Let regular citizens keep only handguns/shotguns that take time to reload after no more than 15 rounds, e.g. Sig Sauer

>let regular citizens keep only handguns/shotguns that take time to reload after no more than 15 rounds, e.g. Sig Sauer
>make possession of anything that can be converted to automatic illegal and punishable by years in prison (except for law enforcement and other necessary exceptions)
>citizens get to keep their guns
>we only have to worry about a few dozen hurt/killed worst case scenario when someone goes on a spree, instead of hundreds hurt/killed

Anons that are more educated on this topic, please tell me why this is a bad idea/is not practical. I'm not looking to argue; I freely admit I know next to nothing about guns/gun control other than the basics and I'm trying to figure out why my seemingly common-sense solution isn't a good or practical one

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S3gNIlNva6M
youtube.com/watch?v=zxslOcJ9M3s
youtube.com/watch?v=OuX-nFmL0II
youtube.com/watch?v=zUbMPYUFr94
twitter.com/AnonBabble

can convert a shotgun to take a 50 round mag. can keep my shotgun still?

and they say trump is hitler

OP here...is this actually possible?

If so, how easy is it? Can the average faggot just google and do it himself? Are the parts required to do it easy to legally obtain or would he have to go black market?

niggers kill each other everyday and you don't say a word..
but some white guy goes crazy and you fucking act like you have the solution to all our problems.

making guns - any type of guns - illegal to own or purchase does not stop people like this nutcase from buying and using them. It's not like they'll stop being manufactured or will magically disappear and be unobtainable.

That said, this fucking nut had over 47 guns. What the fuck.

>Buff Egan

dawg, if you get popped and are found with one of those in your possession, you go to prison for a mandatory minimum life sentence. dawwwg.. they commit one crime with a firearm, get caught, go to prison forever, and are basically never heard from again. dawwwwwwwwg..

Ok good to know your knowledge of firearms is literally 0

What the fuck is the point of this? Most handguns accept 30 and 50 round magazines. Not to mention handguns make up 97 percent of homocide so you're not changing that much.

>solution to all our problems
I'm pretty sure OP is talking about a solution to the specific problem of epic mass shootings, that is facilitated by how easy it is to acquire automatic weapons in the USA.

We banned machine guns here in Australia, and of course things aren't perfect, but it's worth noting that we don't have to deal with this sort of bullshit.

The general idea isn't to stop loons from going on a spree. No one can prevent that unless Minority Report gets to be a real thing.

The difference-maker is what type of weapon the average person readily has access to (how many rounds it can fire/reload time), and how far the average person is willing to go/how big of a risk they're willing to take (prison time) to get a more powerful but very illegal weapon in their possession

The difference literally saves lives. It doesn't keep people from getting killed, but it saves OTHER lives

He killed people....that's illegal and it didn't stop him, you think bullshit laws will stop someone from doing soemthing illegal ? You're retarded if you think laws do anything other than inconvenience a criminal from commiting a crime

What you have described is basically where the law already stands. You can see how well it's working.

>inconvenience a criminal from commiting a crime
and that gives the police more time and opportunities to catch a criminal before they become a mass murderer.
Why would you want it to be convenient for somebody to commit this sort of crime?

Laws in general are nothing more than inconvenient to a person who wants to commit a crime, we're not making it easier by not having a law. Laws are only there for people that want to obey them , they're meaningless if you don't care

It is, except that "bump stocks" provide a loophole.

If you own stock in the companies that makes those, you might want to unload.

Fuck off, betafag. Your family will pry my guns from my cold dead hands. Which won't be as cold as yours.

