Old fags, remember what the site as like during the Bush years? Most of us were leftists...

Old fags, remember what the site as like during the Bush years? Most of us were leftists. Now most of us are conservatives or fascists.

What happened? Are we just contrarians rebelling against the mainstream?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_southern_Israel_cross-border_attacks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We got old.

Basically. Sup Forums, and the majority of Sup Forums is contrarian. The cycle will spin again after a year or two of God-Emperor.

I miss the internet hate machine.

>most of us were in favor of identity politics trannies black people feminism and wealth redistribution

that's real retarded xir

I feel like most people were some version of anarchist or libertarian back in the day.

>Are we just contrarians rebelling against the mainstream?
Of course, Sup Forums is a place where you can transgress with essentially no consequences as long as you don't mess with football or something equally as serious.

this

Screencap this post, this site will not change a bit when the God-Emperor reigns

>Most of us were leftists

lol no. People fucked around for the sake of lulz. It was just as racist back then too.

b8, but I do not remember much support for identity politics or full on communism here

Most of the anger was directed against neo-cons and the moral majority who wanted to censor vidya

There is only one party, and we aren't in it.

found the new friend

This site is largely a bed of trolling and shock posts about what's going on. So republicans in power leads to lefty circle jerk with centrist swept along. Same shit now with democrats holding the executive branch and disrupting the rest thanks to the GOP split looming (again?still?)
The nazi guys going from troll posts to serious support. This is still the best place to get entertaining news and laugh at the crazies on both sides.

Someone post the exploding van I'm jonesin for it

>Bush
>Cheney
>Limbaugh had a bigger platform.
>Identity politics was still contained to campuses.
The tides changed. Being left is for idiots now. It happens every few years, and you'll get used to it.

scientology and westboro were hated too

Sup Forums was never leftist
Sup Forums has always been Sup Forums
until most recently
now it's turned into /shill/

No one is paid to shill for Hillary. It is a lie perpetrated by Republican think tanks to sway people.

Nobody is paid to shill for Republicans

It is a Hillary funded lie meant to discredit Trump's campaign

Being a leftist during the Bush years was the mainstream opinion. We were libtards because we were young.

Nobody is paid to shill for Republicans

It is a Hillary funded lie meant to discredit Trump's campaign

In the unlikely event that Trump gets sworn in, his inevitably disappointing presidency will lead to a surge of leftism on the site. Such is the cycle of Sup Forums

No one is paid to shill for Hillary. It is a lie perpetrated by Republican think tanks to sway people

We never had a Trump in our lifetime. He's not perfect, but he is what we have.

we're still the real liberals, it's this crazy modern world that makes us out to be authoritarians just because we want ethnically homogeneous communities.

freedom of congregation is a right, not just a privilege for the upper class

He is this generations Reagan

>implying Sup Forums likes bill
Sup Forums has always had the same enemies

Sup Forums didn't shift, the left shifted.
The left used to champion personal freedom, "dude weed XD" and higher taxes in exchange for social services.

Now the left champions white genocide, cutting off your genitalia, and instituting laws for hurting someone's feefees.

Based japan

Hit it right on the fucking head

God damn. That's brilliant.

Sup Forums was still dominated by Sup Forums and was mostly concerned with trolling and doing things for lulz, it just was not concerned with political lining more messing with establishment figures

/new/ was libertarian

/n/ is the grandad of Sup Forums and it got deleted for being racist

/new/ is the father of Sup Forums and it got deleted for being racist

so yeah, fuck your "HURR WE USED TO BE LEFTIST" shit

I think it was a demographical problem, yeah left became more sjw'ish and yeah some leftist become conservative but the biggest difference was population

in 04 to I would say 07-08ish Sup Forums was used mainly by a fringe group, mainly middle to upper class urban youth who tend to harbor leftist feelings, Dubya did surely helped.

After 08, especially post 2010-2011, Sup Forums became more mainstream. In 2005 a 16 year old conservative probably didn't know about it, in 2015 it began to post on Sup Forums.

I see a similar trend in turkish posters, before internet was commonplace the turkish posters were almost always left leaning, upper to middle class people who hated erdoğan, as internet became more popular erdoğan posters began to have internet and began to post on twitter forums etc.

pretty sure most people here were libertarians back in the day

Pretty much this. It's scary how much things have changed in the last 8 years.

And now we have a different moral majority who want to censor vidya, what do you know.

I came here when this happened
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_southern_Israel_cross-border_attacks
and never left.

>its another reddit g-guys us oldfags a-amirite thred
embarassing
s*ged

>The left used to champion personal freedom
the left used to pretend to champion personal freedom

Wtf are you talking about leaf? During the Bush years Sup Forums was /natsoc general/

>football
>serious
even in humor you're a fucking leaf

Fair point. Though I meant more in relation to violent media. It was always conservatives crying for games/movies/music to be banned while liberals were the "I don't give a fuck" party. Now neither side really cares about degeneracy in media though.

