What went so terribly wrong?

what went so terribly wrong?

Their golden generation retired.

Implying National Team is something that can stay at the top level for a long time.
>Denmark
>Romania
>Sweden
>Paraguay

All these teams had decent eras when they were a top National side for a while, and look at them now.
I just hope we don't go further down. Staying a low pot 2-pot 3 team doesn't seem so bad for a team's bad era.

Also, what's your take on our WC 18 Group? Are we better than Bonnia? Can we finish 2nd?

Are you talking about football or basketball?

Nothing s wrong with our Basketball lul we re a top side.
Top European teams got Greek players and some decent NBA players as well.

Nah, many big nations are consistent over multiple decades and it's not only a matter of money: Argentinia, Brazil and Spain are probably good examples of that. Greece has the same problem as Netherlands and even Turkey I think, they don't seem to do much about youth department. Clubs just buy old players from abroad and that's it.

Second place definately, but Belgium will finish first surely. You might be better this time with Rehhagel as trainier.

What;s your opinion of Skibbe? What do germans think of him?

well u were better in past when it comes to basketball

now only spain can match us...

Well, quite "meh", but he might become a surprise. Was trainer of almost every bundesliga club and has been a long time in the Dortmund staff when they were CL winners. He then took over and crashed the team with no survivors, got booted and this cycle repeated for a decade. I am interested in seeing what he can do.

Literally nothing is wrong with this team, Greece is literally the new Belgium, just like Poland, and everybody that isn't a pleb know it. Greece produce fantastic defenders like Sokratis, Manolas, Kyriakos, and with guys like Retsos (18 years old and already scouted by Man U, Arsenal and Bayern) it's not over yet. On the other side, Panionios is great players that will definitely have a bright future (Siopis per exemple). Karelis of Genk is also a fucking beast.

Not really, Greece seriously stepped down (from title contender-tier to quarter-final-tier) once Diamantidis and especially Papaloukas retired from the NT.

The Sloukas, Pappas, Calathes, Koufos or Perperoglou guys are far from being as good as the Papaloukas, Diamantidis, Fotsis, Zisis or Papadopoulos. And Antetokounmpo has a hard time fitting the traditionnal Greek gameplan.

Retsos, Limnios, Manthatis, Mystakidis, Siopis, Siabanis, Astras, Tsimikas, Risvanis, Tzanetopoulos, Charisis, Donis, Pavlidis, Orfanidis, Lamprou, are just a few names.

How the fuck do you know so many greek players?

NERD

Yes fine, but they were at the top of the game. Not now. is correct and just lowering expectations isn't a good mentality.

nerd

Because i'm not only following BPL, i watch european leagues with interesting young players (belgian league, polish league, greek league). Also, PAOK rejected an offer from Chelsea for Siabanis and Donis is from Juventus, so you should know them

Germany can't make fun of Greece for not paying debts anymore since they don't pay NATO debts to TRUMP.

Honestly things have been going wrong for Greece since Alexander died in 323

I bet the french know alot of Diamantidis. Remember euro basket semis in 2005? Loved watching Tony Parker that game.

I remember more PiƩtrus giving away retarded 2+1 or not even defending on Papadopoulos, or Diaw giving away retarded FTs 20 meters away from the basket on purpose.

With based Madame President we would have had FEMA deathcamps and German tanks in Detroit. Now this madman has the nuclear codes.

Nazis

For me, it's EAAAE

The bigger question is how they were able to make the 2014 knockouts then not even qualify for 2016.

Karagounis and Katsouranis, both captains and guaranteed starters with illustrious careers for greek standards, retired at the same time. Samaras and Salpingidis were both left without clubs and were booted from the NT due to lack of play time. Ranieri had no idea what he was doing. He basically called up literally everyone hoping that somebody would actually perform. I'm an AEK fan and I still don't know how Aravidis got 5 caps or how Platellas was actually called to the team.

The team is nowhere near back on track now, we just don't lose to shit like Faroes. The older generation really needs to go, Maniatis, Tziolis and even Torosidis can't perform at the level we expect them to but the younger guys are not ready to replace them. What we need to do is form a core of players that doesn't change every couple of matches and stick with them for the next ~4 years, not change them for the latest meme.

--------------------------Kapino--------------------------
Torosidis*---Manolas---Sokratis---Tzavellas*
-----------------Samaris-----Stafylidis---------------
Gianniotas----------Fortounis-----------Mantalos
-------------------------Mitroglou-------------------------

* We really need new fullbacks.

Stafylidis based LB excellent Bundesliga and BVB had interest on him,(until they realised they have like 10 Fullbacks), gets midfield while Tzavellas gets his starter spot ?
Nah mate, put Stafylidis back and make it back 5, with Kyriakos Papadopoulos instead ot Tzave
Put lots of holding midfielders because we have no good one to keep the midfield
Samaris - Zeca two people who run up and down to defend and Tachtsidis Vision and body type.
Up front Fortounis as a SS and Mitroglou the based CF.
Change the plan if you running for score.
5-3-2 is our only hope.

I know these changes can't happen in a day sadly, but I just named our only decent 11.
Mantalos is way lower than Fortounis, despite Fortounis not caring for Olympiakos lately.

whatever happened to samaras?

Physically went to shit after his time at West Brom

Actually was really tired and had a back injury that he seemed to not have taken care of on time.
He spent time with almost 0 playtime in Saudi Arabia and USA (includin some months in West Brom) probably to heal and make contracts just to sell shirts? Who knows lol.
Anyways he know plays at Zaragosa.

He had a decent career in my opinion. He left his home at the age of 16 I think, and was a key player for our NT.

We have literally 0 good CMs with the possible exception of Samaris when he decides to not be shit, someone has to play there. Zeca has never played with the NT and he's not that good anyway. Tachtsidis is absolute shit for the NT, I haven't watched him in Italy for the past couple of seasons though. I would consider Kyriakos at DM and Stafylidis at LB in tougher games. Tzavellas actually cares for the NT though which is a plus.

When Skibbe was appointed, he immediately experimented with 3 at the back with either Kyriakos or Tzavellas as the 3rd CB and it obviously didn't work at all. The team could not attack and the defenders were bound to make that one mistake (which usually wasn't just a single one) that would cost us the match.

Mantalos is obviously nowhere near Fortounis's level but he's still far ahead of any other attacking midfielder. He's average on the wing though, too bad there are no better wingers. I hope Karelis doesn't permanently go to shit after the injury, he looked promising.

greece was fucked over by the eurozone jews

I was half watching a Zaragoza game on TV at the weekend and he came on out of nowhere

He looks like he has AIDS

Plays for Zaragoza in Spain, he's only 31

Therei s no other decent player. Zeca at least has the mobility and, since he became a member of this NT will probably have the lust to try, at least for a few games.
Since we have noone better just put Samaris-Zeca-Tachtsidis there on a 4-4-1 with Fortounis. clearly wingers are modern football but we have nothing.
I think it's common sense that when you lack in something, you put more people in it. Not trying to imply that I know better than an average coach like Skibbe, but a 4-2-3-1 doesn't work with Samaris/Maniatis at least.

>zeca is in the greek nt

what the fuck lmao