Am I fucked if I drop out of college?

Am I fucked if I drop out of college?

Other urls found in this thread:

wantsdate.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

Pretty much. Especially if you've already taken out loans.

the only reason would be if you cant afford it.
suck it up graduate, get a job, live life and eventually die.

>Not incurring massive levels of debt
>Not having a 4 year period of unemployment in your resumé
>Not wasting 4 years of your life in a program with no job options

I'd say you're off to a better start than most of the sheep who buy into the education myth.

I Dropped out of college and joined the military. Been out for 3 years an have a salaried job paying $51,500. Bit of a longer path... But i dont have student loan debt

if youve taken a loan yes if not, sure go for it

I dropped out of college
Everybody laughed
All life doing programming
After 3 years own my own dev company
Produce 3x times more money than college faggots
All my friends have bosses work 8h all day for small paychecks
I work 4h a day from home go into office 4 times a month.
From time to time pass them buy with my new car....

Yea go waste time there....

loan is only $6k

Threadly reminder of you aren't at least in meh tier you're wasting your time

if the loan is that low i would go for it, but you need a valid reason to drop out, mean you should at least have a clue on what to do after you drop out.

you forgot something friend, lady luck, she doesnt fuck everyone in a good way...

I wonder how did you even get into one if you're asking for advices about career on Sup Forums.

What languages are in demand now?

>Jobs are rated.... and environement
>Ecology shit tiers

>Anything that doesn't bring shitload of money is bad.

Dude, you are not gonna live a fun life

Well, let's throw out of the window every work related psychology concepts, because your earnings apparently have nothing to do with your happiness?

People who don't struggle and don't have to worry about money live happier. Does it surprise you?

Yeah one of my main beefs with that image was putting wildlife and ecology so low

I agree, at least in countries like America where you have to pay in the hundreds of thousands of dollars for your education.

If you want to study "less valuable" subjects, then by all means push yourself into learning, but you have to go all in, 110% of your productivity 100% of the time. You can slack a little in the more valuable fields and still wind up on your feet, but if you're not committed to finding a job and gaining experience in your field in the lesser value subjects then you WILL be fucked over.

The further you read this post, the less you believe it.

Javascript, Node.js, CoffeeScript, Javascript, AngularJS, more Javascript, ECMAScript and sometimes a bit of Javascript.

If you are hard workind and witty, you'll be just fine. I dropped out three times from three dofferent universities. Now I am a CEO of a small company.

how does it feel to suck dick for a living tho? Where did you learn to read btw?

I am learning java now, what's the difference?

Javascript is for internet usage, mostly.

Java is mainly for Apps.

There is always some dumbfuck that wants to change the world and do some horribly Frankenstein of a progam, but luckily you wouldn't have to deal with them.

You're fucked either way, user

Forgot to add. If that is your first language you are really behind schedule.

Most programmers learn code because it's their 'State of the Art', but no matter how much you love code remember you gotta eat and earn to live in this fucking faggot world. So, to be more marketable you gotta learn at the very least 3 coding languages and 2 speaking languages.

Just a tip. Also, have patience, you'll get the basic of most languages in 3 months of constant practice, but it will take a lifetime to master them.

>People who don't struggle and don't have to worry about money live happier. Does it surprise you?
Considering working takes an essential part of your lifetime, people who have no interest in what they're doing on a daily basis aren't especially happy, no matter their income.

You are fucked either way

You couldn't have made a worse reply to that question.

you learned to read in college you dumb fuck?

Javascript is way simpler. Most programming concepts are universal though, and the syntax of the two are fairly similar. Once you know how to program in one language, learning how to do it in another will take maybe 1/10th of the effort.

>Javascript is for internet usage, mostly.
Yeah, tell that to the people trying to write an operating system in the damn thing. It's the current year, if something isn't written in JS, there is someone out there trying their fucking hardest to change that. Even text editors and Adobe programs use it nowadays, everything is just a glorified webpage.

In what part of my post do write about working your ass off?

Psychology is truthful on this, these things have been studied since the beginning of the industrial revolution. They refer to earnings, the ones that 'Earn' more money are the ones prone to be happier.

