Guardiola to overhaul squad and replace up to 18 playerd

theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/16/pep-guardiola-manchester-city-clearout-18-players

He's a genuine genius. It's not like his match tactics against Monaco were hot garbage, it's the players.

true genius. next year he can blame the failure on the new players not adapting yet.

>spend £500m
>get exposed
>spend £1bn

truly a managerial genius

About time they spent some money.

Wasn't Iheanacho the next big thing?

>can't finish above spurs
>buy spurs

Literally kek

literally loling out loud at all the plebians that can't even begin to comprehend Pep's genius

>Get rid of Zabaleta, Navas, Toure, Sagna, Clichy, Aguero, Nasri, Hart, Iheanacho, Fernando, Kompany, etc

>Bring in a couple of generic overrated pacebabby wingbacks, an overrated meme CB from 2013, and an overrated moody Chilean who magically disappears in big games

These are Harry Redknapp-tier transfers.
If Pep was British, he'd be mocked and hounded out of football.

Is Laporte good enough to prop up Stones in a back two?

Seems like they ought to buy a finished article like Bonucci rather than another youngster

No way Spurs sells both Walker and Rose at the same time

I'm dying here
I thought it would be funny to see pep flounder and fail, but I never could have imagined it would go this spectacularly wrong

i-i-i-i-t's n-n-not me its u

what a weasel

>need a new squad
>get kicked out of cl after a 5-3 advantage
>get new squad
7d interestellar mahjong

to be fair, they lack a good finisher

>to be fair, they lack a good finisher

Aguero and Jesus are two of the most clinical strikers in the league

The article only says that he's going to upgrade his defence and get rid of some dead wood. He's not actually changing the whole starting eleven

He needs a new GK, 2 new FBs, at least 1 new CB, at least 2 new midfielders, and probably at least 1 new striker.

He's basically changing the whole team.

will he get rid of gündogan?

i hope not, but he should've known that that guy is perma-injured

he worked 3 years in the bundesliga ffs

>at least 2 new midfielders

Silva and De Bruyne aren't being replaced any time soon. At most he'll buy a DM who can bump Fernandinho to the bench

Btw I think Keita from Leipzig would be a good signing for that role

He also doesn't need a new starting striker

His contract runs until 2020, and unless someone comes in to buy him (unlikely since he is going to be injured until the summer) then he's staying.

>tfw too intelligent for the prem/CL
>tfw no messi to bale poop out

Bayern wants Keita too, since Thiago may go back to Barcelona

>Bayern already planning to thin out Leipzig.

Fascinating.

gündogan has not managed to play one single season in his professional career without missing at least 2 months due to injury, not even kidding

gündogan could right now be unironically known as one of the world's best midfielders, but he just is made out of glass

what a tragedy of a career and wasted talent really

jesus looked good until the injury

aguero is simply not enough when compared to other top teams, and he tends to go to shit in big games

Keita is easily one of the hottest kids, everyone wants him

>since Thiago may go back to Barcelona
is there any truth to this?

Iniesta is old so there's a spot for him

Which cb that aren't memes and are better than stones and otamendi would move to city right now? The good ones are already taken by better teams.

If only he had the best midfield players in the doing all the work for him instead of Fernando and Kevin De only good in 10 matches a season.

AL MEU VOLTANT HI HA CARES FAMILIARS

Buy & Earn Munich ;^)

Bayerns wants to extend his contract and Thiago said he feels well in Munich and basically promised that he won't go to England (delusional Arsenal thought they could get him lel), but he hesitates to sign it because apparently he's waiting for Barca to make a move.

If Barca doesn't do anything, he will stay at Bayern for many years to come, but if Barca will try to get him, they probably will get him.

>but if Barca will try to get him, they probably will get him
interdasting, barcelona does need a more creative midfielder, does he have any release clause?

well they obviously need some quality in that midfield and you know how barca and real like to yank back their "products"

expect bellerin as well

Not sure.

His contract is up in 2019, so Bayern doesn't have to sell him this summer to earn some money.

The most likely scenario is that Thaigo will stay at Bayern next season, Keita stays at Leipzig and then in the 2018 summer Thiago will go back to Barcelona and Keita will go to Bayern to replace him (if he proves that he isn't just a one season wonder)

It's just bullshit rumours from Mundo Deportivo. He's worldclass, not many as good as him with his current form. At least 90 millions initial bid to get into talks.

At least he's not Badstuber.

Bonucci would be a perfect signing but I don't know whether he's available

>expect bellerin as well
hope not

that makes too much sense but barcelona need a midfielder now, not sure if they can wait another year

Aguero is shite

WOW, WHAT AN IDIOT. SELLING 18 (EIGHTEEN) PLAYERS. NO-ONE HAS EVER SOLD THAT AMOUNT OF PLAYERS IN A SUMMER BEFORE. WHAT A TOTAL IDIOT HE MUST BE. IDIOT.

Bayern have a really good hand atm, they can effectively taunt Barca with Thiago for 2 years, by which time he may have lost a yard or two of pace and Renato Sanches may have fully matured.

>that disgusting leftist rag the guardian is reduce to begging for money
good riddance

reduced*

Sanches is more of a Vidal replacement than a Thiago replacement.