Tfw you will never be in a band

>tfw you will never be in a band
>tfw you will never write music that doesn't suck

i want to die.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gkqZSZjSU7w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Its so easy to get started writing music yourself. Get a shitty DAW for kinda cheap or just torrent one and start practicing. Only write music to try and please yourself, dont try and please anyone else. I believe in you user :)

What kind of music do you want to make?

If that so, the you'll end up writing pleb music no more great than Toad the Wet Sprocket I guess

I have logic, but have no way to record my instrument (guitar) on it just yet. i'm also broke so this makes things difficult. i can't even write well, so it's hard to come up with ideas. if i do get lucky, i can never complete the idea.

i don't even know man. i've been playing guitar for half of my life at this point, so something involving the guitar for sure

i just want to create something, and i can't. it's always contrived and awful

anyone ever hear a song so good that it makes you feel like shit because you'll never write something even remotely close to that level?

guess it's just me then

nice dubs

you too

you were close to dubs my man

>ywn be a successful composer

you can get a pretty cheap audio interface for around $90, which is a little high but not a bad investment considering you'll use it all the time. I find the best way to completing ideas is to just force it out. Even if it sounds like utter trash, just finish a song. Every song will get better, it just takes practice and perserverance.

My method of writing is to demo as many songs as I can. I'll work on a demo until I get stuck then start another. Then I go back the next day and work on my favorite demos and try stuff until one finally clicks.

I was thinking about getting an apogee duet but they're like $500 lmao

I had a very bad experience with a scarlett 2i2 so i don't know if i want to buy a cheap interface baka

Damn, I've had the opposite experience, my scarlet 2i2 works great for me so far. Just keep writing and have fun. I think a lot of people go into the mindset of writing music as an intensely serious thing, which it can be, but sometimes music needs to be fun too. If you aren't getting any pleasure from writing, try and change things up and make it fun

couldn't get the 2i2 to stop clipping. it was awful. considering the 2i4 but i think i'd rather save for the duet

what the fuck? I'm not looking for a solution I just need to vent..

op here
no
i want a solution

>have something you want to convey
>figure out the best way to do it is through music
>acquire the ability required to accomplish it
Only logical path to making 'good' music.
Not hard to be in a band, though. Just look around for like-minded people - it's easier now than ever before.

>tfw nothing you want to convey
i just want to make music that sounds good baka

Then you can't write anything good. Find someone who does have something to say and be in their band.
You could always write about your frustration with writing and how bad it is and go full meta with it and have it go unfinished/stop suddenly mid-verse.

Maybe you're just shit senpai

yes i am shit

Just keep practicing, make music for you not for other people.

I've been playing for years. I've just never been good at making my own music.

I actually just came up with a great idea, but it's hard to know where to go. I know it's a process, but I have incredibly low self-esteem. I don't have any way to record guitar either, but I'm trying to remedy that.

I quit at everything I do, so I can't really help you desu. I don't even know how to play an instrument. Get people to help you with your music idea, it's hard to go it alone.

youtube.com/watch?v=gkqZSZjSU7w

oh jeez that mash up sure is terrible. pure liquid diarrhea

Where you at, boy? If you're in Chicago maybe we could jam.

what do you play?

But they tried, user. They weren't afraid to put it out there. You got to put it out there.

Guitar but I want to learn keyboard and bass this upcoming year.

nope, LA

Honestly, you're in a better situation than I am. In LA, I could go to a show at the Smell or some other small venue and meet a few people to jam with. Chicago's music scene ain't that close-knit. People aren't as social up here. Just go to shows of bands you like and meet some people who are trying to do the same thing you are. There's more of them than you might think, especially in Los Angeles. You're pretty much on easy mode, user. Good luck.

Everyone has a bunch of good songs inside of them, you just gotta get the shitty ones out of your system before you uncover the good ones

yeah but i don't go to shows that often and I'm shy
i have a few friends that play but they're above me and never play with me. I'm not bad by any means, but i'm not amazing like them

everything i come up feels contrived as fuck. nothing feels good to me

find a purpose for your music that will make enduring the pain of creation worth it

not him but try drinking at the shows. just 1 or 2 beers is enough to loosen me up and normally im a bit of a sperg. the easiest way to strike up conversations for me is to look for people wearing merch of bands i like. its usually a pretty good litmus test for finding people ill get along with. if you overhear someone say something about an artist you like, chime in and ask them something simple like their favorite album/song by the artist. if you click, thats great. if not, dont sweat it, just move on. it takes some practice but its not hard.

i just don't go to that many shows in the first place
maybe i'll have to star

Step 1: remember a shitty situation in your life
Step 2: write it down
Step 3: rewrite but with words that rhyme
Step 4: play the same three notes on an instrument
Step 5: watch how publications rave about your minimal and raw style
step 6: profit

shit nigga why didn't i think of that!

and on that day, rap was born.

i stole a avid mbox and a novation launchkey 25 that had a at2020 mic as a vocoder next to it from a party man

>hes not willing to comit grand larsony
>never gunna make it nigga