Relevant

Reminds me of this.

I hope he's doing alright.

>he thinks Bush was conservative

Sup Forums is anti-extremist, and only has about a weeks worth of kneejerk.

It opposes extreme left when it gets huge, same for the right.
When the world kneejerks, Sup Forums does it twice as hard, for less time.
Looks contrarian as fuck, as a result.

Back in the bush years, I just jerked off on Sup Forums and harassed & stalked faggots on myspace.

>Old fags, remember what the site as like during the Bush years? Most of us were leftists.
False. Tyranny is Tyranny, there is no Left or Right. Believing in the American Left Vs. Right dichotomy only highlights what a pleb you are. And thats assuming this isn't actually some thinly veiled Shill Thread to meme Alt-Right "we fascists nao" bullshit.

>furry le so random peodphiles in Guy Faux masks were political role models

>higher taxes in exchange for social services.

Now you learned when politicians come bearing "gifts" and lofty promises for you in exchange for your wealth you should probably not support them.

We weren't political at all outside of doing it for the lulz, being against the patriot act, calling Bush a faggot (he still is, by the way) and MUH ANONYMITY. In hindsight, that would have made us edgy libertarians but no one really identified as one outside of moot (RON PAUL Sup Forums).

They called us a far left website because some memester dumped Palin's email/password on Sup Forums and Sup Forums had a field day with it.

Sup Forums as a whole has always been the place for people in the middle ground, so of course both the left and the right is going to call us evil.

WTF have you been smoking? Proud Conservative ring a bell? ISM? Hell, the /n/, /new/ and Sup Forums have often been accused of being stormfaggaottry racist breeding grounds for fascists. That is not even considering the vast number of libertardians which reach a fevered pitch in the last couple of years of the Bush administration. Remember the desperate attempts to distinguish non-intervention from isolationism? "B-b-but we'd still have trade!"

The googles. They do nothing!

It was different back then... the right were the ones all about nofun and censoring everything, now it's the left

One could ask if that isn't what the right is doing right now.

I never supported them. I was a traditional conservative during the formulative bush years and then slid into a libertarian position after spending days upon days on /new/.
Now I really don't give a fuck about politics and just come on Sup Forums to talk shit about niggers and mudslimes to be honest family.

Still, if you identified as left or right, no one really gave a shit and people debated intelligently when politics were brought up (well, by Sup Forums's standards).

You weren't simply told to GB2 REDDIT/SA/FARK/EBAUMS etc etc simply for posting that you were a democrat/republican.

during the year of bush my nuts got slapped so hard

You're right. People never used the reddit scapegoat tactic years ago. Instead it was

>GO BACK TO GAIA YOU FUCKING NEWFAG

Yeah, but you weren't told to gb2 Gaia for taking a political stance on something. You were only told to leave if you were an obvious newfag or were being a weeaboo to the point of being obnoxious (like that applemilk youtuber we used to fuck with).

Ironically enough, all of the anime roleplayers and avatarfags we have on Sup Forums today would have been considered absolute cancer back then.

/new/ was created well into the obama administration though

I'm talking about before that, 2006/2007 was when I first started posting here.

>/new/ was created well into the obama administration though
Are you confusing old /n/ews and /new/s which were the early attempts at Sup Forums with the current /news/ boards?

Wtf is this? Was he talking about loli?

Sup Forums was apolitical back then. We were united in our love of anime and memes in 2006--Sup Forums didn't really start to become an edgelord paradise until after Habbo Hotel which brought in a bunch of newfags that believe Sup Forums was all about epic raids, trolling, fucking with people, etc. Well, I guess that happened in 2006 but my memory is spotty from those days due to too much fermented Jew.

On old Sup Forums cp would get posted on a regular basis. The FBI got involved and shut it down somewhat

Most of us were and still are centrists or center-left. Back then the right was fucking retarded and we attacked them. Now the far left is fucking retarded and we're attacking them. The right still is retarded as before but bringing it up is like beating a dead horse.

>we just contrarians rebelling against the mainstream

No, that was always LiveJournal territory. We were never nonconformist hipsters. The whole "Sup Forums is just being contrarian" meme is being forced it seems by new atheists that can't reconcile there being intelligent religious people in the modern age with there simplistic two-dimensional view of religious people being all uneducated fundies/proddies like their parents.

This.

Except Reagan was a pro-free trade, pro amnesty cuckold.

We used to have a /l/oli board as well. Moot ended it years ago (and what was Sup Forums before technolo/g/y) to avoid legal issues.

The left jumped the shark.

