Christian Religion Bashing

le meme Christianism slowed down scientific progress and the world would have been better without it
>aka the reason why I can't stand 9gag

What does Sup Forums think about this popular belief ?

How to explain to degenerate liberals that their laws and morals are the legacy of Christianism ?
How to explain them that this religion was a medium for international diplomacy that unified western nations ?
How to explain them that it helped maintaining social unity amongst peasants and shaped our most basic cultural concepts such as family ?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/8438210/Fall-of-Roman-Empire-caused-by-contagion-of-homosexuality.html
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmgZ2dbyDXZ1U5xY2cvQ5Fjw2zmaRpD2_
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_medieval_universities
youtube.com/watch?v=Cqzq01i2O3U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You explain what you just explain, but to yourself you also learn the valuable lesson that memes shared on the internet do not reflect real life behavior.

Implying renaissance/enlightement/and modern era until the WW2 isn't christian

I'm sure you're a parisian cuck who love muslims dicks.

No one imply this.... what the fuck do you even read anything here before you post

>unified western nations
Aka collectivism, laid the groundwork for communism

>liberal laws and morals are the legacy of Christianity
How is this a good thing?

>shaping the concept of family
Families existed long before Christianity

Dead Jew on a stick/10
Try again Christ cuck

Hello Schlomo Shcklestein

What is really stupid about that 'dark ages' chart is that it implies ALL science only happens in Europe. During that time Arabic areas & India were making huge advances in math. China was making advances in chemistry and metallurgy. In Meso-America astronomy and, oddly enough, basic surgery skills were being developed.

The idea that world science stopped during Europe's Medieval period is retarded.

Notice how that hole coincides with the fall of Rome.
If it were not for the churches copying and preserving all the writings of greeks, hindus and later arabs, the world would still be in the dark ages.

And then there is the fact that "the dark ages" as such did not exist but were a myth created during the Renaisance to distinguish themselves from those "backwards" ancient times, ignoring that they themselves were in many regards more backwards than the middle ages people. (Bathing for example)

>An ancient book forces humans to be bad!

Yeah man! It was the book! Not the human psyche.

> During that time Arabic areas & India were making huge advances in math.
Nice try Aladdin.

welcome to France, a country filled with masochists feeling guilty to be white and denying their cultural heritage

just walk in any high school/college, I guarantee you more than 50% of the student think like this

Bordel , apprend à lire l'anglais avant de poster et arrête de passer ta vue sur twitter, ça t'apprendra peut-être à pas réagir au quart de tour connard.

Noraj de l'apprentissage

>Aka collectivism, laid the groundwork for communism
Do you know what a medium is ? Did I mention any causality relation here ? Is tehre something wrong in your head to not understand that religion can be a tool and that christianism was the most powerful diplomatic tool until the 18th century ?

>How is this a good thing?
It doesn't have to be. But it's like that, it's ours and we are stuck with it, so therefore it is good. Are maybe you think alduterism, sadism, etc... are good things ?

>Families existed long before Christianity
... Is tehre a need to respond to this ? seriously ?

try again american commies

Sup Forums is a christian board m8

this graph neglects to point out the red and pink sections represent a massive increase in cuckoldry. Well done enlightenment. lol

and ? your point is britfag ?

I'm genuinly asking you how to reply to degenerate liberals who tell you this. It's not a toll.

Fucking problem with you eastern european untermenschen, you see jews everywhere. You're probably from the most antisemitic place and earth and I respect you for that, but it's hard to have a serious conversation about religion with you.

If it weren't for Catholic Christians crusading against the moslem horde we would be in a much worse situation. Surprise surprise war takes resources and MEN die.

the reason that happened is that to have scientific advancement you need first for a small enough part of the population to produce enough food so that the rest can focus on science. In the ancient egypt/greece/rome free slaves from conquests made that possible but after the collapse of rome there was no longer enough free slaves to feed the population so we need first to develop our agricultre and thats exactly what happened in the middle ages. Oh also the fact that there was constant fighting didnt help the process of developing agriculture

I take back what I said on eastern europe, you're based polfag. I think you can also highlight the role of faith in supporting the population during the plague which slowed down all sort of advancement in the middle ages more than anything.

