Any tips on how one can learn self control when it comes to eating?

Any tips on how one can learn self control when it comes to eating?

I eat 2700 calories-3000 a day (or I used to)

Now I try and force myself to eat 1700+treadmill to lose weight and it is hard.

So how can a lard ass like me teach my body 1700 is enough for me and fight against the cravings

Pic not me

Other urls found in this thread:

percyswellnessjournal.blogspot.ca/2011/02/chemical-balance-diet-diet-plan-i-have.html?m=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

post a pic of yourself?

Honestly don't. Start slow and dial back your calorie intake over a period of time. If you make a drastic change your body freaks out and goes into storage mode. Do muscle training and eat high protein low fat foods. Eat 5-6 times a day but only small portions each time.

A big part of it is what you eat. Certain foods are VERY calorie density. Fast food is. Cereal is. Change what you eat. I aim for 2500/day, and some days it's tough to eat that much, eating clean. I supplement with powders for carbs or protein if I'm falling short. Also, get myFitnessPal, it's super easy and is a window into where your calories and macros are coming from

That means you've only just started. I would aim for 1500 or 1600. I know it feels like hell, but you'll get past the bump soon enough. Give it a week, two tops.
For your snacks, eat fiber rich veggies to help you feel full. Like broccoli. Saute some brussel sprouts to eat with your eggs at breakfast. Tons of fiber and protein with few calories.
Also, salsa is your friend. Salsa can give a burst of flavor to anything and it has hardly any calories at all

Do drugs
I had a heroin habit and lost 20lbs
Quit heroin
Back up 20lbs

Put down the fork. Not being sarcastic, stop eating or eat once a day, when you feel hungry just think about what a fat piece of shit you are. I lost 90 lbs just hating the way I looked.

I did this heroin now I'm look like Skeleton girl but she's hot but I'm not trap

This is good advice.. Except eating 1500 with exercise isn't healthy. 1500 is okay if you don't exercise.. But if you do... 1800

What kind of salsa is your favorite? Ps thanks everyone.

Something tells me you never quit heroin lol

Cut out sugar

strategy of burnt ships

One way you might try is a keto diet. I'm about a month into mine, and I'm feeling way less hungry/fewer cravings than I used to. The weight loss is also pretty rapid.

It does take more planning and cooking than just eating less, but I find it easier to stick to.

good advice. self-loathing can be a great motivator but most people don't know how to use it.

Google "4 week chemical diet". I dropped 25 lbs. in 4 weeks. This shit works. All u need is willpower and motivation.

Cut down on sugar drastically, cut down on carbs, moderately and get away from screens. TV/Phone/Laptop/Tablet.

Shit food is shit food. Pizza, donuts, cookies, cake, ice cream, candy. All shit. Get up and move. When you're outside being active you are not eating.

Lose the treadmill and walk outside.
Take up a hobby that you can get into. The more you lose track of time, the less you eat.
Get busy - the more busy you are, the less you think about eating.
That's how I went from 250lbs to 180.

Okay OP you can't just go from 3000 to 1700 + treadmill it's just gonna be too hard for you, do this progressively, okay?

I used to be 300+ and now I’m 155.

All I did was diet and exercise. Portion sizes are a huge huge huge part of it. Also eat SLOWLY so your stomach has time to communicate to your brain that it is filling up.

Tip - don’t use exercise machines forever. They help you out more than you think. Get started and when you see results run outside instead of a treadmill.

Tip 2 - make exercise fun. Even though I’m at 155 now I still exercise regularly. I hated going to the gym, I saw it as a chore and something I hated. Instead I started going hiking. I love hiking, I don’t see it as a chore, I see it as a fun activity.

Pic related it is me

Fuck up your metab... Body stores all the fat you eat, can't lose lbs... Get desperate and start eating once every 2 days, ect. Still fails and you have no energy.

Heres the link
percyswellnessjournal.blogspot.ca/2011/02/chemical-balance-diet-diet-plan-i-have.html?m=1

Listen here little bitch cut calories every two weeks by 250 calories and you won’t starve and you will continue to loose weight

Trust me I’m not as fat as you

what is your loose skin like m8? pics? age?

Keto. I eat whenever I'm hungry (and only when I'm hungry), and I'm still losing weight at around 3 pounds per week. The traditional diet I did for a long time and I was always hungry and miserable, even after I got down to maintenance. Gained it all back because I got sick and tired being hungry all the time. Now I'm doing keto, and I'm loving it so far.

Keep up with the exercise. Consider doing some lifting too.

Not OP but is good if you live near mountains and stuff but not some shit hole like nyc.

How long you been at 155? I heard people who lose weight just get it back

Fatty detected.

I am 30. It took years to lose. Loose skin on my abdomen sucks. I wish I didn’t have it, unfortunately it still holds me back in confidence.

