deoxy.org/psyexp.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stop self shilling

Aenima>Lateralus>10,000 Days>Opiate>Undertow

wew lad

Cool when you're 14.

Tool is cool if you are a tool.

Clever original joke xd someone give this guy upvotes

Used to love them, still rate Aenima and Lateralus, but I've honestly got totally bored by their sound in the TEN YEARS since their last release. I know hardcore fans will say "naw dude, their music is SO FREAKING EPIC you can listen to the same albums again and again and it still TOTALLY RULES", but I really need to hear a band's sound progress and evolve for them to hold my interest (see Radiohead).

tl;dr used to be great but haven't released anything in a decade and now sound boring

Tool's great man. Lateralus is super sweet. theyre music is real unique, it slows down, grooves, then smashes ur face in, but in a nice graceful kinda way.

>making jokes is reddit guys
Holy shit, how far is that stick up your ass?

new album when

tool is used as an alternative introduction for listening to progressive rock if the listener didnt quite get into classic prog

Skip tool just have them listen to Close to the Edge instead

i have a hard time imagining a new album not being disappointing if they ever release another one

Skip Yes just have them listen to In Praise of Learning instead

kek

Same for me

I got into prog through Porcupine Tree

lateralus > aenima

I like tool very much

The emotional highs Tool offers are hard to match for myself.

"Saw that gap again today... While you were begging me to stay... Managed to push myself away... And you as well my dear... There's no love in fear!"

They're very talented musicians but Keenan's lyricism is often negativistic to the point of resembling an edgy teen's ramblings.

Aenima and Lateralus are good albums on the whole, though. I also really enjoy Rosetta Stoned as a song.

>So crucify the ego, before it's far too late
To leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical,
And you will come to find that we are all one mind
Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.

agreed

Fans sometimes call Lateralus "the holy gift" and have long thought there is a secret order to the tracklist to unlock this "gift" but IMO Lateralus is a guide specifically for psychedelic exploration and expanding your consciousness while doing so a la The Psychedelic Experience by Timothy Leary, Ralph Metzner and Richard Alpert.

deoxy.org/psyexp.htm

The Lateralus album and Third Eye live while on psychedelics pushed me to challenge myself to the infinite and discover my own and our true nature. I can't thank Tool enough for the paths they have shown me.

You are one unfathomable faggot.

Unfathomable, yet here I am.

They're great. The main problem with them is how long it takes them to write songs. It's gotta be less than two songs per year if you average it out, which is absurd really. Great band though.

When you're listening to Tool, just remember that they're not like other bands. Their music is incredibly artistic, almost to the point where you have to be paying complete attention to them to even remotely understand them. I remember listening to a song on Lateralus (though I can't remember what it was), where I thought a song was absolute bollocks during the listen. Then, I closed my eyes for a second, and all of a sudden the song had an entirely new meaning. It was insane the way Tool could just become something so different when you take a look into the music.

Another thing you should note about Tool is that it's easy to get a headache listening to them. Not because they're a bad band, but because of how many ideas their music is riddled with and how complex they are. Soon enough your head will fill to the brim and the rest will just sound like noise to you. Just turn it off and give it a listen the next day.

If you don't like the music, you'll definitely at least enjoy reading through the lyrics, and picking apart the song itself and all of the artistic values that go into making it the complexity that it is.

Bump

I quite agree. I have a similar connection. When Tool says their name is because the music serves as a Tool to better yourself, I didn't quite understand what they meant until psychedelics.
You are right, but I like to remember that Tool is one of the few bands to have a perfect discography. Quality over quantity.

Tool is good but their fanbase is cancer

I used to love them, but it's been so long since any new material that all their stuff has become "their old stuff" and a lot of it's kind of run its course.

It's mostly Adam Jones and the bassist taking so long to perfect their melodies and what not. Maynard explains it on the Joe Rogan podcast.

A shitty mainstream king crimson.

46 & 2 is best song

this post embodies Tool fans

Far enough ;)

Tool is tool if you are a cool

>Undertow last
>Anything behind 10,000 Days
w e w

that and The Grudge are the goats

>You'll never be so successful that you convince legions of teenage fans to pay you to wear giant dicks in public

Great music, Narcissistic singer

If Tool is cool, consider me Myles Davis

Love them, really unique and creative, no one really like them. Only problem is the fanbase but other than that I like them a lot

Fun band. They're a fucking band - not an experience, you pretentious fucks. Ænima and Lateralus are tied for first with 10,000 Days and Undertow following behind even though 10,000 days is mostly interludes. I want a new album, not expecting much and each musician can clearly hold their own.

what did you see friendo

>This
Psychonauts are awful

How's Maynard a self lover?

Tool is cool if you're still in middle school xD

>They're a fucking band - not an experience
what did he mean by this