I just went to the doctor and I have mono, my tonsils are so swollen they're touching and they're covered in pus...

I just went to the doctor and I have mono, my tonsils are so swollen they're touching and they're covered in pus, I've tried everything to get past the pain (tea, mouthwash, salt mouthwash, icecream, advil, tylenol, everything imaginable) and nothing can get me past the pain, any recommendations to help cure the pain?

Recite a demonic ritual

Just had it too, only thing that helped is I gargle ice cold soda water

Salt that shit more nigga

Sorry Sup Forumsro, that’s cancer.

R E M O V E T O N S I L S

tried that, apparently I can only spray the front of my tonsils (too swollen to reach behind) so the majority of the pain is behind, not trying to sound like a Sup Forumsitch but the pain has gotten unbearable

you can only get your tonsils removed after I get cured (which I probably will) else I'd be in there myself with a goddamn steak knife cutting this hoes out

gargling with cayenne pepper helped the pain when i had strep throat look it up

i feel you dude, i got through there too. I just took the maximum dosage allowed paracetamol + ibuprofen, it was hardly enough.
Best way to get cured it to rest. Alot. Took me 3 full weeks sleeping almost all day long to get this shit over with.

Cortosteroids like prednisone, and a steroid injection helped me. The doctor will give you codeine if you ask nice enough.

Former mono sufferer here. Fatigue will last about 3 months but your throat will clear up in a few weeks.

Wait till your teeth loosen up.
Wear braces or something that straightens your teeth.
???
Prophet.

OP here, tempting but not really

my nigga

but seriously, alcohol's gonna dry it out and make it worse

only logical solution is to butt chug

So sorry. Buy benzocaine from the pharmacy-- or look for a box/toothpaste-like-container that lists benzocaine as the primary ingredient. Spread that shit all over your mouth. You'll get temporary relief, not for long until you need to reapply, but it will be worth it.

I was just at the doctor, no go to injections or anything like codeine or steroids because I'm in a sport

> salt mouthwash

Youi're supposed to gargle the salt water. It should loosen up some of the pus.

Water should be very warm and very salty.

Avoid acidic foods and other irritants, as well as sugary things. This includes regular mouthwash and ice cream.

>implying you're going to be "in" a sport while you have mono
yeah, about that

yeah that's the problem, I wasn't gonna argue with her

cleaning your tonsils out is a regular part of your oral health. Anyone who gets their tonsils removed has poor oral health and has no idea how to clean their tonsils. Get a waterpic and blast away all that nasty white shit. Your breath is probably rancid as fuck.

Death helps, but only for a little while.

welcome to puberty nerd

get some of those halls throat drops that are either the menthol-lyptus or the intense cool ones. The menthol could help with the pain, and the throat drops could help clear out the congestion/pus. Dont get the flavored ones, they arent as strong.

watermelon

clove powder is pretty good for tooth pain, try it on your tonsils

pain pills, then sleep it off

OP here
It's mono, you get it in any one of your glands and you're fucked, you're like those niggers that act like unless you chew gum 24/7 you're gonna get bad breath
Aight I'll try
what does this have to do with anything? Mono primarily affects little kids
ooga booga
uhhhh hard pass on herbal remedies
current plan

I'm not that user, but at least look it up before you reject it, you egotistical ass
The red cross recommends it for tooth pain

Clove power, that is

>mono
Why haven't I heard of this or known anyone who has had it? Is it called something else? What the fuck are you putting in your mouth?

different user here,

don't do these just stick with the plan of taking pain pills and sleeping it off, any illness is best cured with lots of sleep, and pain pills help you sleep

You must travel to the pope in the heart of rome and gargle is holy all healing cum.

Are you a virgin?

Look it up, m8, cloves are legit dentistry, not just a meme out of Marathon Man.

Lots of alcohol and pain pills, sleep it off

This is what Americans call glandular fever

Get a needle-nose plier and pluck those things out. Instant pain relief.

Tell the doctor you are having trouble eating because it hurts so bad, you can get a prescription of lidocaine to gargle which will numb your mouth

cough syrup with codeine did it for me.

Hello Op, I have just gotten over this a few months back and it was a hell of a fight for me to stop it.

I felt ill as fuck and had to go in work because the boss is a cunt.
I used Cotton swabs to pick as much of the white shit out of my throat, Then i used eba y to get some colloidal silver spray.

A week later i was on the mend and soon free from pain, good luck

Get those motherfuckers removed

hot apple cider. it worked for me when i had strep.

Oxycontin, preferably 160mg, 30 mins and boom, euphoria

Cocanut Oil and stop drinking milk

Amoxicilina + acido clavuronico off 1 grams. One píldora eche 8 hours. For 10 days

gargle that shit spray a fuckton then just lay on your back and let that shit soak on there

I had abscess tonsils. Literally the shittiest I've ever felt. It got so bad I could barely swallow water.

I taped up a knife except for the tip and was trying to pop my puss filled tonsils, thinking that it would help with the pain. I finally went to the doctors and they told me that if I had popped them I probably would have died.

They gave me a steroid shot in my ass and I was as good as new in a couple of days.

honey kill bacteria maybe drink some and let those fucker soak in it? cold metal? alcohol helps with pain to and you can't get a hangover if you keep drinking

Hey OP try spray with lidocain, it might help you out.
Cheers!

doctor could give u some shit to numb ur throat, throat coat tea might help too, i fogot the name of the throat numbing stuff, i have some in my drawer but im not gonna get up and look for it

have you tried the regular use of opiates

Had this like 2 weeks ago, best thing to do is get to doctor asap get on the antibiotics on take 3 at once when you start them, after 2/3 days pain will go then after that youll see your tonsils go back to normal - in regards to pain relief use difflam to numb it, and i was taking 2 paracetamol and 2 ibuprofen at once(4 tablets) , 4 times a day as that was keeping most of the pain away, also don't wrap your self up loads wear like a tracksuit nothing more no matter how cold you feel.