Beg thread here. I freelance, and my only working laptop is dying. Working from my phone sucks donkey balls normally...

Beg thread here. I freelance, and my only working laptop is dying. Working from my phone sucks donkey balls normally, but even more so right now because my beloved Moto Maxx up and died, so I'm using a secondhand Galaxy Note 3 with a cracked screen and serious signal issues. I could go to Goodwill and score a DOS-era ThinkPad, but it wouldn't do me any good for work; I typically have about 12 Chrome tabs open at any given time, and have to do heavy image editing in GIMP, as well as video editing. Would anybody be willing to send me a decent laptop they have laying around (probably C2D/2GB or better), or PayPal me about $50 so I can grab a cheap one off eBay and throw my RAM and HDD in it? Pic related, it's the ThinkPad R500, one that would fit the bill, and I keep coming across it on eBay for about $50 shipped.

paypal.me/DSA91

Get a real job instead of relying on freelance work to pay for things.

I would, but I have a disabled son with 3 appointments each week that I have to drive him to. Nobody wants to schedule around that shit, and a night job wouldn't work because the kids wouldn't let me sleep during the day.

Should've thought about your job situation before you had kids.

they have threads dedicated to thinkpad enthusiasts, many with closets full

Then ditch the kids and work on an oilrig

>Can't afford 50 bucks

I'll see if anybody there has one they can spare, then. Thanks!

I have 4 computers. I have 3 tablets, one is a surface pro.. so maybe you count that as a computer. I have 6 screens. I have a vive and a dk1. I have.. fuck like, 9 or 10 smartphones honestly I lost count.

no. im not giving you shit. you have the FUCKING INTERNET. make some money. it's easy.

Sounds like a millennial should've found a better career then recorder tuning.

get rid of the kid

I find it hard to believe that you don't have a decent computer with all of the online gaming you do.

>millennial
what does that have to do with anything? average millennial salary is $40k. not great but not the worst. Gen Z (or iGen if ur a faggot) are the broke af ones.

I have a Lenovo w510 I will send you. No bullshit. I'm at work right now. But if serious will send tonight or tomorrow. Have 30 of these fucking things from last job.. can't bring myself to throw away which is what they wanted me to do lmao. [email protected]

That's been on hold for quite some time. I still play occasionally on mobile or console, but not often.

Get a real job and work for a living. Fucking lazy entitled fuck.

Thank you, user! A W510 will fit the bill just fine and then some. I'll be in touch via email.

What shit do you have to freelance as to have no money? Are you freelancing as street advertiser? A freelancer gets more than double the money of an employed in the same field.

if you really want some easy money steal some gay artwork and upload it to redbubble

Perfect also anyone else by all means. I will check email later tonight.

>Have 30 of these fucking things from last job

Damn dude you're sitting on a gold mine. If I were you I'd clean em up a little and sell them on ebay for 200-350$ depending on condition.

-Sent from my Lenovo T420, the best laptop I ever owned.

Writing for now, hoping to go into web design and tech support when I have a bit more free time on my hands. I'm also temping a 2nd-shift job that will last until November, but the pay is pretty low. My household is getting by, but not with much to spare. Once my kid turns 3 and the appointments are over with, I'll be working my LinkedIn to find something. I'm not worried on that front, though. I've got connections in real estate/title, tech, journalism, and creative stuff. My schedule just doesn't jive with a "real job" right now.

like literally stolen gay artwork?

Haha you would think I would do that, but I'm just not into the whole customer support crap that comes with selling tech. Been there done that haha. Also I'm using an x1 carbon at work right now. Love that thing.

It is barely ever that simple you dribbly fuck

x1 Carbon is boss. I was considering one during tax season 2015, should have pulled the trigger. It would have survived what killed my HP Omen - older son got mad and poured water on it. Little fuck was grounded and bored out of his mind for a week after that shit.

literally literal

Sounds like you're just a shit parent.

heavy video editing in GIMP for work lol. Any adult business person uses atleast photoshop. A lot of laptops won’t let you simply put your extra RAM in it. You are obviously an unexpeirenced adolescent and you are begging because Mommy wouldn’t give you $50 for weed.

Here's your (You) faggot.

Maybe so. Shouldn't have trusted my wife, I guess. I told her to guard the laptop and went to take a piss, heard her screaming at the kid and ran with my pants down to find him standing on a chair and pouring water on the laptop. I dried it out from the inside out immediately, but since it was plugged in, the power supply went berserk and fried the mobo. In retrospect, buying a laptop without a spillproof keyboard was stupid of me.

Haha yep. They will come down for next year. They are really coming a long way with their workforce series stuff. I would have been pissed off if that happened to me lmao sorry dude.

GIMP works fine for compressing, filtering, and adding watermarks. The video editing happens in Lightworks. No need for the good shit when free shit works well enough.

I handled an X1 Carbon once, how the fuck did they get such good keyboard travel in such a thin chassis? Screen's great too. The allure of the HP Omen was just too much for me, though. Screen is great, and it's probably the best chiclet keyboard in existence. I game in my free time, and that NVIDIA card came in handy for video editing, too.

They put some time into the design of it. Having used their consumer line such as flex 14, I can just tell the difference of quality control haha. It's also like 3 times expensive so maybe that's part of it haha. Never had an omen so cannot comment. They look cool tho and specs are nice for what you were doing.

you're begging on the worst board?

The most populated board, I would guess. Figured it was worth a shot. Paid off, didn't it?

If you get the chance to handle a 2014 Omen or the newest refresh with the angular body, check out the keyboard. And yeah, the specs fit my workload and hobbies perfectly. 3D modelling, gaming, video editing, browsing an insane amount of resources online with a 2nd screen, you name it, that thing could do it. If it had a waterproof keyboard, it would have been perfect.

kay boi

>Paid off, didn't it?
Your assuming that the user in this thread isn't going to dox you and pull some shit. I don't trust Sup Forums like that. Guess you do tho.

I doxxed myself, dude. All my info is easily and publicly available anyway, if you care to look. It's not like I'm internet-famous or anything. Just another writer for an Android site and a wannabe writer/songwriter.