What do you think about asian rappers and other more 'underground' artists?

What do you think about asian rappers and other more 'underground' artists?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r1AE6bmdUSk
youtube.com/watch?v=QONONWQjk2E
youtube.com/watch?v=TPGQjDG8pCw
youtube.com/watch?v=WU54WpQNYic
youtube.com/watch?v=EU6JEf5VEEE
youtube.com/watch?v=KeMvbVHrLH8
youtube.com/watch?v=Kx4_47aVz78
youtube.com/watch?v=ZNyjyaaOMn8
youtube.com/watch?v=TP97TOTG-m8
youtube.com/watch?v=x_FrAIcKhYw
youtube.com/watch?v=LUQCf_G8LAo
youtube.com/watch?v=6WJFjXtHcy4
youtube.com/watch?v=7zJa6FB5crk
youtube.com/watch?v=8Qda9JkVRMA
youtube.com/watch?v=mfhRMGlFUdo
youtube.com/watch?v=nS7QvOX8LVk
youtube.com/watch?v=wckAAh-V428
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

recycled SHIT

They're brave enough to use the word "nigger" while our (((White))) rappers are too pussy about it.

Kohh is trap bandwagon trash

Loota is that nigga

Examples? I've heard them use "ninja" a bunch of times instead

damn nigga I like kohh but I think loota has great flow. something about his voice

explain

Rich Chigga

Year of the OX is that primo shit, boi. Other than that (and Rich Chigga, obviously) I haven't been exposed to many other asian rappers.

I mean rich chigga apologized and said he regrets it so I'd still say he's pussy.

shit taste
kohh is the best jap trapper

Japanese rap is just recycled american trap trends only rapped over in japanese. (Loota's voice is nice though)
youtube.com/watch?v=r1AE6bmdUSk
(Awich literally repeats several bars from a Young ma song in this)
youtube.com/watch?v=QONONWQjk2E
youtube.com/watch?v=TPGQjDG8pCw

It's just boring and unoriginal but I guess if you're a weeb or want to listen to trap but hate black people by all means go at it.

"I sort of knew that it was bad, but I didn’t know that it was that serious. Nobody was around me to tell me that that’s fucked up. At the time, my whole intention was like, “If I have a song that blows up, and I’m this kid, and I say the N-Word, would people be like ‘Holy shit, that song is so cool when he said that N-word. I think I’ll let it slide.” That’s what I was thinking. I was basically just trying to make people less sensitive to the word and take the power out of the word, but then I realized I’m totally not in a position to do that. I was like, 'I fucked up.’ So, I just don’t say it anymore."

>female rapper
there's your problem, buddy

also I meant all underground rap/trap artists, not just japs/asians. My favorite is probably XXX because I'm edgy, but I'm really enjoying these atm:

youtube.com/watch?v=WU54WpQNYic

youtube.com/watch?v=EU6JEf5VEEE

how the fuck is this unoriginal? Did you fall for the "rap meme" meme? Plenty of trends are subverted. KOHH literally fucking mentions Andy Warhol and has a Marcel Duchamp piece tattoo on his neck. Are you a brainlet?

Wudidong is utter shit and higher brothers are garbage I don't know how you expect me to take you seriously when you cite things like that also andy warhol references are nothing knew in trap music lmfao. Maybe instead of just having an interesting persona Kohh should make some interesting music his beats and lyrics are pretty basic there is no "subverting" going on he's just bad. You should really broaden your taste in american trap if you think there is anything remotely new or interesting going on here.

Underground rap isn't what you think it is, you absoulute buffoon. Underground is not a genre, it is simply a way to distinguish popularity.

>there is no "subverting" going on he's just bad
maybe you just don't get it.

>andy warhol references are nothing knew in trap music
name 3 american songs that do it

>You should really broaden your taste in american trap if you think there is anything remotely new or interesting going on here.
I'd ask for some suggestions from such a patrician as yourself to be taken most seriously because of your objectively superior taste, but I think you really just don't get these songs. do you hate asians or something?

>Underground is not a genre
when did I say that?

>maybe you just don't get it
Please tell me what is subversive about this.

