What made you become an atheist?

What made you become an atheist?

I became one at age 12.

Reason: Mother didnt buy me a PS2 for my birthday and got me a Xbox instead with a gay game called Halo.

This extreme injustice done to me made me realize that there is no god. If I had gotten it I would still believe.

What about you? What made you not believe in god?

Did your crush in high school turn your down? Did your mommy not buy you a toy? Didn't buy the correct toy? Did your barista not give you the right drink that made you stop believing in god?

Did the fact that nobody wants to fuck you turn you into an Atheist?

What was it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bNs2pgFhaPw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

never really believed in god from pretty much the beginning, the same way I didn't with santa claus. As a 6 year old (or whatever age) I knew we had gone on family vacations and taken days to drive across the states. I was like bullshit santa can go to every house in one night, that'd take forever. And bullshit god exists, every story is just so far fetched.

I don't know why I didn't believe "he can do it because he's god" or "santa is magical", I just genuinely never bought in to it. I really don't even mean to sound like I was le intelligent sophisticated child, I just didn't buy in to it.

>mfw I make a real reply to this bait post

For me it was getting sober from 13 years of drug and alcohol abuse, going back to school, getting a masters degree, falling in love for the first time, repairing my relationship with my family, and realizing a god had nothing to do with any of it.

The 12 steps in AA really make you examine your relationship with a higher power. It was this, education, and thinking with a clear, sober head which made me realize there was no god, and faith in myself and others is far more fulfilling.

ITT: sad betas explain how there could not be a god cruel enough to create them.

>sad betas

Lol, I don't think you read my post.

Parents didn't.
Then I read Hume when I was a young teen, and that was that.

ITT: sad beta creates thread waiting excitedly to make the "ITT" comment he spent last night working on with his good pal, god

About 5 years ago I stopped by a Sonic. They were out of tater tots. I knew right then and there that there was no god.

Fuck athiests, they're faggot ass liberals who believe that everyone owes them something because of "X" reason.

Fuck them all.

Lol check out this pissed off Christ cuck! Hurts when people challenge your delusions, doesn't it you weak minded faggot?

HAHA I GET IT BECAUSE ATHEISTS ARE JUST ANGRY AT GOD FOR NOT GETTING THEIR WAY, RIGHT? I'VE NEVER HEARD THAT ONE BEFORE! AND I MOST CERTAINLY DIDN'T HEAR IT THE OTHER 50 TIMES YOU'VE ASKED THIS SAME QUESTION

I was lying in bed one night after 35 years as a believer when I suddenly realized how utterly preposterous the God claim and the claims of the world's religions in general are.

Realizes I'm too boring and the atheist lifestyle seemed edgy enough

I have 9216 points of karma on r/atheism btw

I became an atheist because my mom didn't buy me a nerf gun in the 5th grade.

I prayed to god for it and he didn't give it to me or make my mom buy it for me.

Had I gotten that nerf gun I would still be in church, making a career for myself, and living in my own home.

Serves you right mom and dad!

Fuck you for not buying me my nerf gun!

I sure showed you two!

Atheism is retarded, Christianity is more retarded. Religion itself sucks.

Spirituality however is a beautiful thing, and explainable through science. Especially Quantum Physics.

> What made you not believe in god?
Well, I was born like this and no one ever bothered changing my mind.

Today, I am 36 and an old fag and haven't seen God yet.

No evidence, no reason to believe in it.
But since I had a lucky start without being brainwashed, I think I am not your target audience.

Still not a good reason not to believe in god.

Unlike my reason.

I became an atheist because I tried looking for glazed pecans to put on my salad while at Wegmans and couldn't find any.

Right then and there I became an atheist.

Can't be mad at a non-existent being.
I'm more pissed my parents dragged me along this christianity shit fest, and tried to indoctrinate me in it.

Nobody likes having their legs pulled.

user, never go full nigger-faggot

"Spirituality however...glahblahgaaggh"

Get the dick out of your mouth nigga.