>You're retarded if you think laws do anything other than inconvenience a criminal from commiting a crime
Jesus Christ, that's the whole point you assturd
Let's say you're a weedhead, and the law says possession of a gram of weed got you a week in jail max each time you got caught with it. Would you still blaze up?
Yes?
Okay.
Now let's say the law says each time you got caught with a gram, you get 10 years in prison. Would you still blaze?
Still yes? Because your weed connect is secure and you just won't get caught?
Okay. Good for you. But be honest now. Whoever says "yes" to a risk of 10 years over some grass, most definitely had to hesitate/think about it first; something they would not bother to do over a 1-week risk. And I guarantee you a lot more people would answer "no" to a 10-year risk than the ones who would say "no" to a 1-week risk.
Laws don't stop crime, but they do make a difference in terms how how likely it is that a crime will be committed. Not a consistent difference, but a difference nonetheless

Honestly I give him credit for admitting he knows nothing about it and humbly asking to be educated on it

Most faggots on here start threads with an arrogant attitude and very limited knowledge on the topic, then when they get BTFO'ed by intelligent arguments they either abandon thread or go into "LOL I TROL YOU" mode

If you knew how this works you wouldnt do this.
I guarantee they spike sharply in the next month, then level out again.

>make possession of anything that can be converted to automatic illegal and punishable by years in prison

Any AR-15 can be. Impossible.

Listen to this OP. Don't respond to this situation with emotion. It sucks and it's horrible but if you think guns are the problem then focus on handguns. But guns aren't the problem.

This is partially correct. There will be a spike now. There will be another spike after legislation passes banning them. Then there will be a decline as we get closer to the date of the new legislation taking effect.

The issue with US and gun is not a law problem. France and Switzerland are not much more restrictive, just a bit more paperworks but you can basically own the same shit.

It's a culture problem. You guys have an issue with seeing sex or nipple but somehow death to people who disagree with you or enter your property is completely acceptable.

You can put law as much as you want, it wont change shit. Laws adapt to the culture, barely the opposite. You can see how well the prohibition or the war on drugs went.

American have the mentality of the Muslims killers.

Jesus Christ Americans are so far up their own fucking ass it's unbelievable.

Yes there are people who have no intentions of following the law. That's why we have a 'justice system' (which I know is far from perfect) as a means of:
-removing the lawless from society (and rehabilitating, but again I know it's a flawed system)
-punishing those who don't follow the law to deter others.
-preventing more harm to innocent civilians.

The last point is why we have laws that are designed to make it a crime to be planning to commit a worse crime. That's why a death threat is illegal. We don't just wait until the person becomes a murderer - the system is designed to try and prevent a murder from happening.

If somebody with no criminal connections was trying to organise a lone gunman type attack here in Australia, they wouldn't be able to acquire that level of weaponry. And if they were attempting to, there's ample opportunity for them to draw attention from police, as it would take time and they'd be attempting to buy from multiple small time weapons dealers. Somebody attempting this in Australia would be caught long before they had enough weapons, or they'd go postal with a few guns and kill a handful of people as apposed to dozens.

So do you see how the law can work to prevent (or at least reduce the death toll from) these sorts of crimes IF there are laws in place to make that possible? You get that right?

No because america fuck you, i luv my guns ^-^

How about no, fag?

I can't wait for this to pass. The criminals will surely follow it.

Then make AR-15s illegal and punishable by many years in prison for just being in possession of one

Why in the world would a private citizen need anything more than a few 9mm pistols and a pump action shotgun?

>get in a large truck and mow down 50+ people anyway

Proof that there was more than one shooter...

youtube.com/watch?v=S3gNIlNva6M

listen to gunfire at the beginning of the vid...
sounds like the shooter is nearby and that the gunfire echoes seconds later...

>but then...

at 45 seconds the first gunfire heard sounds like the original echo... but the person recording even says that it sounds like the gunfire is further away...

>but then...

new gunfire is heard nearby...

Government covering up an ISIS attack...

Because america, also theres a shit ton of cool guns so why the fuck wouldnt i want to own more than a pistol

youtube.com/watch?v=zxslOcJ9M3s

>Government covering up an ISIS attack

Please be troll

Why would Trump's government cover up an ISIS attack

So you want to confiscate the tens of millions of AR 15s in circulation? I thought no one was coming for our guns?

And since when has need ever had anything to do with it?

>France and Switzerland are not much more restrictive
We can not buy weapons like we buy bread at the bakery.

well all the guns used in the shooting were obtained by illegal means so the laws wont change shit, think the shooter was proving a point that just because guns are legal doesn't mean that those gun will be used for evil purposes

Neither you can in the US.

