When did you first realize University was a meme?

When did you first realize University was a meme?

>Go to College
>Professors are mostly apathetic towards students
>75% of students are serial cheaters and have answers to all the tests anyway
>Graduate with little knowledge or practical skills gained
>Get job purely off of networking skills

when i graduated with a maths degree and starting earning 300k

meme magic is real desu xd

>getting a degree in a rigorous discipline is a meme according to Sup Forums

i guess you should just apply to medical school after high school

FTV girls is the hottest

fuuuugggggg

Thats actually all very true.

>When did you first realize University was a meme?
When I made 76k my first year in a trade and all the guys who had been in for more than 5 years made 6 figures.

i just graduated and got an internship as a systems technician thanks to my BS degree, enjoy working for an agency for minimum wage and unemployment swings every 6 months.

The second I figured out employers won't higher anyone without experience.

who is this semen demon?

As someone who used to work in IT I bet I make more than you.

>going to college
>to be a sys tech
lol

When I dropped out in 11th grade, worked my ass off on my skill for 2-3 years, and then pulled six figured before my old high-school buddies were even out of college.

Attitude is more important than aptitude. And I'd rather have a man with 4 years work experience working for me than a guy with 4 years college any day of the week.

Daria Herman

College thread? Where my fellow boilerfags at?

im 21, starting at $16, full time, met the department looks better than all my previous maintenance jobs at packing houses, didnt have to move to intern its nearby, idc im pretty happy here and im sure no one can work here without a degree

>graduate in medschool
>know nothing at all except for the theory
>get a job at a SUS emergency (SUS is basically the very low end of our "free" healthcare system aimed to slum niggers)
>also start residency at an other slum nigger hospital
>kill a handful of people while actually learning how do be a doctor
>after 12 months doing this I'm finally good enough to treat white people
>haven't killed a single one so far

It worked out alright, I guess

>Brazilian """"""""""education"""""""""""

Sounds pretty efficient brazilbro

>>after 12 months doing this I'm finally good enough to treat white people
kek

Back in high school

>im 21, starting at $16, full time, met the department looks better than all my previous maintenance jobs at packing houses, didnt have to move to intern its nearby, idc im pretty happy here and im sure no one can work here without a degree
I was doing 64k at 19 as a low volt lead before moving into POS and then IT manager by 21. You didn't win by going to college, meanwhile if you spent that time in a trade you'd be making 30+ an hour with all the OT you want. I don't care if you're happy, I just think it's crazy that you honestly think you're winning from a money standpoint.

Even doing easy commercial HVAC I make 33-40 an hour and I'm not that good, residential I make from 22-100+ an hour depending on the day and it's been like that since I got all my tools.

IT is a decent field but you don't need college for most of the occupations in it and college is rarely a good decision fiscally.

Treat this

Ppbbrrrtttttt *smiles*

>75% of students are serial cheaters and have answers to all the tests anyway

i had the answer book to all my physics test problems it was the only way i could pass. Finally got my engineering degree and now 10 years later make over 200k a year have 300k saved up invested in a start up that looks like its going to be bought out by a major gaming company and I'll make a few million dollars. this is my face when that happens. All because I cheated. i leave the technical problems to cucks who think it matters.

winning compared to a lot of guys i grew with, full time doing something I studied for vs working wal mart with arbitrary schedules. in this area i think Im doing really good. Im not saying hurr i got best job out of all of you. But im sure that none of my friends could have gotten a job like this because they didnt go to college and i did.

What skill pal?

% of students are serial cheaters and have answers to all the tests anyway

I could be an asshole and simply make a rhetorical attack, but I'll entertain this, as I'm currently in college: precisely what methods are being commonly used to cheat? Because every test I've taken has a teacher in the room eyeing everyone like a hawk, and today they use multiple variations of tests passed to all rows so that it's impossible to cheat on the person adjacent (usually 4-5 different variations of the test, which you must mark "Test A-D(or E)" on your scantrons so they use the correct grading key.

If you're talking about writing papers for liberal arts classes, those are not actual tests of critical thinking, but mere compliance tests. I've had teachers fail me on the basis of pushing my politics, when the base topic was feminism, which is a political topic to start with. I disagreed with it, gave concrete examples of what I believed were ramifications, the actual changes which I believed happened in society due to it, and was accused of "pushing my politics", whereas other students who fellated feminism as genuine progress were given A's with shit writing.

