Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums
What’s your opinion about extraterrestrials?

>exist / don’t exist?
>coverup by governments?
>physically similar to us or completely different?
>carbon based?
>verbal communication or mental?
>alien society similar to ours or similar to ants
>their ideology? If they have one

Let’s go.

They seem alien to me.

>they exist
> of course cover up
> similar, but different
>carbon based
>telepathy
>ants
>aliens are likely so far advanced from us that they would likely be very hard to understand. To most, they would appear as gods due to their advanced technology.

trust me, you have a better chance at a serious conversation on /x/ than here

remember user, summer isn't quite over yet.

May exist, frankly I don't care. The universe is too big to encounter them.

And if they're advanced enough to travel quickly through space they will be smart enough to avoid the single planet ruled by a bunch of agressive apes.

I'd bang one.

they work for CNN

Let's be rational about this for a second.
First, we now know there are billions of galaxies with trillions of trillions of planets. The sheer number of planets suggests a near 100% possibility of intelligent extraterrestial life. It's a matter of how many, and how far away.

Second, human civilization is only about 7000 years old - that's not even a blip in cosmological time. It's a nothing. ET is probably a billion years ahead of us in both technology and socially. Most, if not all, people cannot even comprehend what a billion years of advancement would look like. We would be as interesting to them as bacteria is to us. They probably wouldn't even consider us sentient.

Third, there's only one resource on Earth that is unique to Earth - our biosphere. We have nothing - absolutely no other resource - that can't be more easily gotten elsewhere. There's just no reason to invade Earth.

I think the whole 'anal probing' deal is just alien teens getting their lulz by fucking with the local fauna. Their version of throwing Alka Seltzer tablets at seagulls.

I like them ,but I do find their visits disturbing

>They seem alien to me.

Build a wall. Quick!

i call that bullshit. So if other alienraces are millions of years ahead in technology and such. Answer me one question.

WHY IS IT SO FUCKING SILENT OUT THERE GODDAMNIT

You think bacteria can "hear" us? You think bacteria can "see" us? Yeah, we're "silent" to bacteria just as advanced aliens are "silent" to us.

There is no point to argue with this poor explanation

We'll sir, that's a very cromulent question. You see, AYY LMAO

the chance that they are real is 100% (as in any life on another planet)
the chance that they can visit us is tiny
hell, the chance that they live in the same timeperoid as us is miniscule
they could have perished six million years ago

Maybe they are here maybe not, because of all filters and the Fermi paradox. If you want to know more about interstellars relations, go play Stellaris (Xenophobics empire always win)

>ideoLOGy

Assuming they are millions of years ahead in "evolution"

Why is it we cant see anything of it? No artifical light source, no artifical giga-construction like that dyson sphere or the death star feom star wars or the borg super complex in star trek? Nothing theres just nothing. Nothings going on out there no gigantic space battles, no flood of artifical radiation nothing. Its dead and its like we the only lifeform who emits artifical signals

Because light is so fucking slow and the Universe (even our GALAXY) is so fucking big

why WOULD you be able to see anything? when you look at stars, you're actually looking back in time billions of years.

>having this poor of an understanding of physics
>2017

Youre wrong, our galaxy for example the light taks only some 20k lightyears from one end to another. And with 100 million lightyears do you know how many galaxies are in this radius? But all we do receive are natural signals. If they are so advanced like 100 million years ahead we easily should receive something as powerful as a neutron star radiation signal from them.