You have to do more controls and declare intent, but what you can actually own is pretty much the same.

Why the fuck did you have to associate Chris Jericho with this old faggot

>theres a shit ton of cool guns so why the fuck wouldnt i want to own more than a pistol
because death? there's a lot of other cool shit in the world, why do you need a machine designed for so much destruction in your home?

You people are insane and you killed Lionel Hutz, so fuck all of you, I'm out.

youtube.com/watch?v=OuX-nFmL0II

You have to have a background check at the bread store to buy bread?

apparently he had cameras in the room to record him shooting people is anyone able to post the videos?

my murder truck of peace

Because Trump wants to be able to claim that terrorist attacks are down during his presidency?

Are you fucking serious kid? His imposed sanctions and tightening of homeland security and the travel ban, etc...

Please be a troll

No but you have to go into a database every time you buy pseudoephedrine

only if i want pumpernickel

I'm sorry, I missed the part in the that video where he converted it to take .50

kek yes if you ar fat.

Not one of those is full auto or even capable of being converted to full. Irony. Ones a god damned pump shotgun.

>buy and/or make 50 round mag
>insert into gun

No they weren't all were legal weapons. OP learn to distinguish between automatic and fully-automatic. Automatic = pull trigger get one shot where you don't have to do something between trigger pulls such as bolt or pump action. fully automatic hold down trigger more than one bullet is fired in succession. Anti-gun people always talk about legal automatic weapons as if they are the currently illegal fully-automatic weapons.

B-b-but OP the reason for the first amendment is to oppose a tyrannical and rogue government through a militia force. In modern times, how would the people be able to successfully resist tyranny without assault rifles?

The question of gun control in America is also a question of redefining the constitution of you freedom fucks. I don't see America being willing to do that, arrogant pricks.

Actually he legally bought all of them.

takes a white guy to show niggers how its done

Receiver...

machine guns are banned in the US since 1986. the few that are here fetch 5 digit prices and have to be registered with the ATF and a transfer tax of 250 dollars paid, including fingerprints and photo ID. the idea that these are freely available in the US is just wrong. period.

>source: my ass

lol are you retarded? You'd have to insert each round into a shell casing and single load them.

Do you need a background check to buy a gun at a gun show? or in a private sale?

Source FBI. He went around buying guns from all the local gun shops. All of them. And he didn’t illegally convert them. He used 2 bump stocks.

Haha, my bad. I thought user was saying he could put a mag of .50 cal maybe i am the retarded today

Please tell me what increased background checks are necessary in addition to what's in place now that will catch mass shooters? What could you possibly ask of a person with a clean record who could still one day go apeshit on a crowd? Because I'm having a "failure of imagination", as the intelligence agencies said about 9/11.

The second amendment is a doomsday provision. I right brandished to citizens when all of their other rights have failed. The second amendment exists soley to fight off a tyranical and oppresive government and that is never going to happen if the citizens are only aloud little pea shooter guns.
Yea there will always be killings with guns due to this. But taking away guns does not stop mass killings. Mass killings can just as easily be done with bombs and take far more lives.
If people want to do it they are going to do it. I'm not willing to sacrifice my ability to defend myself and my rights in order to prevent these mass shootings.
Yea the mass shootings are tragic but they are the lessor of two evils.
You may so to yourself that an american government would never become tyrannical and oppresive. Do you know why you feel that way. Because the american government would never try to be that way... as long as it's citizens have guns.
The loss of guns comes first. The tyrannical government comes later because it knows it can get away with it.
It may not happen this year or wven this decade or the next. But it will come. especially at the hands of liberals if thwy get in charge again. They are militant retards who will stop at nothing to push lies and propaganda to further a political agenda. I wouldn't put killing citizens who disagree with them past them for a fucking second if they knew they could get away with it.
Fuck that shit.
TL;DR?
>You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead lifeless body.

At least in california, any firearm exchange needs to be done through a licensed dealer, even from a private sale. Then you go through a background check. So yes.

Yes, actually you do have to get a background check at a gun show. Theres absolutely no such thing as the "gun show loophole". If you had ever been to a fucking gun show you'd know that.

