Posted this on /adv/ but fuck it, Sup Forums is more interesting

posted this on /adv/ but fuck it, Sup Forums is more interesting

Ok Sup Forums I live in the UK and need advice on getting help for my anxiety problem, here's some background.

>used to be normal, happy, social etc
>lost job and family member became ill
>spend the next 7 years looking after them
>friends slowly move on leaving me isolated
>become more and more anxious
>seek help at my GP over the years
>turned away, given shitty SSRIs and CBT
>went again yesterday, told there isn't anything they can do other than the above

I just want to be a productive member of society again and until I get my head right that isn't going to happen. Wat do?

You could always throw yourself off a bridge, wouldn't be a miserable whiny cunt then

dat edge

Just get a job, throw yourself into the deep. It'll suck at first, but then you'll get used to it and you'll get back to your old self again. Sounds like you need something to keep you occupied, some social contact and just something to do

no edge detected

I don't know what you were expecting...

I'd love to but currently I can barely leave the house. Hell sometimes i'm chilling out watching a movie and I'll have a random panic attack

If you're gonna tell someone to kill themselves on Sup Forums at least be original about it

Personal mantra

Hold your breaths and count to 900, that'll sort it

pass out, breathe, fail at dying. You're kinda retarded aren't you?

shut the fuck up already

No u

omg 2edgy4me

what if he didnt mean what he said as a suicide method? you automatically assume the worst from the people of b? not all of us are trap loving faggots like you, u know? fucking moron

>assume the worst in people
>randomly accuse someone of being a faggot

I love you guys

>not reading his filename

really man...?

>implying worst of a person = being gay

honestly I was just looking for a fight.. =(

shut up faggot

decent save attempt. 2/10

I had the exact same issue. They won't help you beyond CBT or anti-depressants. They just won't. They definitely won't prescribe you any kind of anti anxiety meds either. Honestly, the best thing you can do is try to get over, which I know seems impossible but it does get a bit easier with time. Though I don't think it'll ever completely go away.

actually take SSRIS and go to therapy? it's not going to magically cure you if you're unwilling to meet it half way. you need to decide you want to get better.

i was in the same exact place and used both methods and i'm happier and more productive than i've ever been. protip: stay busy. good luck, user. don't give up.

>going to b for psychotherapy
niggawatt?

>implyiing everyone who is gay is a faggot
lol go back to 9gag

8/8

OP here, went to make something to eat, came back and saw what this thread has turned into. Thanks Sup Forums you guys always make me smile if nothing else

You should still neck yourself no matter what, fucking whiny pathetic cunt

Get a job. seriously. Even if you feel terrible, your psychological resistance will build up and you'll find the attacks start to go away. You have to grow your way out of this problem.

>> source: i'm 4 years into doing so having had almost your exact scenario. 10 years of daily crushing anxiety. dying family member. suicidal.

Where in the UK are you?

Solid advice, thanks. I know where you're all coming from I just need to get over the fear I guess..

You go first so I know how to do it right

N.ire

We have a huge mental health problem and no services

Do you have aspirations to move elsewhere? Say London, for example.

I'd move in a heartbeat if I had the cash. Very few jobs here except public sector or call center work

I had a similar situation and what helped me was finding low pressure, easy work such as janitorial work.

Working as a cleaner in a supermarket allowed me to get used to being around people again but also required minimal interaction with customers.

I eventually got my shit together and was able to move on.

Ive been in your situation OP and as grim as this sounds youve just got to get through it. There will come a time where you dont even think about it anymore. Keep pushing on.

You either get on with it or end it. Theyre are you choices and just the fact you havent ended it already tells me you want to get through it.

Buckle up.

Doesn't matter what it is, but truth be told the jobs you 'want' are there, just need to know how to look for them.

My first step in your position is to take an interest in electronic dance music, as there you shall find the best kind of people. Honestly, it'll blow you and any preconception you had about what makes a good person and help to build your character from the ground up. You'll strive to fit in but not because of some unwanted pressure but rather because seeing the best kind of people will motivate you in doing the same.

Check some events out on ResidentAdvisor, but truth be told you need to find what makes your heart burn (if nothing, then find something) and follow it no matter where it may take you. I started such events when I was 17 and was terrified, but it paid off and all those experiences have put me in a place I never thought I'd end up.

P.s: Money is money

this is terrible advice

dont come to london OP its a terrible shithole
just stay comfy

Interesting
i've spent some time in London and as much as it can be a shithole anywhere is better than belfast to be honest

You can listen to somebody who was as introverted as you sound but saw the light, so to speak, and is moving to happier days after a traumatic teenage life OR

this guy who has no ambitions, no friends, and absolutely no brains

:P your choice lad

OP here, I agree. I think a change of Location would be good for me if nothing else. Been thinking about it for a while

WAAHHHHH my life didn't turn out how I'd always been told it would by a pair of dimwitted halfwit new parents who molly coddled me for years and now i'm all sad.
cunt, kill yourself

Absolutely man. But before that happens, give yourself a community that you look forward to, feel like belonging to. Belonging and events to look forward to will make the daily grind that much easier

Medications like SSRIs and theraby like CBT can take literal months to work. They are research verified to be fairly effective though.

Watch out moving, if you move somewhere that you don't know anyone at you might worsen your anxiety associated with going out. It can help, but it can be risky. Also make sure you can still make it to your Doc and CBT wherever you move. Support nets are really important for everyone, but even more so for dealing with mental illness.

20mg propranolol daily if you can get ahold of it, tell the gp you have an extremely fast heart rate (these meds are also used for this) and it'll chill you out

projection much?
Indeed
I was on SSRIs for 2 years and had 6 sessions for CBT (thats all they give you)

had another 6 sessions this year and it was person centered shite.

I was taken off the SSRIs randomly, I asked why and they said some shit about trying other drugs which never led to anything.

I have tried to get work many times too, long story I can't be assed getting into

Cant take beta blockers, I have psoriasis and the docs wont give them to me because it goes into overdrive and spreads with beta blockers, already asked em for them