ITT: Reasons not to do drugs besides "youll get addicted and die". I think drugs are great when used properly...

ITT: Reasons not to do drugs besides "youll get addicted and die". I think drugs are great when used properly, but I wish drug education would have been more than basic fear tactics. What does Sup Forums wish they knew, and how have you fucked up in the past?

Other urls found in this thread:

politiken.dk/indland/art4781653/Kokain-fundet-på-Christiansborg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ive had mostly positive experiences, but caught a minor case of HPPD by combining psychedelics and stimulants.

The only time I've really fucked up was when I ate six grams of shrooms. I had done it before and gotten a pretty bad trip, but I ended up doing it again quite a few years after and had the worst bad trip I'v eever had.

Other than that I do pretty fine. The only thing I abuse is alcohol, which funnily enough, is socially acceptable. Just as long as you don't beat your kids and wife or molest them.

I think the spazzes in government should let a little more loose and get a little fucked to see that it isn't that bad or dangerous, or maybe they already do and want it all for themselves

Well some drugs can get your latent mental issues to spring forward, most drugs are bad for your health

The only valid reason to avoid drugs is if you have health issues that may get worsened by the use of drugs. Heart problems? Avoid stimulants. Mental health issues? Avoid psychs. Not currently brain dead? Avoid del

They cost money, more you take, more tolerance you have = more drugs/more money.

They disrupt your natural mind. Though a good argument can be made for psilocybin. I left drugs behind because I am less concerned with skewing my perception of the bad into good and choose to focus on exacting as much good as possible into the world so at the very least I don’t contribute to what makes a situation bad. If I can reduce suffering even 0.1 percent in the world I can be proud of myself. Though I fully understand your choice to do drugs and hope you can steer away from it but if you feel you need to do it to manage in the cruel world and it reduces your suffering then at least you are dissatisfied with the bad and that’s the spark of divinity present in you.

It's immature to imply people do drugs only to escape reality and their sober mind, and it's more wrong to imply anyone is going to consume any drug to the point of tolerance. Many people do both, but recreational drug use is very real, people just don't understand safe usage habits it seems.
The problem is rooted in elementary-high school drug education, where you're taught that every one who tries blow is instantly hooked, and those that aren't overdosed and died.
The addiction aspect isn't covered well either, they simply explain it hurts your and your associates lives and can lead to crime, death and debt. If you were to show a freshman class someone who's dopesick and actually going through the after effects of addiction that would put them off from smack.

Neuroadaptation causes change to the dopamine reward system inducing feelings of anhedonia while sober. Personally i was addicted to pain killers at 14 years old and continued using drugs and still do. The last few years I've become a major alcoholic and it's hard to get through anything without drinking. Drugs can be fun but if used in excess could be detrimental. Just like anything else is life, the key is moderation in my opinion.

bad for your teeth, bad for your wallet

Cont.
Instead these kids see that they have friends or classmates who've tried cocaine, meth, pills etc. and that they are obviously not dead, and most of them not addicted. That leads to a false sense of security and a belief that everything these kids were taught is wrong and that drugs are pretty safe.
Drugs can be safe, and drugs can be monstrous, you need to know how to use drugs plain & simple.

I wish I knew how fucked in the head my family was when I was a kid. I might have managed to get away from them and become a normal person a lot sooner.

i cant smoke weed anymore due to ptsd, schizophrenia, i dont really miss it... i miss socializing with people on it more, id still smoke if i had a qt to cuddle and play vidya with... i do miss coke tho, but i still dont even think about it enough to say im an addict

Dont want to spend money on it and i dont feel like doing them

Reasons not to do drugs?

I can only think of two:
- The good stuff is pretty expensive
- The good stuff is hard to come by

dam this is very profound and thoughtful user i respect u a lot

reminds me of sumthing david lynch wud say lol

Use to smoke weed and do tons of Xans almost died on Xans some guy pointed a gun to my head when I was 17 yikes went through horrible withdrawal I'm sober now and look and feel much better. I still smoke weed on the weekends though it helps me clear my mind and think about stuff like how I'm a asshole to people and stuff but i know it's just the drug messing with my mind and when I'm sober that's the real me

Coke is ruining my life. Once every few months is manageable. Now it's every Friday and my mind is deteriorating.

Pic unrelated

when the double vision sets in, stop smoking the crack. protip: trust me you dont wanna know how i know

amateur

>good stuff is expensive and hard to come by
Wrong. Crack is good, cheap, and easy to get

I know user i was supposed to be in work today but been binging since saturday. I want to die tbh. I have a 6 month old son an a wife who is a good person. They dont deserve this. I hide it but i am becoming to frequent and i just keep going.

I wish I knew that adhd medication was basically speed.

A piece of shit friend gave me a 70mg capsule of Vyvanse which is the highest dose they make. I told him it wouldn't do anything because I don't have adhd and he said just take it.

Thats how I got addicted to amphetamines for the past 7 years and its completely fucked my lfie. I wish I could go beat the shit out of him.

I've fell to drugs/ mainly alcohol in this way.
Drugs need new teachings!

The only reason I’m not hooked on a plethora of drugs is I don’t want to lose my job.

