Sup Forums I'm your friendly resident mechanic here. What's going on with your car...

Sup Forums I'm your friendly resident mechanic here. What's going on with your car? I'm sure something is wrong and you don't want to take it to the shop.

Some things need to be inspected in person, I will help you to the best of my ability over the internet.

you think you're better than car talk? really? fuck you!

2012 Range Rover sport. Keeps saying "Service needed" - does it just do that after certain milage or is something wrong?

my gear shift keeps getting stuck up my ass and my warranty just ended. how fucked am i?

My car makes this noise like a baby being bounced against the hood from the inside.

Vibrations at 70mph, 99 4runner

you simply have to conect it to a computer and message is gone

Not OP but certain vehicles when getting close to recommended maintenance intervals will throw a maintenance required light, which is different than a check engine light. I would recommend checking your owners manual or taking it in to have it looked at.

Most likely bent wheel or alignment issue

You need your tires balanced

Whats the safest part of the car to put my dick in?

Range rovers have intervals for oils changes and rotations. They have to be reset whenever the service is preformed, you are either due or the light was never reset

Glove box

vibrations should start around 30mph

I don't even know what this means

Wrong

Throttle body

Not fucked at all

Elaborate

thank you guys

I have a 2011 Chrysler 200 Limited with the Pentastar engine, 280,000 km mostly highway and winter driven in canada. I drive like a white man.

Never had any maintenance done except new tires, oil changes and windshield.
Never changed the brakes or even checked the transmission fluid level ( I can't it says dealer only) and I've never taken it to the shop. Did everything myself and it runs great 0 problems.
I believe if it ain't broke don't fix it, how much do you think I've saved over the last 6 years not paying a mechanic for a bunch of bullshit?

> enough to buy a new car.

should i get into the shop to get my prostate checked just to be sure?

omfg you never even heard of car talk and you say you're a mechanic? how the f is that even possible?

I do all regular maintenance on my own since I'm not a lazy retarded faggot.

If the light is orange then it's routine and non-urgent. If the light is red then it's a critical issue.

A lot of Range Rovers have 16,000 mile service intervals. If it came on at a multiple of 16000 then its a service due reminder.

16,000 miles is insane. You should service it every 7,500.

Asap

I have a newer vw. The engine missfires but not that bad (gets worse in winter). Mechanic says the computer needs an update, but I think hes full of shit.

Literally lying.

Your cars processor needs more ram.

If you want my story of how I became a mechanic I'll tell you, I don't even like cars. Easy to make money on them though.

You sound like the kind of mother fucker who buys into that "sealed system, never have to change the fluid" shit.

Good for you?

reboot the car cpu. there's some code where you turn the ignition from off to accessory that will do that

You decided to use your hand job skills for lifting wrenches instead of cocks?

Ever since I got new shocks and suspension on my car like a month ago, i've been hearing this weird rattling noise coming from the rear left tire whenever I go over bumps. What to do?

It's possible. I work at a mazda dealership and we have a recall that is literally updating the computer because they run rough in cold weather.

1985 Chevy Silverado 305. I think I had the timing advanced too far, was running fast. Will not start now, fuel supply good, starter is healthy, should be in the distributor right? Burned up the dealy-bits with too much excitement?

an oxygen sensor need to be replaced

use a wrench to tighten up the new pieces they installed. they forget to tighten some of them all of the way.

An EGR valve doesn't really do anything does it? My 20 year old corolla needs a new one and I don't want to drop $300 on it.
Thanks

Exactly!

This mother fucker taking his time to try to answer peoples shit, and you seriously in here trying to pull his chain?

What kind of vehicle?

Nigger I have a full size spare that is brand new and a spare jack in the trunk with a fifty year old tire iron right next to it.

Yeah that's what most of you faggots say, that or " ohhhp something really bads going to happen and it might kill you" what's going to happen if I don't buy your fucking scare tactic bullshit.

It's amazing how far a car will go if you drive normal, let it warm up and take care of it.

Mechanics are scum.

Most likely

Electric car masterrace reporting in.
Literally nothing ever goes wrong with it

car talk is just about the most famous radio show with two genius mechanics that diagnose cars from people's descriptions. you are not better than them and the fact you don't know about it means you aren't really a mechanic

Yeah okay there bud like you know fuck all about anything anyway

>I can tell the story
doesn't just tell it
>I don't even like cars
lol look at this poser faggot
>easy to make money
reveals jew roots

It's an emissions thing. It is possible to lose power because of a bad one though.

How would I even begin to go about doing that?
Mazda 3

94 corolla with only 91k on the dash. No issues. Might change my serpentine just for the fuck of it though

It's OK bruh. We're here to listen. Let it out.

It's 100% impossible to go that far without needing brakes. I don't care how you drive.

Can confirm. The natural aspiration really knows how to suck a cock

I know that exactly zero people, including you, give a fuck about your Chrysler LeBaron

Recirculates exhaust gasses to reduce nox. Just and emissions thing mostly

Eh, fuck it that's what I thought. I'm only going to have it for another year anyways. Thanks

I never said I was better than them. Especially since I didn't know who you were referring to. I do know what you are talking about. I heard them telling people how studded tires are retarded.

Fuck you jewchanic shill defense force mother fucker. Don't forget to tell your friends to pay 300% msrp on parts for the stocking fee so a minimum wage retard can put it on a shelf while they pay labor fees that go to the store and not the employee that is too lazy to tighten shit all the way or not get finger prints every where.

