Which review made you first stop taking Fantano seriously

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RzTalgRlz5s
youtu.be/0_2WZbMsIeI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kanye
>fuck hipster fandango

Why do you people follow reviews?

The meme answer is that you like to hear a different perspective on an artist but threads like these indicate that you're triggered when a reviewer's opinion doesn't match your own opinion.

this. not sure where fantano claimed to be an objective reviewer

I personally like Fantano. I dont see what all the whining is about on this board. He didnt even review the best metal album of 16 and i dont have any beef with him.

Pretty much any of his Crystal Castles reviews lmao

It might sound weird but I don't really give a shit about his opinions. If he reviews something that looks interesting to ME, I give it a try no matter his scores. He introduced me to a couple of bands that I really like now. Also he can describe tracks in a well-spoken manner, plus he's memeing out the ass which I can appreciate.

I only follow him for recommendations, his opinions are usually worthless subjective drivel

Giving the last Titus Andronicus album a 4.

>those dislikes
FANTANO IS FINISHED

This. The man just reviews whatever new album's he's interested in an slaps a score on it. So what he's into hip hop at the moment.

Giving Knife Man an 8

I can't get past his god awful sense of humour. I have no problem with his actua reviews besides them being a bit unnecessarily descriptive, because I can handle people with differing opinions.

I just can't deal with his fuckingg self obsessed horrible humojr

He has some good ones at times, and can articulate his feeling why he dislikes/likes something, even if I don't necessarily agree with it. I do agree that he's good on getting recommendations and that I enjoy he tries to cover a wide arrange of albums that might have gone past me if not him mentioning it to an extent.

i miss MDE

whatd he give it? I'm not giving that fucking melon a click

shame sam hyde went full on alex jones

THERE'S FLOURIDE IN THE WATER

THEY'RE TURNING THE FROGS GAY

wait how, like very recently? example?

maybe not alex jones exactly but some of his HydeWars with Charles is some of the craziest shit i've heard

I'm so woke that none of that was crazy to me. But yeah Sam's losing it. He was a completely different person like three years ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=RzTalgRlz5s

Stopped watching after he said the Blue Album was better than Pinkerton.

thats literally the only objectively right music opinion he's ever had

HOW COULD YOU GIVE THIS A BAD GRADE?

ALL OF YOU

I think World Peace getting canceled (something that he definitely contributed towards) fucked himself up to the point where he didn't care if he was being ironic or not anymore.

>watching fantano
>liking le epic generic urban outfitters indie
>disliking a video just because of a difference of opinion

Back to r/indieheads you go underage faggot

the better question is how long did it take you to realize that fantano and shaun king are two different people

He shot up a bunch of people, I can't remember where but it's been happening for a while. I don't know why he hasn't been arrested yet

they can't possibly let him get away with it again

double jeopardy, they cant charge him with mass murder again.
sorry about your luck user

literally shaking

When he gave DAMN. a 7

its not so much that he gave the album a 5, but he barely spoke for most of the review, its one of his cal chuchesta skits and its so lazy its can't even be bothered to be called a review

well he didnt do a "it's bad" video on it so he just thought it was meh.
You have to treat melonhead like Sup Forums and read between the shitposting.

Julian Casalbancas is a walnut and he hasn't made a good album in nearly a decade.

He was involved in the production of one album that everyone really liked for the sheer reason it lacked pretension and was just good in a straightforward way, and then immediately decided he was too cool for it and started making progressively weirder and shittier music for the sake of making weird and shitty music.

Thanks for reminding me I haven't listened to that album yet

what a useful website

Probably 'Alvvays', he said it was "Awful".

Anthony Fantano's head sure looks like a swell place for a bullet

>XXXtentacion needs to be held accountable for his sexism and homophobia mkay

Being an xxxtentacion fan is more embarrassing than watching Fantano.

I don't take anyone's reviews too seriously but in terms of critics he's head and shoulders above any other I've seen. Even if I strongly disagree with what he sometimes says.

>listen to album
>like it a lot
>fantano then shits on it
>I still like the album
Am I a god of opinions? Who can stop me?

he never said that

t. Ryan Adams
Your opinion is objectively wrong btw

You're doing it wrong fool! I must teach you...
Step 1: Dislike the review.
Step 2: Comment that he's an idiot and you're unsubscribing (don't unsub though).
Step 3: Take to Sup Forums or your platform of choice to screech about him.
Step 4: Continue to watch his reviews because you need to feel validated.

When you next listen to the album (about 4 songs from the album because you don't actually listen to full albums more than once) and notice some of the flaws Fantano pointed out make sure to do everything humanly possible to get those poison thoughts out your mind. I recommend going online to talk shit about him.

None of them. I enjoy his videos.

