>Finds out friend is suicidal
>messages friend to help them out
>friend ignores my "hey hows it going" message
>tfw

tldr - times we try be nice but nothing happens or it turns around

and now you're suicidal
it's contagious ,i knew it
get the fuck out of here ,don't splash your suicide germes

They just want the attention for being suicidal, they arent wanting an outreach.

its not even like friend is super popular cool amaze person. its jsut a friend of mine lmao. fuck poeple.

To give perspective on the other side of the equation, sometimes I don't reply because I'm just stuck in hating my life and don't want to be depressing to anyone but myself.
I have been on both sides and had a chick slit her wrists and send me pics on several occasions.

but im a nice person! i wanna fuckin help. and person rarely messages me back when i message them on occasion.

Doesn't mean they see it that way. And you can only help someone who wants it. You can't carry someone out of depression.

but i wanna be there for them. like if they need to talk about it. i know most things i need a nudge to do, and if i get the push to do something ill do it. ive contacted beyondtheblue and all these other fuckers for advice and like. i cant do any of it if they just choose to fuckin be depresses.

You're assuming their experience is the same as your own.
And shit, I could talk about if for days. Still won't change, because I won't put in the effort.
You're assuming a lot about someone who normally won't always respond to you.

> i cant do any of it if they just choose to fuckin be depresses.
exactly.
And yet they've chosen so.
Take your consequences.
Offer help when it's asked for.
Don't push it onto them.
They will reject it, fall deeper down their own rabbit hole, and you will feel worse than before.
Pull yourself out of other peoples problems.
Never engage without being asked for.

yea but like friend wont ask for help cos they keep it to themselves. im worried about them, im asking if theyre ok, but they choose to not give a fuck lmao.

ive known them for a few years, traveled with them. and now that i could be there for them they just choose not have any help. yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

a few days ago i asked a different friend how theyre going cos he said he was having it rough and we had a chat about it.
im genuinly worried about this friend and im being cucked.

...yeah, basically. It's their choice to not accept or ask for help, and given that, you CAN'T help. Period.

Emotions don't have to conform to logic or your desires. M

>lmao
stop typing like a child.
Become an adult.
Then you'll also see that there is nothing you can do beyond asking them to seek professional help. If they refuse, you need to accept that and move on.

I learned this the hard way.
It really is the only way to deal with depressive people without destroying yourself, or worsening the situation for them. If they are ready to take your help, they will contact you.

Tell him kys fag from a burner phone for a few days. There, solved your problem.

Send them a good old fashioned "kys fagget." That'll get a response.

this might work.
either they off themselves, or they muster the strength to resist this attack and seek professional help because of it, which will eventually lead to them becoming worthwhile people.

Win/win in either case.
Do it, faggot.

post their dox, OP.
We will solve this problem immediately.

im trusting a Sup Forumstards advice. ok thanks user

and i am still a child. i live at home wihtout a job jackin it.

>knows friend is suicidal
>still beats around the bush asking "how's it going?"
You should have tried to just go into it. Either they really want to be dead and nothing would make a difference or they're waiting for someone to open a dialogue about it.

then focus on yourself and don't get engulfed by other peoples problems, especially if they clearly avoid your interference.
Good luck with this friend. Prepare yourself emotionally to lose them. Even if it doesn't happen, understand that your life is more important (for you) than the lives of anyone else, simply because it's the only life you have full controll over. Take it, grow stronger, and get a solid footing at life.
Doing so will also leave the impression that you are capable to help, increasing the likelyhood of leeches trying to latch onto you, as well as genuine help-seekers to listen to you.

Learn to sort them out.
Good luck.

how i found out about it was a bit meta.
i planned on the convo going like
"hey howsit going"
"not too good" > get into it
"yea good"
"yea? well such and such, such etc etc ?"
blah blah fuck

can you be my dad. i need inspiration more often.
ily user.

oh but yea ill do that. thanks. i really mean it.

They way we've been (and still are) raised, do you EVER expect anybody to answer "how are you?" with ANYHING other than "good"? Can you honestly say YOU would?

thx, gives me confidence that my wish to be a dad is not just a skycastle.

np.

yea i generally answer honestly if im willing to be open with that person. if my best friend asked how im doing ill say "yea ya know"

And if he doesn't "know"?

What I'm trying to get at is not to treat someone suicidal/depressed like they're inherently different than "normal" people and to try and consider how they're thinking.

id message them like
"hey i noticed your post here and there, got me a bit worried, how are you holding up?"

actually fuck why didnt i just straight up message them with that. fuck