You know....these days we live in a society that doesn't believe in personal responsibility. If a kid drowns in a pool...

You know....these days we live in a society that doesn't believe in personal responsibility. If a kid drowns in a pool, it's the pools fault. If a person gets shot by someone with a gun, it's the guns fault. If a person crashes their car, it's the cars fault. If a black man commits a crime it's the white mans fault. If a woman beats up a man, it's the patriarchy's fault. This illogical thinking goes on and on.

Yet and still people say when it comes to drugs they should be in charge of their own bodies and be responsible for themselves, but when you really look at America it's really contradictory to the evidence. How can you say you are a responsible adult that should be in charge of your own choices when at the same time you say guns should be banned, guns kill people not people kill people, and people aren't responsible enough to own firearms? This is so beyond hypocritical that it's almost a parody.

But the real question is, what will you do when drugs are legal, how will you defend it? Those same emotional tactics you people use will be used against you. The opposite side will throw around made up statistics that drugs kill more children than cars and guns combined. This is what you do with guns. According to people with an anti gun stance, guns kill more people than everything in the universe combined. What will come next is "why do you need such a large bong? Clearly it's some sort of overdose bong used to overdose children." This emotionalism tactic you people have created will be used against you.

Then will come "sensible laws" Will you register your drugs and your drug using utensils? Will you agree to a law that says you can only have x amount of drug in your possession? Will you agree that people should go through a drug safety course and should go through a background check?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:School_shootings_in_Germany
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers_(Europe)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Switzerland
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Of course you'll kick and scream and say no. In fact a couple of those laws exist now and you people are already up in arms about it. So if you don't want the government trampling over your rights to do what you want with you body, then why the fuck do you do this to gun owners?

In the end, you drug freedomers are hypocrites and have a huge double standard. I guess it's fine though because you will get fucked with the same over emotional feel good system you people created. If people actually and truly believed in personal responsibility and were responsible adults themselves, we could actually enjoy both freedoms unprohibited

Hurr Durr America

You still keep your guns, retard. Literally no one wants to take them away. Y'all claimed Obama was gonna take them away but he didn't in eight years. But if you're mentally retarded or have a violent personality or if you're a child you shouldn't have a gun. Every single time, people claim the gov will take our guns away when no one wants that and the only people propagating that narrative are those same people claiming the government wants to take their guns.

Let me break it down simple, real Barney style for you user. Drugs are things you use on yourself. Guns are used on other people.

Dont expect Sup Forums to have common sense

Not reading all that. I have no issue with guns, but people have to b responsible for them forever., just lik a car, they should be insured. If they’re stolen, your responsible will calling police and providing any information on its whereabouts and he w they were stored. Also must be in proper storage. You should have to pass a tests to buy one and there should be a computerized Federal registry.

When people say that "guns kill people", they are referring to the scientifically documented fact that availability and immediate access to a firearm radically increases the likelihood of lethal violence. In other words, if there's a weapon around, someone will most likely use it. This phenomenon is even more pronounced when it comes to suicidal behaviour. The quickest way tp make someone kill themselves is to give them a gun. It has been repeatedly shown through many studies that obstacles can actually reduce violence. This is also why psychologists will tell you to count to 10 when you get angry. Any delay or pause dramatically reduces the chances of doing something impulsive.

You are right, guns are used on other people. In fact they are used 80x more often in self defense than in a crime.

Go to Sup Forums faggoht

Do you even math, bro?

You amerifags don't seem to realise that these constant mass shootings only happen in your country. Lots of other countries have guns, but they never have any mass shootings. It's obviously a cultural problem, and it has nothing to do with legislation.

Hey retard, the only reason he didn't do it is because there were large 2a gatherings around the country. The media didn't cover it after they failed to make them look like rednecks

You’re retarded, this isn’t true.

Hey c’mon.. let’s not just throw numbers of our ass or regurgitate unreliable sources and have a real discussion

>Lots of other countries have guns, but they never have any mass shootings
they just have mass stabbings
or mass truckings
>niggers gonna nig no matter what

This

Truck kills 86 people and 458 injured
Gunmen 59 deaths (including the perpetrator) and 489 injured

Truck > Guns?

