Obama blocks use of terms 'negro,' 'oriental' in federal laws

The move, sponsored by Rep. Grace Meng, {D-N.Y., ran through Congress unopposed in a rare testament of bipartisan cooperation. The new bill will replace the offensive words with "African American" and "Asian American" in federal law books. upi.com/Top_News/US/2016/05/21/Obama-blocks-use-of-terms-negro-oriental-in-federal-laws/6831463853748/}
I understand why Meng tried to link the 2 terms, but how is 'oriental' offensive compared to "Asian American"?
Compared to 'oriental', is "white" & "caulkasion" also offensive (even spell checker doesn't know how to spell the c word)?
In the articles comments "Jack Nimble" stated that "all Orientals are Asian, not all Asians are Oriental. My wife is Japanese. She is an Oriental and the term not only doesn't bother her, she finds it offensive American idiots want to ban it." So if Japan is not part of Asia, what continent is Japan part of?

This nigger is going all out with his racism as he prepares to get kicked to the curb.

This will protect me from all those racially insensitive blimp operators

Nobody says those things anymore so they're not even offensive.

Didn't you know that nominations with less than six syllables are Racist?

>caucasian

How's Montenegro is going to be called from now on ?

Monteafricanamerican

How are they going to translate all the racist laws into Spanish if they can't say negro?

>Obama just officially removed niggers of non-African descent from Federal legislation

Some clever kike is going to get a Jamaican off on all federal charges because he's not "African-American."

Jesus christ, it's like this nigger knows we're too close to Trump's election to impeach him or kill him.

"White" is less then six syllables, so should we replace it with European American"?

I am European American, not a Caucasoid you fking racists!!!!!

Wait, when the hell did "oriental" become offensive?

As an African American nothing triggers me like seeing the word "negro". Thank you God-King Obama from protecting me from harmful words!

technically oriental has never officially been used to define ethnicity on any legal documents such as birth certificate or drivers license

its has been exclusively used for imports not people. but this isnt seen as a big deal by many east asians

I have to stack boxes that say oriental vegetables at work.
>ohshitniggerwhatareyoudoing.png

What is even wrong with "oriental"? I thought that term was normal and not offensive (inb4 >2016 >anything not offensive).

Anyway without any racist intent I do kinda like the term negro. I understand nigger but negro is totally alright.

Why doesn't he just pass another executive order?

When Grace Meng (Chinese: 孟昭文) said it was

Why does america have laws specifically singling out either race, anyway?

Montedindu

Spanish is sexed language that uses "gender assignment" for words (ending in "A" & "O"), so we've already stated banning it so we don't have to use "negro" (Spanish for black).

kek

So I can't say black in spanish?

Does this mean the United Negro College Fund has to change it's name?

Oriental is not racist.

Just avoid saying black and dance around it and say oscuro or agujero

I thought "oriental" was a British term

Americans just lump everyone into the vague category of Asian.

Because after they wanted so much diversity now they are trying to blur the lines between race so that they can encourage racemixing and create a homogenous brown society

Why is this news? These terms are pretty extremely out of date. Honestly, I prefer the term Oriental for East Asians though, because it's descriptive and accurate, unlike that shit the north pakis do calling Middle Easterners "Asian".

>Why does america have laws specifically singling out either race, anyway?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

It's racist not to have laws based on race.

Then we'll just bring back the words Nigger and Chink.

Why? It just means black.

while you retarded fucks just use the word asian for middle easterners

Meng the merciless just got Obama to change the law so it is now. This explains why no one protested the completion of the "fish wall" that made the "Great Lakes" great, by keeping out the "Asian Carp" & making them pay for it.

oscuro means dark.

The first American citizens were white, so white people should be called Original Americans.

>know an asian chick
>she once started talking to me about racial slurs
>"what's the deal with oriental?"
>tell her i don't really know, i just call all the asians chinks anyway
>she laughs and says "all these people making big deals about words are stupid, i think oriental sounds cute"

literally not a single asian gets upset over oriental

people say oriental all the time though

>"caulkasion" also offensive (even spell checker doesn't know how to spell the c word)?
lel

And this can be shortened to just American. So whites are American, blacks are African American, Asians are Asian American, Hispanics are Hispanic American, and so forth But when you say just "American" you're referring specifically to white people.

So the census would look like this:

American (white)
African American (black)
Hispanic American (Hispanics)
Asian American (Asians)
Etc.

I would like that.

nice blog post

it's fairly logical, it's the orient, so a person form there is an oriental

naturally

like I'm an american from america

>hispanic
>american

Who even uses those terms anymore? They seem archaic.