Those who earn more are, usually, those who choosed a great career and started like wagecucks.

Getting money is about working hard... with intelligence.

>After 3 years own my own dev company
That's basically a bachelor
Too bad you dropped out, it's always good to have a diploma as a spare wheel even if dev jobs are different

Well, I know Javascript is being used for nearly everything nowadays.

But seriously, there is some bullshit programs that could be written more efficiently in Python, Java or even C for fucks sake. They would take less processing time and maybe a single codeline most of the time.

Thanks

Many people gets jobs during their time at university. If you didn't think education was a myth, you'd know that.

i dropped out of highschool at 13

Depends where u live
> USA: yes, ur fucked, so fucking fucked
> Netherlands: no, go for another one, youve got 7 free years.
> Netherlands: after you fucked up your 7 years. Hmm try a private institution or online course.
> 15 years later: allrighty, youve fucked up.

In short, no. If college isn't for you take up a trade. I know a guy who HATED college so decided to go to welding school, makes nearly $100k now and works 3-4 days a week

>Thinking pure maths is more important to market than applied.
boy i done sware the person who wroted this picture is a dam retart

They're in the same tier you trog

Of course, it isn't always about the money and lowest time working.

Yeah... right.

sorry feller I ment actuarial math

>4 year period of unemployment

Who the fuck are you kidding? I go to college full time AND work full time...

wat rong answer me

>no job options

Well yeah, if you major in interpretive dance study. This illusion of no job prospects is due to shitty career choices. Find me an RN who can't find a job lol

Same: my psychologist said that someone who dropped out or belongs at college sometimes can become suicidal because everything he does is too easy / not satisfying. In case of welding: I hope this guy REALLY REALLY loves it.

Nathing m8t.

Going to college is 98% of the time about earning money in a decent job.... off course, there is 'Women Studies' and whatnot but they don't even get decent jobs so they are ruled out.

True, but my friend is happy and that's what really matters. Meanwhile I'm in med school and 200k in debt. I hate it now but I know (hope) it will pay off later

if you are not going to become a doctor, teacher, engineer or lawyer. invest your tuition instead. start crypto trading or something.

I assume you're American.

Everyone I know that goes to college actually has a desire to learn, and to do something they love for the rest of their lives. They made a judgement call. They'd rather make 45k-50k a year as an engineering graphics designer, rather than 80k-100k doing something else.

>everything he does is too easy / not satisfying
Is that a thing?

Any idea what psychological concept that would be?

I know I'd hate life if I didn't go out and face challenges.

>45k-50k a year
>Oh look, poor little things earn so little

That's exactly the earning range for most 'Content' people. 'Happy' people earn between 100K-150K.

> hmm: not sure
> Id rahter think that its just the opposite of a challanging life where you follow your ambitions.
> Being a doctor in a clerk office sound kinda boring to me as well tbqfhfh

I want to eat that Arby’s pussy

Exactly this. I know some guy who translates Chinese for press etc as freelancer. Dont even get 35K, however he would go on a oilplatform for 60K. Never ever.

no.

Yeah, no. Nice of you to pull statistics out of your ass and arbitrarily define what happiness is.

i live in the netherlands and you're wrong, you dont have 7 free years. its still not that bad but no, not free

this guy

Got accepted into EE today. Felt breddy good faggots

This.
I dropped out in 10th grade. Got my GED, found welding classes and payed for that class by working at circuit city. Started out making 24/hour and now I'm a Senior inspection manager making 53/hour, don't fall for the "You need College to be successful myth"

I had at least 4 years + 1 to get my diploma. Than you have those "special ways" to get even more.

I wanna see you graduate faggot. Everybody and their grandma get into engineering, only very few graduate.

He said "education myth", not "need college to be successful myth."

If you didn't drop out of school, you could probably read.

Shut up with your welding. This entire debate was about the problem that you will do easy shit for your entire life. Lets say that a underwater welder even earns more than a doctor. Its not just for fun that Universities are filled with people. Nobody gives a shit about money here.

Literally not even a challenge to get accepted.

Also, I hope you enjoy math as much as I do, because you'll have calculus-based classes.

