People say how cruel the Germans are. But think about it: We Slovenians, Croats, Czechs, Slovakians...

People say how cruel the Germans are. But think about it: We Slovenians, Croats, Czechs, Slovakians, Hungarians (to some extent), were under German rule (I am counting Austrians as Germans here, yes) for a thousand years and all nations have preserved their language, national identity etc. Meanwhile if you look at the Irish you see that few people even speak Irish today. What is it? 20% of the population that know it? Probably never use it anyway.

Just some food for thought.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_colonization_of_Nicobar_Islands
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the eternal anglo is running a smear campaign on germans for centuries

god I'd love to smash an anglos fucking head in

germans are subhumans

Thanks for the support.

>preserved their language

Our language is half reconstructured, half made up by 18/19th century revivalists.

>national identity

Has changed completely after the genocide of protestants in Czech lands.

Germans aren't the worst overlords but neither are they good ones.

Czech did farly well unter the HRE you where part of it for several hundred years. Just the 3rd Reich fucked that up a bit.

I like our eastern friends. Always has been the most faithful and nicest people.

>HRE

That's because it was basically a loose union on paper only and we still had our own kings. What really should've never happened was Habsburgs on the Czech throne.

>(((People))) say how cruel the Germans are. But think about it: We Slovenians, Croats, Czechs, Slovakians, Hungarians (to some extent), were under German rule (I am counting Austrians as Germans here, yes) for a thousand years and all nations have preserved their language, national identity etc. Meanwhile if you look at the Irish you see that few people even speak Irish today. What is it? 20% of the population that know it? Probably never use it anyway.
>Just some food for thought.
FTFY

>for a thousand years

Then you can't count and don't know shit about history of those cunts either

It's an estimation.

Thank you family

this, never felt foreign in those countries.

i thought it was a joke that slavs love to suck germ dick

Only we and you fit the bill and that's counting HRE as being "under" Germans. Slovaks were under Hungarians and they preserved their language the same way we did. By making half of it up and the other half from ancient sources and village people.

Indeed.

Also, Breton, Occitan and other extinct minority languages in France.

>Habsburgs on the [...] throne
Nothing much you could've done.

you are greek

Elected a different house after Jagellos. Namely one that wasn't tied to the catholic church.

But it was the alliance to the Pope that allowed the Habsburgs to get elected in the first place.

Feels good living in a country that has only ever been the good guys.

That's kind of the point although the electors back then didn't know how Ferdinand II. is going to get crazy.

I would argue that austrians are different from the other germans, and I would also argue that the Assburgers are a special case.

This is true. Same for the French, they just about abolished their local/minority languages in 150 years, about the same period of time the Germans had as strong a centralizing urge as the French. Let's say they are the least disrespectful to local, different cultures compared to the other former empires.

Anglo moral high-ground, ladies and gentlemen.

>philipines

>We Slovenians
>have preserved
>national identity
>for a thousand years

thing is, it was a huge deal during the French period when more and more laws where forced onto the people by Napoleon, even french as language. Most people would've been probably fine with staying a subordinate to France. If they wouldn't have "attacked" the culture and traditions of those people, France would be a bigger country. This self determination became one of the biggest factors of the people here and still is in today's german states, it is respected.

True, in our case as Flemings we were actually quite the frenchboos, until they tried to violently force French upon us that is.

We still like the French, but we like the French border even more now if you catch my drift.

That's quite true. Look at latin america, they speak Spanish now, totally lost their language and culture.

Well what would you suggest to viably happen? The prince electors were always going to vote for the guy they felt could keep things in better check. The Habsburgs mastered doing that.

the death of Irish had a lot to do with the Catholic church actually

Was going to post this but foreigners raving about Ireland without knowing anything about it is so common it's using a bucket to drain a river

Elector cucks couldve just elected Ottokar II. instead of Rudolf von habsburg and Habsburgs wouldve never happened.

Fuck off
see

>prince electors

Careful, I'm not talking about the HRE and prince elctors, I'm talking about Czech estates after the death of Louis II of Hungary.

We had literally nothing to do with Germans up to 1935. We preserved our language because there was no thought of Slovak nation up until French revolution, after which swift Magyarisation came

We were probably the most whimsical about colonizing desu

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_colonization_of_Nicobar_Islands