How to deal with a gf who can't sleep? She has never been able to take a proper rest...

How to deal with a gf who can't sleep? She has never been able to take a proper rest. I've been with her for two years now.

a swift jab to the jaw should do it

Melatonin, chamomile, sleeping meds.... why can't she sleep though?

how about you take her to a real doctor?

Take her to a doctor that checks her breathing. I had huge problems sleeping too, took a long time to notice that something is wrong with my nose and i didnt get enough oxygen.

She develops those anxieties out of nowhere. She sees or hears something disturbing on tv or internet or somewhere. On a good day there's 6 hours of rest per night, on a bad day there's no sleep at all. I like her a lot but after two years all this is starting to show.

I have, several times. She hates doctors and doesn't want to listen to them.

maybe she's bipolar?

Vitamin B my dude.

for starters dont sleep in the same bed if thats what you are doing allready

maybe check out her hormones? not sure if an imbalance would fuck things up

Invest in amphetamines and join the club. No but really have her see a doctor about getting some insomnia related medications. That or examine her habits after 5 pm. If she drinks a lot of coffee, doesn’t stay active, sleeps too late in the day, all habits of someone who could be sleeping easier if they changed their lifestyle a bit.

She is clingy needy attention whore.

Why does it bother you? Is she tossing and turning all night?

give her some good dick before you hit the hay

he's right

Tell her to get her thyroid hormones checked.

Medically induced sleep. Or with technology like pic related. Also tell her to reduce phone and computer use.
I like that picture also.

I assume she's already visited a doctor or therapist? When anxieties start influencing her health it's a problem, when it starts influencing your shit it's definitely time to do something about it. And feel free to be a bit forceful about it dude, I have a plethora of mental issues and I feel confident in saying that as soon as they start interfering with my partner's quality of life, either do something about it or fuck off.

Done that ofc. She's relaxed like 20 minutes after that but won't go to sleep.

I get a feeling I know you OP. You don't happen to be English while she is Norwegian?

lifelong insomniac here. I'm on 4 mg off Xanax nightly. It is bar none the only hope I have of sleeping. Before I was on out I would literally pass out from exhaustion for an hour at a time two or three nights a week I'd get maybe half an hour if I was very calm and content. I hate pills and I hate that I need them, but I could not function until I was medicated.

She hates doctors. She also hates the topic and the fact it's about her. It's almost impossible nowadays to even talk about it. I like her a lot though.

Come on.

Yeah, no, time to end it. "I hate doctors" is not an option if someone has issues like that, it just becomes a self-destructive cycle. Either she goes and gets help, or she considers melatonin / heavier sleeping pills and aids, or you bail. If she doesn't understand and respect that this affects you too, it's not worth it, regardless of how much you love her. You need to think about your own happiness too.

Easier said than done, anonbro. But yea I get you ofc.

pull on your big boy pants and take control of the relationship

I do understand, don't get me wrong, it's not as easy as "just bail lol". Having said that, might be time to set some ultimatums, or at least voice how the problem affects you. Let her be angry, because that's her voicing her shame and insecurities about it - hopefully. Either way, you two need to have a good talk about it. Offer to come with her to the doctor, perhaps even participate in trying medications and such, perhaps that will help her feel comfortable.

I've been in a situation like that before Liam (Just gonna assume it's you name since the circumstances are waay to similar), and sadly, it will only deteriorate from now on with that kind of girl

I want her to feel comfortable and safe because I like her. I appreciate your suggestions Sup Forums. Thanks.

shitty advice from shitty people

you probably have qualities that annoy the fuck out of her, too, but she's still around. as you grow and mature, you realise people have fuckin problems. either you work em out together, or you stay alone. your choice.

Just spoke from experience man, wasn't giving advice. It's better to accept the harsh truth than believe in a comfortable lie

it's not the truth when you say "set ultimatums" -that's the faggot in you talking. ultimatums for what? "sleep, slut, or i'm leaving"

the fuck shit is that? she probably has medical conditions. dunno where OP lives but i'd get her checked out.

I agree that she might have medical conditions and that they should see a doctor together, calm down will you. I never said don't try, there are always exceptions to every situation

i'm calm, it's just break time at work and i've had way too much coffee. you're not a faggot. kinda.

and OP if you're still around, try and find the 'exception' the dude above me talked about. be happy.

I was the dude with the ultimatums, not the guy you're replying to. Your "you're annoying too dude" shit is nonsense and you know it, it's not a zero-sum game where a shitty trait of one is okay because the other person has one too. That's weakness, giving up, not fixing the problem. Call me shitty all you want, at least I'm giving advice instead of saying "give up and swallow it" while the girl probably self-destructs.

Yeah. I have thought a lot about it if it's really about me, but looks like I'm not any main cause of it. More like on the contrary.

I think I could try us moving to another apartment and see what happens.

you have some 18 year old mentality about you my friend, which is why I couldn't give a fat shit what you think.

Quitiapine. You can thank me later

Doctor first dude, even how difficult it will be. Way cheaper than moving appartments if it can be fixed medically

Melatonin supplements are very rarely helpful. Chamomile is very subtle if effective at all, and sleeping meds are a potentially effective tool but come with significant problems of their own.

