I'm looking for some fellow addicts, or recovering addicts...

I'm looking for some fellow addicts, or recovering addicts. I've been in methadone maintenance for the past month and a half and it has been an absolute godsend as far as killing the cravings and the withdrawals, and the done even has a little glow of it's own. I'm at 70 mgs. My problem is, I see so many people in line at my clinic that are obviously not trying to get better, and that are coming in for a daily fix just in case they can't afford their dope for the day or for some reason can't get it. I've had people ask me if I could get them dope more than once, a couple ask me to sell them my take homes, and I actually almost ran into one of my old dealers parked outside the clinic this morning, but he thankfully didn't see me as he had a crowd of people around his car. There was lots of obvious handshaking and when it was over the 3 or 4 people by the car split up and got into their cars and drove off. It's really fucking discouraging. Is it like this at every methadone clinic? I'm moving pretty soon back to Grand Rapids, MI and I'm afraid it will be worse at the clinics there. I know it's not my business, and obviously I'd never call someone out or get them in trouble but I feel like it's a place I should be able to come and feel safe at. Are private clinics any better? This is a public government funded place and I only pay 17 dollars a day, and for that I get my dose, counseling and a doctor. All my blood work is paid for by the clinic etc. But I'm fairly well off financially and wouldn't mind paying a little extra to go to a private clinic just to avoid all of the negativity surrounding the place I go to. It's really heartbreaking. Any advice from anyone on MMT/sub maintenance? Is this just something I have to ignore?

Yup ignored don't get pulled back in dude. 19 I was on suboxone for a little while. I wonder if they even have methadone in canada

Yeah man I'm gonna have to. It's just discouraging. I mean, literally. When I was a full blown junkie I should have just hung out around the clinic and waited. Seems like a lot of business goes on in that parking lot. It sucks. I'm resentful because I'm trying to get better, and I have to stand behind tons of people in line, sometimes for an hour or so, who are clearly jammed out of their minds. It's like, why BOTHER even coming to a clinic if you're not trying to stay off of dope?

Is what it is man. Just don't lose sight of why ur doing it. Best of luck man fr

if you want I can tell you something that will stop your addiction completely.
It's cheap and easy and nobody in intelligent enough to work it out by themselves but me.

andys log of shit

Just think about all the shit you caused for your family and the familys you stole from.
Neck yourself

I am hereby mentally stabbing you in the face for posting such a stupid, stupid reply. Go find another thread, child.

So edgy. Eat a dick (not op, also not a cock).

My brother was a skaghead for a few years and then got onto the methadone program here in the UK, he's relapsed a couple times. But mostly it's been a successful endeavor. Problem is he's been on it for almost 8 years now and is only down to 35mg a day. I read an article about how something like 5% of recovering addicts who go on methadone actually get clean. Seems more like a short term fix.

I myself had a problem with pills. I was on heavy doses of codeine, tramadol and valium. I personally managed to get off them with kratom and weed.

The awkward methadone clinic scene is a thing here too. They watch you drink it in pharmacies, a line of addicts and recovering addicts being watched by some 25 year old pharmacist graduate in front of people at 9am is never fun. They also here gather outside and try to buy/sell whatever.

Good luck on your journey dude, be strong.

Not everyone is as poor as you, believe it or not some addicts have jobs

grow up kiddo

I was clean for 6 yrs from crack and 3from horse but I had a slip up about a week ago and it just went downhill SO fast like all my rent money (700) gone in a matter of a few hours. Too b honest I plan on an hero ring in less then an hour.

This is frequent in most methadone clinics. You're doing very well so far.
I'm on the same boat as you, been 7 months at 70mgs so far. Just keep at it, ignore these fuckers. They obviously aren't here to quit.

dont do that you will miss the good threads

>replacing an opiate with an opiate
That's dumb. Stop using opiates if you actually want to get off them.

Stream it.

Too late. Mind is made up and plan has been set in motion n I have less then an hour and even if someone gets to me b4 then it won't do any good cuz I have a four piece plan that's 3/4s thru... I also always seem to miss the good threads.

i was addicted to sucking ass logs until forever because i still am and ill never quit unlike you faggot quitters

I just got out of treatment for addiction

Quitting this way greatly increases chances of relapse

At least you're actually going to quit.

Hey bro, fellow methadone bro here. Been on it for 2.5 years now. The reason I've stayed this long on it is because I suffer from insomnia and it has helped me sleep. I am at 70mgs as well, take it orally everyday. I get my "carries" where I get a weeks worth at a time. Now I find the buzz I used to get from it is long gone after the 2 year period and it no longer helps me sleep. Now I just smoke mad "shatter" for that. I go down to 65mgs next week, wish me luck. Good luck to you, as well, bro. Methadone can be used to quit, you just have to want to do it.

Your priority is to get clean. Do whatever you think will work for you. For your own good, you need to be more selfish and self centred.

No, its not like that at every clinic. If someone asked me to slang my take homes I would punch them in the gob.

Also, regarding your old dealer. I see my old dealer(s) in my clinic all the time. It's all in your head man. If he's a good guy, don't avoid him unless you owe him money, just talk nice to him and avoid drug talk at all. Most clinics don't let drug dealings happen there cause it's supposed to be a "Safe Environment" but we all know how the real world works.