This guy just wanted to fuck shit up but murica just misses the point yet again.
Just like the pedophile problem, ppl need an out.

Where are you getting your information? You don't seem to live in the US so you shouldn't talk about things you couldn't possibly know about. I'll tell you though so you'll stop embarrassing yourself: democratic politicians and lots of other people are saying that they literally want all civilian firearms collected and destroyed.

Not all countries but your point stands.

America needs some mental health funding. You've got the Isis situation covered now you just need to stop your own guys killing you.

Except in the US, where 2/3 of all gun related deaths are suicide. So we use them on ourselves then. Maybe the gun isnt the issue, user.

Like Brazil for example. A gunfree state with a mere +55,000 gun related deaths a year. If only we had a gun free society here, too!

>You dont seem to live in the US so you sh-
Americans know less about their own country than foreigners do. I don't need downs syndrome to know more about it than a tard.

Does that help you understand, Ameritard?

Lol so salty

yeah exactly.

Wut dem tears taste like?

>they are referring to the scientifically documented fact that availability and immediate access to a firearm radically increases the likelihood of lethal violence
explain Switzerland

There are plenty of mass shootings in Europe. You just don't hear about them.
US has a larger population than any European country. Of course it seems to have more.

>There are plenty of mass shootings in Europe. You just don't hear about them.
>implying

Examples?

kek, not reading this

What am I implying? It's true

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:School_shootings_in_Germany
Well I never heard about any of these.

It's the fact that it's so easy to kill with a gun.

Also, everyone has one in murica, so an argument could easily turn into a shootout. Here in the UK we don't have to bite our tongue if we think we're arguing with a crazy.

someone shoop a boner on the criminal

Better way to show it
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers_(Europe)

So you just don't worry about a person knocking you out or smashing you in the head with a bottle? That seems like a strange point to make.

That applies to the entire Humanrace most of the time. Every time some one talks sense 10 will rise and call him a fag. /b is quite like a concentrate of human population in that sense.
>pic related
>mfw

>you can do what i want so long as you jump through all my hoops

thank god faggots like you are no longer in charge of anything important or relevant. enjoy your mcjob and your ebt card.

Umm I don't know a single person where I live, that owns a fucking gun. Stop making shit up,

Totaly agree with pic, sad thing is, libs don't, even though you could replace guns with weed and have the same outcome.

Everybody has to serve in the army and gets keep their government issued gun at home, but they aren't allowed ammunition at home.

Sick source bro. I'm sure that was a totally tell scientific paper. That graph totally wasn't made on excel. Scientific papers love having titles on graphs! They do it *all* the time.

If a person kills himself or someone else with a gun knob head than that means a person was involved by pulling the trigger. If no one is there to handle a gun you are safe. What magic are you trying to pull out of your ass.

Yes, I made it on Excel

>people are worthless sacks of shit and shouldn't exist
i'm glad we agree OP

I have literally no clue where any of the other commenters get their sources. I love how it's always
>"the media didn't cover it because "X"
Don't you love how conspiracy theorists and panic propagators somehow get information that never seems to exist anywhere else? "Media" by definition is the process and/or people's that spread information. So if nobody ever reports the things they believe how do they know about it? And even if someone did give them the information wouldn't they do what any other rational person would do and check sources, compare data, etc?

I don't think anyone is arguing that the person shooting the gun shouldn't be held responsible. Simply that their should be a more in-depth analysis into the psyche and general stability of a person before hand, and that items used to amplify the already deadly capability of these weapons should be moderately restricted or banned. As a citizen I don't need a silencer, I don't need a kit to make my weapon fully automatic, and my own personal unpopular opinion we don't need 500+ different kinds of weapons available to the public. You need protection? .45 cal. Magnum BAM! DONE.

You can just flip it around for the other side, both extremes are fucking retarded. The two party system in america makes it impossible to get anywhere, and any progress that gets made is immediately undone. Taking the middle ground doesn't get votes so politicians can't do it. The obly reason this shit is still held together is the base it was built on, the constitution etc. A majority of public benefit systems, education and healthcare etc., are deeply flawed, but the people are so concerned about themselves that they aren't willing to sacrifice a little for greater change in the future. People are scared that our government will entirely turn into a communist or dictatorship state just because we adopt a few policies. They fail to realize that (at least in theory) the people of america are supposed to be the best of the best from around the world, and that our government should be too.