> coincided with the fall of Rome
Came here to mention this. Without any moral fibre to promote social cohesion, Rome fell to degeneracy.
>Le 9geg Christianity bad for muh progress
If you don't have a society anymore, you won't be able to have scientific advancement. The NSA prides itself on staying 5+ years ahead of world technology advancement. We can't access and benefit from that until we have world peace under a fair and just government (aka not the Chinese, Jews, or globalists).
Big pharma also holds back advancements to chemistry. There is no economic incentive to actually curing sickness, but rather pretending to. We have technology that can see at the sub-electron level and map out atoms, but is kept secret because
> hurr dur gotta take all shekels from goyim
So the thing is our technology is very advanced right now, but it won't be allowed to benefit society because of current power structures in place

Sup Forums does not read.

How do you measure scientific advancement? What are the units?

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/8438210/Fall-of-Roman-Empire-caused-by-contagion-of-homosexuality.html
Christianity at least controlled the spread of degeneracy.

>our technology is very advanced right now, but it won't be allowed to benefit society because of current power structures in place
le meme we still use oil because of motorists and oil producers lobby

I think "muh shekel" is a very valid argument for holding back technology. You just can't start selling technology if it's not profitable enough or if you have to close down thousands of factories, the world has to be balanced by some sort of system.

But while I see how the Catholic Church could have stopped scientific progress (Copernic) to preserve their legitimity/power, I don't think it played a major role in the technoligical dark age

If you try to argue about the figures with a degenerate liberal you will alwats loose. This people are not rational and more hypocrit than the people they accused to be so

I really dont see whats the problem, secularist yurotrash

now, Islam will guide you to a whole new age of enlightenment.

pick your bone with them, if you can

secularist yurotrash.

My bad
i only read the title and looked at the pic.

C'est rien mon gars, t'as vu la dernière video de Valek ?
C'est le plus redpilled des youtubeur frenchie que je connaisse

Actually yeah, we are still using oil because of corporate interests.
We have the technology to suck kinetic or thermal energy directly from the Sun's core. That same technology can theoretically be used to created a microscope that map out electron interaction and orbit. By mapping electrons, you can see exactly how any two molecules will interact, and thus create a chemical cure to any disease by making sure your compound will interact only with the target cells or virus etc.
Corporate interest is globalist interest. They want nothing more than for everybody to stay calm, go to work, and wait for the elite to figure out how to turn them into permanent slaves

>implying the decimal system didn't fuck us up and prevente the rise of the glorious duodecimal system

having the technology is far different than having it operational. If you went back to the middle age do you think you could create a useful (not a toy) steam engine that didn't explode ?

As for the microscope... wtf ? Do you even wave–particle duality ? Or even observer effect ? Or maybe I'm just stupid and I need a link pls

>That Y axis

now that the christianity in west is declining, so does our civilization

and where does come our new pope from ?... latin america... you're exempted from any irrelevant commentary brazil

can someone the most important inventions of the middle age ? maybe that could nail it

What is considered a scientific advance ?

Until where I know the churches funded a lot of studies

what?

Start with this. It explains everything.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmgZ2dbyDXZ1U5xY2cvQ5Fjw2zmaRpD2_

Yeah I'm familiar with the observer effect. Trying to visualize an electron with an electron microscope is like trying to gauge where a car is and how fast it's going by hitting it with a boulder and then checking where the boulder landed.
Using tesla waves to provide feedback is potentially much more accurate.

That hole is from the fall of Rome and the rape and oppression of the Arab 'golden age'.

Shutting off trade on the Mediterranean basically fucked Europe for that time. Society is dependent on trade and constant raids for materials and slaves fucked Europe when it was weak. Christianity was one of the only things to hold together enough to defend the people. All of this leading to the crusades which were a defensive war. At least the first three were.

>implying technological/scientific advancement is the result of mondialism

I am ten seconds into this and I get the feeling its not going anywere good. Is this guy pretending to be a euforian or is it real?

