twitter.com/AnonBabble

why's ameer on the cover

jello is what happens when yanks listen to grime

/ourguy/

youtu.be/2dkfKrUwTGI

Cuz he's the group's Tyler basically

brock"nogoodhooks"hampton

I thought that was Kevin

Kevin's the frank because it's some gay dude who only shows up on occasion but everyone loses their shit when he does

Kevin = Tyler
Dom = Earl
Matt = Hodgy
Ameer = Domo
Merlyn = Jasper
Joba = Mike G

This thread

>yfw Summer ended

>tfw you have lived long enough to see odd future 2.0

I've heard some of their individual stuff but I've never really listened to odd future as a collective. I just fucking love brockhampton for what they are, not as some comparison

S2 felt weak for me. Anyone else expecting more variety? I got into them thinking they'd do more hard, experimental shit like HEAT or maybe even alt R&B, this one's just straight hip pop

melon review when?

If I want to listen to more experimental stuff I'll listen to Sat 1

>It's a Merlyn starts screeching song

isn't that all of them

any of y'all gonna see them on tour?

wtf no, the group's Frank is very obviously Bearface.

Merlyn deserves better

gay

>experimental shit like HEAT
how was heat experimental

this

no one in OF really compares to merlyn and joba but the rest are pretty on point. just add:

>experimental shit like HEAT

I'd say HEAT is definitely one of the more straightforward songs besides the freakout near the end. BUMP, WASTE, and even FACE or MILK are more experimental i m o

Fuck I wish man. Really regretting not buying tickets for the Foundry in Philly. Such a tight venue that's close to my area and they were only about $45 on stubhub for about a day. They're like $80+ now :(

I want a bearface album
When

Ive been digging saturation for about two months now and i never managed to learn the tracks names
Now with s2 and s3 coming soon
So help me god

>gold
>swamp
>gummy
>sweet

just to name a few

You have ten seconds to name the most underrated song.
>chink

The money seems to be in BH right now.

Really hoping he can eventually pull out a consistent and captivating album. I can see it being Blonde-tier great without the hype.

TRIP

if we're talking Sat 2 then probably FIGHT

link??

LOSING MY WAAAAAAAY

Seeing them in Detroit, should be lit

>TOKYO

how the fuck is waste experimental

some good moments but it's all over the fucking place and gets tedious

you need a review to form your opinion?

In the context of the entire record its a complete change in sound.

WHAT GOT YOU SHOOK ON THIS SAAATURDAAAY
I TAKE MY L AND I HOLD MY PLAAAAACE

yes

teeth, chick, fight, tokyo

LA DI DA DI DA DI DA

S2 > S1

sweet has a sick hook dood

SUMMER>WASTE

Is it me or does Merlyn Wood remind you of ODB? Not that he sounds like him or anything, but how he fits into the group.

both are great but id have to agree with you just becuase i think waste is too short

San Diego maybe, if I can find someone to go with

This. Brockhampton isn't really that good, but "HEAT" is absolutely incredible. If they released an album consisting of a considerable amount of material similar to that, I'd be creaming over this group as much as everyone else seems to be.

All American Trash - 6
Saturation - 9
Saturation II - 8

saturation I: 6.5/10
saturation II: 5/10

so this is like odd future for kids who think they're too cool for odd future right?

all american trash: 5.5
Saturation: 5
Saturation II: 7

I thought people like you were trolling but Junky is literally the most odd future song I've ever heard. DUDE IM GAY ITS IMPORTANT TO SAY THIS EVERY SONG BECAUSE BEING GAY IS LOOKED DOWN UPON IN RAP INDUSTRY AND TOTALLY NOT ACCEPTED BY EVERYONE YET!!!11

being gay is the least daring thing you can do in rap now a days

Sat 1: 6 or 7
Sat 2 :8 or 9

9/10

>AND TOTALLY NOT ACCEPTED BY EVERYONE YET!!!11

it's really not

look at the comments on Tyler's new songs on youtube

lots of his "fans" freaking out about him being gay and saying they don't know if they like him anymore because of it

some other rappers even made dis tracks about him because of it, like Bizarre for example

you will know being gay is accepted when people stop making a big deal about rappers just saying they're gay.

