What is the best movie of 2017?

What is the best movie of 2017?

Cuckold Gangbang Wives 4

came here to post this

>pic not related

GotG2 was paced badly and was boring as fuck too much cgi explosions and shit was worse than transformers

Obviously baby driver, Edgar Wright is fucking amazing and the main character is autistic like all of you

John wick 2

Anything with Jared Leto in it is garbage

FPBP.

It's got to be John Wick 2!

easy one my dude
Theres one that puts the rest to shame

The Emoji Movie

This and "Jackie" were both great. I still need to see a few other movies, like Baby Driver and Atomic Blonde. But it seems almost all of the mega-movies are shit as usual. The cinema is dead, but one off movies, indie, and foreign films are all still strong to pick up where Hollywood is failing.

My favourite movie opening of all time use to be pulp fiction, it is now baby driver

Just watched it. True to the original and I liked it, but still about 30 mins too long. It dragged like the original’s Director’s cut dragged (I prefer original cut).
Also, it suffered a little from feminism. Too much emphasis was put on the notion of
>See? Women can be badass Kung fu replicant killers too!
And it detracted from the movie IMO.

IT is far, far better, and the movie of the year so far.

Baby Driver > John Wick 2

In Baby Driver the love interest is a two dimensional waitress with a southern accent and 50s hair, it couldn't be less feminist

Dunkirk for sure.

What are you talking about? It was a half assed rehash of Drive. Not original in the slightest. Everything from the opening to the love angle was so blatantly Drive.

< - This

none. all movies last few years have been horrible abominations, aimed at the white-trash/feminist audience. read a book instead

Agree.
Even the psychopathy of the antagonist.
Albert Brooks > Jaimie Foxx

Pic related is my favourite so far this year.
HIGHLY recommended.

I also liked "Baby Driver" and "American Made". I would also highly recommend the latter.
American Made has been poorly marketed IMO; everyone thinks it's just a dumb Tom Cruise action movie. But it's really more of a "heist movie" and well worth checking out.

Then that swings the other way into bad writing.
It’s a balance-to portray a realistic world, characters have to have limitations, but too limited and they’re not real.

it literally has the title of the movie its making fun of in its own name
>complaining thats its copying
obviously it is

I didn't even read the synopsis and I knew it was a parody just by its name

Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch in the cold? When did this come out?

this

It's still in theatres. It's gritty and realistic, and the cinematography is gorgeous. There's a good mix of action and suspense. I won't spoil it for you, but I will say that it's a murder mystery set on an Indian reservation. And they don't pull any punches when it comes to depicting just how shit life on the 'rez is IRL.

>Driver
>Drive
>Try again

If it was supposed to be a parody than it just failed at succeeding. It was just a shitty movie. Didn't laugh once and forced myself to get through it all.

And what the fuck happened with Kevin Spacey's complete 180 during the final act? Where the hell did that come from? First he threatens Baby and then he risks his life to safe his? Where the hell did that come from? The movie was a mess.

I'm not defending it, but I rationalised it thus: Maybe Kevin Spacey helped Baby because he knew he was fucked after the black dude shot all the arms dealers and cops whom Spacey had in his pocket

This fucking movie. First horror I've seen in nearly 2 decades that didn't rely solely on jump scares (there were some) to have an impact. There were at least two scenes that genuinely made my hair stand on end and frightened me. First hour felt like one long anxiety attack.
Good mix of upbeat humor sown through to get you just comfortable enough again to be fucked with. Really enjoyed it.

If he was fucked either way, then why would he choose to give his life to save Baby's rather than just kill him or take off? It made not a single lick of sense.

>Edgar Wright
>Bad writing

Are you retarded? He has his on style that isn't Christian Bale being really sad for 2 hours or whatever is popular nowadays

Watch the conjuring

Or it follows

Or The Witch

You clearly don't understand filmmaking. Go watch suicide squad again edge lord

The Witch is fucking amazing but it's mislabeled as a horror, I'd call it a supernatural period piece.

And you need to watch it with subtitles because they talk entirely in bible verses that are impossible to understand

Hurr durr Christopher Nolan is modern day Martin Scorsese my film studies teacher doesn't get it!!1!!1!

i liked baby driver but it dragged way too long it was an hour long film stretched out. it was great but not long after everything turns to shit near the end it starts too drag

hate on Nolan as much as you want. You cannot deny that it was a good film.

Fair enough, the white Christmas guy probably should hadn't have come back to life 8 times but other than that I loved it

There wasn't even any magic

This by far. Exceeded all my expectations.

i found it really fun and the music and dialogue was great it just felt too much near the end were it has still great music but its just turns into fighting and smashing cars into each other.

big fan of edgar wright and this isn't what i thinks his worst as that goes to the worlds end shaun of the dead but aliens fucking fantastic

>I can't explain to you why it's a good movie, but it was made by Edgar Wright so it has to be good right? I know, I'll just pretend that everyone with legitimate criticism of it simply doesn't understand how movies work. YEAH!

It's a psa about natives murdered in Canada.cheif stompaho can do what he wants on the res,so laws don't apply.good movie but if they don't give a rip about their own people why do I.

I really loved Wind River. But it's now second on my list for the year after Blade Runner 2049.

But the year isn't over. A new Lanthimos movie is coming out

they were all shit

>murdered in Canada

Uh, it's set in Wyoming and filmed there. I was up there the week before it came out to watch the eclipse.

>soundtrack
>acting
>writing
>cinematography
>directing
>casting

Everything is a 10/10

No. Literally everything you listed was shit. Except maybe the soundtrack. Everything that it took to actually make the movie was complete trash. I can't believe people actually think it was great.

Thank me later

Not even out yet and it’s still true.

Yeah if mark hamil complains about it it must be great

Looks amazing, I'm betting this will be the best Star Wars ever made, and that episode IX will be the worst since revenge of the sith

Oh haha you're baiting

John Wick 2 ALL THE WAYYYYY!!!!!111!!1!1

National Treasure 3

Spiderman was so cool! Zendaya is so sexy!! And he is such my hero. I know that sounds faggoty but was actuall good movie. Suicide squad saved superheroes from gayness and spiderman build on that