No lie I've been doing the same diet this year at 1600 cals. I just went to the store and bought a shit load of foods with 350 or less calories. Doesn't matter if it's processed or whatever.

I next stopped eating 3 meals a day. I've been eating on regular 5. So each meal is generally less than 350 calories. It's a lot easier to get to your next meal when you arn't waiting 5-6 hours since you're probably eating 3 times a day. Not only that, but eating more often during the day speeds up your metabolism.

Pic related it's one of my regular meals. I also work out 4 times a week and run 6/7 days a week, but that's been after months of doing it now. I started with 30 mins of walk/jog a day, but the diet is what's truly important.

I've been eating 500-600 calories a day and have lost 44 pounds in almost 2 months

start exercising as soon as you can it's the most important it'll help you feel better mentally and stop feeling sluggish and bad about yourself feeling good helps you stay motivated,

other than that ignore all these faggots set up a daily schedule for yourself do it for a week (include meals on your schedule that are your recommend daily limit of calories) include exercise regimes aswell both gym and switch up working out with walks and running so it doesn't become a chore then just follow it
you'll see honest improvements in about a year from now I used to be fat myself now I'm slim and fit after quitting cigarettes and junk food I started working on myself,
you can do it user you've just learnt a submissive behaviour pattern of saying you can't do it to yourself maybe get a personal trainer and take choice out for it if you really really lack the will power, good luck bro

ITT: horrible advice.
Ignore these niggers and go to /fit/. There read the sticky. You gotta cut slow figure your TDEE and reduce calorie intake by 500 or so. If you intake less calories than your TDEE you WILL lose weight, but dont starve yourself or you'll rebound HARD
Also fuck you for ever getting fat in the first place, loser.

How the fuck are you eating under 3k kcal and think you're a lardass? Are you 5 feet tall or something? I'm having to stuff myself with 4.5k kcal per day to slowly gain muscle mass while working out at 5'10 173lbs.

Instead of buying that boxed in such a small portion and expensive... Do it yourself. It isn't hard

Nigga you are just straight up dumb

I'm not the hiker user, but I agree with him and can offer this: find something you like doing. For me, lifting is a chore. I do it 5-6 days a week, but only because I'm vain. I also play judo and jujitsu, and that's fun. It's a hell of a workout, but it's not boring as fuck (to me) and I actually look forward to it. Just find something you can get into. NY has to have a ton of good boxing gyms, bjj, martial arts, indoor climbing, anything thats physical that you enjoy. Do it.

Honestly you just have to want it more. Do you want to eat or be fit? If you want to be fit you have to eat less. If you don't care you can keep eating whatever. If you want to be fit bad enough, you will eat less and ignore your hunger cravings. If you don't want it bad enough you will eat anyway. Choose whichever lifestyle you want and stick to it, its not rocket science.

Have you even read the advice here? A lot of it is just what you said. You think that theres no overlap of Sup Forums and /fit/?

I’ve been at 155 a few years now. Yea a lot of people end up gaining it back because they are either lazy, unmotivated, undisciplined or all of the above. Everyone is different though.

Even if you don’t live near mountains it’s ok. Fuck playing basketball and swimming is quite good exercise. When I don’t go hiking I go on long 3 hour walks around my city all the time. What I’ll do is I go in these 3 hour 10 mile walks while listening to a podcast or an ebook. Depending on your weight the rule of thumb is 70-120 calories burned per mile walking. It varies based on speed and weight.

Also this guy said it perfectly. Get involved and do more activities. So many people are fat fucks because they eat because they’re bored and when they’re not hungry. Being out of the house engaged in something will keep you from eating.

I heard something once. If you feel like eating: think of fruit. If the fruit sounds appetizing then you’re hungry. If the fruit doesn’t sound appetizing then you’re bored.

People who gain it all back are the idiots who think just because they're 155 now that they can just start shoveling down food again while sitting on their ass and not gain weight. People have to realize that being healthy isn't a destination after a dieting period, it's a lifestyle. You need to keep it up afterwards too.

Self control is built through the attempt at having self control.

First thing to do is be honest with yourself. Are you trying to lose weight? Shut the fuck up, you know you haven't really tried. Could you starve yourself to death if one of your family members needed that food more than you? Absolutely.

You have the self control in you already, you just aren't willing to sacrifice enough of your comfort to express that inherited self control.

Schedule time each day to exercise for 45 mins. If that cuts into a TV program, fuck it, that is your holy sacrifice. If the exercise cuts into time with your friends, fuck it, that is your holy sacrifice. If you feel hungry after a meal but you know you ate the right amount to stay on a 1600 calorie total for the day, FUCK IT, that hunger is now your holy sacrifice and if you coddle yourself and steal that opportunity for a holy sacrifice from the alter by eating like a pig or being lazy on the couch, you sin against the loving and driving part of yourself you've ignored for years. The loving part of you needs your sacrifice to grow in strength so it can take over your sloppy ass life.