>name 3 american songs that do that
1."Fuck a Rolls Royce, I went and bought a Basquiat Andy Warhols all throughout my mamma house"
youtube.com/watch?v=KeMvbVHrLH8

2."And I'm all over the radio, I'm topping every chart Andy Warhol of rap, I'm a fucking work of art got these bitches going crazy"
youtube.com/watch?v=Kx4_47aVz78

3."Alexander McQueen, hundred racks in my jeans Andy Warhol on my wall so all yall heard the bitch scream"
youtube.com/watch?v=ZNyjyaaOMn8

4.Niggas think I’m famous Cause I’m getting rap money up the anus I’m Andy Warhol for the raps But I don’t do no painting"
youtube.com/watch?v=TP97TOTG-m8

5.Rapper Warhol.ss is literally named after andy warhol
youtube.com/watch?v=x_FrAIcKhYw

>I'd ask for some suggestions from such a patrician as yourself to be taken most seriously because of your objectively superior taste, but I think you really just don't get these songs. do you hate asians or something?

Nigga I'm literally asian and thats a lame argument anyway.

>1
talking about warhol's popularity, not the postmodern value of his works
>2
same
>3
exact same
>4
exact fucking same
>5
unknown, but I'll be generous and accept this

You have proven you literally just don't get it. You don't get the music and you don't get Andy Warhol's art.

>Please tell me what is subversive about this.
Do I have to explain postmodernity to you?

>I'm literally asian
from where?

>underground rap/trap artist
>implying there is any similarity between underground artist.
>Not just using trap as an indicator of genre
>being this retarded

>talking about warhol's popularity, not the postmodern value of his works
and KOHH analyses the postmodern value of his work how? Half of what kohh raps about is clothing an how artistic he is?

>Do I have to explain postmodernity to you?
I guess it'd be more accurate to say while it is subversive its still nothing new. Americans have been subverting trap music tropes since the late 2010's Kreyshawn,White Girl mob, Lil B, Raider Klan, The new wave of Florida rap etc.

>from where?
I'm a half-korean boyo

Irene is my favorite Asian rapper.

youtube.com/watch?v=LUQCf_G8LAo

I didn't imply anything, you're just being autistic because I said "underground"

Examples
1.youtube.com/watch?v=6WJFjXtHcy4

2.youtube.com/watch?v=7zJa6FB5crk

3.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qda9JkVRMA

4.youtube.com/watch?v=mfhRMGlFUdo

5.youtube.com/watch?v=nS7QvOX8LVk

6.youtube.com/watch?v=wckAAh-V428

Kpop fans are the only minorities I condone violence against

>Awich
>Kreyshawn
>White Girl mob
hmmmm I'm seeing a trend here
>boyo
can't fool me

>and KOHH analyses the postmodern value of his work how?
KOHH's work in itself is in some ways an homage to Warhol. Look at the lyrics of that song I posted earlier by him.

>Americans have been subverting trap music tropes
it's not just about subverting it. Not everything "alternative" is postmodern, though I definitely enjoy a lot of the new post-internet artists

>Half of what kohh raps about is clothing an how artistic he is?
Like what, are you gonna be upset at what Kohh raps about? Same as people saying rage rap is edgy- maybe it's just not for you to understand, at least at that point in time.

At the end of the day I like the way it sounds and I think it's original, both musically and lyrically.

Nigga what part of this aren't you getting

>Like what, are you gonna be upset at what Kohh raps about
No one is upset I'm just pointing out its not original rapping about clothes or wanting to die a legend or fucking hoes is nothing new and is very much in the current rap zeitgeist.

>it's not just about subverting it. Not everything "alternative" is postmodern
Cool. That's really has nothing to do with my point though which is that there are tons of postmodern american trap artist.

dont bother. he's so fucking far up his own ass
>post-internet
like what is this jit even saying

>its not original rapping about clothes or wanting to die a legend or fucking hoes
>in the current rap zeitgeist
saying "current zeitgeist" is not only redundant, but also wrong in this case since that's always been part of the identity of rap. KOHH also talks about it in a very different way, like look at these lyrics

>Taking scissors to expensive shit
>Looking like I'm broke, thinking like I'm rich
>Ahh shit, being serious is for suckers
>White Vans start showing their age
>My hair's fucked up, but whatever
>Fuck the how and why, we just do what we like

>there are tons of postmodern american trap artist
Tons? Guys like Lil B and other "meme rappers" are comedic, not postmodern. I personally don't find his music enjoyable to listen to, but I do like KOHH. If it seems "too simple" or "unoriginal" to you, maybe you just don't get it and your expectations were in the wrong place. If you don't think he sounds good, then too bad I guess

Comedy can't be postmodern????????????

they're not the same thing, user...
Just because comedy is inherently satirical does not make it postmodern.

Geez user, if you don't get it, you don't get it.