Yea i mean as far as Reagan and Trump both being celebrities and unexpectedly getting lots of support

>Are we just contrarians rebelling against the mainstream?
Yes. There we're a lot of leftists until 2006. After a few years, we became right-wing

He is this generation's Nixon--not Reagan.

How so?

I can agree with this. Sup Forums as a whole was not political. We did not champion political causes or create shitloads of memes in support of a political candidate like Sup Forums (especially Sup Forums) does today. We were too busy fapping, watching Chinese cartoons, and by the late 00s--raiding and trolling faggots. However, if you was to ask a random user from the USA whether they were a democrat or republican they would be far more likely to say, "Democrat because Bush is a fgt" than claim they were a republican.

tough pragmatic asshole

They both come off as tough--no nonsense politicians. Both experienced violent protests from the left and both had supporters that didn't admit they supported him in public because they didn't want to cause any trouble with their friends/co-workers/family. Hence--the silent majority.

Maybe I should have said the campaign trail reminds me a lot of what was going on during the era Nixon was elected instead of implying Trump's policies are like Nixon's.

Makes sense

Nixon turned out to be a pretty good president too if you rule out watergate

If you aren't a liberal when you're young, you have no heart.
If you grow up and aren't a conservative, you have no brain.

Sup Forums is contrarian and nothing said here should be taken as a real opinion.

don't mess with football, google it

He's speaking about an actual event where someone threatened to bomb a football game on Sup Forums and got tracked down and incarcerated.

"If you're 20 years old and you aren't a liberal, you have no heart. If you're thirty years old and you aren't a conservative, you have no brain."
-Somebody

We grew up. That's all.

because being conservative is now considered egdy. thats how fucked up mainstream liberalsm has become. we are going against the grain.

but speak for yourselvs i have been listeing to Michael savage and lora ingraham since 2001

>higher taxes in exchange for social services
>personal freedom

lol Sup Forums didn't exist before 2011 fucking newfag.

I don't really buy into this 'cycle' theory of Sup Forums's politics

I'd say it's more an upward trajectory toward fascism.

Look at the equivalent sites to Sup Forums, like 2ch and Ilbe. They are both far-right too.

This desu senpai

That's just not true at all. This was funny back in the day because Bill was so obvlivious

Sup Forums cares about freedom of anonymous discussion and freedom to not be censored. It used to be the Christian Right who were the most censor-happy, now it's insane Leftists instead.

WE SWING THE PENDULUM

Here since 05, always libertarian. Even back then there were strong Libertarian leanings.

Trump's support comes from the backlash of a politically correct society where politicians ignore the will of the people. People on here become facist because it's the ultimate politically incorrect thing to do, and facism has some pretty solid points going for it compared to where society's headed.

screencaped just to prove you wrong.

to put it on a simple level:
>Sup Forums creates a meme,
>meme is a beast, everybody loves it here
>other shitshow sites pick it up.
>after this Sup Forums hates the child it brought to life.

its sad not so see how Sup Forums is counterculture.

Its because back then the conservatives were all Cucks, pushing the patriot act, trying to destroy free speech. Since then the conservatives have been truned, first with the intellectual Ron Paul supporter base, and now with the strongman leadership of Trump. Now the SJW and the left is the enemy of free speech, which ultimately is Sup Forums's most important right to protect and without it we would be the first to go!

>as long as you don't mess with football
Subtle legit oldfag credentials, leaf. I approve.

We were just as racist back then, only then, we were such amazing bastards that black people would come here to "Why, user?" about racism, and would leave feeling disgust for niggers. Anons had links at the ready to showcase why people hate nigger behavior worldwide. Black person and or liberal inquires why the meme "Nigga, stole my bike!" exists, and then they would meet in reply, a flood of pictures of niggers with a shitload of stolen bicycles. By the time user was done with them, they were either fucking off in denial or they became a resident. There were definitely more people then, that differentiated between black people and niggers, though. It wasn't much of a change for me, politically. I was a slight left leaning centrist, before. Now, I'm just a centrist.
This. /Natsoc/ was the prevailing theme on Sup Forums, then

>If you're in your 20's and don't vote liberal you're heartless
>If you're in your 40's and don't vote conservative you're an idiot

people posting pictures of george bush eating a banana and calling him a monkey and saying the Iraq war retarded wasn't really leftist

he was a shitty president who ruined our country's economy made us go into tons of debt, and got us embroiled in a pointless war on false pretenses with a convenient excuse of WMDs that weren't the real reason for invasion... the GOPs rejection of Jeb! proves that Dems and Repubs both reject the warmongering hawkish crap Bushes want to force on us. Bush hatred is a bipartisan issue

If the US had ridiculous "hate speech" restrictions like some other cuck countries, could the government take down a site like this for being a criminal hotbed?

well Nixon appealed to the silent majority when the left started going off the rails with social issues which is actually what created the new right