Fuck off ammosexuals.

I don't even fucking care about drugs

That one drug, chemical mescaline, the bees knees or whatever... yeah that is what kills children.

I think as long as the person signs a contract and stick them in an enclosed park while people observe them (people who question if they want to do that to themselves)

Well, it's for the better. I already graduated. Be safe and take it easy. Don't fuck around.

Notice how easier it is to wank with that empty right hand, though. Also, the criminal will have a harder time looting a gun from you, if you do not have it protruding from a hip holster, handle alluringly oriented towards the criminal's hand.

Plus, it's much easier to spot the horrible criminal on image two, as he's the only one carrying a firearm (everybody knows that cops don't learn how to read - that's why they shoot people based solely on skin color, or hands contents)

drugs fuck you up, but it is you who fucks you up with them. People don't go on mass drugging sprees, making fifty people OD and turning another 200 into addicts.

the problem with your silly cartoon is that it does not show that the white middle class farmer typw is now far safer than he was before. he is less likely to murder his wife and children or kill himself, or have his gun taken and used on him (by a two year old or a housebreaker) he is far safer than when he had the gun.

you see bad analogy, simplification and emotional appeal are not good arguments.

this

false. this figure is just made up (or do you have a source?)

obvious b8 confirmed for low IQ redneck. sage.

switzerland has lower gun ownership than the US (only about 24% of swiss households have guns, mostly in rural areas for hunting and pest control, vast majority rifles, no automatic, very few pistols, majority of pistol target guns), a very high bar of background checks, full registration, requirement for reporting change of ownership, and required training, and you cannot have ammo at home.

Totally different scheme to the US.

I thought everyone knew that? have you not done any research into the question at all? which is it lazy or stupid?

by plenty you mean less than a hundredth of the number in the US over time?

funny sort of plenty.

no it isn't...

yeah its bullshit I feel you

>everyone has one in murica
actually it is a falling number of people with small brains and even smaller penises. Only about a third of Americans own weapons, although the average number per owner is about 7.5

Another reaosn why american politicians should stop being such fucking cowards and repeal the 2nd and offer an amnesty on all guns to be turned in. get a few million off the streets and have strict registration for the rest and cut down on the black market.

you know that this is fewer than the USa in a year?

you know this list goes back to the 1540's, adn many are in the 1800's or early 1900's

that the total killed over 500 years is about the average for america in a month or so?

sad thing is it is a really bad argument and I don't have the brain to work out why.

fixed it for you

In switzerland, most families have army rifles. However, using them for a crime is a hell of an aggravating circumstance, so they're never (or nearly so) misused.

>mostly in rural areas for hunting and pest control, vast majority rifles, no automatic, very few pistols, majority of pistol target guns), a very high bar of background checks, full registration, requirement for reporting change of ownership,
Identical to US.
>Totally different scheme to the US.
You are greatly misinformed

This

sorry to confront you with facts but it is not "most" people don't have guns of any sort. "The Small Arms Survey of 2016 placed Swiss gun ownership per capita at 24.45%."

less than a quarter, under 2 million households out of nearly ten.

What's really bizarre is all the foreigners putting their two cents in about things they know absolutely nothing about. Saying anything about getting rid of guns is like wearing a sign around your neck that says "I'm a moron". Then you have the other idiots who say it's not a ban it's just regulation. Firearms are heavily regulated in the US and saying otherwise is akin to wearing a sign around your neck that says "I'm mentally retarded".

Per capita. Considering "family" households tend to have, you know, TWO parents, and around two children, that makes this 24% awfully near "one gun per house".

so the US has as strict a gun control regime as Switzerland? You are greatly misinformed.
Americans would shit bricks if they had to put up with Swiss law - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Switzerland

America isn't a country, it's a company.

>Not understanding the difference between ilsamic terrorists and a hunk of metal.