The way I see it, I'm not contrarian enough to shun him and everyone who watches him and I'm not plebian enough to only go to him for recommendations. So I'm just stuck in the middle. Is it really that wrong to just enjoy him for him?

>inb4 SHIT TASTE IN ENTERTAINMENT M8

>I'm not contrarian enough to shun him and everyone who watches him and I'm not plebian enough to only go to him for recommendations.

this desu

he doesn't even review anything good tho

seriously, even pitchfork covers more interesting music

I have never taken a critic or review aggregate site seriously. Because deriving your opinions from something besides your own anecdotal experiences is abhorrently moronic.

He can't make a living off of only reviewing the most obscure shit to please a select group of Sup Forumstants. He'll usually put shit he doesn't review into the YUNOREVIEW category if he doesn't like it enough.

Besides, I'd be lying if I said melon hasn't turned me on to good bands I haven't heard of before. Sorry we all don't have superior taste in music as you. Stick to p4k.

His review of Jay Reatard's 08 Singles Collection

word I can't believe he talked about Jay like that, he should be ashamed.

i'm not even asking for "obscure", just something that isn't hip-hop or stereogum approved indie rock (or metal every once in a blue moon).

his knowledge of music is just fairly limited.

Even if so.. I would kill Mr. Adams for even the possible hint of slander.

All these words... kill him in the court of public opinion.

Watch all the people who claimed it was their best now resort to calling it a disappointment.

I like Ryan,Julian is an amazing talent the world should know.

The like/dislike ratio work as the general rating of his criticisms. The more likes the more likely normie users will disregard the video, pretty simple.

My cock? +/-

You're right. It deserved a 3.

bout a x/fantono hybrid.

narkopop

FUCKING T H I S

the whole idea of rating albums on a number scale or with letter grades is pretty arbitrary, at least Pitchfork admits to this. so to an extent popular (non-academic) music criticism isn't meant to be taken seriously, it's partly entertainment as well as being a part of the music industry and (if you let it) part of discovering new music.
that said, the Radiohead ranking. In Rainbows is overrated as hell and no fucking way are TKOL and Amnesiac bottom-tier Radiohead

i never took him seriously lmao

The true patrician answer.

nah he was right

pleb

>Cal review of Elseq 1-5 coming soon

oh boy

this fucking goof's favorite band is DEATH GRIPS
shame on yourself if you've ever taken his opinions seriously

you guys are lame as fuck if you can't handle someone on the internet disagreeing with your opinion about an album. just watch him if you find it entertaining or stay away if it really makes you that butthurt. stop taking things so seriously lmfao

Idont watch tit boys videos

I hope the madman does it

>cal chuchesta
holy hell, he's still doing this unfunny shit? Who actually likes that?

this guys fans are all so underage that its not even funny

talcom x

when I realized his opinion isn't any more nuanced or better articulated than that of most college students in connecticut.

Wasn't on his main channel but:
>I can't think of anything mean to say to Blair White. Sorry.
lol

what's the best metal album of 16

Yeah true
Also giving new Slowdive such a weak score was pretty silly, it was at least pretty solid.

god he's an ugly dude.

>>liking le epic generic urban outfitters indie
what the fuck are you talking about?
>>disliking a video just because of a difference of opinion
i mean, fantano made a lame goof review. it totally fair to think its lame on it own terms.

whats your favorite band, ya goof?

why follow him when you can follow literally any other website?

youtu.be/0_2WZbMsIeI
watch this and try not to get mad

I wouldn't have found my AOTY if it weren't for Fantano.

I never "got" Age of Adz so I'm ok with this

He doesn't even review albums, he listens to 10 albums a day and filters them through his arbitrary check list of whether or not it fits his tastes or not

This.
>LOL FUNNY VOICE

Fantano plz go

watched it. not mad

I really like The Age of Adz and I still respect his opinion, why would I get mad? He absolutely shitted on Cherry Bomb and I've still watched that review several times.

John Frusciante - PBX
Uusally I think he's pretty spot on but this review was fucking retarded, especially when he said they were some of his worst vocals of his career - clearly he's never listened to his solo work, just the chili peppers.

can relate

For context

Blue album is the soundtrack to my teenage years so I'm fine with that.

That time he reviewed TKoL. What a pleb, mentioning Sup Forums outside Sup Forums.

Also, like, it's obvious from the way he talks about the album that he just never "got it".

he's a condescending fucking prick

I've been watching his channel for years now. I'm not ashamed. He's entertaining and informative.

This is so fucking accurate it hurts.

real niggas get mad at differing opinions on Sup Forums then dip

This. Never would've discovered so many artists without him. Injury Reserve, Jeff Rosenstock.

>how dare he has different opinion