Do amerifats actually do this?

Do amerifats actually do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9ttDUGM-1mU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes

ive never seen it, no

No. We thank the pilot and crew when we disembark though.

Only on a flight with much turbulence and or other reasons to think they may crash.

This Most of the time thought i have been on 2 planes where people clapped

usually those who fear for their lives the entire flight

Sometimes it happens, usually smaller planes
I imagine people around the world do it as well, not just in the US.
Wouldn't you like people to clap for you doing something stressful in your job?

I'm a frequent flyer and have never witnessed this as a civilian.

When I was in the military, we've cheered/clapped after finally landing back in the states after a deployment overseas.

been on many flights
never heard clapping on a local flight (within US)

I have heard clapping on an intercontenental flight (11+ hours)

Supposedly we do it after a really rough flight, as a way of congratulating the crew. I've never seen it though and I fly fairly often. Europeans have an inferiority complex though and they latch on to any meme they can.

Sometimes. I've been on a few flights where I have seen them do this. I just nod to the pilot on my way off when the crew greets everyone when they disembark. Long flights this is more common to see especially if there is a lot of turbulence and other issues during the flight.

I am on a flight at 2 to 4 times a week, lots of flying. I have never seen anyone clap. I have seen a lot of people thank the staff and pilots for a safe flight but that is just being polite.

Swede here. When I was younger, I remember people clapping during landing. I thought it was a common occurence...

We do it in honor of the TSA keeping the flight muslim free.

>We do it in honor of the TSA keeping the flight muslim free.

The Muslims have already infiltrated your precious TSA.

I would start murdering if someone started clapping after more than about 3 hours in a hot, dry, disease riddles tin can that we call an "aeroplane". I actually quite like flying but after that long, in that environment I cant imagine what kind of maniac would behave in such a manner. I have only witnessed this in Borneo airport (literally a dirt track in the jungle) and an airstrip outside Mombasa (where there were wrecked light aircraft simply scooped to the side of the "runway"). I pray those are the only times I ever encounter this, and wish the same for all of you.

>mfw people clap at the end of a movie in a theater

Yes, Im saying this as an american. Its disgusting and I am ashamed

I've only seen it once and it was on a flight with a lot of turbulence

Not that I've ever seen.

Your effort to act like an American is too obvious. Non one does that.

i smell alot of vodka in this thread....

Americans show no shame.

And after movies in the cinema/theater. It's fucking cringy and annoying.

I've been flying five times, and 4 out of 5 times the people actually clap. No turbulence nothing, they clap after landing to thank the pilot for a their lives. EU here.

Not that I've ever witnessed. I thank the flight attendants and pilot on my way out though.

american here.
I actually like dd/mm/yyyy but since it's not common I cant use it unfortunately.

seen it twice. once on a five hour cross-country flight, and once on a shorter flight that landed during a bad storm.

They do. Gives us one more thing to laugh at them before, silly cunts.

Spell aeroplane incorrectly? Yes they do.

We don't on airplanes or after movies what the fuck are you talking about raghead?

Never seen it personally, but I have seen this:

Right after the pilot hits full throttle on the runway to take off, people putting their hands in the air as if on a roller coaster until we're in the air.

Glad to see a fellow american classifying americans with his/her own beliefs. Im an american and Im ashamed. And Im bi and liberal :P

Here in Sweden they clap after landing and in the movie theater makes me mad af n cringe

Yes, it's also usual for the captain to play this over the intercom,

youtube.com/watch?v=9ttDUGM-1mU

I really doubt that. Ive heard many times that swedes aren't very social with strangers. Im calling bs

I've never seen this and I've been on a good number of flights.
People do clap after movies here though, which is arguably way more pointless and dumb.

>I really doubt that. Ive heard many times that swedes aren't very social with strangers. Im calling bs

Aight but in airplanes that shit happens but not so often in theaters i can hand u that, in theaters maybe every 5 movies u watch one they clap

Norwegian here, I think it was more common a couple decades ago. On charter flights to foreign vacations it supposedly happens.

For the swede claiming applause at movies, I'd suppose that can happen at premieres or special happenings where director/actor etc are present for the viewing.