Safe trade routes are the driving force beyond all others. One world government doesnt mean shit just that many people involved have some kind of system to make territory safe.

>le meme Christianism slowed down scientific progress and the world would have been better without it
>What does Sup Forums think about this popular belief ?
It's a superstitious belief with no bearing. I'm not even a Christian either.

>How to explain to degenerate liberals that their laws and morals are the legacy of Christianism ?
But it isn't. European laws are governed by secular held beliefs, at least for the most part. The only exception would be prostitution laws. Morals are inconsequential since nobody abids by them anyway.

>How to explain them that this religion was a medium for international diplomacy that unified western nations ?
Just tell them that a unified religion helped forge alliances, but also break them because the Vatican wanted too much, hence the Reformation.

>How to explain them that it helped maintaining social unity amongst peasants and shaped our most basic cultural concepts such as family ?
Social unity among the peasantry was based on family connections (i.e. legal matters tied to blood and name), although sharing religion and tradition helped people connect.

> implying other part of the world stopped their scientific advancement too
> implying we didn't steal their shit when we got out of the dark ages

Christianity not only protected scientific texts but is reponsible for the modern nation state and no incest in Europe unlike the rest of the world. In short, it's the reason that Europe outpaced the rest of the world.

people also seem to ignore all the technological and philosophical advances made during the dark ages. Like we somehow went from roving hordes to flying buttresses.

Hello Deutschbag

>European laws are governed by secular held beliefs, at least for the most part.
For the most part, Eurpean laws come from the Code Civil spread during the napoleonic wars, this text purpose was to unify french juridiction under one rule. You can go back as much as you like but at first their was the Roman laws which were heavily influenced by Christianism before the fall of the Empire.

>Morals are inconsequential since nobody abids by them anyway.
Explain how Chinese are perfectly ok with cloning animals while westerner have such a hard time only talking about it, also animal cruelty

>Social unity among the peasantry was based on family connections (i.e. legal matters tied to blood and name), although sharing religion and tradition helped people connect.
Do you know what polygamy is ? Tribal family ? Woman treated as objects, sold the second after their husband's death

name them

It's a good way to weed out the dumbasses in conversation.

>name all the technological advance in a 800 year span

im glad the dark ages happened when they did

would have been a lot worse to have a dark age occur any later than that

can you picture what the world would be like if nothing bad ever happened? these things make humanity stronger as a result

Say hello to the new dark ages of progress.

>tesla waves
wew lad

>explain
There is no explaining. These secular fags have literally built their own religion revolving around all this bullshit, and are dragging the West into the abyss with them.

>Go to a uncucked church
>Meet a qt3.14 grill
>Get married, have kids
>Get involved with the community and/or politics
>stock up on guns and non-perishable food items
>don't waste your money on stupid shit

This is how you beat the Jews and Marxists.

/thread

1. Christianity is sexist For one thing, Christianity did a myriad of good for women and children, The concept of marriage as a loving partnership between a man and woman, both of whom have some sort of equal value was unheard of. Women, while taught to be modest and submit to their husbands, also are required to be loved by their husbands. The Bible never speaks of a woman's place as inherently inferior to a man, she has different roles, but they are still equally valued by God and women played important roles in the early church.

2. The dark ages were terrible
Not entirely, the collapse of the Roman central authority actually did a lot of good in terms of society.
-with no more lati-fundi system of keeping slave plantations, and the disappearance of cities in favor of feudal lands, unemployment, a chronic problem in the roman empire, was eliminated
-with the collapse of trade and centralized government, income inequality was drastically reduced
-slavery as well virtually disappeared after Rome, and throughout the middle ages Christian theologians decried the practice as incompatible with Christian teachings
-The First universities were opened during the middle ages
-the scientific revolution was pioneered by Christians
3. "Degeneracy" was caused by Christian values of compassion for others
multiculturalism, modern feminism, social liberalism all occurred in the late 20th century, the same time Christianity began its decline in the West. Statistically, Evangelical Christians ie, those who most genuinely follow the Bible, are among the least likely to support gay marriage, and Black lives matter.

