Have a job intereview with pic related this week as a seasonal warehouse associate as my town is having a whole amazon...

have a job intereview with pic related this week as a seasonal warehouse associate as my town is having a whole amazon place built in it, what am I in for

You will on average be walking 12 miles a day during your 10 hour shift 4 days a week.

Easiest thing in the world, it'll be you and a bunch of other people doing a test to see if you can do some simple item identification, that's about it. They don't require a high school diploma anymore, I know guys who work there who can't read.

so in my area I'll be working with a bunch of spics, great

The interview is easy.

But be prepared to get fucked by the long barbed dick of capitalism.

You're in for a mundane piece of shit nine five job that leads to no where and brings you no where. Expect this for the rest of your wasted life unless you start making serious changes. Also be prepared to battle manic depression as you teeter between the realization of the life that you have wasted and what you could or might have been.

They make you do a mouth swab for drugs right there. I did some dabs like 3 days earlier and am currently waiting to hear back. So basically don't do any drugs before it.

good thing its seasonal then right?

Paid to work out. Not a bad deal

last time i did any drugs was about a month ago when my brother got some edibles and he game me a candy, think it would be long enough out to pass?

>seasonal warehouse associate
You're gonna be stocking shit. You can't be stupid enough to fuck up that interview.

Worst that can happen is you fail and find something else.

They will keep track of every minute you're on the clock and if you drop below a certain productivity level per manhour of labor cost.

oh good, I though they would take me out back and put a round in the back of my head

>this

They also try to give you an unrealistic pace goal. Job is super boring after 1 week.
12 hour mandatory overtime in november - december period.

If you have an interview for that job, then you basicallly have that job.

>can you work on weekends
>can you work holidays
>can you work overtime
>there's going to be a drug test, are you ok with that?

You'll say 'yes' quite a lot.

I mean it sounds like that would be a better option for you tbh but nah they'll just call and tell you that can't employ you.

Yea, I just hope that I can still get the job myself.. They said it depends on what they find whatever that means...

I got that job and left. There is no interview at all, just do a drug test and your hired. You then be fired cause they tell you that you too slow in packing the shit. Most employees leave/get terminated after 1-3 weeks.

Fuck amazon who else works at ups

fedex here, fuck you, homo

Its a saliva drug test. Just drink a shit load of water and your good.

Both doing slave labor I see

nah, op. chew gum. you're going to have to sneak it though. when you pt it in your mouth, set it on the piece of gum.

careful though. they'll ask if you're chewing gum, you gotta hide that shit. better if you can chew a piece a few days in a row to get the smell out.

Better than not having a job at all, you goblin.

If you're working at a fulfillment center, then the interview process is non-existent. Tier 1 positions don't require an interview, it's a group orientation that'll tell you all about what you'll be doing and what department you'll be in.

If you're in distribution, it's not full time. It's part time and also has absolutely no interview process as well. You basically repeat the same thing you do for fulfillment.

I've worked for amazon for 3 years.

I'm a dick big CPA who does routine audits for these type of places.

My company charges $720/hr (i don't make this much) and the partner law firm $830/hr.

There's no interview for you guys, have half a brain and you're good fam.

Buena Park?

Nah they usually use a Square instead

For a test like that, all you need to do is brush your teeth and rinse with peroxide. Then use some listerine and go. Those are the easiest to pass.

nah, sacramento fam

I drank some peroxide, failed

For the mouth swab, it's geared towards people who do harder drugs. My dad and his gf smoke a fuck load of pot all the time and my dad got a job working with me there. It's really just a matter of not having smoked for a day or two and doing the gum/peroxide trick.

Bleach. You're supposed to drink bleach.

Wash your tongue with clorox or equivalent, then swish it around and swallow. Works every time

Did you ever get promoted? Worked in Fulfillment for 4 months and hated how the overtime was mandatory plus the assholes walking around with a kindle telling me im shit at my job.

Use Sodium hypochlorite

Are you supposed to do this a day before the test?