/thread

sorry, my bad - I had not done that bit of math. However given the over half a million government issued guns, with no ammunition, and the very strict regulations about storage, carrying, use and disposal, it is still a far distance from the US

well he is a stupid short sighted bad thinker then. at length.

you have a pistol too? oh, I better just wait til you look away for a moment then draw mine and take yours from you because if you go to draw yours I pop a cap in you.

we both have guns so less violence and less lethal - has - less chance of violence if neither of us (small or large, psycho or sane) has no weapon. but hey don't let commonsense get in the way of your ideological suicidal penis envy.

gotta love the two ADHD kiddies who are sucking your dick. fucking faggots

There is a logical fallacy in that reasoning.
> I have a gun, thus nobody can "force" me, only persuade me.

Has it occurred to you that one can shoot you first (especially seeing that you are armed), in order to avoid any kind of retribution, and still get away with crime ? Like, if I live in a country where most people don't carry weapons, and a fucker wants to rob me, and uses surprise, he'll usually say something like "gimme the cash", or whatever along that line, and then run away after robbing me, leaving me shivering with fear.

If I live in a country where it's usual to be armed, he might very well kill me from the start, or off me after I handed the valuables, just to be sure I won't pull out a gun and shoot him down while he escapes...

So, having weapons escalates violence. True, it will tend to discourage people from attacking you if they're not able to deal with you, but those who are are more likely to harm you a lot more than they would have if you didn't have a gun.

This/

Yeah, the situation is different. But there USED to be a lot of ammo available (before 2007, militia men had 50 cartridges at home, for their service weapon), and, still, there aren't many deaths by firearm. And most of those are suicide :)

So, one needs to understand that the gun culture, in the US, BREEDS violence and encourages violent resolution of crimes.

I'm not saying that not having guns avoids all problems. I'm merely saying that, barring the occasional and mostly unavoidable mentally-challenged murderer (be that a terrorist, or a mass shooter), which will probably happen whether or not there is a ban on weapons, most "petty" crimes would probably be much less violent if weapons were banned.

It's easy to compare the figures between the US and, say, most European countries. Even in those with very high crime rates, and very high social differences (like in the USA), there are far fewer casualties due to crime.

So, all in all, it's safer, here, in Europe, than it is in the USA. And our governments are corrupt, but so is yours, and it doesn't seem like armed rednecks are a real threat to them anymore. So, well... I guess we're still better off without weapons :)

Jesus user. Stay off of Tumblr. The real world isn't like this.

I am in France... don't talk to me me about corrupt government...

Moi aussi, je suis Français. Putain de Macron...

he never said you were safe without guns, he said you're more safe, jesus can't you read and stop being so...implulsive?

I guess they know they aren't then. But I agree on the fact that this bipartism is cancerous, as both of them would use any logic to win, causing both to be inefficient and without real logic

dude you're going too cynical, I can't even see you point anymore, I hope this isn't like you are in real life

Depuis quand tu roules des triples, Paul ?

The idea that the government can keep people safe is dumb. The government has no control over anything and the war on drugs is proof of that.

Retard

NRA shill. take your gun, put it in your mouth and do us ALL A FUCKING FAVOUR and KILL YOURSELF.

> NRA
> shilling it up everywhere this hard

american like and live gun because with a gun every pussy become strong, gun make little dick feel sooo strong.
country of fag

The autistic left confuses owning a gun with a pathological tendencies of a religion to be apologetic to a militant cult.

Meanwhile, civic nationalists can be damn decent people and have a wide circle of fellow citizens they would consider it an honor to aid in a time of need.

> Tax sattire
probably should change the criminal to "government"

But... but... the butt plug loving wanna-be fuccboi was only shooting his imagined villian... nazi, capitalist, sociopathic to live up his hero fantasy... he iz thu gud goi

This image is so dumb
I assume this is in response to the las vegas shootings in which case I have to ask if the whole crowd had handguns you think that the problem would have been solved.
The short answer is no the guy would still have been able to kill all those people.

I do agree with one thing though: the issue isn't the fact that people own guns in America.
The issue is the gun culture that americans have.