As I said, most of it is a compliance test in liberal arts, but for STEM and scantrons, and math and whatnot, I can't imagine where the possibility for cheating exists. Even math exams in the most shit-tier colleges now are done on computers, where typically logs are created of any sites visited and/or the teacher has a multi-window view of screen captures to show if anyone is going to some sort of calculator site.

I would cum so deep and hard in that.

>wearing that shit in a public place

pretty degenerate desu,

I wonder what her butthole smells like?

I'm a teacher, and I work really hard to prevent cheating, but I cannot say so for my peers.
Sometimes I have to proctor their exams and their students are in a world of butthurt because suddenly someone is stopping them from cheating

Probably dick.

>hurr im a plumber and i make $1,000 an hour durr

its so great being an idiot, but at least you make $30 an hour

What are the hardest forms of cheating to detect?

well, this is the issue isn't it. kids are still being raised on the whole 'get a degree you'll be set' idea that the boomers were raised with, because when the boomers when the boomers were young it was true. few people had degrees, if you had one you stood well out from the crowd. now the ecnomony is different, education is different, everything is different. basically, don't get a degree just because, get one because you are intending to work in the field that you are studying. otherwise you're wasting time and money on a glorified wall-hanging.

I don't know how the college system works in Canada, but in the American South we have influential sororities and fraternities. Over time these groups gather and retain tests from teachers and distribute them to members to give each other a leg up. Nobody says anything because their parents donate lots of money to the schools and professors know the kids are too stupid to pass their test without cheating.

It's institutionalized basically.

I know accountants and engineers who graduate solely because they were in frats and had test banks.

smell your own

As to how that system works?

Google Drive.

Literally they have accounts where 500
members have access to test banks via the cloud.

Source: Me having seen it. Classes categorized in folders by teachers and subjects - almost every major class in the business and engineering college.

OP is a sex counselor whatever the fuck that means. I'd like her to counsel me on fucking.

I'm just shitposting from Toronto on vacation, I'm from NY, and go to college there.

The teachers have standard policy now to collect the tests and scantrons during the class session; you can't leave with it. They flat out explain it's to prevent this.

>born too late to get away with this shit
>born too soon to cheat with some contact lenses giving me all the fucking answers linked to my smartphone

The ones I don't catch and am ignorant of.
People who go to the bathroom in the middle of a test and try to sneak their phone in with them
This is why I never let students keep or photograph tests, no mater how many dubs they have

typical young white male in Aus here...
I'm an electrician, finished my apprenticeship in 2013.
made 50k in 2014, 30k in 2015, 15k in 2016.

Unemployemnt in this country in fucked.
Currently enrolled for uni because fuck struggling to get work the rest of my life.

When I did a Diploma in two days and have the potential to make 300k in a few years with 100k being the normal minimum for any idiot in the industry.

howd you get them killed?

Hm? What trade?

Most teachers don't change their test up drastically year to year because they don't care. Also frats don't just share their tests obviously, they share their notes too which have essentially been distilled down to answer what's in the tests. Now is copying notes cheating? Certainly not, but it's not intellectually honest and something you would associate with higher Ed.

If I were an employer, it would lead me to believe that these students are no mot better prepared to enter the workforce than a high schooler fresh out of graduation.

Most teachers here hand tests back to students at some point if they would like to review the material for a final.

So they edit the notes after they take the test to create a record of what was on it for future brothers?
Pretty sneaky. Most of my tests have at least 30% new questions, but I realize I need to work harder on this
Thanks for the info.

>winning compared to a lot of guys i grew with, full time doing something I studied for vs working wal mart with arbitrary schedules. in this area i think Im doing really good. Im not saying hurr i got best job out of all of you. But im sure that none of my friends could have gotten a job like this because they didnt go to college and i did.
Weird that I never went to college and shit on everybody. Even in IT half the companies I worked for just had me travel and I never went to a main office because it was often in a different state. A loser will be a loser whether he goes to college or not.

Sorry that what I do now holds more economic value than being Network admin #92889239293289. Unless you're in a front facing consultation or sales role in IT you're not making much.

The secret one that pays copious sums of money as long as you can sell or are technically skilled.

>I'm a teacher

Have you ever fucked a student? (if yes, are you m or f?)
And do you think your colleagues fuck students?

I just want to know if it's possible that I can nail my hot English teacher who not only initiated an email dialogue with me outside of class, but also initiated conversation which seemed flirtatious on more than one occasion.

I'd appreciate advice on the best place to fuck teachers as well. I assume they prefer to fuck in their office due to the risky nature of possibly ending up a national scandal.

