Can't share info, but it's been eating at me. One day I'll have to divulge more info. Pic related

Can't share info, but it's been eating at me. One day I'll have to divulge more info. Pic related.

Feels good to get it off my chest, no matter how vague.

Probably for the best that t his gets no attention.

I've had too many beers anyhow.

Wow look it’s fucking nothing.

Some extremely basic math and imaginary plans to become a billionaire. We all know you aren’t making shit, so shut up idiot.

Exactly the response I was hoping for. I'd say the same shit.

Makes me smile a bit. Thank you.

what machine can you use to get 5.5 million Tera Hash's/second??
I am not sure that all of AWS can achieve this

But it would be one helluva bitcoin miner

but FYI dumping that many bitcoins would dilute their value.

oh thats brilliant - this is projections for compromised Galaxy S9s!!

That's the magic. What if I told you that, one day, we may be able to achieve S9 hash rates using a GPU?

This is obviously all dreamland and satire. Nobody would ever take this site seriously.

But consider it a thought experiment. What would that mean?

Pic related.

Decided that posting that was probably a mistake... But my question still stands.

What would that mean for the world of bitcoin? I've been thinking about this for awhile now. Curious what you all have to add.

The value of bitcoin will go down

I don't think that's true, though. The network difficulty would adjust (slowly) over time, as more miners came online.

But it very well may mess with the existing mining operations quite a bit.

Alchemy

step 33 doesnt seem like such a bad level to be at.

At $371,966 (price could go down with volume)
price break even seems poor

That's assuming you'd dump everything you mined.

I think you're missing the point, here.

As it is, GPU mining is not profitable, primarily due to the Chinese and their ASICs.

What if software existed that made Bitcoin mining on GPUs as fast as ASICs?

fuck of microdoft i want tay back

Here here

yeah that would be sweet.
Thousands of processors working on fast algos

When will people realize that they have been decrypting US secrets for the Kremlin and earning the monies for it.

Are you counterfeiting Bitcoin? Or laundering it somehow?

It would mean that you should mine easier coins faggot.

Counterfeiting Bitcoin is impossible. Cryptographic algo's like sha-2 are legit.

But, hypothetically, what if we could mine profitably on GPUs again? What effects would that have?

That would mean the moon landing wasn't faked after all and bush did 9/11

Like what the banks have been doing. I'm pretty sure I know what this is.

About time the bitch-ass jews that run this place paid me for suffering their existence.

algorithmic simplification of hash equations?

Not a simplification. You can't really simplify sha2 any more than it is -- the operations are all primitive as it is.

But I'm saying, hypothetically. Ignore the details. Think of the implications. What would it mean for bitcoin if joe blow could mine Bitcoin again on his GTX 1080 at home?

>You can't really simplify sha2 any more than it is

actually you can procedural simulate a universe using cellular automata and burrows-wheeler transform and make multiple gpus inside that universe which you can exploit.

joe blow would buy blow etc

What should one who wants to mine crypto do?

Right now, if you want to buy Bitcoin, you're fucked unless you want to shell out $2-3k for an Antminer.

What I'm asking is, what if software existed that allowed people to mine just as fast on a GPU? What effect would that have?

By buy I meant mine.

fuck I'm drunker than I thought I was =/

Probably flood the market, more miners more coin, difficulty up, balance things out, make it impossible for small miners to profit and decrease commercial mining profits (only one who can profit is them though), until new asics miners are out
This is simple economy

Im looking to get into mining, what should i do, assuming youre OP? (If ur not op ur opinion is wanted as well, just mention that ur not op)

Also, doesnt have to only be btc. Proof of stake on etH still will be delayed enough for a 3k machine to repay itself under a year atm

Shitcoins can be mined too. Merge mining with UNO would also yield good results

Can you at least divulge the most basic part of this

I already have.

The hypothetical question of: What if software existed that allowed people to mine on GPUs profitably?