If Sandy Hook wasn't enough to spur a change, then this isn't even going to come close.Especially with a Republican in the White House.
Sorry America , you are fucked.

>aloud
Allowed
STOPPED READING

Bought my pistol at a gun show. Can confirm was background checked in full.

Gun show yes if buying from a licensed dealer, which 90% of sellers ate one are.

Private sale, no in most states. But why should I have to get permission from the governmnent to do what I want with my own property?
It's already illegal for criminals to buy guns anyway.

He went around and bought 42 guns and did not appear in a single watch list of any authority in the nation? Where exactly did you read this information?

My driving instructor said a car will be the most expensive weapon I ever own.

Not true. You can buy one in the parking lot without anything more than showing your license. Same with buying one at say a steam show in Missouri with cash.

Which btw you can do youtube.com/watch?v=zUbMPYUFr94

A 12 gauge is actually .65 caliber

Checkmate atheists

Good
Kill yourself

I have a better idea; how about everyone, and i mean everyone. everyone, alright you listening?

ok so listen everyone heres my idea

everyone just fucking

everyone, all of you...

every

fucking

one

everyone just fucking

everyone just fucking kill your self

Why?

It's "necessary for the security of a FREE state." We're governed by consent in this country. You know how everyone talks about how big our military is? There are more registered gun owners just in the state of California than active duty and reserves US military. The American people are the source of America's strength. Not it's government.

Guise, I got it!
>we'll just make new legislation exactly like the old legislation that did nothing to address the actual problems inherent of the issue and was wholly ineffective!!
>But hey, at least we'll have traded Liberty for a false sense of security, and that's always a kewl thing, right?

Fool...

55/5000
how he brought 23 weapons into a hotel room ?

>Anti-gun people always talk about legal automatic weapons as if they are the currently illegal fully-automatic weapons.
>machine guns are banned in the US since 1986

didn't shooter convert his legal automatic weapons into fully automatic weapons with a cheap attachement you can buy on ebay?

It seems fucked up that somebody can legally buy these guns and easily modify them into fully automatic machine guns.

>mandatory minimum life sentence
is this b8? you do get in a shitload of felony trouble for having black market firearms but it's not a mandatory life sentence you faggot.

Look at europe... take away the guns and they'll just use trucks (lorries in britard), or have uncle Hassan whip up a good old fashioned home-cooked bomb...

blame the spergs who spree kill, not the tool they use you bunch of retarded sheeple

did you get some bread while you were at it?

>people dying>>>not having any gun i want
>doomsday is definitely gonna come and i will need all the guns
>gunnuts in a nutshell

Look Aussie/Brit, we're a warlike people who divided a century ago. The hippie half are easily swayed by MSM nonsense and would march to the death camps willingly. The gun nut half are easily swayed by religious/traditionalist nonsense but at least have a subconscious distrust of the govt--rightly so.

he amassed them over the course of 20years, why would he end up on a list.
This is america you can buy pretty much anything, now if he bought them all in the course of a year he'd probably be watched

I stand by what i said.
If all you can respond with is ad hominem fallcies then you'll never get your little legislation passed my faggot friend.

It's literally a piece of plastic you attach to the gun.

You can't legislate away innovation and technology. You can 3D print one easily. Good luck banning them.

It’s not cheap. One of the two was a 300 dollar one from a cabelas. Slide Fire brand.

>>make possession of anything that can be converted to automatic illegal and punishable by years in prison
why not make anything that can be converted straight up banned and make the punishment a fuckload longer than 1 year? Would be much more effective. Regulation, restriction and punishment increases. Easy, but I agree on everything else,

>why would he end up on a list.
Because he owns 42 guns? Please link me to where you read this information.

"There's no way to prevent this" -says the only country where this happens regularly

omg why are americans so fucking retarded

Easier solution:
>end drug war
>help the impoverished
>actually put money into healthcare including mental healthcare.

This will solve 90-95ish% of your deaths by firearms. Mass shootings might be helped by not posting the cunt's name and face everywhere as an inspiration to others, but mass shootings are sadly a consequence of having free access to firearms.

But what I've just suggested will solve the problem without taking any guns away or restricting them.

Goddamn that just made my dick hard....