You gain self control by willing yourself to sacrifice your comfort. Pussy. Now get to work.

losing weight is rocket science

Ever hear of metabolism? That is the most important factor.

Keep at it. For me it helped to make sure I had the proper amount of water and fiber daily. Big glass of water before each meal helps quite a bit.

Fart more you appear to be full of shit

You're retarded. Intake less calories than you use and you will lose weight. Your body burns a fuckton just sitting on your ass to regulate body temperature and go through involuntary functions.

KETO AND INTERMITTENT FASTING

Honestly, it's actually so fucking easy to just not eat as much, holy shit. I've lost a stone in the last two months from just doing intermittent fasting - I've been eating one large meal packed with protein and vegetables a day and the pounds have just been dropping off.

Stop being a glutenous fuck for once and the cravings will stop for good after a week or two.

They're 84 cents each dog, literally the cheapest thing in the freezer section. One of the reasons I stayed fat for so long, was because of food prep, or I make way too much. With prepackaged meals you can easily calorie count and you don't spend as much time in the kitchen, which is where I go to snack.

Simple not easy

I like the way you put it
Thanks m8

It really is actually easy, if you want a snack, just ask yourself if you'd rather stay fat and eat unhealthy snacks or be fit and healthy. The answer should be pretty obvious.

Not OP but I tried this intermittent fasting shit. You mean just one whole big meal and eating all your calories in one sitting right? It just makes me hungry again. Best to break up multiple meals a day

Yeah I guess that's the benifets of it... The calories are right there on the label instead of figuring out every shit individually when you prep it homemade. Those are like 2 bucks at my supermsrket. No Walmart of anything in my city so yeah

Simple but not easy

Keep telling yourself that if that's what you need to do in order to justify your obesity, buddy.

I'm not op I'm slim, you're just ignorant of basic words and concepts

If you don't think that it's legitimately EASY to just not shove food down your throat constantly then you're definitely not slim.

That's like saying it's easy for a smoker to just stop smoking cigarettes lmfao kys

>implying you can be addicted to eating shit food unless you're a fat weak willed bitch

lmao neck urself

Wow you really are retarded, yeah I'm sure someone who's never seen me in person it's gonna have an accurate idea of my body, I'm 6ft2 10 stone been slim my entire life kek wtf

Is*
Holy shit I'm catching it now

It's easy OP. I'm more or less in the same situation as you are. I always have tons of fresh, raw vegetables in my fridge, and bring some of them to eat at work as a lunch. My coworkers find it funny and it now has become common. I eat several raw carrots everyday, along with an egg, sometimes a small slice of ham, a few tomatoes. Of course when I come back home at the end of the day I sometimes eat something more solid, but the overall calories per day is still significantly low, esp. compared to what I used to eat.

When you're hungry, instead of shoveling down a pizza, shovel down a bowl of spinach or broccoli (raw or steamed). Makes you full and it isn't bad for you. If you think it's bland, put a little bit of light vinaigrette on it

Dump All sugar, bread, carbs in general. High Fat very low carb diet and some exercise and the pounds will fly off. HTH

OK broccoli taste like shit alone unless it's with Chinese food (rice with chicken). What is a healthy way to eat broccoli that dosnt taste like shit

Eat better food. Food is not white processed carbs soaked in fat and greasy steak...

Eat lean meat, fish, some eggs and lot of vegetables. Only add carbs like brown rice on days when you exercise. I doubt you are even able to exercise because most fat people don't have a healthy foundation.

It's not that hard if you keep eating filling foods.

Breakfast: 4 boiled eggs, celery, broccoli + chili and olive oil.
Dinner: Salad and chicken breast or two + olive oil
Evening: Salad and salmon.
Snack: Almonds/nuts

The fact you are asking it on Sup Forums means you don't necessarily give a fuck. There are tons of good resources available. Also, start walking to work at least 3 days a week or something.

There is no need to count calories if you eat this way... You are just being retard.

idk, I like to eat them raw or steamed. You could add some soy sauce or a teriyaki glaze or any other type of savory sauce that isn't packed with sugar, the salt won't kill you unless you're eat way more salt in other meals. When I eat them with salmon I usually just add whatever glaze I add to salmon over them, let them soak then steam them. the florets save the flavor.

Read 4 hour body by Tim Farris

Looks like someone's been skipping leg day in favour of dem guns

Read "The Obesity Code" by Jason Fung.

Do any of. You know any low carb alternatives to pasta/spaghetti /rice? Generally I like to eat meat like chicken breast mixed in with spaghetti or rice.. So yeah what is a keto altern to high carb stuff like spaghetti and rice?