"I Fucking Love Classical Music!"

Why do I get the feeling the vast majority of people, especially the shills anytime art/music is discussed on Sup Forums* or even here at times, pretend to like classical music? It seems only a minority of people earnestly enjoy classical music and music inspired by classical music. When filthy casuals say they "love" classical music, what they really mean is that they'll give it a go if it happens to be on at a given time and place, but almost never pursue it on their own accord. They never learn the evolution of music from each passing era.

Same line of thinking goes into "loving" art or science. As long as it has the cache of being hip, cool and intellectual, the average schmo gloms onto these labels and pretends to be informed. So fucking disingenuous.

*And speaking of Sup Forums and their obsession with "degeneracy," artists and classical composers weren't the paragons of virtue. On the contrary, some were as degenerate as the artists of today. Musicians made outstanding art in spite of their flaws, not because they were morally upstanding people. Mozart routinely mismanaged his finances and happily indulged in scatological humor. In death, he had few mourners and was then dumped into an unmarked grave. The legacy his music enjoys is entirely posthumous because, in life, Mozart was a terminal fuck-up.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XEZXjW_s0Qs
youtube.com/watch?v=pRRtmrjWsPE
youtube.com/watch?v=SMME--ro0vI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't like much music made before my time. I know it sounds like a plebeian thing to say but it all feels very restricted by technology at the time and by specific genres and styles

Music in the current year is great because there's more bands than ever before, music is so accessible and there's so many genres and electronics and sounds to pull from to create something truly unique and amazing. I can only see it getting better as time goes on.

Classical Music is white people garbage

Okay, but still; the classical genre has produced works that make any modern music genre pale in comparison.

Everyone wants to think they are super smart.
"This is what smart people should like, I'm smart so I should like it". Most people who don't actually like it shy away from it eventually I think.

I don't think there's anything wrong with this and I don't really find it bothersome. Personally I prefer music without lyrics, so classical, jazz and VGM are my genres of choice lately.

Yes, you will find lots of people who claim to love classical music while knowing absolutely nothing about it simply because it's considered emblematic of European culture. The same goes for classical European architecture. Pic related

kek wrong pic

Not gonna lie, I wish Lauren Southern would piss on me.

I used to try to be into classical music but I really do lack the attention span. I know there's some great stuff there but I don't think it's worth seeking out when I could be exploring more advanced and developed artists. I still enjoy some entry level shit like Chopin, Cannon in D, and eril satie but it's not a central part of my taste enough to brag about it

Someone shit on this guy for being angry that other people are pretending to like something he is passionate about.
It's only fair because I always get shat on for the same reason.

the way Sup Forums praises european architecture bugs me. All this classical architecture is nothing but the ornamentation. All design before the 20th century was literally nothing but ornamentation. The shapes are boring, the structure uninspired, if you took the ornamentation away from one of those great palaces they would look like a pretentious Villa trying to look greek. Fuck classical architecture.

I think she's a bit overrated but I would still plaster her.

>Music in the current year is great because there's more bands than ever before, music is so accessible and there's so many genres and electronics
This hits all the bullet points for why I dislike modern music.

I would put my penis in her vagina, If you know what i mean

Why does old music feel so much more valuable? Is it just the history behind it? Like there's information and past connections that enrich the experience even if you aren't aware of it. I dunno if I'm just talking out of my ass but modern music feels so disconnected and uninspired like there's nothing to trace back idk

You are thinking modern pop music

Also applies to:

It applies it most rock and metal music as well

what are more advanced and developed artists for you? Genuinely curious

atonality > tonality
Beethoven fans on suicide watch

If you actually love music, you don't restrict yourselves to any specific genre or time period or general style, you try everything, even the stuff everyone says is garbage, because it's not just about how or when or why any of it was made, it's about how enthusiastic you are about the art form, how much you just want to dive into everything there is because you never know where some 10/10 album or piece is waiting that you never saw anyone on Sup Forums or RYM or wherever talk about.

An actual music lover also isn't afraid to like pop music or "normie music" because they don't care about their image to other people, they care about enjoying the musical experience, and they recognize that enjoyment of music is pretty much completely subjective so it is entirely possible to love classical from multiple different centuries, but also love jazz, and trad folk, and rock, and even hip-hop/rap.

the problem with people on Sup Forums is that they are not actually trying to discover music they love, they are trying to very carefully carve out some kind of musical "identity" for themselves--this is how the whole pleb/patrician dichotomy came about in the first place. there IS no pleb or patrician music, there is just music, and you get to decide what you think is good or not.

but cutting yourself off from any music because of any kind of prejudice is ridiculous, especially if it's just something somebody on the internet told you.

youtu.be/XEZXjW_s0Qs
bow down to your master.
Beethoven laid the groundwork to atonality before Schönberg could even spell "diminished fifth"

You're an idiot man. Its sad that you think that way about such beautiful majestic things out of spite for an internet forum.

This is elegance in shape, not some greebly messy huge ass chandelier with lots of golden vines

>atonality > tonality
>he hasn't listened to bach

Sure some architectural feats went into its construction, but aesthetically, the building looks like a soulless glass dildo.

