Do you guys think its pretty much pointless and degenerate to learn second or third language seeing how the technology...

Do you guys think its pretty much pointless and degenerate to learn second or third language seeing how the technology will break the language barrier soon?

pretty much, I can speak any language albeit shittily via google so what is the point?

It's always a talking point for foreigners, they see it as bragging rights. I personally don't see it as a sign of intelligence. Lots of multi-language groups in canada, and lots of dumb as fuck people as well. I'm sure you have noticed.

i speak fluently greek, german and english and it still feels lacking a lot of times. Thinking of learning an asian language. I guess japanese? But there's no point in that.

What i am trying to say is that, you have to be able to speak minimum two languages in this day and age.

You don't speak English very well lad.

>>Being dependent on technology to communicate
>>Shit hits the fan
>>No acceess to "muh interweb"
>>No ability to properly communicate properly with other non-native language speaking people.

>Learning
>Degenerate

Truly modern society is doomed

You're not very good at krieg lady.

>learn gook language to get laid in Asia
>go there
>everyone speaks English

It's such a waste of time when there is so much else to learn.

It's good for learning the truth of how grammar works, but honestly, that's it.

The language wars are over and English won. Speaking anything else is an expression of pure butthurt.

It's good for your brain to be able to speak more than one, especially if you learn as an adult. It will open up your mind to the abstract nature of language and the impossibility of translation.

Relying on Google can be awful for certain translations. Japanese to English (and reverse) is completely unusable. Even when the day comes that you have real time flawless colloquial translation (many many years off) you still miss a lot of nuance.

Is learning another language the most necessary thing in the world? Probably not. But it can be helpful, if only as a notch on your resume.

>Do you guys think its pretty much pointless and degenerate to learn second or third language

the world needs to be nuked if current generations think like this

I change my place of living all the time and I can tell you that learning new languages changes your way of thinking a bit. For example japanese grammar is constructed to not give direct answers and avoid conflicts.

After learning Swedish - I've become a cuck.

>technology will break the language barrier
??????????

If we solve this problem, public key encryption becomes broken and then we have much bigger problems

We should all be destroyed for not wanting to learn mounted archery, too.

Public key encryption is guaranteed broken once quantum computing arrives.

> stays there
> gooks plan behind gaijins back how can they kidnapped and harvest organs in gook lenguaje
> gaijin wakes up with out kidneys next day.

if only you knew when to run

Can i get a japanese gf if i dont speak nipon?

You should learn Arabic, since that will be what the majority of your population speaks in a couple generations.

You fucking Autistic piece of shit.

Learning a language isn't for bragging rights or for utility. It's about establishing relationships and fostering a strong, healthy repertoire with another human being.

I don't expect you Autistic, American fucks that are found on Sup Forums to understand how important language is to your fellow human being.

I don't understand what you're trying to imply with this.
When quantum computing arrives inherently quantum encryption will become a thing, don't ask me how it sounds weird as fuck thinking about how this should be achieved but I believe!

>Do you guys think its pretty much pointless and degenerate to learn second or third language seeing how the technology will break the language barrier soon?

Any Tech can break down, why not have extra manual skills? After all it would suck if you only do math without a calculator.

Yes, learning another language is degenerate. Why would you ever need another language? I would never leave my country so why would I need to speak anything else than German?

Wtf are you two on about? What do languages have to do with encryption?

I learn English and German but only because is usefull, otherwise I don't understand what they say. I may learn Arabic, same reason, alot of webs are in thoses lenguages.

Is funny though, that most of the people who don't want to learn other lenguages are Americans. Maybe is true what they say uh.

well, language and encryption both have mathematical foundations, think of it in a more lexicographical way.
You're right though we are digressing.

fpbp

But oh wait it's actually intelligent reply so none >>'s to be seen.

dude can you imagine quantum encryption?
that shit will be like unbreakable and stuff

You should at least speak two languages fluently, better three.

Wanted to learn a second language last month. Ended up learning to code instead. Way more useful.

most Americans are mentally lazy cus they have grown used to people bringing shit to them some are very smart and make good use of the resources they have laying about.

I truly believe 20% of smart America pays for the welfare of the red states so they can brag about them gunz and shiiit

¿Habla español?

Japanese is shit. the only value would be understanding japanese raw anime and games that have never been translated.

Why? I speak English. There is literally no reason for me to be able to speak anything else.

everyone is going to have an augmented reality translator within 10 years that will subtitle everything you're saying. all the pretentious fucks that wasted time learning swahili will be utterly devastated and butthurt.

I was in the process of learning Deutsche but I see no point in continuing as this will be an obsolete language whithin my life time and fuck learning Arabic or Mandarin.

then so is math, physics, biology ...etc
also i see "pointless" but degenerate ?

>learning a language
>degenerate
either you are a retard or degenerate is now a meaningless buzzword

For English speakers, definitely.

There is a huge difference between having the ability for immediate language contact and only being able to have second-hand contact via technology that makes the foreign language somewhat understandable and not completely out of reach. The idea that any technological trick can substitute for actual knowledge of the language is the preposterous notion of someone speaking from ignorance.

I wouldn't give up my knowledge of even languages like Spanish that are fairly well translated via google magic. To rely on tech means you will never be able to really access the culture that the language carries. Language is not mere code. To actually know a language is completely different from pale technological reflections of it for the sake of some intelligibility and communication.

start learning arabic, helmut. it will come in handy. your mother merkel is already taking arabic lessons.

>technology will do it for us
As a linguist, no. Not in our lifetime.

>Is learning simple math degenerate now I have a calculator on my phone?
>Is attempting to expand and having a braod vocabulary degenerate when I can just google a thesaurus?
>Is learning to cook degenerate when McDolans is round every corner?
No Op, YOU are the degenerate

>access the culture

I eat boiled goat, just like a squatting tribesman.

>muh multi-culturalism is way far advanced than yours, man.

Cool story, bro. You're butthurt because of your own ignorance. That's what it is. The way it works is like this: You're missing out on something, but in your mind that just isn't an acceptable situation because it makes you feel inadequate and uncomfortable. So you have to find an angle that enables you to claim you're not missing out and that the person who causes the discomfort is actually just a pretentious prick. Many people do that. I think it's plebeian-tier behavior, as small-minded as it is foolish because it's the type of rationalization that hinders personal development and locks people into their own ignorance. It can even be a cultural trait. Like with low-class American blacks who denigrate their peers who try to improve themselves. Why do they do it? Because it makes themselves feel inadequate.

Of course there's no obligation to learn any foreign languages or anything else for that matter. That's up to the individual to decide. But not learning while pretending it's all useless and cannot be deeply meaningful and enlightening, well, that's just plain old foolishness.

>implying everyone relevant doesn't speak English already

fucking rekt OP

Why are we letting stoned people on Sup Forums

The language barrier has NOTHING to do with public key encryption. PKE relies on the hardness of factoring large prime numbers, breaking that requires a mathematical function that works in polynomial time.

Shors algorithm executes on quantum computers in polynomial time but requires a quantum computer to operate on a large number of bits, which we currently do not have.

Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) is hardened against shors algorithm and so isn't crackable with any known algorithm and quantum computing.