Elaborate sounding suicide there, Sup Forumsro. Care to share?

How sheltered are you? Im sure people at your clinic sell carries. I've been asked a million times, by all sorts of people...

I fucking hate you so much. this is the first time i've ever laughed at a goddamn logpost. die in a fucking fire.

Isn't kratom and weed a nice coupling? I used to take tons of painkillers and also got off them with kratom and weed. I really wish I knew about kratom earlier. OP should probably move on to kratom once hes on a low enough dose.

The only way I could stop with my fool proof plan is of someone was to help by donating to either (paymeppl:1paaypal)862oAz2JQS91F9EpGT1bAovf
CHB5YGJvo PayPal or block chain

Also where are you at where it's 17$/day? Here in Canada, if you're not on welfare it's 5$/day. If you're on welfare or have any benefits for healthcare, it's free. You could literally get pills for cheaper than your methadone, though that is not a good idea.

I can't stop you. So if you decide to proceed with your plan, all I can say is "god speed niglet."

If you're gonna kill your self, go have some fun first. Oh wait, sounds like you already did. An hero time! Can you do it on cam?

Try subs. I did and I'm close to weaning off. Best decision I've made getting off methadone (second best was stopping using and starting treatment) but yeah MMT clinics are like that man, just stay above it and you're doing good, keep it up brother

If I wasn't broke, I probably still wouldn't give you any money

just kill your self, dont beg for shit on here faggot

It's a beautiful coupling. Not sure how easy it'd be to jump from methadone to kratom at any dose, but I've read about people using it to kick heroin. It's used in, I think, Indonesia for meth addicts.

It just got made illegal here too, but it's still easy enough to get.

I'm guessing you're someone that has never taken opioids/opiates for any length of time or possibly at all.

Yes they do, it's iirc it 6 dollars a day here, it's orange and tastes like orange juice (what the drug is mixed with) a buddy of mine is on the program. I've never seen any sketchy people at the pharmacy he goes to to get his drink op, dunno how it works there but can you try different vendors in the area?

Because methadone is BOMB
I prefer a few bottles of 'done to a few seals of dope

Sure part one smoke around four fortys of crack then part two inject three times the usual amount of my long lasting insulin then after I used all the hard I take one forty of heroin and inject an entire pen of my short acting insulin and the final step is to take the final forty of H. If I do some how manage to make it to tomorrow I will jump off the local 100ft bridge.

>heroin always leads to stealing 100%
>herion changes the way the brain operates
>upon high dependancy you won't keep your job
>this will lead to severe withdrawal as you can't afford to give your body the fuel it needs to even live
>you will break and steal from anyone and everyone you can
I've had two best Freinds I tried to help, each had good jobs and prospects.
They did anything they could to feel normal.
Sounds pretty shitty when you need to be gouaced out to be normal.
Anyway they overdosed after fucking everyone over
After herion you can't recover

Fun fact; some drunk bitch jumped off of a 110ft bridge near where I live recently and she lived

Quitting heroin "cold turkey" is impossible for a lot of people. Also has the highest relapse rate. A lot of people have no idea what it's really like to suddenly stop taking a substance your body and mind have been addicted to for multiple years. Unless you've witnessed or experienced it, it's almost impossible to understand just how bad the withdrawal symptoms can be.

Share your plan with us user. Also you got like 6 months before your landlord can legally kick you out, especially with winter coming, just get your shit together and start again.

Bullshit. Your friends experiences suck but its only their experiences. Stop projecting. I know a guy who plays drums in my buddys band, he was on heroin for 4-5 years. He overdosed, actually died a few times before being resuscitated. He smokes a lot of pot still, but he's been off heroin for 5 years now killing it at work and married. So stop giving negative bullshit.

Have you ever overcome a fear and felt completely uninhibited before? After the withdrawal, look forward to it. Tell someone you need help, and do whatever it takes. Move if you have to. Stay in a friends apartment for weeks if you have to. You'll get through it, believe in you. And you'll be happy when you do.

>someone with common sense
FTFY.

Your body can't be addicted. Learn the difference between addiction and dependence. Also, there are things that actually work, like physical exercise, environmental enrichment, etc.

This. A buddy of mine was an addict for 10 years, got clean - stayed clean for nearly 16 years now and now runs his own martial arts school and has 2 kids with his doctor wife. It can be done

See

Imnot being negative as I stated herion changes the way the brain works.
I had two lifelong Freinds from the age of 5 we were as close as you can be.
Di you think myself and their familys did not try to help them?
>Pro tip don't do herion
I understand there's the aspect of people who have prescription addiction due to accidents and the fine men that come back from serving I'm combat but apart from that there's no excuse.

Shit man, you know Gerald too?!

You will be an addict forever

You cannot change the fact you are prone to sin. Accept it because I encourage it too. I'm a crippling alcoholic who drink about a fifth per day

It's in your bones

Just got back from the clinic
I'm in Colorado
We have a security guard who strictly enforces the rules
Basically if you're caught holding, asking, dealing, anything shady you're done . Kicked out cold turkey
I'm at 100mgs a day and it blocks the dope I try to do anyway
Fortunately there's never a line where I go, takes less than 5 minutes in and out

Btw here's some heroin to look at