show me your biggest letdown of forever

heres mine.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ILZ1C67LRGw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

king of limbs

here come the pleb filter comments

How can you /thread a thread in the OP?

All you do is demand and you sit here all day contributing nothing to society.

At least be a critic like Fandango or Scaruffi, they break balls and rustle my eternal jimmies.

But Björk and I are part of the triumvirate, our jimmies are eternal for none can rustle the triumvirate, the three ring circus sideshow of freaks!

A triangle forms a circle if you spin it.

i actually really like this album

youtube.com/watch?v=ILZ1C67LRGw

Disappointment of the decade desu

why did they think making a Gorillaz album with barely any 2D would be a good idea

if i wanted to hear those other artists id listen to their albums

>17 years to get inside the house
>it sucks

You posted it.
It broke the band for me. No longer have any interest in anything they do from here on out.
Lustened to that shit 5 times, desperately wanted to like it.
I hate it. Fucking terrible.
Fuck you, Albarn.

There are some good songs like that one, but compared to the rest of Mew's discography the songwriting feels so much less engaging. Much of the album just bleeds together for me. I do have strong nostalgia goggles for their older music

did you like +/-

I sort of forgot it existed. I don't even remember what it sounds like, haven't listened to it since it came out

This and Yeezus. I go back with both artists to my teenage years, Late Registration and Demon Days were my shit when I was 14/15. But man, both those albums made me do double takes with how bad they were on first listen. I think Humanz takes the cake though, at least a few songs on Yeezus grew on me whereas Sleeping Powder by itself is worth more than anything on Humanz' shitshow.

>expecting something Damon Albarn worked on to be good

Even if you don't like Damon it's not normally THIS bad. Humanz is transcendent levels of awful if you have the slightest semblance of taste and self-awareness.

ST, Demon Days and Plastic Beach exists

>Expecting something from one the most consistently good artists of the last 20+ years

They always sucked anyways

Oasis > Blur > Gorillaz

Deal with it

I was a little disappointed too

Really let down by the new Avalanches album too

Liam, go to bed mate

I feel like The Magic Whip and Everyday Robots are better follow-ups to Plastic Beach than The Fall and Humanz are, but at least The Fall was transparent about what it was. Humanz was supposed to be the next big release from Gorillaz so it has no excuse.

Agreed 100% user.
Humanz is far and away their worse, and even if it wasn't Gorillaz, it's just a flat out awful album.
What the fuck was Damon thinking? Seriously.

From the looks of it, he cobbled together a set of up and coming artists that his daughter likes and combined that with his view on the state of current affairs. Now, separately these ideas aren't the worst - A Damon-produced mixtape free of political rambling could be okay, inconsequential at worst while on the flipside let's be honest - Gorillaz has been political since at least Demon Days but he had the artistic direction and raw talent to back it up, and it's not like we haven't gotten decent songs White Flag, Dirty Harry or Stop The Dams out of it. Points for taking a gamble and doing something a little different but the idea was ill conceived from the word "go".

King of Limbs

Those albums are bad tho

good write up

Naw man

Try it again user

yeah, it's a 6/10 album

Fuck this album

It has the generous pop hooks of Congratulations and the detailed, hi-fi production of Oracular Spectacular.

My life.

The people shitting on Alice Glass' EP don't know how good they have it.

Absolute garbage, and his soon-to-be released project is shaping up to a disappointment. DOOM you better fucking call Madlib up.

>Gorillaz has been political since at least Demon Days
Mate, Damon has been political in his songs since 19 fucking 93

Fuck off, wots ya name? Fred? Imma Fread ya through the fuckin' needle of life ya fuckin' cunt.