This is a problem that she would need to overcome. Simple as that, unfortunately. Until then, the main contributors that are available outside of medicine, are routine. Getting up at the proper time in the morning, staying up all day, eating a healthy diet - specifically at the proper intervals, being outside for some direct sunlight on a daily basis, regular exercise, going to bed at the proper time at night, and toning down environmental stimuli beforehand.

Easier said than done, anonbro. I'm not going to go physical on her.

Her name isn't Lily is it?

she doesn't need melatonin

what she needs is some good ol dicking from a melanin infused stallion. you faggot are not able to exhaust her it seems

what a faggut, your gurl needs some good dickin

>Take her to a doctor that checks her breathing. I had huge problems sleeping too, took a long time to notice that something is wrong with my nose and i didnt get enough oxygen

Thats called sleep apnea you retarded fuck. Youre probably really fat, aren't ya?

>That or examine her habits after 5 pm. If she drinks a lot of coffee, doesn’t stay active, sleeps too late in the day, all habits of someone who could be sleeping easier if they changed their lifestyle a bit

I have insomnia. Not sleep apnea, I breathe fine. I work 12-14 hours a day sometimes, purely physical job and still can not sleep. If she has insomnia like me, simple changes in diet and exercise alone won't fix it, as it is a chemical imbalance in the brain. I stay away from sleeping meds such as benzos though and stick to smoking a fuck ton of marijuana extract (shatter/distillate really high in THC) before bed and that seems to work sometimes, not all the time.

>what she needs is some good ol dicking from a melanin infused stallion
And if that doesn't work, get her the biggest, longest powered dildo you can find.
>of course you might not have a girlfriend after that upgrade.

Am I the only human in the world that can have a coffee at 9pm and sleep at 12? I don't think caffeine is her problem.

Try and get her prescribed on amitryptiline. It's never failed to slowly send me off and she'll stay sleeping too.

Didn't say that you needed to get physical either. It's a matter of convincing her of the importance.
You could always motivate her by saying no more dicking before a doctor visit. I know that would be hard on you (pun very much intended), but it might be necessary

trittico, 1/3 of a pill, it will be a bit harsh in the first month cause of side effects but afterwards it will be amazing.
Insomnia since 10 years old

Hey everyone I found the total fucking retard!

What a retard

>Am I the only human in the world that can have a coffee at 9pm and sleep at 12?

I could do that all through life until I hit about 30.

retard

Shit, I'm 28 now. Fuck you. Hug me.

Not to be too mean, but "b-but muh chemicals!" is a somewhat transparent and ignorant excuse to make someone else try for you. EVERYTHING your brain does is a chemical/electrical phenomenon. Self-medicating with THC is probably not a super great idea - it actually prevents you from getting very good sleep, a bit like alcohol does.

No hippie-dippie bullshit, but look into meditation. A lot of what causes "insomnia" in people is rumination. Basically, another bad lifestyle habit.

How much of all this is reliably practiced by either of you?

I drink toward the upper limit of recommended caffeine intake daily, and it seems to be a matter of what you're used to. It usually won't affect me much but on the other hand sometimes it will make me a bit jittery and uncomfortable. I can also go without any caffeine for days and be fine.

I have just the thing...

I get pretty mean caffeine withdrawals so I need a daily dose. It's the only thing in the world I've ever been addicted to.. and I've been on some shit.

Okay buddy, I'll be sure to let my wife know that. Have fun playing internet tough guy, my advice was more than reasonable.

tfw you can't even see past your own arse to realise you're the one pretending to be tough guy.

your wife's a lucky woman.

Thanks for the suggestion anonbro, but I have to say I can't do that either.

But I think now I'll tell her we are moving to another apartment in a more peaceful neighborhood. We are currently living in a city area, 9th floor. We can't keep a window open because of traffic noise and sometimes bad air quality. But just a few miles away there would be a vacant apartment with a balcony facing to a park. About the same rent.

she's not active enough during the day.
have her do exercises in the evening so she is tired and no computer/tv/phone/electronic for at least hour before bedtime

Have her rest her head on your chest and fondle her hair.

Okay buddy. Once more, I was advocating conversation, setting realistic limitations and acquiring medical help, if that's tough guy posturing to you then I don't know what to say. Better check that illusory superiority, friend.

I love how insecure you are

Ah, the classic projection tactic. Like I said, check out that illusory superiority thing, I'm doing just fine. Have a good one.

She is going to college every day. I am working. We are former high school classmates.

Ayy lemme get the last word in to bolster my insecurity. Have a good one, lmao

work out till she can't stay awake. and pic related.

This is what a retard looks like

So she doesn't like to listen to doctors because what they told her to may be difficult and her logical solution to solve the problem is to simply ignore it unail it magically solves itself.

Yeah op, that's a very healthy outlook. I'm sure this girl is very emotionally and mental stable. Marriage material for sure.

magnesium deficiency causes sleep problems

I hear you anonbro. But I'm going to try anyway.

Sleeping pills-> rape.

Her muscles could be overly tense. I used to lay in bed for hours before I realized I was tensing up after I got into bed. I stretch periodically throughout the day and that usually helps.I also pretend I'm an ice cube or a stick of butter melting in the sun while breathing deeply when I go to bed. If that sounds retarded, its because it is. But it worked for me.

fix your filename negro.
its JabberWOCK not wocky.

Thanks anonbro. I'll tell her to try that.