Benefits vs pros of drugs depend on two things

>1. The drug
>2. The person

Some people are very self content and can experiment with even highly addictive substances like heroin and step away fine
Others become attached because of problems in their life

In all the models of drug addiction we have on monkeys and rats we discover that drugs are addictive for about 3% of the population. The other 97% are only addicted if their life is shit (rats and monkeys in small cages take heroin or coke but happy rats and monkeys in big social cages simply refuse it after the first try and a few others take it once or twice every now and then, same as humans).

So in short, there are no real reasons not to do drugs other than you might find out you have an addictive personality or you're in a shitty place in life and use them to cope.

I suppose if you're taking research chemicals or whatever you're also putting your health at risk.

>Crack is good
It's the coca cola of drugs- cheap nasty shit that tastes good if you have the taste buds or mentality of a 12 year old

i wish i'd known cannabis can induce schizophrenia

also wish i'd known that when you give up cigarettes that you often put weight on

Waste of time. And money.
You ahold be doing something productive for society. Or improving yourself.

the only reason not to do drugs that is legit is that they will fuck up your health. If it wasnt for things like heart enlargement, heart attack risk, and CNS damage, there would be no good reason no to do them.

agreed
same goes for lotto, i wasted thousands on that shit/ before realizing that the Canadian pension fund who bought it out, had made it even harder to win

I've dabbled in drugs only as an escape from reality when I was heart broken. Every time my heart breaks I get back on the wagon and I try to find solace.
I wish someone could tell me how to move on without using drugs

by looking for a totally new experience via a different woman

But what if you don't feel like hanging out with the other girl at all? I feel like I want to be with this person and nobody else

From what I can tell, its only because the opposition can expose it and use it against them, make them look irresponsible. There's just not enough influence/influential figures to quell that stigma, at the moment.

So in this line of speaking; giving them a try is fine but taking them regularly can be detrimental.

I came from a similar situation as yourself, had a few bad experiences, but some really good ones in contrast. But I don't really rely on it, anymore.

I remember there was a swab test once of danish toilet seats to figure out where there were the most remains of cocain and other substances, and where there were most frequent and large quantities of remnants was at the danish government building (christiansborg).

I think they have to start thinking about what they're doing

I was a bad pain killer addict and drinker... I parsed it down to just using Kratom which is way better.

I find that when I fall off the wagon I am trying to avoid life shit... just need to stay focused.

I dunno, I take drugs to help write

>maybe they already do and want it all for themselves
Correct.

>its only because the opposition can expose it and use it against them, make them look irresponsible
These days I think it would backfire on the moralists reeeeeeeing about it. There are more important things to worry about.

I'd be very interested to see those studies. Cynical as this may sound, though, I think it won't make much of a difference, as most senators are just after seats rather than real change. For example, I'd love for there to be prescription-based MDMA.

Maybe a little exaggerated on the "most" part, but it was definitely there

This is just one article mentioning it

politiken.dk/indland/art4781653/Kokain-fundet-på-Christiansborg

There's loads more that are more in depth

I just think this is the most credible since they don't usually run with slander

>These days I think it would backfire
I think we're finally starting to get over the stain that Nixon left behind, yeah. But I think the elephant in the room has to really be addressed for something to actually be done.

People that think they can control their opiate use and end up getting horribly addicted to heroin
Used to read about people getting hella addicted and thought it wouldn't happen to me.
>got addicted to heroin

>"The information surprises me. If it is true that there is cocaine at Christiansborg, I obviously take a distance from it. And in that case it's a police case, "he says to BT

Yeah I thought this would turn into a moral highground thing. The chairman probably does it, himself, for all I know.

I think presciption based MDMA could turn sour in the regards of tolerance building. Speed is already available as medicine, and I know this dude who has a whole jar of ritalin to sell to people.

But in general I just think drugs should be free to trade at pharmacies. It would really be much better in many regards, and it'd be able to kill the criminal community around it through taxes (That some people seem to hate for some reason)

I wouldn't be surprised either if they ALL did it. Hell, it must be easy to be tempted to do it to wind down.

If you have a mental illess it's probably better to stay away from all of it

>it'd be able to kill the criminal community around it through taxes
I reckon you hit the nail on the head. A big stake in criminal activity, and a big stake in the police force's payroll.

Yeah and CIA, that war on drugs. Hell, the only reason they've chosen to keep the panama canal is because of the cocaine being shipped out

First time doing xans I took 6 bars at school. Fell down the stairs and broke my leg, at least I got some pain killers tho.

I believe the study in question is called 'Rat Park' and a great one at that. A rat's brain tends to reflect a human's behaviour quite well.

Basically as long as you've got access to good food, a nice environment and sex; you'd basically have no reason to use drugs.

I always hated this argument. It's correct if you're an addict, sure, but what's the difference between someone smoking weed for a couple hours vs playing video games for a couple hours? What's the difference between going on a bender or going on a vacation? Look man, I do recreational drugs because I only spend my recreational time doing drugs. You're not supposed to be productive all the fucking time. Watch a movie for fuck's sake.

Therefore, those who vend hard drugs need to produce a world full of shitty food, crap environment, and scarce sex.

How about this useless cuck meme you call "society" produce something useful for me? Why are you so eager to take dick from an imaginary friend?