The most basic part of the software I mean

Answer me

I already answered that before you asked it. You can't get into mining in the U.S. Not Bitcoin, at least. You can mine Ethereum or ZCash if you can find GPUs for a decent price. I've been mining it for awhile. It's still profitably.

I can't. Assume I'm full of shit and this is a pure thought experiment.

Make a post on /biz/

Maybe one day. I'd like to keep it limited visibility. Just have to talk about it with someone. And I've had a few too many scotches.

Ask blinzer. He should be well known in tbe crypto world

Problem with your table is that there aren't that many BTC to be mined. There's a cap.

Obviously... it's just math, dude. It's a clue that I probably shouldn't have even posted.

There are exactly 2016 block mined every two weeks, enforced by the shifting difficulty.

I know more about bitcoin than all of you, I can promise you that.

Speaking of, I'm going to delete the OP pic...

Test it, set a limit to the amount of bitcoins you want then manipulate the market for keks

>I'm going to delete the OP pic...
Hakerman

For the record, an Antminer S9 can do about 14 TH/s, which is only about 0.09397 BTC per month. I'm just saying, what if desktop software running on a GPU was also capable of this.

Starting to just say nevermind to the whole thing. Posting was probably a mistake. Oh well.

Maybe watch Bitcoin forums for the next year or so. May be a happening. Maybe not.

Yeah I'm dumb -- didn't realize I couldn't do that.

Oh well. It's all satire anyways. The OP pic doesn't really give anything away, ultimately.

OP, you're a retard with no understanding of bitcoin.

Now that's hilarious. I'm sure you can teach me though, right?

Did that hurt your inflated ego?

Not at all, it's just ridiculous.

My ego is mostly in check. I'm in need of some mushrooms for a reset, but I think I'm moderately healthy in that regard.

I appreciate your concern, however.

If you can actually do this send me 0.1 btc for proof. (you can tumble it or whatever.)
15TL2QfvPxRM5ns xsAkzHDfGsNp7smpXmt

It's not, though.

Also, not everyone is afforded the luxury to have your level of delusion.

I can't, and I won't. Let's keep this hypothetical. I'm just trying to thoroughly think through the potential implications.

Not sure what you're going on about, honestly.

Precisely.

Make your mining thing have a limit of 0.1 btc. There should be no negative implications and the proof will only be between me and you.

hey faggot, i freebooted ur shit onto biz get FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKEd
>>/biz/3784102

Mining deosn't work that way. That's also $450 in Bitcoin. I'm not saying such software exists right now, I'm saying if it does, what would that mean for the world of Bitcoin as a whole?

I was hoping at least one person would jump on this discussion. A little frustrating, but I get it. I'd probably tell someone they were ridiculous too.

Oh well.

Fuck off normie cunt

Hah, you got me.

Interesting how easily things spread -- hard to appreciate without seeing it.

A good experiment if nothing else.

Send me the pic you deleted and I'll take the other thread down.

>I was hoping at least one person would jump on this discussion.

That's because your opening message sucked balls

Deal -- I'll take you at your word.

Where do you want it sent

It's intentionally vague. I'm mostly trying to get other input as to what people think would happen if it were the case.

Ignore the crazy high numbers on the chart. It's just a pythons script that runs the math for hash rates.

I have no idea what's going on. Please explain.
Not a new fag just an under educat d fag.

post it here, delete in 30 seconds

You can delete it now

Thank you for following through.

I took the thread down. But, I'd still like some more info, do you have any ACTUAL plans?

I'm a man of my word, but also, looking for more info. Can you give?

None. I'm still in the hypothetical phase, and I'm going to leave it at that.

But truly, what would the implications be? Mass decentralization, right?

Not at this time. For many, many reasons. Assume it's satire.

Well, you could 51% attack the network, if I'm not mistaken,

That has occurred to me, but you'd have to be on the higher end of that chart to be able to do so.

Assume I'm speaking only of being able to achieve ASIC comparable hash rates on a GPU (or several GPUs combined).