>Thinking music is either one of either

*either one or the other

What did he mean by this?
Bach is great, but Schnittke is better, ya feel me?

Is this actually the state of mu? Wtf is this post? Being mad others like music you admit you're too dumb to appreciate and somehow blaming pol for it?

Lol grow up

>In death, he had few mourners and was then dumped into an unmarked grave

not true btw

This is a myth perpetuated by the film Amadeus, which is largely fictional.

yes, just look at all the soul that went into this intriguing copy paste room design that any 15 year old nerd kid will be able to generate with an off the shelf reinforcement learning algorithm in 5 years.

GrimesCuck is the epitome of a contrarian, this retard wasn't even listening to classical a year ago and now he's posting about Schnittke like he gives a shit.

Politically loaded opinion.

At least reply to my post if you're going to say some stupid shit.

>classical gave birth to jazz
>jazz gave birth to hiphop
You bad boy I'd love to bend you over my knee and give you a good spankin' ;)

The only reason you pretend to listen to classical is because you're scared of being called a waifufag, which is what you are in reality. I mean look at you jerking off over some shitty counterpoint and some small use of dissonance in pop music, get a clue.

Woke, my man.

I hope Grimes gets run over by a truck.

Well, that's not very nice now, is it?

These are the posts of a man that has been thoroughly BTFO

I like classical music. I never sought it out but when I come across it I usually like it.

Hmm...

ok i'l bait.

as a mutard who only knows the most famous classical songs and wishes to find some good classical shit.

where do i start? whats some good entry level compositors?
anyplaylists/ albums that are considered MUST HEAR would be great.

I recommend best of videos on youtube.
Pick any composer and listen through one to see if you like it.
Romanti music is good to get started so Rachmaninoff, Chopin etc.
Just enter random composers names you've heard into youtube + best of.
If you want a specific piece just listen to Bach brandenburg concertos idk

These ones are easy to get into:

youtube.com/watch?v=pRRtmrjWsPE
youtube.com/watch?v=SMME--ro0vI

I love Bach and Schnittke equally

i've never really heard anyone say that they "fucking love classical music" not at least like i have for science (read: all of reddit). i think most people just listen to it to as background music for studying, or if theres a piece used in a film/tv show they like.
tbqh other than 2 or 3 pieces i find it pretty boring -- even as background music when revising. maybe im to much of a brainlet for it though

You just need to get used to it.

I'd recommend the Chopin Nocturnes and Ballades; Liszt's Un Sospiro, Hungarian Rhapsody no. 2., and Liebestraum No. 3; Rachmaninoff's Liebeslied, Elegy; Glinka's The Lark and Viola Concerto; Sergei Lyapunov's Nocturne no/op 8; Saint-saens rondo capriccisso and introduction for violin and orchestra; and Dvorak's 9th symphony.

If you can't find something you like in there, you are objectively a pleb.

>"I fucking love classical music!"
>"My favorite composers? Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Brahms, Schubert, the list goes on..."
>"Oh, from the 20th century? Well, I do like Philip Glass and Steve Reich, and some Stockhausen I guess..."

I think the only reason Sup Forums claims to like classical music is because it's a white people genre.

just troll them with some black and jewish composers and tell them it's the music of the master race next time.

>this guy unironically likes modern classical music

>this guy thinks K-On and Hyouka are worthwhile art but the greatest masterpieces of the 20th century aren't
okay buddy

Don't talk shit about Hyouka again.

Looks nice.

Honestly it's a good anime, or at least Episode 19 was. But it wasn't revolutionary, just a fresh take on Sherlock Holmes.

If people are told something is the best, they'll claim it is even if they can't form real opinions on it.

>tfw spent a lot of this summer slowly wading into classical
>tfw just swamped with music to discover and find new things thanks to the local classical radio station + youtube + looking up records at work daily
>tfw just got a nice box set of Bartok string quartets and am soon setting my eyes on a Messiaen box set
>tfw just heard the first Bach piece i've ever enjoyed
classical is cool once you find what you like—flute heavy stuff isn't for me but real avant garde and early electronic things are exciting. Solo piano is also gorgeous. Ravel's solo piano works get me close to heaven

Yes, alot of people only pretend and they are called "pseuds." They're the kind that won't explore a composer's more obscure works and will only listens to the ones that have become memes. Reddit is also stereotyped with only knowing the basics but pretending they know everything.
Go away. You're not funny. Or if you are being serious look up Scott Joplin's Treemonisha or Isang Yun's stuff.

>tfw discovered my local record store has an Isang Yun album for like 6 bucks
i'm ready

John Adams, Steve Reich and Arvo Part are still making art music in the current year. "Before my time" is not an excuse for being an idiot.

The film is itself based on a Pushkin play that got alot of his life wrong.

it sounds plebian because it is plebian, i thought like you when i was starting listening to music "seriously", in 2009.

Classical music is just for Sup Forumstards nowadays

Wrong. Most of them don't actually listen to classical music and if they do it's only a short piece of Wagner or something. They also misrepresent how some composers like Beethoven were humanitarians.

Mind if I save this? It's great.