>How to explain to degenerate liberals that their laws and morals are the legacy of Christianism ?
Which laws? Christianity had few morals until the application of Greek philosophy in the second and third centuries outside of the laws of Moses. Furthermore, Christian 'morals' encompass everything from slavery to freedom, as the Bible is not a consistent book, as well as being wildly ahistorical.

>How to explain them that this religion was a medium for international diplomacy that unified western nations ?
Ah yes, the glorious unification of the Thirty Years War, the Northern Crusades, and the multitudinous wars of religion throughout Europe's history. Secondly, Europe did pretty well in international relations outside of Europe, as evinced by the fact that many European states allied with the Ottomans, their colonial neighbors, and others outside the realm of Europe at one point in time.

>How to explain them that it helped maintaining social unity amongst peasants and shaped our most basic cultural concepts such as family ?
Again, I am not entirely sure what you are referring to. The family unit and the family structure is something that is not consistent within Christianity, and there is strong evidence to suggest that the nuclear family existed before the rise of any Christian religion. It will likely continue after Christianity has returned to nothingness, too.

soap
paper
eyeglass
arabic numerals
university
mirror
gunpowder
blast furnace
hourglass
oil paint
chimney
quanrantine
corporatism and early taylorism

just stay a lazy illiterate fat-lazy-fuck amerifag

what doesn't kill me...

IQ is not representative of intelligence, or at least not all form of intelligence. IQ score is a manipulation to select the best slave to make the perfect worker livestock

you only read the title of the thread
right twitter cancer ?

>religions
>peacefully coexisting
My sides have transcended the earthly plane.

Exactly, and people forget that, during the late 18th and early 19th century, the social, philisophical, and cultural movement was Romantacism, a movement directly geared against the secular englightment which had brought about the French revolution and decades of war to Europe, this movement found inspiration not in the classical period, but in the middle ages

> Y axis is just labelled "scientific advancement" without any units of data

>Which laws?
huh... Common laws, you know... like all of them ? marriage to name only one

>Ah yes, the...
for all conflict you quote I can name 10 or 100 more where the Vatican influence/Christianism helped Europe

>nuclear family existed before the rise of any Christian religion
and spread how... ???

you didn't read what this thread was about I think, or maybe you have a chronic lack of attention, stop watching TV

I'm not religious but a lot of the hate christianity receives is the directl result of jewish media and academia.

Notice Polygamy was never accepted in Christian countries, We never had a society that had harems, multiple wives, or Eunuchs

But women are the real victims of war :^)
t. Hillary Clinton

>huh... Common laws, you know... like all of them ? marriage to name only one

Marriage can and does exist outside of the context of religion. Are we to assume that tariffs on pickles exist because of Christianity? That laws governing copyright are somehow scripturally based? What a facile argument. Almost every moral that we consider Christian has its roots in earlier philosophy which the Christians bowdlerized.

>for all conflict you quote I can name 10 or 100 more where the Vatican influence/Christianism helped Europe
Then do so. Also those wars' main cause was religion, at least you must admit that.

>and spread how... ???
The same way any cultural meme spreads, through contact with others. There is no reason to credit Christianity for this.

Take a logic class or two and try again.

> that picture
usually posted by people who are too stupid to understand its nonsense.
its faggotry over time, not science over time.

what are the criteria for scientific advancement and how can you calculate the slope of the curve for each period ?

>muh dark ages meme
universities are the product of the same dark ages you cry about.

>>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_medieval_universities

>"Hi, my name is _____ and I don't know what Mormonism is."

and those universities were populated by children of the ruling class who would inherit the power to keep everyone else uneducated and encourage the catholic church to take indulgences

Notice all the genocides, wars and death happening in the modern, post Christian world, whats the death toll since 1900? 100, 200, 300 million?

If our modern, progressive society is one in which millions died in war or revolution, and one in which millions of unborn children are not only murdered, but their murder is paraded as a triumph of human progress, then I want no part of this

women were allowed in the priesthood and then the catholic church covered it up

the dark ages were shit, and you're shit for equivocating and rationalizing about it

the scientific revolution was blocked by the church.

this is bait

1 example in which only a sect of a breakaway heretical religion accepted it and it was hundreds of miles away from Christian countries.

