SEA:Report: Seahawks open to trading Sherman
FA:Jamaal Charles leaves Seahawks without deal
SEA:Lacy's deal includes monthly weight clauses
OAK:Report: E.J. Manuel signing with the Raiders

Football Chat
[ discord.gg/BKCjqtT ]

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/BKCjqtT
profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/19/talk-in-new-england-of-darrelle-revis-returning-to-the-patriots/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Interesting....

>Packers 3rd best

Here we go again...

>packers

Literally who?

>steelers and cowboys high odds to win superbowl

Wow like it doesn't say this each season.

>broncos that high up with a terrible offense overall and regressing defense
ehh...

>each season
>Cowboys high superbowl odds any time before 2014 outside of the 2007 year
someones new

Tied for second dumbass

>Cuckboys
even winning a single playoff game

>cowboys lose all defense
>somehow below New England and above 5 teams better than them

hmm.....!!!

thats even worse

>mfw Jerruh is going to trade Romo last minute to some sucker for a first round pick like the Eagles did Bradford

Now we just pray for some faggot to get injured and we're gold.

>Toxins that high when their best possible QB option is Tony Homo

>giants 18/1

>cowshits that high
Pure delusion for a team that won't even win a playoff game. If they even make it there.

>shedding off your shitty, injured, and old secondary

>bad

If the Cowboys resigned those bums I'd fucking riot. Only one I'd be willing to see stay was Wilcox and that's it.

t. buccs fags projecting

>cut corners who were average at worst
>replace with rivals WORST secondary player
>giants and eagles proceed to sign more receivers
>b-b-but..

+ol
o
_

>cowboys should have resigned mediorce secondary to bloated contracts even though there was cap space issues
Not even the Browns are that stupid

Carrol is insurance if they don't get a CB in the draft.

The Cowboys already have replacement players they'd already drafted and signed waiting in the wings. Like Heath who's taking over SS. He's the guy that picked off Rodgers twice and the refs took away one.

see Don't be a casual. Also the Eagles and Giants signing big WRs was even more reason to let those guys go and get someone in the draft
>cut corners who were average at worst
Uh no sweetie, they were average at best. Maybe the discord is more your place, it's typically where the casuals meme, more your speed. There is a link in the OP for you :)

McKelvin's not on the Cowboys m8

Objective Division Hierarchies(Super Bowl Era)

1. Cowboys
2. Giants
3. Redskins
4. Eagles

1. 49ers
2. Rams
3. Seahawks
4. Cardinals

1. Packers
2. Bears
3. Vikings
4. Lions

1. Buccaneers
2. Saints
3. Falcons
4. Panthers

1. Patriots
2. Dolphins
3. Jets
4. Bills

1. Steelers
2. Ravens
3. Bengals
4. Browns

1. Broncos
2. Raiders
3. Chiefs
4. Chargers

1. Colts
2. Titans
3. Jaguars
4. Texans

>Cowboys delusion reaches its peak coincidentally when there is no football being played
REALLY makes me think

>cowboys not wanting to overpay for mediocre to bad secondary is now delusional
Eagles fans everyone

Doesn't make the cowboys a top 5 contender losing talent in a receiver heavy division.

If you traded romo and kept at least ONE decent corner and signed better players you could've argued otherwise.

Have we reached a point where Cowboy haters are as delusional as Hillary Supporters?

I think so

>projecting
i think a team that didn't win a single playoff game last year, still has secondary as a major weakness, is deluded enough to think that someone is going to trade a 1st round pick for tony homo, and thinks they are the favorite for the owl is pretty delusional. but yeah, you can pretend it's cuz muh claiborne or whatever.

>Doesn't make the cowboys a top 5 contender losing talent in a receiver heavy division.
>losing talent
>talent
>Carr and Claiborne
>talent

They can literally get 1 playmaking CB in a draft that is loaded with DBs and have a potentially better secondary than last year.

>gets btfo in the discord and thread
>nowhere left to shitpost

Leave tiki, nobody likes you.

They're reaching pretty hard. They're literally mad Jerry did something smart instead of overpaying for busts again.

interesting, a couple months ago carr and claiborne were the best CBs on the cowboys. i wonder what changed?

Well vegas has them tied for 2nd behind the patriots so the delusional one is most likely you :)

>still has a secondary as a major weaknss
Was a major weakness going into 2016 but Marinelli who is one of the best defensive minded coaches in the NFL got mediocre secondary to be one of the best redzone secondaries with one of the best man on man coverages in the league

Can't wait to see who we get in the Draft. Probably get Sidney Jones in a steal in the 2nd

Steelers lost to the eventual SB champ in the divisional playoff round the past two seasons, and are bringing back basically the same roster plus DUDE WEED Bryant. Why wouldn't they have high odds?

