Post a better single every day carry than this brilliant work of art. Multitools are not accepted

Post a better single every day carry than this brilliant work of art. Multitools are not accepted.
> protip: you can't

You monster!

come at me fgt

Swiss Army knife - because you never know when you'll need to open a bottle of wine from the 90s.

Wenger/Victorinox sources their steel from Switzerland or France, depending on price, availability, etc. It's typically not heat-treated that hard, 55 RC or so, but is easy to sharpen, takes an excellent edge, is quite tough and very stain resistant. Works for a lot of people.

> Sharp blade that holds its edge
> file
> can opener
> bottle opener
> leather punch
> corkscrew

got this swiss blade from my grandpa n i cut stuff w it, mines way bigger faggot

The deluxe Swiss is too bulky in my opinion to make an excellent EDC

ill fuck you up kiddo
you n me knife battle tommorow 3 o clock
be there, or be a fucking square

Buy a leatherman.That's a piece of shit.

Carry one every day. Use it every day. Excellent tool.

Is that not a multitool?

the version with the phillips head screwdriver is much more useful than the corkscrew one

Nothing better than a knife made for the army of a nation that didn't even fight in the World Wars. That said I carry one daily myself.

I've used my Swiss army knife more than any other knife I've ever owned

Blades all face fucked.

Because this is a man's utility. It gets used at very minimum weekly. And this is for at least 30 years

The blades are excellent on them too. A quick rub with a Victorinox sharpener once a month and they never dull.

Exactly. They are quite durable and hold their edge well. My blade is extremely cosmetically damaged, but it has held it's integrity for at least 30 years with heavy use

It is a multi-tool. Leatherman is more versatile and sturdier. Better design too

Multitools are too bulky to EDC, even with the cute little pouch on your belt

Implying carrying a pocket knife equates to manhood. Okay user.

People have been carrying knives for ever user. It's a tool. And a man who doesn't use tools on the reg is nothing more than a boy.

Those things tend to be large and heavy. Not very practical for carrying every day. With the Swiss knife, you barely know its in your pocket.

Wrong. Some are much smaller than your non locking Swiss brick. The design is archaic. Chop a finger off yet?

Never did anyone imply carrying a knife makes you a man. How i use my knife is what makes me a man

link?

Or possibly just hires other "men" to do manual lobor and routine repairs.

Any multitool smaller than my Swiss is a fucking flimsy piece of cheap garbage

Tiny and more useful than your old knife.

Sure, let's hire someone to cut a piece of twine for us, thats REAL man

I disagree

You are like a small babby

Don't have to carry a brick to cut twine user.

more useful? what does it contain? At this time of year, I use the saw on my knife several times a day to remove branches. Is there a saw?

A multi-tool

jesus, who the hell are you m8, crocodile fucking dundee?

Cuck detected

I don't try to fix things or do whatever tinkering you do with a small pocketknife, so i must be a baby. I can almost guarantee your an effeminate ex Boy Scout.

Cut branches! Lmao. I use an actual saw that's dedicated for the task, not a god damn pocketknife.

That was my jam.
Then I went paddling and dumped it into the lake.
Damn lakes lol

EDC a leatherman sidekick.
What up.

This. Millennial know the best wine comes in a box.

The saw on my knife is better than almost any saw I have bought. I only use it for cutting branches up to about 2 inch diameter maybe. Have had my current knife almost 4 yrs, the saw is still sharp and it saves me from having to go and get a pruning saw regularly.

>carrying anything other than a Leatherman
Casual.

In a few weeks, I will prune large patches of raspberries, blackcurrants, gooseberries and red currants. I always use my saw on the knife for it as it easier to get into the branches you want to cut.

Do you use it for light hammering too. Enjoy your 3 inch square handle and 3 inch blade. If I'm at home, I'll use something meant for the job.

Exactly. And you won't lose a finger in the process.

Then stop getting harbor freight saws

As a matter of fact, yes I do. All summer I was using a strimmer with a head that jammed. When I wanted to open the head to let out more line, I would have to hammer at it with something. I would use the end of my knife. I have hammered away with it all summer and there is zero damage to it. These are exceptionally well made items

These pruning saws are primarily for large tree branches with plenty of room around them. They are extremely awkward to use on something like blackcurrant. The knife is superior.

For you not aware, the Swiss knifes saw blade is engineered brilliantly. It has dual directional cut with dual tooth pattern. Nice try faggots

For something that small, I'd use shears but whatever.

Why on earth go get your shears when you have a Swiss knife already in your pocket?

Do these POSs come with locking blades yet? Almost lost my finger years back.