Basic scholarship is now a loan, so you wont get free money anymore. the interest is extremely low and you only have to pay it back when you earn above a certain number. Im enrolled in the higher laboratory school to get my Bsc in biology and medical laboratory research. Books are expensive as fuck ;(

:)) Welcome to best sex dating site wantsdate.com

College isn't Education? Maybe if you weren't a faggot you'd think about what you're typing before you send it.
No one gives a shit about money? Well what's working your ass off to get degrees and diplomas for then? Let's just get rid of money all together and trade sticks and rocks like the Indians!

no. you could become a coal miner.

My times where better. I have to finish my studie at LOI at 24 but times where better in this country in 2012. You should find alternatives at books.sc, most international authors are quite easy there. Not sure if that works for you but it gave me a perfect perspective on subjects. I even could find other Universities where certain authors where "recommended".

>books.sc
booksc.org/

Give me a author of your books atm.
> Give me 5 other minutes

This
Where I live, only 7% make it through EE

I will dont worry
Its a 35% acceptance rate, and i know, i ony have two more math classes too take for the major, advanced multivariable calc and engineering statistics. Flew through calc, diffy q, and matrix algebra. Get your bad attitude out of here pussy

ow, boohoo.

Materials sciences engineer student here, working full time and doing the BSc course. No loans master race.

Be a tradesmen

>dat subtle swastika

Ah, yes it should be knocked up to unbelievable tier imho

how many people gets em, shanaynay?

>Materials sciences
Where?

>STEMlord in a suit
I am appalled. Not having to wear that bullshit is one of the perks of our field. Businessfags realize we are too valuable to make us conform to such frivolties.

Those who perform well get a job, some companies even offer to pay their loans as well.
At my uni on the engineering courses over 70% have a contract when they go for their final exam. Economics course graduates have less than 20% with a job offer and the Faculty of arts graduates have none. Most of them either continue to work their mcjob tier jobs or go home to live with parents.

Europe

> Samefag here
Sure, just found it on google. However. Same for Built Environment (international term for) .. dont even have an international term (Bouwkunde). Architects are raised to become autistic there: businessfags are complete irrelevant even if they posses the "money".

Come on. Europe, ffs.

A full course load is more than working full time when including studying, notes, assignments, etc, etc. unless you're half assing your school or some sort of functioning savant who retains information like a sponge there's no way someone can work 40 hours a week and maintain a healthy flow of a full course load.

Look around Hungary, Slovakia and Austria, you can find some nice MatSci courses with english language for literally 1/100th the costs of the US education, and on par with the science. Living is cheap as well, the only thing you must do at all costs is not drop out at any semester. You fall behind with one class and the rest will crumble and your costs rapidly rising. Still much more affordable than staying in the US, and you have a number of US companies to choose from for internship and whatnot.

You'd only fail if you don't know what you're going to do after.

But in the long run if you want to improve what ever your career is going to be, you either need to start your own business, or go to school to make a decent wage.
Even tradespeople need to go to school to get higher pay and better their skills.

i have three unfinished degrees (never got past first year in any of them) and i'm a manager at my dream job. so i would say no, you're not fucked.

however... i'm an old fuck (41) and i started working at a time (1990's) and am in an industry (entertainment production) where attitude, work ethic, and experience are valued higher than a piece of paper that says you theoretically learned something. so i think it depends on what you want to do... without that piece of paper you might be fucked.

the other thing is that in the USA too much importance is given to college-degree white collar professions and skilled trades are looked down on, but the truth is that tradesmen (electricians, plumbers, welders, carpenters) earn really good coin, are usually self-employed and so can set their own hours and they didn't spend four years jerking off at university - community college or apprenticeships are all they need. maybe you should consider becoming a contractor.

Not him but thanks for the input man

Now I know you're either trolling or retarded.

David?
Is that you?

nope. sorry.

>worked for an international chemical company on 6 month contract
>guy i worked closely with was Process Engineer
>25 year old chemistry graduate
>still new at the job (4 years)
>already on a fuck load of money
>is only gonna get better
>will probably retire a millionaire at 50

If only i had my fucking time again.

I have a degree in archaeology and a master's in computing, what tier is that?

I'm now a development consultant.