>athiest
*autist

I fixed your posts.

When did you become a Christian to catholic.

Was the minister or priest's dick so tasty you decided god must be real?

It's GAHHDS WILL I PUT MY PENIS IN THAT 13 year old Butthole and make it...HOLY.

Praise Jesus hallelujah!

How come, someone needs a reason not to believe in something when just ignoring the unproven claims does not even slightly bother one's life to begin with ?

No proof of God figured there were better things to waste my life believing

I do not consider myself an atheist. I just do not play the game.

please stop trying to divide the crowds into believers and atheists.

I became an atheist when I realized there is literally not even one good reason to believe in God.

>fear of death
>childhood indoctrination
>lack of ethical/moral understanding
>the temptation to prefer a bad explanation over no explanation at all

Every reason for believing in God is a bad reason.

I stopped believing in god when my cousin beat me in Mortal Kombat 2 in the 1990s before the internet.

I thought I was the best there was in MK2.....

Until he ruined everything!

Now I don't believe in god!

Boy did I show him!

I think it is kind of sad that you need some story about a god making you on purpose to make you feel special.

Kinda sad that you only don't believe in god because you want to stick it to your parents and other forms of authority.

Just because Mary Sue turned you down in school and because you didn't get the correct Final Fantasy game on your PS1.

Whether you consider yourself one doesn't matter. If you "do not play the game", it follows that you don't believe and are in fact an atheist.

How can there be a god when there's no half life 3?

My parents aren't believers either user, they did support me in reading up on a bunch of religions though when the subject interested me in my early teens. I can't count how many books my dad loaned from the library in order to let me read up on religion.
My disbelief has nothing to do with sticking it to authority, it's about no one providing me credible evidence for this sort of belief.
You're making a straw man out of atheists by claiming they do it out of spite, some do granted, but most of us just can't conjure up the faith needed to believe.
I tried man, I saw how other people seemed to derive happiness from it, but when I read up on what they believed in, it actually just baffled me that they could have faith in that stuff at all.
Now I know you were being all hyperbolic and shit to rile me up, but I decided to answer genuinely.

There can be no concrete proof that God exists.
There can be no concrete proof that He does not exist.

Arguing over this is retarded.

So you're an atheist because your mad that your parents made you read some library books?

Sounds tough man, no wonder you don't believe in god.

You sure stuck it to the man in the end though.

I love how that's the only way you dumb christians can even describe atheists.

Because of an unobtainaned game system or being turned down by a girl

It's almost as if it's just you projecting your feelings becuae Bible school made you autistic and not able to relate to normal people.

But what else besides hacky/cringy jokes would you expect from a religious cuck.

It's not atheists making a positive claim that a god exists. There can be no concrete proof that the easter bunny does not exist. Doesn't mean we should just give special privileges in society to the people who do believe in the easter bunny.

Logic thinking, honestly only someone really stupid would believe in something told to them and when asking why the reason is a because yes. A normal man should be able to think for themselves instead of using the same exact answer for happiness or frustration.

>I think that I've always been an atheist but what really conforted me was when I died when I was 14. When you experienced what is after life, you do know there is no god.

I tend to agree with you, but then op comes along and tells me my reasons for not believing are something completely different and as an insomniafag, I cannot let that stand.
You're still trying to wind me up user, my atheist parents enabled me looking into religion because they thought whether or not I believed should be my choice.
I'm still not rebelling against god as an authority figure, because that would entail I was a theist with a grudge and not an indifferent atheist.

Did I just turn you into an athiest?

Oh shit man!

Better stick it to me real quick and become an athiest!

You have to be a retarded, autistic cock sucking goblin to believe in god.

Good thing I am one. I Love religion and God all the power fetishism gets me so fucking hard. EspeciAlly when the older priests abuse their position to glide their fingers over my altar boi pucci. God and religion were specially made to satisfy our holy desires. God made it possible to keep my daddy dom sexual escapades from the rest of the community. Ever wonder why they're called Christ fags everyone's in on the lifestyle even OP.

