Pop punk

Why do so many college age kids and beyond love pop punk so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i0dNMahb5jM
youtube.com/watch?v=lic0oCDMfwk
youtube.com/watch?v=wnaX0ePPo5A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because they want to be edgy but can't handle music with actual edge, and can only get into stuff that sounds poppy

What's your argument for people who like both?

chill out dude its fun

the punk part is the potentially difficult part to enjoy, if you already enjoy punk, odds are you enjoy poppier sounding punk as well.

Because it all sounds the same and it's good to be safe with accessible music

because its fun and im gay

It was really popular when they were in middle school.

But........
who DOESN'T love The Ramones, The Buzzcocks, The Undertones and/or The Descendants?

pop punk isn't edgy at all fag

That's old school pop punk

WAY better than modern/new school

there's still some good new bands with the old sound. most of the popular shit is trash though.

because fall out boy and panic actually have good albums

bc i wanna fuck girls like this
what am i doing wrong?

Yeah good old school pop punk bands that are still around include The Copyrights, Masked Intruder, Teenage Bottlerocket, The Murderburgers, Hospital Job, Direct Hit! etc.

The Ramones are garbage tho

>pop punk
so the same as saying mouthless oral

Because they grew up with it. They're a little younger than me roughly, and it's all the same stuff I listened to growing up. But as music became my number 1 hobby and I went to listen to diverse and crazy shit. They weren't that bothered and just listened to what they knew they liked and just continued to seek out stuff like that. It's not difficult to understand. It's the same reason my parents love George Michael and my grandparents like Buddy Holly.

What is THE punk song?
My suggestions are
-Teenage Kicks
-Outdoor Miner
-Damaged Goods

youtube.com/watch?v=i0dNMahb5jM

youtube.com/watch?v=lic0oCDMfwk

>pop punk is for kids who want to be edgy
>can't handle music with actual edge
Are you mayhaps retarded?

I like punk, I like pop, I like pop punk.

Teenage Kicks 100%, not that OM is bad (it's great), but I think it defines the genre better. I've honestly never even considered Gang of Four to be pop punk

wrong

Because New Found Glory gets all the girls. Rawr.

Because The Buzzcocks are awesome

Green Day and Blink-182 are my guilty pleasures

Pop punk has more in common with proper old school punk like Buzzcocks, Stiff Little Fingers etc than modern punk does
youtube.com/watch?v=wnaX0ePPo5A

Because it's the perfect blend of subculture aestethic and corporatized, bland, music.

Wrong I know what "Edgy" is. Enough to know that what is and isn't edgy changes overtime. I listen to some poop punk.