Alternative music appreciate thread

Sick and tired of hearing mass produced, brain numbing pop/rap music everywhere

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XaJn3QqiIUc
youtube.com/watch?v=9nOtaijzlb0
youtube.com/watch?v=ECQ7Go8cbco
youtube.com/watch?v=EPw0jtbx6OM
youtube.com/watch?v=dktpCrbs7oE
datpiff.com/Tha-Mad-Poet-Hoodlum-2-Moozlum-Death-B4-Disbelief-mixtape.865137.html
youtube.com/watch?v=_M92IKKRRs8
youtube.com/watch?v=OLAO3Fp5guc
youtube.com/watch?v=0AzUW7BQLGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xpzdB0G3TJU
youtube.com/watch?v=npa8qUNEIFY
youtube.com/watch?v=T9rdQdz7WRA
youtube.com/watch?v=uEZQvGzEKI0
youtube.com/watch?v=hAZd9fM0FgM
youtube.com/watch?v=-GbyUzKsuZU
youtube.com/watch?v=2ruuMh0fF5s
youtube.com/watch?v=D2dEc7HaX88
youtube.com/watch?v=uN0yI-ambNY
youtube.com/watch?v=n-fE5NbilMw
youtube.com/watch?v=c0uqyjGuxyA
youtu.be/QY60VAViupk
youtube.com/watch?v=wm4dcvNSMJs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Praise Johnny Gioeli, he that makes Crush 40, Hardline and Axel Rudi Pell great

If you like alternative detatchment kit is cool. I personally enjoy their songs ricochet, spiders and skyscrapers. Kings of leon, the strokes, the bravery, credence Clearwater revival, rise against, rage against the machine, I could go all day with at least half decent music.

best electronic album of the 2010s so far

youtube.com/watch?v=XaJn3QqiIUc

Sit back, relax, and let go

My favourite math rock of the last year.
galgogalgogalgo.bandcamp.com/album/pensar-faz-emagrecer

One of the best rock bands at the moment.
Nonagon Infinity is their best album, but if you want something more acoustic and chilling try Paper Machê Dream Balloon.

youtube.com/watch?v=9nOtaijzlb0

Idk why it doubled posted, ignore

mass produced, you mean like guitars and white boys?

You are an idiot for taking offense because he doesn't want to listen to more rap.

White people can rap, and black people can play guitar. Go figure, race baiter. Now lurk more before posting faggot.

Pinkerton was the album of my teen years. I might have listened to it once or twice a day for 1.5-2 years straight, with more sporadic listens after. I accidentally bought it after liking "island in the sun" from its radio play (didn't realize Island in the Sun was on the Green Album instead). This started my love of what I'd call "alternative" alternative.

Before this, I'd heard angsty music, but it never really fit my state of mind. Stuff like Linkin park was too dramatic. Metal was too angry and manic. Other genres were a little too theatrical in their angst. Pinkerton had the right mix of melancholy, loneliness, minor self-loathing, and confusion that I didn't realize was I was feeling until years later. The album really got me through some tough times.

Other albums I liked at the time:

>"Moon and Antarctica" and "This is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About" by Modest Mouse. Their newer stuff is technically "better" but the feel of this era in their discography really hit the right spot for me.

>Violent Femmes' self title'd album. Great album for feeling frustrated and having music to commiserate with.

>The Pixies entire discography. I don't know if they are considered indy nowadays, but they were back then.

Before you label me a weaboo, give these actually good Japanese albums a listen.

>"Kokorono" or "Birdy" by Bloodthirsty Butchers

>"Sappukei" or "School Girl Distortional Addict" by Number girl.

george clanton is a god

electro swing
caravan palace

then stop listening to the top 40 and develop your own tastes

those who follow those charts are already dead inside, I've always search and listen by my own, fuck the charts

It's just like any form of art in our consumerism culture. Many people don't enjoy the art, but they consume it to belong to a specific sect within society. For many it is never about the music. But I think many people still appreciate music as an art, they just aren't as loud as those using music/media as a social/personality trait. Most music lovers are too busy listening to music to care what another person listens too. That's why I am open to try any song once, even if it is in the Top 40 hits. Because if I don't like it after hearing it, I am disliking it for music purposes, not for hipster/social reasons. That being said, I don't go out of my way to listen to this type of stuff either.

Great Non-DJ electronic band called Zen Robotic. On Spotify.

are you jordan schlansky?
you sound very much like him

Great suggestions, thanks. During my teenage years Blue, Green Album and Pinkerton are the albums I've listened to the most. Shame the new stuff are kinda shit.

I really don't have any free time to search for music to listen to, I usually just find a catchy playlist on spotify to listen to whilst working/commuting.