but people like you have to make a big deal about the rapper just SAYING he's gay in his songs. you are only proving the point that there is still a stigma to it.

waste and summer r great

1. nice reddit spacing
2. bizarre hasnt been relevant since the early 2000s
3. 2-3 teenagers being edgy in youtube comments isn't indicative of society's opinion on homosexuality
4. he's not JUST SAYING he's gay. he's saying that he is ostracized from his communities growing up for being gay which, regardless of whether he's telling the truth or not, is not true in 2017. i don't think he even gives a shit about equality honestly, i think really wants to be "praised" for being "brave". but i could be wrong about that

honestly doubt kevin would have anything to say if he wasn't milking this homosexuality thing so hard. even rappers that talk about pussy and women a lot have other things to say besides being the victim of homophobia and racism.

I like Ameer, but holy fuck he needs to stop using the same flow for every track

He's mentioned before that his parents don't want to accept his sexuality. I would definitely see that as being ostracized from his community

>Reply
dude growing up gay in black/hispanic communities is way different than growing up gay in white communities. ppl will kill you for that shit 2017 or not. idk what corpus christi is like and what his area was like tho

>he's mentioned before
yeah and it was interesting on the first song. got a bit tiring on the 6th and 7th one dont you think?

>he's saying that he is ostracized from his communities growing up for being gay which, regardless of whether he's telling the truth or not, is not true in 2017.

in the black community, it certainly is. blacks are still nowhere near the level of acceptance of homosexuality as white people are, and are especially underrepresented in hip-hop, a genre notorious for casual homophobia. also, stop pretending SJWs run the whole country, there are large parts of America where you will get beaten or killed for being gay whether you are white or black. I don't know what sheltered white bread part of the world you live in.

>Bizarre not relevant

he's still a noteworthy rapper, he has influence, lots of people still dickride him simply because of his association with Eminem. If his fans see him bashing Tyler for being gay, they could be influenced by that, especially if they are young.

also Migos were recently being homophobic and they are definitely relevant.

>2-3 people in comments

yeah man it's only two or three, totally. it's not like there are comments on every video with hundreds or even thousands of thumbs up about this shit and long chains of back and forth debates between the homophobes and non-homophobes. but I'll give you that maybe some of them are just being edgy. still doesn't make it okay, though.

>reddit spacing

not an argument

Not experimental like Swans but it's hip hop with a different twist. The crescendo at the end was straight up post-rock

i really don't get how people enjoy joba at all.

there's literally not a single song he doesn't ruin for me.

>hip-hop, a genre notorious for casual homophobia
not since the 90s
>his association with Eminem
dude you're one of 10 people who know about this bizarre song.
>If his fans see him bashing Tyler
tyler has 100 times the amount of fans that bizarre does. no one gives a fuck about bizarre stop bringing him up holy shit you're grasping at straws.

and no one gives a fuck about youtube comments. youtube is designed to make comments that have the most upvotes or the most replies (gay ones you're referring to) the most visible comments on every video. for every homophobic comment on a brockhampton video there is, there's atleast 10 people calling him out for being a homophobe.

you're never going to have a society that is 100% pro anything. there will always be racist and homophobes but you're making it seem like there's way more of them than there are.

this discussion is about acceptance for being gay in the music community. show me one mainstream music publication that will downrate an album because it's pro homosexuals or has a homosexual musician on it.

they're literally known for how good their hooks are brodie

All American Trash - 5

Saturation - 8

Saturation II - 9

There's literally only one brockhampton song in which he mentions being opressed for his sexuality, the rest are one off references. (Ex "gave my nigga head, making out with Zayn"). If you can't stomach any lyrics tht reference his sexuality then I can see why that would offend you but this idea that all his verses re just him being as gay as possible is kinda exaggerated. Besides, Kevin has all of like 4 verses on sat 2, 2 of which don't even mention his sexuality but are generic feelings about a relationship. If you wanna hate him for being gay, fine but it's not like he shoves it in your face the entirety of the lbum

no because they AREN'T FUCKING COMING TO GEORGIA FUCKING MORONS JK ILY KEVIN PLEASE

>show me one mainstream music publication that will downrate an album because it's pro homosexuals or has a homosexual musician on it.