When I joined the Navy at 16, did my 20 retired at 36, stayed in the reserves, now I am a fireman, city I am in gives you credit for time in the military, I work for 5 years with my entire paycheck going to retirement and I can retire at 90% of salary at 41, then I will move over to a nice Park Ranger job where veterans get first dibs and my military time is credited again, having a great time, thanks for your taxes

a lot of universities have previous tests and exams archieved at their libraries. lecturers will use exam questions as worked examples. this is pretty standard throughout the world and doesn't necessarily make STEM subjects any easier, as you learn when you do a STEM degree, because the questions still vary over the years and the subject matter isn't necessarily understood by the student to begin with.

a very large part of undergrad is memory retention, because you're not doing original research and you have to have a basic level of previously-discovered knowledge to proceed. but you can't retain this stuff in memory unless you go through the process of solving the question time and time and time again, and learn all the non-standard quirks and traps until you can recognise them in an exam situation under stress. worked examples are an extremely usefull teaching tool, especially in more complex problems, because the student can use them to determine what they're doing wrong and what they're doing right. otherwise they're pretty much fucked actually, it's like trying to get someone who can use a power saw to make a regency oak cabinet.

Bleach.

I got a degree in computer science, I realized university was a meme when literally no employer, from shitty banks on the east coast all the way up to silicon valley, asked me to show my grades or even prove that I had attended the school on my resume...

So in Brazil resident doctors practice on slum dwellers until they're good enough to treat people worth the effort? I guess that's a good way to work the kinks out.

>graduate from well-regarded state school with 3.6 and bsc in accounting
>no internships, shitty recommendations because garbage social skills
>now work 70 hour weeks for $350 and pay 20% taxes
t-thanks college
i just wish there was a sign that said NORMIES ONLY, GET OUT AUTISTS
would have saved me 20k in debt

teaching hospitals are a common thing eveywhere. i guess in brazil they don't bother with supervision or the teaching part of it so much, they just give students a powerdrill and let them loose.

College is a fucking meme. Do not go. The sooner these liberal hellholes burn into insolvency the better.

Really? I'm doing HVAC and work for a small company and he seems to be doing alright

India

When I started listing qualifications from universities I never attended.

Just don't put Harvard/oOxford/Cambridge etc and no one will think twice.

Yeah, but concentrating the teaching hospitals in the favelas is ingenious, in a cold and twisted sort of way.

on my CV ofc.

>HVAC
Residential or commercial?

Install, service, or sales?

What you guys make over there?

A big problem here is our overhead and 5 year shops fucking up everyone's reputation. Just getting into overhead I can't tell you how many times I had to lie to sell (break even for the company) on what was actually a callback because some retarded sales tech fucked something up.

Lol yeah except you work 60+ hours a week. You have no life. I've done that shit before, it fucking sucks.

Yes, m
But not a student currently enrolled in a class I was teaching, not that they haven't tried
I've caught someone cheating who tried to fuck their way out of it too

And I get payed for each and every hour.

You do similar hours in any worthwhile career.

Sounds like you know the deal though and a lot of guys burn out, too bad there's a million and a half shops that will let you cut hours now days.

it wouldn't be if they were properly resourced, which i suspect is the problem. because if they were so then there would be no difference between that and a western teaching hospital that services everyone.

also it would be a great place for trauma surgeons, because i bet a lot of what is coming through the doors would be gunshot wounds.

Just imagine, in a libertarian society, they'd have blowjobs for extra credit.

Honestly, many students would do it.
Especially pre-meds of both genders.
They're usually scum

They already do that though.

>I disagreed with it, gave concrete examples of what I believed were ramifications, the actual changes which I believed happened in society due to it
That's not how a college paper is supposed to fucking work, you retard. Nobody cares what you think. They care what you can support with academic research.

Kill yourself.

yeah man.
Every single employment agency has nothing.
Like 3 jobs going in the whole of QLD.

every job on seek is just data mining cunts who have no intention of actually hiring.

>Live in central WA
>Sparky started advertising for an apprentice
>Got in the paper because he got 300 applicants in a day, mostly Miners who no longer have jobs

It's pretty fucked.

>university
why the fuck are you calling it that?

or are you a euro proxy?

we don't say that here in the states.....

that's excatly me mate.

Sparkies applying for apprentice jobs?
you know it's rough when that happens.

I swear I've drawn so many short straws in my time.
>Leave school in the depth of GFC, get an apprenticeship because of 'trade shortage', when electricians were naming their price.

