted to be forced on me. Government is sadly needed, and is sadly corrupt, because humans are corrupt. It isn't bad, it isn't good.. it sadly.. just is.. and it will bet his way for all time. There will always be evil people. There will always be greedy people, and power hungry people.