I presume you mean secateurs. Blackcurrant branches are a little too big and woody to get a good cut with secateurs. You also would then have to carry secateurs around too.

can't beat it

tbh its the smallest legal knife i can carry here sadface but i use it at my job when im not shanking kids with it

If I'm going to prune bushes in my yard it's not some random thought. I'll go to the garage and get the appropriate tool and not resort to whatever less-than-ideal tool I happen to be carrying around in a pocket.

The newer models do. I have one of these and it's by far my favourite pocket knife. A leatherman is superior in every way but for everyday carry I still prefer a swiss.

The Swiss knife truly shines when regarding no pre-planned task

I'm doing this at my work though and the tool I choose is ideal. I have tried all others, nothing beats the saw on my knife for many pruning tasks.

Notice the photo in OP. Do you see the logo? This is a very old Swiss given to me when I was very young. I have been using it for at least 30 years with no issue whatsoever. The Swiss knife was developed in 1891 to beat the competition of past German manufacturers. And it's been the every day go-to carry ever since

I get that. I guess I'm not doing a lot of random cutting and screw driving so the convenience factor is lost on me. Seems silly to lug around all the time.

You sound nostalgic. The design of newer multi-tools is unbeatable. Safety, strength, leverage, functionality - all better.

It is 3 and a bit inches long and less than an inch wide. You hardly have to "lug it around". I bet you have a smartphone that is twice as long and probably 5 times the times the width and you lug it around.

It's truly nothing to lug. It's a small compact knife to throw in your pocket to forget about until you need it. I do not notice mine in my pocket, ever. Keep it beside my keys on my kitchen counter, never leave home without it

The multitool is simply not ideal due to size and weight. The smaller multitool is flimsy due to multiple connecting points versus size

A BIC lighter is literally larger

They really aren't. I have used a few and they do not feel as good in the hand, the blades are inferior and most dont have a saw. They are also ridiculously overpriced.

This one suits me. I don't need a toothpick or a corkscrew.

Can you faggots be even more insecure about your masculinity?

For $30 you can purchase an authentic, very well crafted, Swedish or French stainless blade with multiple functionality. Might i add, that Swiss blade is very tough and stays exceptionally well-edged. Literally can't beat it.

Missing the single most useful tool... pliers.

The weight of this knife compared to the Swiss automatically renders this argument invalid

>faggots

Just joined the club. Feeling more masculine now user?

Pliers do not make up for the weight added. It's simply not an ideal EDC

Do you need a blade that's not made of pot metal?

depends on your job, I rarely have need of pliers

>faggots
I see the point you're trying to make but it's a commonly used word on this board. Almost like "bro" or something. Nice try tough, faggot. You can now continue to post about your superior knife.

Also, look at the quality steele used in that blade... It's very cringeworthy

So, you're admittedly just a troll repeating everything you hear without a single original thought of your own. Okay. Carry on, lemming.

Several online reviews of Swiss army vs leatherman. Leatherman seems to win in most categories other than weight and quality (both equal in quality). Both are good and your choice will depend on personal needs and preferences. It's like debating what caliber of gun is the best as there is no definitively correct answer.

What the fuck are you talking about? Are you having a brain damage from being miserably unable to come up with something to say when I imply that your manhood's existence literally depend on a fucking tool?

>Multitools are not accepted.
>posts a multitool anyways

Settle down dude. Just debating multi tools. Nothing to get your panties in a bunch about. You're apparently bored of trap and cock threads so you're literally bringing your faggotry in here. Troll on. Nice cartoon pic. Haha.

Leatherman costs much more though. My swiss knife is £17, the cheapest comparable Leatherman is £70. The blades on the leatherman also, are not as good.

Keep tools in your car and an adult sized blade in your pocket.

You'll seldom get anything done with a small, brittle, hard to sharpen blade that can't be replaced. When the tip snaps off you may as well throw the whole thing out.

>small, brittle, hard to sharpen blade
so, you have never used one then

False. The standard multitool is classified by pliers.

My good man you're pathetic. Serious cringe.

This is cringe. Prepubescent tier cringe.

Ive owned dozens of multi-tools, and have only owned one that had a single tool or blade that did it's job, and it was far too bulky and hard to maintain to make it worth carrying.

Are you using your swiss knife constantly like people use their phones constantly?

>having a brain damage

This is what I keep in my pocket and it is indeed the ultimate Victorinox.

Weight means nothing to me. With the junk I carry in my pockets I'm 6 pounds heavier. I can handle it.

The steele leatherman is composed of is not comparable to Swiss/French steele. The tip of the leatherman will snap prying . The swiss, however, will lift said wood

Not to mention proper sharpening is time consuming, difficult, and with the small size of the blades, you can't use a wedge sharpener and expect to keep the blade for more than a year.