I'm leaving for Boot Camp on the 16th of this month after having my ship date changed due to a "black-out" period...

I'm leaving for Boot Camp on the 16th of this month after having my ship date changed due to a "black-out" period. I'm a Navy Nuke. Is there any way for me to drop out of the military? I've realized, stupidly late, that whatever I'd learn in A-School would belie my real interests.

Exaserbate any medical issues you have. Say you have trouble standing for long periods. Say you have ADD and have been taking but stopped a year ago and can't contact the therapist that wrote you the perscription. That's all I got for ya dude. If you actually go through MEPS and get to A-school, the only ways out suck. Truth be told though, Navy was the best financial move I ever made.

I'm still in DEP. Is there no way out now without lying, or am I legally obligated to the Navy now?

Before I went to boot camp for the Marines and we did our last meeting at MEPs in the morning they gave anyone a chance to stand up and have the choice to not go through with it. I dunno if that was just a my area thing where they let you do a walk of shame but maybe you can do that. Or you could just tell you're recruiter you smoked pot and there's no way he would let you even go to meps that day.

Congrats user.

Too late now. You're fucked for a while, have fun.

I thought I was committed to it a few months ago, but now, I regret it. Nothing I can do but try to sabotage my inauguration. Hopefully someone learns from my mistake--not that I'm the first.

is probably the place to ask.

What's this gif from seems so familiar

If only I could trade places with you. Eczema on my right finger disqualified me. Wasted sixteen fucking years of my life wanting this and the pain won't go away.

Dude if you don't got much going for you then just be excited. Yeah some shit is gonna suck sometimes but that's life. You'll meet cool people and get to do shit not many get to. Then when the day comes and you get your dd214 then you can be making bank while you get paid to go to school. Shits stupid easy

I mean, I have some faith in my abilities outside of whatever the military will prepare me for. And certainly much more passion for my interests. If I go to school after, it certainly won't be to study what I did in A-School. I just want out and to see my girlfriend during Thanksgiving.

Just passed my NAPT today actually. See ya in A school fag

Just don't go. that's all you have to do, you aren't officially in the military until you've gone to boot camp.

to clarify, i left town the day i was supposed to ship out. my recruiter talked to my parents, wanted to find out if i was alright, and nothing else ever came of it.

Doesn't that mean I can have my recruiter disqualify or void my contract? I don't want to be legally tried for not showing up to the office on the 15th.

Navy Ordnanceman, When you get to boot you'll have what's call the moment of truth which will be the last time you have a chance to say if you were lying on anything and what not just raise your hand and tell them you lied about having depression or some bs and gtfo

Animated movie called Redline.
Give it a watch, shits good.

your contract will be voided if you don't show up. you won't be tried for anything as you haven't committed a crime. i went through meps, signed everything, had a plane ticket bought for me and everything.. backed out literally the day of and nothing happened.

Shit's fucking fantastic.

So I read that the final enlistment contract is the most pertinent to my enlistment. Does that mean that, even if I'm a Nuke, I can still drop put so long as I inform my recruiter and avoid his shit-flinging ?

I don't doubt you man but it's just 4 years. I dunno how old you are but I did this shit soon after high school and time fucking flies. I get you wanna see your girl and it's tough/shitty knowing your way of life is soon changing drastically. Some people let the military mold them like clay and they act like moto fags all their life. Majority don't, they're "mostly" average people. Who's to say you can't continue in your main interests anyways. It's like working a job except just a few extra loops. You get time to yourself and weekends off. I hated the idea I enlisted a good many times, but once you get out and reap the benefits it was so worth it. I mean my situation was different. I didn't wanna live at my parents place forever and work at mcdonalds while paying student debt. But if you're serious you don't want in then just tell your recruiter that you smoked pot and they'll be pissed at you, then they can't send somebody who will pop the first piss test. Or just tell them straight up that you don't wanna and ignore them. I dunno what happens but I heard of people who did that and nothing happened.

i would assume so, i doubt it's any different just because you're a nuke. you're not fucked unless you've already gone to boot op. you'll be fine

If your in the dep still you have no official contract until you go to meps and sign by figure print

ПИHДOCЫ EБAHЫE CДOХHИTE.

Don't they have you give your finger print when you initially go to MEPS for medical?

Nope. If you drop out of DEP, you just need a waiver if you want to reenlist later. I don't know much about DEP though. I know a little about medical discharges because I got a medical asmo in bootcamp and got to stay with the dropouts and other medical cases.

Same here, dude. I really don't want to do this military shit, but it's really the clearest option I have for my future. I'd stick with it if I were you. The benefits are great, they give you free college, and you only have to do 4 years tops.

test

They are going to shove you so far down into a submarine that when you finally come out you won't recognize anything around you. Congrats for falling for the A-School recruitment PowerPoint.

Don't be a bitch. The hardest part is dealing with the other people in boot camp with you. But even then, all you have to do is ignore them. When (not if) you'll get Veteran's Preference for jobs and in the long run it'll help you out with benefits and all that. Veteran's preference won't really come into play until you get out or if you're in the reserves. You don't need to go career to get stuff like access to your GI Bill or tuition assistance and you can always cross train to another MOS.

Source: Military brat, been in the Army reserves for 6 years, and cross training is a thing in all branches.

Good luck!

T H A N K Y O U F O R Y O U R S E R V I C E

You clearly don't know what it means to be a nuke. He's going to go to one of the hardest a-schools the Navy offers. If he gets less than a C at any point, he drops out and becomes a boatswain's mate, which is the shittiest job the Navy offers.

The upside? If he makes it through school and does his time, he'll be living the high life. Good advancement, extra money everywhere, and a job that translates into a high-paying job in the private sector. High risk, high reward.

kys

Just leave. It's not like they have the time or effort to track you down. More soldiers go awol now then ever before.

run like you would for anything else.
nothing worse than a sailor that cannot commit to anything.

>throwing away a sure future for some hole.

you wouldn't lasty anyway man, you're too fucking soft.

if the motherfucker is honestly gonna skip out on a surefire way of having an actual career not bogged with debt and regret for some cunt he likes than do you honestly think he has what it takes to make it through this school?

Just tell your recruiter you want out and that this notification is the last contact you want to have with the military and anything else will be considered harassment. I'm 10 years in...