We're all just God and cock hungry little sissy sluts for jesus and priests. Amen

Pfffft atheists are pathetic and angry because they don't get and holy robed cock from the jesus feeling his holy cum enter your shrine pucci of worship.

God exists if not then only a calculatory manifestation of god exists that makes creation possible. Infact its alot like a particle that energizes itself but written in an equation that represents the universe. That is the theory of what god is anyway. There are several little particles that manipulate the interpretation of the definitive state of the god particle however...like an electron cloud of faggots and anti try hards. Imagine you are a speck and in gods cloud of other specks they are constantly but ramming you in the locker room before practice Every fucking time shit starts to get biblical until you pass out. Only to wake up in the left overs at the same stadium every time, like fucking faithless stupid blood clot atheists do.

Because I’m not retarded. I also don’t believe in leprechauns or the tooth fairy.

People should base beliefs are testable, provable theories. Blind faith is toxic.

Wind up athiests!

Wohoo!!!!

Oh god pls jesus Cummies. Thread

Hello Deepak

I do believe in God because a prayer is much cheaper than really helping people.
And I never slept better since I knew I do not take any responsibility for my life or the life of others,

Hey OP, here's a good video about athiesm.

youtube.com/watch?v=bNs2pgFhaPw

Of course that's true spics niggers and mudslimes reproduce at an alarming rate. Atheism is decreasing as a % of the population. Spics and mudslimes fuck anything that moves and don't use condoms donkeys and goats.

Atheism is going up amongst civilized people. It's just that the animals breed too fast

Man I should've guessed BPS would be an agnostic and somehow deriving a sense of superiority from it.

>I consider myself an agnostic
confirmed shit-for-brains

Go ahead and explain how quantum physics supports spiritualism, but not Christianity.

so if you had gotten a ps2 you would have willingly stayed stupid. sums up the sony fanboys pretty well to be fair.

Was tearing me apart. Made me feel guilty to do anything, and was always questioning how situations would result me going to heaven or hell. Had it forced on me from a young age, and I'm glad I finally dropped it

Are you a console faggot trying to act superior to another console faggot?
I guess we can't all be pc master races.

>People should base beliefs are testable, provable theories

This sentiment cannot itself be tested or proved. Funny how much blind faith you put into empirical data.

I can't understand how anyone wants to be atheist God just wants to give you cummies in your tummy and boi pucci

u wot m9?

>What made you become an atheist?
I was born in Sweden. Grew up in Norway. Spent 5 years on Iceland.
Literally zero contact with religious people.
I don't know anyone who is religious.

Der er da ellers masser af religiose folk her i skandinavien. Jeg har personligt måttet skræmme jehovas vidner væk fordi jeg var træt af at de kom og vækkede mig I weekenden.

You just turned him into an athiest because of your amazing looking PC.

He's gona show you!

i found religion to be stupid. my dad made me go to church i found it boring.

i had a near death experience i saw the light, saw some pretty angels. they were a bunch of blonde hair girls.

>if we just keep calling atheists le funny names, we won't have to lose more arguments with them!

kek, religitards keep crying

religion is for the weak minded and low intellect. and occasionally nonces

I only considered myself and atheist when I was like 11-12. After that I realized how dumb it was.

There is no way to prove or disprove the existence of God. And the human brain is incapable of comprehending anything without causation. I really stopped caring about theist and atheistic religions after the age of 14 and started focusing on my life. Did me a lot of good.

Well everything does have a cause, it's whether or not that cause is sentient that is the point of contention.

I was never religious to begin with. Not many people in my country are.
First time I had to deal with religion was in school when some priest dude came and talked about the bible. I think it was in 6th grade or something.
Anyways, I always figured the "crazy religious people" who actually believed in that stuff only existed in movies. Then I went online...