What receivers? A 30 year old past his prime WR that's about as good as Victor Cruz was?

Redskins are so bad in other areas they haven't improved as a whole at all.

>no rebuttal for me except memes
>no actual arguement against me

>t-tiki b-btfo
Discord is for casuals and memery. Best place for someone like you ;)

>the cowboys are gonna draft good I swear!
>drafts a RUNNINGBACK high the year before runningbacks are deep in the draft
>cut best corners and have nobody in the secondary

MY
SIDES

If you're the best of something bad, does that make you good? Because Carrol was the Eagles' best CB and Eagles fans know he's not that good.

*conference round last year, divisional round 2 years ago

lmao sidney jones won't even be able to play in 2017, he's not a steal in the 2nd. do you draft homework better.

Now this is just fucking awful.

0/10, apply yourself

Larping cowshit detected

Carrol was the worst eagles corner

>the cowboys are gonna draft bad I swear!!!
>Zeke was a BUST
>Cut Best (Mediocre) corners is baaaaad!

heres the link in case you missed it
discord.gg/BKCjqtT

good post

>Cowboys fans always bring up the Eagles boogeyman
>Hillary supporters always bring up the Russia boogeyman
both are so far up their ass and honestly believe their shit doesn't stink

>makes delusional uninsightful post
>anyone who disagrees is a memer

Okay tiki

Jaylon Smith was considered a steal despite his injury if he would be coming back at full strength. Same thing could happen with Jones ;^) Risk will be worth the reward especially if he drops considerably and falls into the Cowboys

>Saying cutting mediocre players who would have cost way to much is delusional
>calling out the lack of rebuttal and only the memes anons are considering disagreement
>wanting to build in a draft that is heavy at DB is delusional

Okay user. Im still waiting on a rebuttal that isn't gradeschool tier though

He's rated as the best or tied with the best by every non homer article I can find about him and the Eagles from last year.

completely different scenarios. smith was a linebacker and his injury was different than jones', plus LB wasn't a position of need for the cowbous with sean lee. with an achilles you often never get the speed back that you once had, and jones wasn't that a fast of a guy to begin with.

for someone who's calling everyone in here who disagrees with you a casual, thinking the cowboys should waste a 2nd round pick on jones in a draft absolutely filled with DB talent is almost comically casual.
malcolm jenkins playing slot corner was the only eagle to play well at corner last year. carroll was shit like everyone else.

>wasting a high draft pick on a RB in 2016 isn't stupid

Cowboys fans, everyone.

You people do realize the Cowboys are no longer in WIN NOW mode like they were with Romo?

They're planning for the future and being smart by not overpaying old and often injured secondaries and sticking to building through the draft.

How could you possibly not understand this? Everything changed when they got Dak and Zeke, then confirmed it when they decided to get rid of Romo.

Wideout is more important than slot in CB ability. The fact he was the slot shows he's not good enough to be a wideout and can be replaced in nickel formation by another DB.

>completely different scenarios. smith was a linebacker and his injury was different than jones',
Then if it's too serious the Cowboys won't go for him. Still plenty of other DBs

>plus LB wasn't a position of need for the cowbous with sean lee
It still kind of was Sean Lee was doing everything by himself. McClain was having problems, the other draft prospects were having problems or being injured. LB was still a need at the time.

>claiming solid corners are mediocre to save face because your front office is retarded and will lose the division to the giants again

The only decent corner drafted in 3 years is Bryon Jones who was transitioned to safety. Last year you could've taken 2-3 corners high and taken any runningback to play behind an elite offensive line. Use your fucking brain.

malcolm jenkins is a safety, he shouldn't be playing corner at all. my point was that the eagles cornerbacks were awful last year, possibly the worst group in the league.

>cowboys are moving on without romo but they didn't cut him before his contract would effect the team and could sign better players

Really made me think..

>solid corners
Dude stop. Carr had like 1 interception in 3 years. The only thing he was solid on was health. Claiborne had missed 33 out of 80 games.

The Cowboys didn't have solid corners. They played solid in 2016 because of Marinelli. And considering the deals they got on other teams, if cowboys had signed them to that they would be in an even worse spot now. The only argument you have on keeping them is chemistry and knowing the scheme. That's it.

Barry Church was the only FA that left that should have been resigned.

I predicted this the other day and I still think Revis would be a good addition if Butler was traded for the 11th overall.

