lmgtfy.com/?q=pemdas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Great, one of these. PEMDAS.

15 / 3(2 + 3)
15 / 3(5)
5(5)

it's fucking 8.476 you retards

M then D dumbass

BODMAS is the only correct way, and if you think otherwise, you're probably autistic.

15 / 3(2+3)
15 / 3(5)
15 / 15

from left to right dumb ass
parenthesis
exponent
multiplication and division
addition and subtraction
from left to right

Actually an incomplete equation and can be either 1 or 25, it needs more brackets, OP is a faggot

my dad has ten year at harvard math. he says 1

>write an equation with unclear notation
>watch anons argue over the solution
>question has no answer because it's improperly formatted

>Not expressing divisions signs as the unreduced fractions they truly are

Somebody hasn't taken anything above remedial college algebra.

From left to right, division and multiplication are on the same level, faggot

Think of your middle school days cocko

left to right

kekd

Twenty-Five?

this

If you treated it algebraically, the 3(2+3) would be a single term. You can separate the 15/3, but normally that would leave the equation to be 15/3 * (1/[2+3]), but since they are all constants, it's a bit fucky.

In the end it would depend on what the numbers represent.

there's two answers as there's no way to know what the writer of this question is asking.. hence why the writer is likely a retard

SO THEN REFORMAT IT THEN

i dont get it it looks fine to me

i got 1

Replace (2+3) with a variable

Please Excuse My Dope Ass Swag

*sigh*
here we go again
> result 25
> calculated in c++
end of discussion

Why is it so hard for people to understand that Addition/Subtraction and Multiplication/Division happen left to right? You don't do one before the other. You do them left to right.

In this situation, you assume that / is a simple division operator and that it isn't creating a fraction. Therefore when you have

15 / 3(2 + 3)

You do parenthesis first so we're left with

15 / 3(5)

Or also

15 / 3 * 5

So now, left to right, we find

5 * 5

Nothing is dependent on anything. Sure it's set up wonkily, but welcome to middle school faggots.

1. All other answers are wrong because all other methods disregard Pemdas. And you can't solve any equation correctly while violating Pemdas

go away evil dogger

C++ functions are specifically set by choosing one of the two arbitrary methods that can solve the problem. Mathematically there is no actual rule of starting from left or right in this situation, just convention, and that convention is what was used for C++ for simplicity.

You have added nothing.

You're missing a huge chunk of mathematics if this is considered improper to you

>Mathematically there is no actual rule of starting from left or right
motherfucker what

PEMDAS
first do parenthesis. get that 5
then you hit the "MD" you dont actually do multiplication first. you do whatever mult or divi that comes first.
so you get 5 times 5
then 25

I guarantee you.
Look for an actual mathematical law or theorem that requires a directional method by use of proofs. Ain't happening.

Prove to me that english is meant to be read from left to right

Tenure
>Ten year
Lmao

English is structured to be so, but numbers exist independent of written language. You're still mistaking conventions for what's actually going on with the equation.

Ever heared of PEMDAS dipshit?

>Parentheses
>Exponents
>Multiplication
>Division
>Addition
>Subtraction

youtu.be/8lGCwSGY5eI

Uno

It is 1. It's a division so normaly it should be written like this.

>it should be
Unnecessary extrapolation. You're redefining the problem

obviously 25

holy shit how stupid are you

literally the first site that comes up when you google it disproves you

lmgtfy.com/?q=pemdas

if it was supposed to be that then there would be parenthesis around the denominator.
the way that it is written would be:
----- X (2+3)

find me literally any reputable source that does multiplication/division right to left or in any half-ass order

15/15
One whole

You can choose

stop trolling. literally nobody is retarded enough to think you are being serious.

Again, you're letting yourself cling to conventions. Any "reputable source" would just give you a preference. This is the entire reason we have use of scripting, brackets, and parentheses, because unless you're told specifically what the numbers represent (the meaning of the sets), the order of like operations is undeniably arbitrary.

Fuck you. Don't tell me what I can and can't do. I don't even let my bitch mother tell me that shit.

Florian Cajoris book "A history of mathematical notation"
in case you misunderstand, the text indicates that this type of confusing exists, and that you are meant to do whatever comes first.

I mean shit on a pedantic level that's true but if you're going that route, all of math is arbitrary. You can add first then multiply because why not? If we created our standards that way then it'd be okay. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

Conventions are law. That's why they're conventions. You're not going to find anyone that does the operations in any other order.

The answer is 1.

>Published in 1928

At least in modern times, it's not ambiguous

answer is 19. prove me wrong

Not your personal abacus, faggot.

This is the point of the stupid problem to begin with though. On that very basic level of what is true and what isn't when it comes to math, this problem can be assumed to have two possible answers until more information is given. Otherwise, you're making an assumption.

well just because 2+2 doesnt equal 5 anymore doesnt mean that everything else about math has changed

Is this OC? 10/10 would nod at screen again

165 faggot

Should have read "an assumption you can't prove indefinitely."

15 / 3 (2 + 3)
15 / 3 x 5
15 / 15
it just works

It was the first thing my smart ass thought of but I can't swear it's never been said before. Glad you enjoyed it.

it is actually 38 tho.
( im the one who posted it)

It's 38.

In the shapes, each side equals 1
>Hexagon, 6 sides
>Pentagon, 5 sides
>Quad., 4 sides

The bananas, each banana equals one

The clock, the time is the value

So for the final question: 2+3+3x11

I fucking hate these. I hate every one of you fags screeching 'PEMDAS PEMDAS' like a bunch of retarded seals. Yes. PEMDAS. Mulitplication and division, and addition and subtraction happen at the same time. This is because division IS mulitplication and subtraction IS addition. This can be can be rewritten as 15(1/3)5, which is obviously 25. Division by n should be written as (1/n) and subtraction by n should be written as +(-n). I realize this was a waste of time but I hope you're all less retarded for it.

88 retard

First row = 15 each this has 3 per shape which equates to 5 each shape within a shape for a total of 15 per shape. The bottom shape of this nature has 2 shapes with the shape so it equates to 10

Second row Has total of 23 deduct the 15 from the shapes within a shape and you get 8. Divide 8 by 2 and you get 4

Row 3 deduct 4 for the banana and you get 6. Divide 6 by 2 and you get 3

Row 4
3+4+4x10=47

Order of Operations, pal.

when actually everything is just addition

yeah, but check the nans' and tick-tocks in the last line breh.
bet you feel pretty negro now

Did not notice the time on the clock LOL.

Minus the time on the clock it would be 46
. Now that I see the time on the clock LOL.

Order of Operations, pal

Purple, because ice cream has no bones.

you've never found a bone in your ice cream?

ez......... NEXT

This.

Finally someone who's not retarded

It's basic math, you idiot. It doesn't take a damn genius. (1)

No. Inside is solved first. Why do I know? I have a degree in math, bitch.

15/3(2+3)
15/3(5)
5(5)
Checked it on a calculator.

1 = 15 / (3(2+3))
25 = 15 /3(2+3)

use bedmas, brackets first.
2+3=5
15 divided by 3 = 5
5x5=25
abandon thread

Lord Google provides

Wolfram alpha says 25

What the fuck is a bedmas? You mean PEDMAS? Fucking retard.

B and P mean the same thing. Just depends on where you're from on if () is called brackets or parentheses.