Also I believe to perform a 51% attack, you'd need a malicious node AND sufficient hash power, not just a super powerful mining client.

Certainly be interesting, however, GPU prices have risen in price as a result of mining, so I assume we can extrapolate that to having GPUS be as expensive if not more expensive than ASICs, thus tanking both the BITCOIN economy as well as the computer parts industry,

Do you really think being able to GPU mine BTC again would tank the market? I'm not so convinced.

I think at worst, there would be a momentary dip, until the network difficulty adjusted (although, I'm not sure how long that would take, given the maximum delta allowed between adjustments).

So, I think, hypothetically, if you were able to do this, you'd either be sending us back to the 1800s or forcing an evolution to quantum computing.

By achieving 14 TH/s on a GPU (or set of GPUs)? I'm not convinced. Sell me on that.

Maybe, maybe not. I'm not really an expert, I have but a tiny mining farm. But it would 100% raise GPU costs, if this hypothetical fix was openly implemented.

Stupidly, I hadn't considered that. And as an Ethereum miner myself (1 GH/s in rigs), I should know better.

What else do you think would happen, if this were possible?

The biggest thing I can think of is it would push out the Chinese. And they'd want to find out who was responsible, I think.

You'd upset more than just the Chinese, plus, i think companies like google (or a government) and such can effectively do what you want to do with a piece of javascript (and have) they could unironically 51% the SHIT out of us.

I don't buy that. Even if everyone were running javascript mining software, it wouldn't compare to the hash power of an ASIC mining farm. Truly, the numbers are just staggering.

At 14 TH/s, that means you're cycling through all 2^32 nonce values like 3 times a second. That's absurdly fast.

I get your point, but I disagree.

You don't think billions of computers mining bitcoin for one person can beat an ASIC farm? ESPECIALLY if our hypothetical was realized?

Fair point on the hypothetical. But assume the gov't and Google doesn't have access to the hypothetical algorithm -- nobody does, except the Bitcoin community in the form of software they can freely download.

Well, if the bitcoin community can freely have it then so can they, but HYPOTHETICALLY if only we had it then, we're still dealing with the difficulty problem, which will, over time, make even that obsolete.

The difficulty doesn't adjust to make things obsolete -- it adjusts to ensure the network only mines blocks at a specific rate.

This hypothetical software would only increase that rate. What it would obsolete is ASIC mining, and the $100's of millions the Chinese have invested.

That's the part that scares me.

And you can't decompile SPIR into anything useful. The only way to use the hypothetical software's algorithm would be to use the software itself.

I get your point, though.

Bro, the difficulty grows to keep block times consistent, by mining them fast as shit, the difficulty goes up, and therefore makes obsolete that which increased the difficulty, or am I missing something?

Okay, let me rewind for a bit.

Assume a piece of software exists that allows a GPU (or a set of GPUs) to mine Bitcoin as fast as one ASIC miner (e.g. an Antminer S9).

This would mean that mining would be back in the hands of your average Bitcoin enthusiast. Blocks would be mined faster than 1 / 10 minutes, but only for a few sets of weeks at most. It would not become obsolete any more than Ethereum mining is currently obsolete.

I get what you mean. Would you be willing to take this chat off-chan? I can hit you with my PGP Sig

Possibly. Not sure what chat apps are usable with a PGP sig. I'm curious why you're so curious.

Also not sure what else I'd have to say beyond what I've already said. Mostly working through a thought experiment, and I'd like to leave it at that.

we can go through email if you'd like, if not, whatevs, but I am interested in speaking with you a bit more

Nvm I get what you mean. Could sign a msg here and sign it somewhere else.

Sorry, drunk.

What else would you like to discuss? Genuinely curious.

I'd like to discuss the hypothetical development of this hypothetical hypothetical.

:-D

It's all very hypothetical. Just assume it's all satire, like everything on this site.

I'm hitting the hay soon.

If you're on around this time normally, I may post back at some point. It may be a long time, though.

I appreciate your insight. I'll leave this thread on auto refresh, though.