Your job will be replaced by robots soon. Just saying.

You'll be fine. The mouth swaps won't pick up thc if you haven't had any in about 9-10 hours.

Uh dude. That's SALT

I work in distribution. It's not as bad and the hours are easy for where I live. I have an interview pretty much tomorrow for a yard spec position. I didn't want any of their in house full time shit because they were all garbage and high turn over. I want off the production floor, not deeper into it.

Only if it's an old warehouse that doesn't have kiva bots. He'll be standing in one spot if they have bots. If you have the option, do pick over stow or pack. Much better job.

So you getting promoted to minumun wage now?

>rinse with peroxide

Worked there for a few months tbh it fucking sucked only good thing is you can lose a shit ton of weight by walking the warehouse like this user said Other than that it gets pretty loud cause you're in a warehouse and they keep an eye on you if you're doing the packaging to keep your rates up. I was mostly a waterspider the guy who gets boxes for the people when there low.

I used to work for an FC and was promoted to PA (tier III $20/hr) after 9 months.

>throwing numbers when they were not needed

Why are you trying to impress what your company charges Amazon??

I make more than minimum. Which is 8.44. I make 13.25 an hour.

Love these things. When they break down, the whole assembly line stops and we get a break.

Thatd be cool if it was full time. So you effectively make minimum wage.

Had some niggers at my FC that would shake their pods to make the robots error out. They got caught and were termed.

My average hours are 27 hours. I make more than minimum wage with less hours at full time.

I was a waterspider but the job was too easy and everyone wanted to do it. So they told me to fuck off to Picking which was the most boring job I ever had.

no benefits = less than minimum wage

Lol. Can tell you work there bc that’s how I feel as a 23 y/o who’s worked there for 4 years. Just don’t settle. Have a plan. The paychecks are good enough every other week to do most things you want to do. But then you realize your life is stalled out and you hate your job but your job is the only thing good in your life bc of the high pay you get bc of the incremental raises, makes it difficult to find a job of the same pay. Going back to school though, on their dime and then peacing the fuck out.

$13/hr wtf? I live in Ohio and they pay $15-$18 per hour here. But employee turnover is seriously high. No one stays for more than 6 weeks.

>but the job was too easy and everyone wanted to do it

Where I worked it wasn't easy if you did it right, but all the nigs would take that job and just stand around trying to pick up female co-workers like it was a nightclub. They all wanted the job because it doesn't have a rate and they thought they could fuck off.

Pay rates are diff, NJ sucks dick dude.

We get 500$ a year for health insurance, free dental, vision and certain health care options. We get career choice benefits. They're not the best but it's something? I really don't give a shit dude, it's a job and everything else sucks dick.

NJ workforce isn't worth more.

>this
I work there and always give myself 24 hours before my next scheduled day and just brush my teeth with mouthwash. Passed a couple drug tests. THC doesn’t stay in saliva long. They’re looking more for coke,herion, etc. that can stay in your saliva for weeks.

How come you dont want fulltime? What are hours like?

It's ironic. One of the highest gross family income states with some of the shittiest minimum wage and work force relations. Blame the old fucks.

In my FC most employees are from Nepal and Somalia and are super hard working. While my lazy ass is intentional walking as slow as possible to my station.

Oh I want full time, just not what they're offering everyone else. I want to get into trucking and working as a yard jockey. I've got an interview for a yard spec position literally today.

They essentially treat you like a robot. And speaking of which, don't get too comfy because said robot WILL replace you at some point in the near future.

But my friend also says it's not nearly as bad as the liberals make it sound

Ah i dont know any of the positions but id kill for 4 10s that werent overnight

Who put more gas in them robots when they runs out

>hile my lazy ass is intentional walking as slow as possible to my station.
Yeah, you'll get termed for being late back from break just a few times. They have the exact time you do your first scan back from break.

>all the nigs would take that job and just stand around trying to pick up female co-workers like it was a nightclub
WTF, same exact shit in my place. They would stand beside the elevators pretending to wait for totes while they check out all the female workers.