It's not an exciting story? Why are you so mad. I'm just trying to help people.

drive it up on to ramps. you get under it with the wrench and have a friend push up and down on the top of the car so you can hear the squeaks. put your ear up to the parts that squeak loud. find the screws that hold it in place and tighten them with wrench. use wd-40 if they stick

IF you really need studs get tracks. IF you cant get tracks wtf are you doing anyways.

Checked, not that guy, but I have a 2004 Chevy Tahoe, drove it off the lot with 220 miles on it. It now has 216k on it and original brake pads, they're not great but the rotors are fine, no groves at all. Oil changes ever 3-5k lucas oil additive every time. Machines have feelings, they'll treat you right if you do the same.

Got a 79 camaro z28 with a 350 small block that backfires in drive only. First and second it runs like a top, when I put it in drive it pops when I get on the throttle. It all started when I had the exhaust replaced with straight pipes, the original system had a few leaks and it was just easier to replace it. Could that be the source of the issue?

Look at you embarrassing yourself in front of everyone. What would your mom say?
She'd tell you to change your fucking oil and quit running that poor LeBaron into the ground is what.

2004 bmw leaking radiator fluid. Becoming bone dry after 3-5 commutes to work and back

All that extra pressure raping your engine. Does it make the vroom vrrom noise really loud though?

98 vortec when warm will spit and sputter for a few seconds as soon as I put it in gear, idle is fine, after I start it again like stopping at gas station, then it drives fine.

There may be a sway bar link loose, or something along those lines. Bring it back to who fixed it, talk to them politely and ask if they can take a look. If they try to charge you, refuse and bring it to their competitor and tell then the story. You will get an accurate diagnosis one way or the other.

I'm driving my dead dads old Buick you asshole! Don't judge me!

Sorry it's a 5.7

you took it to Midas and they cut the pipes and did a bad weld. your original exhaust used brackets and clamps but midas is shit because they just cut and weld to save time and money. now you have water in your muffler. can't be fixed once they cut up your pipes

Bring it to a shop.

Fucking shit. That's my b man. I thought you and LeBaronfag were the same person. Im clear now. Feel like you might be just trolling, your shit is funny tho. Carry on.

It could also be a lack of back pressure from straight piping it.

park your car on a concrete pad. look for the green spots where the fluid leaked out. that is where your car is leaking radiator water

Yeah it Is cunt, like I said mostly highway. The brakes are fine and here you are fucking preaching to me and saying I need to buy new brakes. Fucking scumbag.

I don't need a fuckin' community college degree in mechanics to look at a set a brakes and know if they are good or not. Your lucky most people are naive and dumb or you wouldn't have a job.

Probably some sort of vacuum leak

Do they have a locomotive version, I'm they only guy at work that can troubleshoot and there's some the stump me for awhile and I have knowone to ask for help.

to test this put some steel wool in the exhaust pipe to create some back pressure

Get a real job you fucking faggot

Did a mechanic steal your girl? You are very mad over nothing. And if you went that far on the highway you would still need brakes. Also Chrysler 200s are steaming likes of shit. I'm sure you are driving a death trap but are too proud to have someone qualified and knowledgeable look at it.

And what do you do for work?

well actually i think they died. npr stopped showing that show a few years ago. but i think you can podcast it to gain the knowledge of the old shows.

Brakes, like tires, oil, wiper fluid, and apparently windshields in your case, are what we call consumables.
Change the LeBarons brakes, fag.

So you were talking shit to me about a show that isn't even on anymore? Before I even said anything to anybody? You can now officially go fuck yourself.

lol, the ability to fix the thing that literally every person in the world is fucked if they do not have it? Nice insult, high school.

2000 infinity i30 will not idle, starts, runs great when cold, but idle starts jumping around and dies when it not revved up

Please, PLEASE lift your car and take pictures of the underside, and of your brakes. I would love to see what it looked like.

no the knowledge of that show is still valid and my words still stand. unless you were born 3 years ago there's no reason at all someone who says he's a "mechanic" hasn't heard that show. you're a fake op or very poorly educated and a horrible mechanic if you don't know about that show.

Probably some sort of intake leak. When it heats up it expands, causing a gap and making your car run lean (more air than fuel) by revving it you feed it more fuel so it will not stall.

Not the mechanic OP, but know a lot about cars. Sounds like throttle body is fucked... or much easier to verify is your fuel pump is failing.

my f30 335i keeps farting every time I shift now that I got catless downpipes.

'97 cadillac seville, the heater/ac fan/blower only comes on when it wants to no matter what I have the settings on(besides off). doesnt matter if its auto, defrost, heat, ac, etc. When the fan does kick on it works fine but it just doesnt come on when i tell it to. pain in the ass when I need defrost in winter. It has the capability of working fine, just works when it wants to.

put stp octane booster in your gas every week

2007 mazdaspeed 6, have to give it some force to get it into second, occasionally grinds into second with the clutch in

I'm 26. I don't listen to that show to learn how to do my job. I don't understand why you think because I don't listen to a show on npr, I wouldn't know how to work on cars let alone be a "fake mechanic" I'm sure they're very knowledgeable. I work with people who know more than me. You are the aggressor here fine sir.

loose wire in the console. bang it hard and see if that makes it work. don't do it too hard or you'll crack the console