>Finish trade and jump onto the very tail end of the mining boom.
>sacked
>forever unemployed after
>too proud for centrelink bucks

it's really starting to affect me socially.
I don't even feel like an adult anymore.

You know you can actually get a job if you pick a good major right?

literal college masterrace

This

More like
>>Go to College
>>Professors are mostly apathetic towards students
>>Graduate with little knowledge or practical skills gained
>Get into medical school
>250k in an area with no niggers

It's more like:
>Go to college
>Students are mostly apathetic towards their studies
>75% of students are idiots, chronically intoxicated, or serial cheaters
>Who gives a shit
>Graduate and get a job because I'm not an idiot

Got my six-figure software engineering job right out of college after doing a couple of summer internships with the same company which recruited me after I turned in a resume at the campus career fair, following the advice of another student who had just finished an internship before we met in fall semester.
Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Goddamn.

dikehoff you better get off my board

>Get job purely off of networking skills

That's not tr......damn, it actually is. If it weren't for all the part-time jobbing I did during college, I would have never gotten a place in my new work. I would have earned way less, yes. But College didn't taught me anything relevant.

Actually, you're wrong, and haven't looked at peer-reviewed scholarly sources in academic databases lately: they're full of the most banal "muh feels" bullshit with zero reasoning.

>kill yourself

Spotted the liberal arts major.

yea ok faggot

>When did you first realize University was a meme?
Before going there.
Now I have plenty of money.

STEM papers are not "feelsy" shit

you can't interject any of that feelsy shit into your papers because its not objective at all

When I was about 15 or so. However, my parents obviously weren't going to let me skip college so here I am. I don't cheat. I taught myself everything I needed for my majors in high school / freshman year. So now, I am sort of just waiting for it to be over. rip.

tark livin boilerfag right here

college is what you make of it. and so is life. so quit complaining and make something out of yourself.

Did they do a background check on you? That's how they usually check for your degrees.

>went to university
>go to mandatory sexual assault prevention training
>guys spewing the same bullshit statistics, talks about how he was "raped" and stalked by someone, talks about how people comes to him after his talks to thank him or whatever
>the whole thing is exactly what you'd expect, excusing women's poor decisions, explaining how women simultaneously are in control of everything yet have the responsibility of children
What was strangest to me is that most of the audience were faculty.

Just become a professional student.
I bombed at my first degree, went for chemistry and had such a horrible gpa. I did a lot better when I went back for physics, but I basically just broke even. I'm going back again for my B.Eng. in mech engineering though and this time I should actually see a net profit of about $20-$30k after. Plus I live tax free since tuition gives a large amount of tax credits so it's not like I'm racing against the clock and I'm not living in poverty or anything. Maybe I'm not rich, but I'm certainly not poor, and the more degrees you get the easier it is to rack up grants and scholarships. Eventually when I go for graduate degrees it should be even easier to rack up profits.

This isn't addressed enough. After college I can't fucking trust anyone with a high GPA and it's funny how companies don't give a fuck what your degree was actually in, only what the GPA was. Well you can fucking cheat for that. What's to say the person with a higher GPA didn't just cheat their way through, that they were popping pills and getting the tests from their frat bodies?

The person with the lower GPA is at least honest. People don't lie about making a lower grade but people sure as fuck lie and cheat about a better grade.

>taking mandatory class for summer
>group project
>classmate tells me how she cheats through her classes
>just copies old assignments and gets 100%
>fails midterms and finals
>comes out with a C
>Women in engineering for you

>didn't cheat
>worked hard
>got good job
>wasn't happy with good job and went to medical school
>currently making waaaaay over >200k per year

College worked out alright for me.

STEM is different.

The post we were discussing was talking about English classes pushing feminism, and when they tell you to write papers for that shit with scholarly sources, it's a feels-fest masquerading as objectivity and linear progress.

>decide to at least do community college
>jump through ridiculous hoops of fire to get all the paperwork and federal loans
>niggers from $100k/year homes getting pel grants and buying frivolous shit
>instructors don't give a fuck if you pass or not unless you have a vagina
>parking sucks, students get things stolen out of their cars daily
>feminazi sociology teacher with a hard on for white males
>attempt to transfer to 4 year college
>4 year college wants everything short of dna samples from my immediate family
>spend a month getting all the paperwork together
>college says they never receive it

That's when I said fuck it. Now I'm a systems administrator making $55k a year (rural public sector) with my shitty associates degree. There is no proof that having a bachelors degree would have put me in a better position. Why risk going into 4x as much debt and dealing with a bureaucracy worse than the DMV.