Also the fact that I'm a university student so everyone around me listens to chart and rap music, so there isn't really a chance for me to discover some decent stuff

> dont have time
yeah, no time as a college student
yeaaahhh

Nope, I honestly don't know who that is. Who is he?

hahaha good one, actually I'm on my final year and have a part time job so I'm normally either studying/writing my dissertation or working

lol

try listening to house music, check out Defected

Okay I just watched a video of him (Talking about Star Wars vs Star Trek.) He seems a lot more intellectual than me, but it was an interesting watch.

Innovative, original and still not dated.

youtube.com/watch?v=dktpCrbs7oE

> rap
> music
sad days we are in

datpiff.com/Tha-Mad-Poet-Hoodlum-2-Moozlum-Death-B4-Disbelief-mixtape.865137.html

youtube.com/watch?v=_M92IKKRRs8

youtube.com/watch?v=OLAO3Fp5guc

could at least make their own art

youtube.com/watch?v=0AzUW7BQLGQ

yeah, really lazy, plus the songs were pretty lame

Nice painting

yeah
>intelligent

cruelty and the beast was the only good album from these guys. The rest is shite

youtube.com/watch?v=xpzdB0G3TJU

learn to enjoy higher art, you head bangin, rap listening scum

youtube.com/watch?v=npa8qUNEIFY

youtube.com/watch?v=T9rdQdz7WRA

I think you missed a couple then.

This is fantastic, is it British Psychobilly?

Pretty much.

youtube.com/watch?v=uEZQvGzEKI0

this isn't exactly black metal given the lyrics and subject matter.

it's like alternative black metal.

not many black metal songs are about things like violinists and world war 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=hAZd9fM0FgM

This guy, the frontman seems totally awesome, what a mouth, what a voice and what a stage-manner!

Saved, I feel an entire back catalog coming on!

This must be one of the most British things I've ever seen.

Zigida-zagada-oi-oi-oi!
Right now I'm wishing I was British, the motherland!
oi-oi-oi!

You fucking liar

I, in my entire life, have only seen niggers play the banana. Don't go around Sup Forums spreading misinformation about black people. They have worked hard to get where they are.

youtube.com/watch?v=-GbyUzKsuZU

youtube.com/watch?v=2ruuMh0fF5s

youtube.com/watch?v=D2dEc7HaX88

a song about trannies and traps

youtube.com/watch?v=uN0yI-ambNY

Too bad "niggers" invented blues and what would become early rock and roll. But of course whites couldn't stand having a "nigger" perform this new genre.. so only white blues and rock and roll musicians got the publicity.

youtube.com/watch?v=n-fE5NbilMw

>Be 34 from UK
>be living in japan for 10 years
>haven't listened to recent mainstream music for 10 years
>my wife thinks it would be a good idea to record the UK top 50
>it's all absolute shite.
>It's 90% American
>it's all so simplistic
Actually happy to see Foo Fighters and Linkin Park.
>Foo Fighters was the only decent thing that felt like there was any human beings with feelings behind the music.

youtube.com/watch?v=c0uqyjGuxyA

Foo Fighters are decent, but you must listen to music casually if that is your go to band for highest human musical achievement.

Agaætis byrjun - sigur ros
youtu.be/QY60VAViupk

I know man....but even back in the day they were a decent mainstream band among other decent mainstream band....this time they were the only one.
I'd be grateful for any recommendations
Nirvana and Smashing Pumpkins were the deepest I ever got. Oasis, Blur, Weezer and Radiohead were my sing along type bands.

youtube.com/watch?v=wm4dcvNSMJs

I havent seen any posts showing these "great" musicians you speak of. try harder motown. you're brain don't work, you wind up getting hurt. Nigs just couldn't figure out marketing back in the day.

moar like diz?

my take:
· horse lords
· ZEUS!
· Helmet

When you label music as "alternative" you are creating a genre that is in a sense the same as all other type of popular music you are looking to get away from. Remember, rap was once just a few niggers out there trying to get their shit heard as well. Alternative music is a bunch of fags trying to convince bored teenagers that they need something to call their own. Its called special interest groups. Its how nobodies form a group of little interest and market it to people looking to join something new. Eventually that group becomes big enough to become corrupted by money and the formulas of marketing are applied. Then your group of "alternatives" become just like everyone else. A new type of music genre where elephants spray wind chimes with water from their trunks to create a new age sound will emerge. All the alternative kids will be listening to elephants then. Just listen to classical

concluding with
>Just listen to classical
lmao

but you are mostly right. all that pretentious "alternative" labeling is just a high-brow, wannabe facade to make bands sound expensive or important. there is still good music out there despite mainstream rap r'n'b and all that cancer, but it seems like you need to look harder for it every year.