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/19/talk-in-new-england-of-darrelle-revis-returning-to-the-patriots/

>sign

There's the point. The Cowboys aren't looking to sign FAs. They're looking to build in the draft and feel they can get a price for Romo after a set amount of time, teams always get desperate for a QB after training camp.

ONly reason to even cut him was for that whole "Do Right by Tony" thing Jerry was talking about before last season ended.

There was no advantage to just cutting Romo even with his contract. Before Dak Cowboys had already planned on keeping him through 2017 anyway. Besides they literally just restructered 2 contracts which freed up Romos contract and put Cowboys under cap space anyway.

No downside to holding out for a Romo trade

Both played healthy last season, what a coincidence your defensive stats significantly improved with good corners.

>interceptions are how corners are graded
>calling anyone a casual

Lmao, I said you should've kept at least one of them. Claiborne was more talented imo.

>Lions below Vikings, Colts, Cardinals, Buccs, Titans, Bengals, Dolphins, Redskins, and Eagles

Nobody is trading for an injured 36yo QB not familiar with any system outside the Cowboys

Holyshit we just went through this in FA

teams completed 72.7% of their passes for a 106.7 passer rating, 33 TDs, and 10 INTs against detroit last season. that's an all-pro season on average for a QB passing against detroit. have they done ANYTHING to improve their secondary or linebacker corps this offseason?

>no downside
>wasting millions in cap for a player nobody wants

>Both played healthy last season
Carr did, Claiborne only played 7 games.
>what a coincidence your defensive stats significantly improved with good corners.
What happened in 2015 then? Remember all of us were saying the Cowboys mediocre secondary is only good when the Cowboys dominant offense was keeping them off the field. That is not a good enough reason to resign them to contracts they aren't worth when Cowboys were already teetering on the edge of no Cap Space.

You still haven't provided a good reason on retaining them. Why is last year everyone but me was saying Cowboys would have a shit secondary but there I was saying "if cowboys offense plays like it is designed to they could quietly be a top 10 secondary with Marinelli"

Anthony Brown already replaces Claiborne played more games than him and played better than him. Nolan Carroll can be mediocre all he wants he is in my opinion comparable to Carr at least in that he isn't injured much. Heath played well and will take over Wilcox spot. Barry Church spot needs to be addressed though in the draft

All the Cowboys need is 1 good CB pick and they will be a better defense on paper than last year

>Nobody is trading for an injured 36yo QB not familiar with any system outside the Cowboys
Maybe not, there is still a June 1st cut. But Broncos and Houston certainly cleared room for him, they could get desperate. Lets see what happens.

>Claiborne was more talented imo.
He was more talented but he was also more injured. It's why Jets only gave him a 1 year.

better to move on and land someone in the draft to replace him for the better

Romo is high IQ vet and can play in any system, Jesus Christ you're amateur hour.

>Lmao, I said you should've kept at least one of them. Claiborne was more talented imo.
I missed this part, sorry. Maybe in hindsight for at least depth purposes but Carroll fills that role. Not a big loss that they both left though like a lot of people are claiming

>Remember all of us were saying the Cowboys mediocre secondary is only good when the Cowboys dominant offense was keeping them off the field.

And what will happen instead of having average corners you have nothing? You're missing my point.

Whether the cowboys kept or cut them didn't matter if you cut romo and signed a better corner in free agency, or potentially paid Claiborne a one year contract to play opposite whoever you signed/drafted.

Rookies aren't fixing all your problems, especially when you're facing top 10 receivers with good QBs 4 times in your division.

curse is real

>Browns have 200/1 odds

Hope people are ready for more analytical, meme-ball.

>nd what will happen instead of having average corners you have nothing?
what do you mean nothing? Is there not a draft coming up that is loaded at corners and stuff?

>igned a better corner in free agency
Other than Sherman what where the big CB FAs? honest question
Cowboys need to get younger at secondary. And elite players don't enter free agency. Of course you have some takign the approach that you can build through FA, but thats not how the Cowboys have done it. They've been successful just plugging holes through FA and building core through the draft.

>or potentially paid Claiborne a one year contract to play opposite whoever you signed/drafted.
But what if Claiborne had gotten injured. I will agree with you that Cowboys should have kept at least 1 of their CBs, and considering the deal Claiborne got he would have probably been the better choice.

