ITT: Musicians who only exist to be namedropped

ITT: Musicians who only exist to be namedropped

dj kool herc

Talking about people namedropping is worse than actively namedropping

The Velvet Underground
The Beatles
Death Grips

Actually one of the most revered singers of all time. Man, your mother should have actually dropped you. Go listen to some Brand New or something, you loser.

OP is a faggot

The Beach Boys

truth hurts huh :((((

This guy doesn't get it

Pink Floyd

Captain beefhart
Most jazz

>there are kids on /moo/ who actively think this while thinking they have good taste

Elvis Presley
Buddy Holly
Chuck Berry

everyone likes to say they're influental or whatever, but barely anyone listens to them because they're so dated and average

CCR

Nu-male retards, outdated tunes
Beatles on charts, Death Grips is pleb. mu
Chuck Berry swing dances with boys from the beach
Captain Beefheart diddled scaruffi as a teen

you should be publicly hung and the have your suspended lifeless corpse shot at by a fucking firing squad and then you should be removed from the noose and whatever is left of your body should be gut like a fish and then your entrails should be used to suffocate each of your immediate family members individually as they're forcibly and aggressively restrained

>Musicians OP doesn't listen to because it's not muh classic rock

I listen to all of them at least a few times a month, and Buddy Holly is one of my top 15 favorite artist

>nina simone
>rock

nice

OP has a point
she's namedropped but people like
don't even know what genre she's in

Motherfuckers can't read
>OP doesn't listen to her because she's not rock

Baltimore [CTI, 1978]

Carried along on David Matthews's uncharacteristically infectious arrangement, Simone's version of one of Randy Newman's more perfunctory American-names songs is a glorious fluke on the order of Baez's "Night They Drove Old Dixie Down." I'm glad, though, that it's available as a single, because unlike owner-annotator Creed Taylor I don't find that Simone's "magnificent intensity . . . turns everything--even the most simple, mundane phrase or lyric--into a radiant, poetic message." On the contrary, her penchant for the mundane renders her intensity as bogus as her mannered melismas and pronunciation (move over, Inspector Clouseau) and the rote flatting of her vocal improvisations. There are several good cuts here; the song selection is often inspired (Hurley-Witkins's "The Family," perfect). But a woman who not only avoids coming out with the "bitch" in "Rich Girl" but hobbles the rhythm as well has real problems. B-

A Single Woman [Elektra, 1993] *bomb*

Think about how this guy consciously put four parentheses in his emoticon, to convey mockery while attempting to act like he's just joking around so he can fall back if questioned.

Same, but it's Chuck Berry for me. One Dozen Berries is one of my favorite albums

>projecting this hard
WEW

damn...