now you're moving the goalpost

>not since the 90s

not true, like I said Migos just got called out on homophobia and they are among the most relevant rappers right this moment

also all the stuff I said about the general black community's position on homosexuality still stands. people really do still get murdered over this shit. I'd say we have maybe 60% acceptance in America, I mean one of our biggest political parties is openly and consistently anti-gay, as well as our biggest religion being anti-gay.

>now you're moving the goalpost
no that's what our original conversation was about. mainstream media is culture. people aren't becoming less and less racist/homophobic because they're coming to the conclusion that it's "more virtuous to not hate someone for their sexual preferences". it's because these kids grow up watching neoliberal shows and read neoliberal news organizations that are unanimously progressive

>i'm not a drake ass nigga
>i'm more like troy sivan

Jesus

queer is such a bad song

1. QUEER
2. SUMMER
3. SWEET
4. JUNKY
5. GUMMY
6. SWAMP
7. TOKYO
8. SUNNY
9. JELLO
10. GAMBA
11. JESUS
12. FIGHT
13. TEETH
14. CHICK

>like my teacher would say, little black boys have a place in the world like hanging from trees or dead in the streets
yeah that totally happened

This

>IT'S DA LIBERAL MEDIA BRAINWASHING EVERYONE!!!!1!!11

okay dude you can ignore reality all you want, and pretend that major right wing media/corporations don't exist and kids don't watch them, but maybe you should fuck off from the world of hip-hop while you're at it and go back to your upper-middle-class white-friendly power metal shit where you don't have to get triggered by gayness

>BRAINWASHING EVERYONE!!!!1!!11
where did i imply they were brainwashing?
>major right wing media/corporations exist
source? fox isn't right wing
>go back to your upper-middle-class white-friendly power metal shit
im a gay black man you faggot. you seem unbelievably buttblasted right now

God how fucking white can a Sup Forums post be
Get out of your culture bubble and wait until you're at least 18 to post here. Even if it's not the majority, America is still VERY racist and VERY homophobic, especially in more impoverished communities (Both black AND white.) Hell, we're in the middle of an opiod epidemic, why aren't you calling out anyone else in Brockhampton for things like drug addiction and failing out of schiol?

Tbh I like joba but I hate his facial expressions. If i didn't know he was making them throughout all the songs than I'd enjoy them more. He's a very good producer and mixer tho.

>America is still VERY racist and VERY homophobic,
How should I feel about this?

>fox isn't right wing

then what the fuck are they? they're certainly far from liberal and last time I checked they were proudly anti-gay.

>im a gay black man you faggot.

bullshit, post a pic of your black ass sucking someone's dick and maybe I'll believe you

you're so ignorant it's kind of endearing

not an argument and you didn't answer my question

better luck next time pal

It wasn't supposed to be an argument and there wont be a next time I'd rather let you wallow in your ignorance

so you're admitting you're wrong, cool

Yes user. That's exactly what I'm doing

I like the Jesus interlude

dooope, I'm seeing them in Austin.

FINALLY ONE OF MY FAVORITE ARTISTS COMES TO AUSTIN INSTEAD OF JUST DALLAS AND HOUSTON.

To be honest, GOLD, HEAT, STAR and BOYS are the only songs I thought were above mediocre. I think the worst song on the album was 2PAC.
Honestly, I don't want to sound plebby or not open-minded but I listened to the full album and the autotune + the vocal effects was kind of a turn off for me. And even BUMP did not reach banger status for me. I came with high expectations but I ended up getting 4 10/10 fucking amazing tracks and the rest was 5-6/10.

I haven't listened to Brockhampton 2 yet, do you think I would enjoy it more or less?

Definitely more

ya

i think they're referring to american boyfriend mainly

>I listened to the full album and the autotune + the vocal effects was kind of a turn off for me.
same desu

TWISSIN ME UP LIKE LICORICE