Other robots

They run on batteries. There are charging stations on the kiva floor that they go to on their own to recharge when they get low.

Awwh. We get to talk about where I work. Am I the only one that actually enjoys working there? Given I got my ass off the floor. Tier 1 sucks, anything higher and depending on where you go and it all gets better. Feel free to ask me questions about anything. I'm a Data Analyst working into Program Developer. And yes, we have data that tells us ever move you guys make. ;)

Sounds nice. Hell, throw some 5 - 10 pounds ankle weights on each leg.

Dildos. Dildos everywhere.

always been curious about the inner workings of an Amazon warehouse

thankfully it was december christmas period and they needed as much employees as possible. My manager literally told HR to erase my Unpaid Time Off (I skipped work) so I could stay employed.

I dont analyze data, i get pussy

>And yes, we have data that tells us ever move you guys make. ;

Any tier III can see that shit. Yeah, it gets better at Tier III than I for sure, but they keep piling on the work for PAs and drive people to quit.

Can confirm.

You are starting in the new Sacramento building right? Amazon is some of the easiest money you'll make. The main reason people quit or get fired is because they get complacent. They forget how easy of a job they have and so they quit to go somewhere else and find out it sucks worse anywhere else. Work hard and show the ability to learn and you will be a manager in like a year.(not kidding)

Damn, you worked at a very forgiving FC. UPT goes below zero where I worked and it was auto-term. Though those people would often reapply and get rehired after 90 days.

I can't disagree with you. I never wanted to be a PA. And yes, any tier III can see the data. But not all have access to DW, Femida Redshift, ADAPT and MyTime.

Fuck yeah. Dildos, buttplugs, lube, and some fucked up things ordered with them, like children's books. It was like one of those "buy 4 things to freak out a Walmart cashier" thread.

Must be nice. While you do that, make sure my burger is nice and rare.

as in 4 10hr shifts per week? Lol. Ain't gonna happen.

These are already in place. they don't replace workers, they just bring storage pods that either need to be picked from or stowed into. The robots cant pick or stow items, just move them around to stations where a person does that. My building has one of the largest Kiva floors and we employ about 6000 people during the holidays

Actually most people prefer that shift. 3 days off is nice. And you get used to the 4 10s that when you move back to 5 8's it feels like you come in and leave.

Mind if I ask what site you are? I'm actually curious which site is the largest AR.

I didn't even know Amazon sold sex toys before I worked there kek.

>you will be a manager
When i find out how little AMs made and how many more hours they worked, I said fuck that. I made more per hour as a PA. And they were rude as fuck to the AMs. They provide practically zero training and give them zero control over hires/fires and expect them to be able to improve production.

Thats the standard shift. there is also a night shift that does 3 12 hour shifts, but then you have 4 days off in a row so its really pick and choose

To be fair, i don't know if we are the largest AR, but i know we are by far the most productive here at SAT2. (though that might change given that they will be rolling out the new nicer robots at the next facility

Fair enough. I've know of SAT though. I can't wait to get to go to another Kiva site. They're so fun to watch.

Yeah. Kind of sad once you know that managers make less during peak than the tier I's under them.

Yeah I'm amnesty so i get to traverse the fields as much as i want. Trust me, way more dangerous than it looks. those lil' fuckers way 400 pounds. they go fast enough that if you get hit by one, you might not walk again. that being said, amnesty is fun, but it doesn't come with a pay raise which it really should. the people who have a high probability of getting hurt get paid the same as a newbie coming in and counting items in a bin

>They forget how easy of a job they have
People wouldn't quit if the job was easy. The rate your expected to keep is really high and most people get terminated for being slow. I had one of the fastest rates on my floor and I still got threatened by my AM.

You could tell that a lot of the AMs, and even OPs level managers, at my place skipped showering. Probably because they had barely any time to sleep between shifts. They made that position so unappealing that I just quit because I knew I wouldn't want to advance in the company.

What? You can choose that at mcds?