Muh manufactured girl group

>muh manufactured girl group
>muh strong black womyn
>muh social activist
>muh world music
>white male bands like King Crimson and The Doors? BTFO

wow a critic is dumb

this is a new development

it's almost like you should be ignoring critics in pretty much every art form because they're pretentious faggots who think they have the Right Opinion™

it is not about opinions but politics and money.

Good post, but right now I would rather talk about Pitchfork and their silly biases directed by equally silly social trends rather than repeat the same tired shit ad nauseam in attempts to drown any criticism regarding current social politics.

Again though, I appreciate your attempt at censorship, I really do. But maybe next time will be your day.

crazy how a popular website's list of the top 200 60s albums would include critically acclaimed and well regarded albums

Yeah can't believe they completely ignored white male bands like The Beatles, The Velvet Underground and The Beach Boys.

The politics and money of music reviews are only worth as much as the people stupid enough to listen to reviewers. Cut that shit out.

>Calling you a retard for being a passive listener who follows reviewers like religious figures is "censorship"
No, it's insulting you. And it clearly wasn't baseless, brainlet.

>the list has some musicians that arent white males

say it aint so!

Passive aggressive post. Filtered.

>Filtering anonymous
You're either a special kind of dumb, or an AI prodigy with a gift for heuristic filtering.

And you sure as fuck aren't a prodigy.

>>muh manufactured girl group
That Ronettes album is better than anything else on that list

>muh manufactured girl group
muh most popular pop groups of the 60s
>muh strong black womyn
muh most critically acclaimed female artists of all time
>muh social activist
muh most critically acclaimed folk artists of all time
>muh world music
muh vague generalizations
>white male bands like King Crimson and The Doors? BTFO
white male band getting the #1 spot on the list? BTFO

how about you actually post a breakdown of why you think that certain albums shouldn't have been listed? instead of this infantile and vapid attempt at inducing some sort of racially centred hysteria on Sup Forums.

Not an argument.

It wasn't supposed to be. Do you have brain damage?

Who the fuck cares if it was popular?
Right now capeshit is by far the most popular movie genre, but you wouldn't fill a list of the best films of the decade with it.

greentext is much easier

the difference being that the ronettes and shangri las are some of the best at what they did during their time period

>Bannana album is no.1

zzzzzzz

>it's a rockist gets mad music he doesn't know all that well got a lot of love episode
The worst kind of people. Kinda glad the overt obsession of white rock music is finally going away. Shit was so annoying, and too many overrated groups got classic tier status. Meanwhile other genres got shit on for essentially doing things in their own way and not being rock-like.

wow this is so problematic and has nothing to do with rap's increasing popularity whatsoever

>STILL reading pitchfork in 2017

In what world is that post passive aggressive? Do you even know what that phrase means? He's explicitly insulting you, there's nothing passive about that. Shit thread, shit OP.

The #1 album was from a white band and a white guest singer.

>has nothing to do with rap's increasing popularity whatsoever
r u dense?

>TWO Neo-Nazi white cis womyn

I don't want to go on pitchfork, did they really leave out ITCOTCK

just looking through it for recs, it has some good stuff

never heard of this until now and its really solid

>King Crimson at 56

Are you mocking his sarcasm or did you just genuinely miss the joke?

unless 100% of the bands are white male, they're being ignored and this is reverse racist misandry

>Velvet Underground
>white male band
Uhhh...

They put it at 56 behind a lot of not-so-great albums.

>implying ITCOTCK is greater than the prior 55 albums

Doesn't even deserve to be in a list of best albums of the day it was released, pleb dadrock. Now "Red"... maybe

someone just tell me if amm is on the list

No.

>attempt at censorship

lmao how?

Yeah not like they gave a white band with an Aryan girl backing them up on vocals the one spot or anything

Best believe that two decades before Nicki Minaj was born, the Shangri-Las were the baddest bitches in Queens. Formed by two sets of sisters, they were the girl group known for being hard-as-nails in real life and in their aching, baroque pop songs. They wore leather with ripped stockings and fell for tortured bad boys out in the streets.

The Shangri-Las’ songs were like stage shows in miniature, with revving engines, wounded strings, and strange, labyrinthine plot lines; this was melodrama. Their best-known song, “Leader of the Pack,” is a candy-shop romance-turned-tragedy about a boyfriend who dies in a motorcycle accident. “Give Him a Great Big Kiss” was covered a decade later by the glam-punk maniacs the New York Dolls. The Shangri-Las perfected an entire emotional state: vulnerability coupled with herculean resolve. One “Leader of the Pack” line sums them up completely: “They told me he was bad/I knew he was sad.”

Leader of the Pack testifies to the resilience of teenage girls in a male-dominated space, timeless because it came from somewhere real. As singer Mary Weiss said in 2001, “I had enough pain in me, at the time, to pull off anything.” –Jenn Pelly

this is the website you worship, Sup Forums

who cares about this type of list now, they don't help anyone discover anything new anymore

the canon has already been crowd-defined thru RYM at this point

this list is pretty good actually
you're just retarded

rap already peaked in the 90s, its not getting more popular

The Doors are fucking shit. People unironically like them on this board? Christ.

did you even look at the list? tons of pretty obscure stuff.

their world music selection is abysmal, tons of subpar releases from great artists
and giving that nina simone record a top 5 really sounds like revisionism
pretty decent list otherwise

Going by the picture, I'm gonna assume it's a bunch of mediocre nigger pop.