But you are not saying negro which is the point

He should change the spelling of "woman" to "womyn"

then use European American for white

Oh wait, then they'd have to stop calling muslims and jews white

Why not call white people just "American"? Then everybody else can be a type of American. But whites are pure American. It makes sense because the original Americans were white. The other types were later add-ons, so they get a special label.

Wombyn you pleb. Also check your privilege cis-het.

You will never be anything but a nigger so it really doesnt matter what you call it

Barack Obama was born in Kenya. He is a nigger

You will die of AIDS in the next 5 years you disgusting faggot

But its stupid because it just means black. Just like when you call someone blanco their white.

America, please. You're supposed to be the country to stay uncucked.

White people own and operare this country. Everyone else is just passing through

not all blacks are african OR american fucking dumb shits

>America, please. You're supposed to be the country to stay uncucked.
America has been cucked for a long time mate, that's why they try to project it onto other countries.

So next are they going to rename oriental flavored ramen?

>inb4 Asian American Ramen

The fish wall didn't work.

You're right, Dominicans are just well tanned beaners.

Asia is a continent. Asians are from Asia. If you use "oriental" it means you don't care where they're from. As far as you're concerned, they're from "that place".

Also, Asians are not fucking muslim. Stop linking them together, retards. They're called sandniggers for a reason. Yellow, not brown.

Most Asians are brown tho

>oriental is a slur

Since when? I've regularly used oriental for ages and I've never gotten shit from anyone.

>oriental is offensive meme
Listen to what the chinks think of blacks

Most Asians are Chinese and they aren't brown.

being asian and having brown/dark skin a sign of lower class in some cultures. Everyone wants to be lighter.

black people want to be called "black". It's as simple as that. Only annoying contrarian black people want to be called "African-American". It's also okay to use "negro" if you say "my negro".

Who the fuck cares. Get rid of affirmative action if you truly want to do something against discrimination.

The irony is Obama and his supporters are complete mongoloids.

Most Asians are from the Indian subcontinent and are brown and there's a good amount of Chinese that are brown. Also SEA is also brown.

Is Negro actually an offensive term in America? Would else should I know before I head over there? Every time I talk to a female do I have to hold a white sheet of paper between our faces so she doesnt start crying because I looked her in the eyes?

Yeah but they want skin like high caste Indians or Afghans, not like white people.

But badmouth white people all you want
-obama

>Most Asians are from the Indian subcontinent
Wrong the Chinese outnumber India.

>there's a good amount of Chinese that are brown
Unless you have a really loose definition of brown, not really.

What an idiot, they started using the word negro because they thought it was too course and unabashed to straight up call someone black. Black like a shadow or black as coal, they did it to dignify their categorical name despite everything that was going on. The name means exactly the same thing to what they're officially changing it to anyway but seeing as these people dont know any better they probably believe it was invented solely to degrade them.

I honestly thought oriental was never actually used. Like a 60s term, that nobody uses anymore.

The more you know.

>What are Chinese
Indians are from India. Poo in Loo.

no. They want paler skin. You're probably hanging out with too many turdskins. It's clouding your judgment.

Also, when are you guys going to lynch that cuck of a prime minister you have?

every new generation of liberals thinks up new words to replace the old "bigotted" terms

Did Danes hurt his feelings?

"My" implies "ownership of", so when you say "My Negro" you are implying you own them which is offensive. Slavery is over, set your Negro's free!

We cut off their heads and take their otoliths!

>The term "Orient" derives from the Latin word oriens meaning "east"

so logically the word "eastern" must also be offensive and thus banned

That's why I said the Indian subcontinent which includes Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Afghanistan

WEW those bants

>they want paler skin

They'll literally have constant sunburn in India then

You're not understanding me. Brown skin is lower class. Asians don't want to go there. India isn't considered Asian.

Why is Obama doing shit? Just enjoy the white house while you can for fucks sake. Stop trying to make a difference now.

>India isn't considered Asian
>literally in Asia

People might start calling him out if he does it too much.

>Canada isn't considered Muslim
>literally in Canada

No it isn't but I guess now it is.

Countries full of Asian people don't seem to give a shit.

There's over 1b Muslims in Asia, all of them are brown. Are you still going to argue that most Asians aren't brown?

no one says oriental user. not checking your trip dubs

He's still a nigger

it has a negative connotation since Edward Said used it in his theory of orientalism. Pretty stupid t bh

we need to vote Johnny Rebel into congress to teach these idiots what the word "offensive" really means

the fact that you said "Asian people" and not "orientals" might have something to do with it.

>what is China

white isn't offensive because unlike other races whites aren't butthurt about being white

I get triggered when I see the word white tbqh