Civil law again is something not common amongst all Christianity and is again something that is not scriptually based. It was based off of Justinian's law code, which is the compilation of all Roman law. It is at best tangentially related to the teachings of Christ.

How were there rich religious people then?
How was it then that all the early disciples of Jesus were poor? And Jesus championed the poor while lambasting Greed and the rich?

Christians and Jews have been best friends for thousands of years. The people defending Israel the most are often the most ardent Christians. That is not disputable.

It's completely false and anyone who believes this is a total moron. The church sponsored tons of scientific study during the "dark ages" which weren't actually so dark (the first renaissance was in the later middle ages).

>le meme Christianism slowed down scientific progress
Why would that be just a meme? Christianity forced theology (totally useless subject) as no. 1 intelectual discipline for centuries.

>How to explain to degenerate liberals that their laws and morals are the legacy of Christianism?
Namely what? That bad people should have chance to repent their crimes? Puritanism?

>How to explain them that this religion was a medium for international diplomacy that unified western nations?
Didn't worked, t. Jiří z Poděbrad

>How to explain them that it helped maintaining social unity amongst peasants and shaped our most basic cultural concepts such as family?
Good point. Especially the bureaucracy for common folk helped us a lot in the long time, since Church effectivelly prohibited inbreeding. But I would not be so sure about shaping the concept of family. Family was already shaped by that time.

netherlands yes . oddly enough most of my family are retards

As a percentage of global population though, those numbers are not more significant. You think it was atheists who dropped bombs on Dresden?

They still accept Christ as their savior. It is still Christianity.

change christian dark ages into muslims attempting to conquer europe

1. If your first point is true, then it only supports my argument
2. The dark ages certainly were terrible, but again, the social problems the Romans had all went away, And Europe, while still Christian underwent the Renaissance
3. No it didn't it, Galileo's recant didn't suddenly stop scientific progress
Also, the biggest point is that Christianity somehow caused the Dark ages, no, Christianity did not cause the fall of Rome, Roman internal and external problems did.

>Christianity did not cause the fall of Rome
>the massive schisms caused directly because of the Church and theological debates were useful

Read a book, child.

those writings were kept by kings to keep their aristocrats educated and knowledgeable to keep their subject oppressed and illiterate. universities were and in many ways are still for the rich upper classes. even today if you can't afford to go to school, you have to get a predatory loan and employment still isn't guaranteed. my country is shit because of it.

And its still only 1 sect, of Mormonism what accepted polygamy.
Throughout the bible, marriage is described as being between one man and one woman, from Genesis, to Christ's teachings.

bullshit. we all know feudalism and civil wars were internal events. just because some middle eastern invaders came doesn't mean all of them were muslims and it didn't mean all of europe was in danger from having it's self-inflicted abuse in jeopardy from foreign abuse

Explain how they contributed to Rome's fall

Hey Pierre how the fuck do you measure "scientific advancement?"

Which book should he read?

youtube.com/watch?v=Cqzq01i2O3U

Which Bible are you referring to? The one where Solomon was wise and had many wives? The one where women can be bought and sold? That Bible?

It doesn't matter how many sects of it there are. Is Mormonism Christian are not?

>how does internal strife and conflict contribute to a nation's fall

Am I talking to a second grader? How old are you?

Judging from his poor logic skills, any book would do.

why would the rich set up schools and charities for the poor?
>implying feudalism was objectivly bad or good
it created a decentralized system of government preventing the tyranny of one king and localized government to an extreme degree, thats it, it worked for the time.
Wars will occur no matter what

Relax. No one cares about Internet atheists' take on history, senpai

>unified western nations

When?

rome was christian allready. christianity didnt destroy it - barbars did

Your civilization is already collapsed

With le euphoric graph of course.
Modern science was brought about by both the enlightenment and the industrial revolution, the biggest social-economic event since the creation of agriculture. Clearly Christians had been actively preventing us from using steam engines in the 1300's