>Rookies aren't fixing all your problems, especially when you're facing top 10 receivers with good QBs 4 times in your division.
Neither is retaining CBs who aren't playmakers that could have trouble with those Top 10 type of recievers and were asking for either too much money, or were just not worth the risk. Not sure why a rookie wouldn't be able to fix problems though. Dak, Zeke, and Byron Jones certainly fixed a lot of problems their first year. So did Fredrick, Martin, and Smith. Give the Cowboys a bit more credit in drafting a day 1 starter that makes an impact at CB through the draft.

Carroll is worse, dude was a plague on the eagles.

How did the eagles do in this category I'm curious

>he isn't putting a cheeky hundo on the Browns

>It's a tiki thread

Not going to argue with you there. Don't get it wrong though Cowboys didn't sign him to be a starter. He is most likely going to be depth and plug and play in the many Nickel Formations Cowboys run. But if he can be reignited in Marinellis scheme then im all for it.

Bob Quinn literally is building up the Lions lines from the trenches and his FA signings are being considered some of the best done for a team right now

please win the nfc east next season

it's bad enough my team is going to be trash, I don't want to see the iggles or gnats be successful.

Sherman wasn't a free agent.

Butler
Bouye
Boykin
Gilmore
Ryan
Kirkpatrick
Flowers
Shields?
Verner
Cooper

Some of those guys are still available

>They've been successful just plugging holes through FA and building core through the draft

And corner is a big hole that could be smaller.

>But what if Claiborne had gotten injured
Thus the one year contract, similar to what he is paid now I guess.

>Not sure why a rookie wouldn't be able to fix problems though.

You lost 4 secondary players, you can't expect to replace more than 2 in the draft. Releasing romo and signing a big corner to play elite receivers would've saved trouble.

60.2% completion, 25 TDs 16 INT, 85.7 passer rating
but the starting LB is still paul worrilow (?) and they have garbage for corners outside slay. i like what bob quinn has done so far, but it seems to me that the team's glaring weakness, aside from the running game, has yet to really be addressed.

Gonna be a battle between giants and cowboys for division leader both are gonna be double digit wins Giants offense is gonna score fast and sit back, gotta keep Eli healthy behind that shit line and no RB. Even last year that type of offense gave the Cowboys trouble and if they can't get a playmaker in the secondary they might not win the division.

>Pro tip: You can't

>You lost 4 secondary players
yes but they signed one and have Anthony Brown moving into starter spot this year. Jeff Heath played well when he got more play time and will be taking over Wilcox spot. The Barry Church spot does need to be addressed, but like you said can't expect to replace more than 2 in the draft. Drafting a playmaker CB and a safety will do it and if they are good picks that is a potential better secondary than last year.

name 3 things that could stop them

why is Luke Mccown even in the league still

hes not one of the good vet backups like hoyer or fitzpatrick and hes over 35.

I'm glad Peterson is getting treated like a cancer by the league but if teams out there could have Charles and Peterson in the backfield why wouldn't they?
I mean I can think of almost 10 teams where one of those guys would make sense. its gotta be the money right?

they're both huge injury risks, past their prime, and in the case of peterson he's hugely limited as to what he can actually do on the field.

someone will take a flyer on charles, but he hasn't played meaningful football in quite some time. in a draft with this many quality RBs, it makes no sense to give either of them anything more than the vet minimum imo.

Both those guys have nothing left

why try to squeeze out something of a veteran rb when this draft is loaded out the ass with talent and it's a young man position.

>if they are good picks that is a potential better secondary than last year

can't know how they'll turn out, had they drafted corner last season to play behind Carr and Claiborne on contract years the cowboys would be in a much better position going into free agency and the draft.

>he hasn't played meaningful football in quite some time

Chiefs buried him on the depth chart after tweaking his knee

oh I was thinking the opposite
bam. we got our power RB to run it up the gut if we have some decent blocking. now we can save a draft pick or at least leverage it to picking up a RB in the 7th now.

I think either of those guys with good blocking would still be dangerous. but also fuck peterson.

So without being cancer about the anthem or his hypocritical af stance about voting. What ya'll think of Colin Kap reupping with the 49'ers?

I think he's worth another shot, I mean who else are they gonna go out and get, and why go out and get someone good during a rebuild?

I think he's perfect desu, they can give him a lowball contract and if he doesn't accept it's w/e, and i he does accept a 2 year lowball contract he can play and we can see what he can do and if it's possible he could be the QB longterm solution that's great just give him a better contract after that period and as the team starts to get more talent/picks around him

sort of my point. his knees are almost viewed as a ticking time bomb now, and his explosiveness was what made him so good. honestly if the eagles signed him for the veteran minimum, i'd be fine with it. but i don't think he can be the lead back anymore, and i would certainly still want to draft a back.