After I was born, I got schooled and indoctrinated into becoming a Jehovah's Witness by my parents, who both were JW's since before that. It fills you with all these crazy ideas and strict morals from a young age, that it feels very crippling when you finally decide to leave it behind. Up til the age of about 15, I was forced to come with them to everything related with that "religion"... meetings, gatherings, the door knocking. When I finally put my foot down, I was still being guilttripped for not coming to these meetings. The crying mother guilt was tough. I was "going to perish in Armageddon, while they walk in unison into the paradise that God will give to them and the other witnesses, aka the chosen people. Besides having nobody else outside this religion, I had no normal friends or such, everything that had been chiseled into my mind since birth really fucked up my thinking for a while. It was really hard to break out of it for real, and it took some time before I built my own thoughts and ideals. I haven't been able to write it all out in detail, there is much more to be said, but this has made me to opinionate against religion. I hate it, and find it to be a disgusting tool of manipulative control. I can still feel the old mind of mine, in the back of my head sometimes, and I guess I'll always do. To always be threatened by Armageddon, the final purge of all evil, it made me feel sick inside many times. But this is just my story.

Dang son.

You were raised in a religion that taught you morals, values, and reasons for being a contributing member of society.

No wonder you're an athiest, who the fuck wants to contribute to society?

I mean seriously, it should be mandatory to be a welfare leach in this country and have the white man pay for everything for us.

We should just rape, murder, steal, and cheat our way thru existence.

You sure stuck it to the man!

Atheists are scum for not doing their sacred duty and taking the priests holy member into our little sissy asshole. We as Christians have a duty to serve and pleasure jesus and this holy servants. The only way we can do that is to put on our altar boy costumes and bare our sins so the priests can was them clean with the seed of God. Praise our Lord amen

You're a rather weak troll, you don't even individualize your responses beyond "Hurr durr, you're rebelling against authority".

We must all give in to holy authority and let our virginal boi puccis be cared for by priests

Did you convert to the Milo Yiannopoulos version of catholicism or something?
Sure Milo, go suck off Father Michael.

Did my mind blowing facts turn you into an athiest?

I'm sorry, maybe if you stick it to the man by being an atheist you'll stop being an athiest.

Father Tucker here.

Father Michael isnt

>"There is no way to prove or disprove the existence of God"
>not understanding the burden of proof

the inabilty to properly fall asleep with my kitten when shes sleeping on my face made me doubt god

Right, right. I'll just put it this way.

I don't care about religion, I don't care about what created us. I don't know if I'll end up in an afterlife if I die or not. All I care about is the fact that I exist and that I want to do what I want with my life.

If believing in a God gives you the motivation you need in the will to live your life, that's great.

If believing that there is no God gives you the motivation you need and the will to live in your life, that's great.

I get my motivation from simply living. I don't care about where we came from and I typically don't discuss it or have arguments about it.

This all good Christians and Catholics don't be mad you sad atheist cuck lol not believing in god LOL XD

That feeling when someone actually makes you ponder something on /b

On a side note i became atheist when i realized im not motivated enough to give a shit about thinking "is there a higher being?" i like to think about shit like our own mortality and shit.(not trying to sound like a cynical dickhole just how i feel)

That actually looks pretty damn cool.

The problem with that is that glazed pecans have proof they actually exist retard

Started believing in God because I am an arrogant piece of shit, and nothing as awesome as me could have come out of chance...

Pretty sure I was designed and created to be better than everyone, so all of you peon atheists can keep your fish ancestors.

YOU CHILDREN OF FISH!

FSM made me do it

>Being this butthurt no one likes your fantasy novel

I watched a shitload of Darkmatter2525 videos

I became an atheist when Rick Sanchez told me God doesn't exist. Rick is the smartest being in all universes, so you know it's true.

School was extremely conformist Christian thing. Did some research on my own time, decided that the existence of a God was statistically improbable. The fact that the other students were dumb fucks probably helped me ease into that realization.